Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Indara View Post
    Doing something for a long time doesn't mean they're doing it right.
    Doesn't mean you're doing it wrong either. Your anecdotal experience is not evidence of anything.

Don't be one of those people who think the plural form of "anecdote" is "data", because in my experience (and I have far more experience with law enforcement than you do, considering a lot of my family works in law enforcement) is that a lot of the younger guys tend to be more aggressive and zealous. But my case is anecdotal as well, and anecdotes don't count for anything.

"Hey Kid" is essentially the same thing as "Ok, Boomer."

Younger cops if they find you drunk outside but able to walk asks where you live and give you a ride back home.

Older cops will grab you and say you're going to the drunk tank and if you protest because they're bringing you to another town far away from yours they wrestle you to the ground and force you in the car and then file a report saying you were behaving violent against them.
    Ok, I'm done arguing with you, you took one example of multiple I gave, and you're trying to shoehorn your personal experience to somehow disprove the point. That's not how you disprove someone, but you like to argue about pedantics in every thread you go into. I don't have time for that. Let me know if you actually have a valid argument for my point, and have more than ranting about personal experiences and your feelings.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have extremely bad experiences with older cops. They think everything has to be done their way and they're quick to use force to fuck with you. Younger ones tend to not fuck with others as much and demanding respect.
    Younger cops if they find you drunk outside but able to walk asks where you live and give you a ride back home.

Older cops will grab you and say you're going to the drunk tank and if you protest because they're bringing you to another town far away from yours they wrestle you to the ground and force you in the car and then file a report saying you were behaving violent against them.
    Why are you having any "experiences with cops"... Where i'm from they just leave you alone unless you're acting shady or being belligerent.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Why are you having any "experiences with cops"... Where i'm from they just leave you alone unless you're acting shady or being belligerent.
    She does this in every thread, she derails it with pedantic tangential arguments. It seems to be her gimmick.

Old people can't be raci--- I mean ageist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone bitching about being called "kid" will in turn end up using the term on others when they get older.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    yes, cause it's impossible for cops from other places to act differently. It's not like there have been whole departments put on notice for doing shady shit.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I'm not talking about people being prejudiced against those older than them. I'm talking about older people calling people "kid" as an insult. For example, one person in-game said, "I can't wait till you kids are back in school." Sorry, but there's nothing wrong with being younger than someone. If anything, your reflexes slow down with age, so it's probably worse to be older. Anyone feel mad with the use of the word "kid" as an insult?
    The thing is though, kids ARE annoying. Just like a 16 year old was 8 at one time and finds 8 year olds annoying, 30 year olds find 16 year olds annoying. People in their teens to mid 20s often are stupid, annoying arrogant and think they know more than they do online. I've had more bad experiences that good by far with people under 25. I dont ever recall having a major issue online with someone mid 30s plus. It is a fact that most people become more reasonable to deal with as they age. Notice I said MOST. Of course exceptions exist.

Also, keep this in mind: YOU will age, you never stay the same age or get younger. They have been kids, you have not been older. So who is right in an argument between a young person and older person when talking about acting stupid? Think about it.

Now to watch while the 16 to 24 year olds tell me how wrong I am, and then 10 years later they see how stupid and annoying most young people are. Also, as other's have said, how soft are you to be mad enough to post about this? This point's out another problem with younger people, they are often super sensitive SJWs and ruin things for everyone else. Look at even Tropic Thunder, Iron Man himself agreed he probably couldn't play a black guy in today's climate. We have regressed as a society

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ErrandRunner View Post
    Boomers have been getting away with reverse-agism for a while now. Just because somebody is younger than you does not mean they are less experienced or less worthy of a service.
    but 20 year old Tom Smith IS less experienced than 30 year old Tom Smith. You don't seem to understand, when you get called a stupid kid it is for a good reason, not because "some boomer" is out looking for a fight. You are online.... act well and nobody would know you are young, right?
    Last edited by Cruor; 2020-05-21 at 05:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, you must be a white dude.

Anyway, now the trend of “Millennials are Killing X Industry” articles has died down boomers need something else to be upset about. And I guess “lack of experience” is it, despite it coming from people that can’t work a computer without packing it with malware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    It can and does often mean that, a 22-yr old rookie to the police is going to be a lot less experienced than a 50-yr old LT that's been there for almost 30 years.

Do you really think a 25 yr old chef just out of culinary academy is as experienced as a chef in his 60s who's been in a kitchen for 40 years?

A newbie hunter on his first deer hunt, maybe as a teenager, with his grandfather who's been doing it since he himself was a boy?

C'mon now.
    I was referring to life experiences and dealing with issues in life, not in the context of somebody's career. Obviously somebody X years older with Y years more experience in their career will be more experienced than somebody W years younger with X years experience. The point I was making, which seemed to fly over your head, was that a young person can still have experienced and learned from that experience important life lessons that makes them more mature and capable than the boomer "yes, kid" dismissal gives them credit for. Try to think outside the box for once, you might experience something profound.

I was referring to life experiences and dealing with issues in life, not in the context of somebody's career. Obviously somebody X years older with Y years more experience in their career will be more experienced than somebody W years younger with X years experience. The point I was making, which seemed to fly over your head, was that a young person can still have experienced and learned from that experience important life lessons that makes them more mature and capable than the boomer "yes, kid" dismissal gives them credit for. Try to think outside the box for once, you might experience something profound.
    There was nothing profound for me to find in your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    There was nothing profound for me to find in your post.
    Ok, we have established that reading comprehension is not one of your strong suits. It seems you are bitter because people have had enough of Boomers and their arrogance.

Ok, we have established that reading comprehension is not one of your strong suits. It seems you are bitter because people have had enough of Boomers and their arrogance.
    Nah, I worked in writing and publication in English even though it's my second language, so it's not that.

Maybe you're a bit of a blowhard and overvalue your not-very-unique ideas?

10+ Year Old Account
    The OP is, however, in the context of playing a video game where, much like Gen-OT, there just aren't a lot of Boomers.

To say that a person being dismissed might deserve more credit is all well and good, but how do you then skip right over to "more mature and capable". A six year old is probably "more mature and capable" than a two year old, but that's a mighty low bar to clear. In broader terms, a six year old is still going to come up mighty light on maturity and capability overall. OK, there is an eleven year old skateboarder that is breaking records, and his ability in that narrow field is clear, but put him anonymously into the politics sub forum and the overall lack of life experience and education would probably get him flamed to hell and back.

"I can't wait till you kids are back in school" is an opinion about the person in a social environment and has nothing to do with their APM in game.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

7+ Year Old Account
    No one called me a kid, they called others a kid and that usage offended me.
    Offense is taken, not given. No one has an obligation to humor your sensitivities. The fact that you're claiming to be "offended" over something that wasn't even directed at you justifies the comment. Grow up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tho the person clearly didnt mean it as insult, i do belive that if you think you are better than someone just because youre older than them, chances are you probably arent.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    This is bullshit. You don't tell someone to go back to school when they're only "mentally" young.
    It's all in how you present yourself, this thread is a clarion example. You claim to be 31, I'll have to take your word for it because I (and it seems others as well) would never have guessed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    By the way you post on here I would have never guessed you were in your 30's I would have said 15-16 tops.
    I cant disagree with this assessment.

- - - Updated - - -

Says "dawg", is embarrassed for teeny bopper posts.
    but your NOT a teeny bopper anymore, you've aged, but not grown up, which is what people notice about you and why they treat you like a kid.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    It's all in how you present yourself, this thread is a clarion example. You claim to be 31, I'll have to take your word for it because I (and it seems others as well) would never have guessed it.

- - - Updated - - -

I cant disagree with this assessment.

- - - Updated - - -

but your NOT a teeny bopper anymore, you've aged, but not grown up, which is what people notice about you and why they treat you like a kid.
    The point is that there’s nothing wrong with being a kid. So treat me like that all you want, it’s a compliment.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point is that there’s nothing wrong with being a kid. So treat me like that all you want, it’s a compliment.
    I don’t think the issue is that there is something wrong with being a kid. It’s more of the ol’... youth is wasted on the young.

Edit: You’ll get it when you want to go to the beach, but your hip is out. Then you remember how much time you spent playing wow, when your hip was fine. Thus... youth is wasted on the young. No mater how much you do, by the end, you will wish you did more.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-05-23 at 02:38 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi