10+ Year Old Account
    What did the flavor text say? Strangely soft to the touch?
    Seriously Illidan blowing her up was the single saving grace of the last content patch for me besides the awsome raid sets. I hated her quests about gushing all over Illidan with a passion.
    It was annoying to me to and well I didn't play during BC so my response really should of been "I DIDN'T PLAY BACK THEN YOU DUMB NAARU, YOU DEFECTIVE?"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Xe'ra was pretty annoying, yeah. I get that they don't want it to be "light good void bad", but Xe'ra was about as subtle as Naaru shards are soft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Interesting how you lump Draenei and Troll together with Night Elf as the "forgotten" races, when Night Elf is one of the most popular races in the game. Troll also has easy lore/feel to create customizations out of, whereas Draenei don't really. Troll and Night Elf are definitely getting shit, Draenei might be disappointing.
    Well, they are indeed pretty popular. Even punching bags serve a purpose. As do the redheaded stepchildren (Darkspear, Tauren, Worgen)

No one is saying no race is getting shit other than allied races, though. Just that I'd like to see more than a few body textures, but as expected, Forsaken, Blood Elves and Humans are first in line. I'm surprised Orcs haven't gotten more than textures either, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    This was added a few builds ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    This was added a few builds ago.
    Ah, ok

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It was annoying to me to and well I didn't play during BC so my response really should of been "I DIDN'T PLAY BACK THEN YOU DUMB NAARU, YOU DEFECTIVE?"
    That questline became almost painful after a while. And I honestly could not tell whether it was intentional or not that Xe'ra talked like the stereotypical fan of an Illidan redemption arc.
    That being said it was pretty hilarious when we had the cinematic of Illidan being told he had not learnt the meaning of personal sacrifice, and then immediately go to Xe'ra gushing about how he sacrificed so much.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    PS.: Xera also had a cult, the whole army of light and Turalyon were totally brainwashed by her.
    No, Xe'ra herself was merely part of said cult.
    She's just a high ranking member as she is a Naaru and supposedly a powerful one at that.

But the Arbiter is THE deity of worship, the attendants specifically worship her and follow her way.

We only compare the two because both are in leadership positions.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2020-05-22 at 03:21 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That questline became almost painful after a while. And I honestly could not tell whether it was intentional or not that Xe'ra talked like the stereotypical fan of an Illidan redemption arc.
    That being said it was pretty hilarious when we had the cinematic of Illidan being told he had not learnt the meaning of personal sacrifice, and then immediately go to Xe'ra gushing about how he sacrificed so much.
    Given that at some points, even the events she showed us didn't match up with her narrative, i think it was in fact intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Given that at some points, even the events she showed us didn't match up with her narrative, i think it was in fact intentional.
    I assumed so, but then we got to where Illidan killed Xe'ra and I honeslty started wondering where his redemption arc had gone.
    I get that they were probably going for a moment where he rejects his easy redemption because he realizes it is wrong, but that is totally not how it came across in the game.

Maybe actually having some quests where he interracted with Malfurion and Tyrande would help. Though I guess Blizzard was too focused on making the few unique quests in 7.2 to create good questlines shared by everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I assumed so, but then we got to where Illidan killed Xe'ra and I honeslty started wondering where his redemption arc had gone.
    I get that they were probably going for a moment where he rejects his easy redemption because he realizes it is wrong, but that is totally not how it came across in the game.

Maybe actually having some quests where he interracted with Malfurion and Tyrande would help. Though I guess Blizzard was too focused on making the few unique quests in 7.2 to create good questlines shared by everyone.
    In a way doing the whole demon hunter thing is his redemption and being Sargeras's jailer. Which totally will be a future thing to look at. Totally not being explored at all...nope not at all.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    In a way doing the whole demon hunter thing is his redemption and being Sargeras's jailer. Which totally will be a future thing to look at. Totally not being explored at all...nope not at all.
    That still doesnt invalidate that he didnt get a redemption arc in Legion, the expansion partially sold on the idea of his redemption.

Blood Elves aren't getting blue eyes, but if Void Elves are, I'd say there's some good odds for them also getting pale skin and blue tattoos, once Blizzard gets to adding some Allied Race customizations in the future. It would be the obvious thing to do. And it does seem like they are already getting the blue eye part of it now that Blizz is working on eyes.

I really hope Blizzard considers giving Dark Ranger fans, Dark Ranger customization for blood elves (red eyes, deathly pallid skin.) It's the most minimal amount of effort needed for Dark Rangers so Blizzard should definitely take it. Come on Blizz throw me a bone

I hope that void elves do get a few normal skintones and blues eyes.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Giving context to the "good" forces is a valuable concept in fiction, it's essentially a lession about moderation. I'm kinda amused how much this offends some people because it shatters the simple divide in black and white. There is nothing good about religous fervor and zealotry, even if it is for a good cause. In fact this lession is as old as WoW, considering the Scarlet Crusade other other fantical organisations.

I am aware, but it loses its value when its inconsistent and done only to 'subvert' expectations, much like shock value its a lazy new trend writers use when they don't want to come up with anything meaningful, in my opinion.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    I am aware, but it loses its value when its inconsistent and done only to 'subvert' expectations, much like shock value its a lazy new trend writers use when they don't want to come up with anything meaningful, in my opinion.
    Honestly its a dumb trend and "Light not always good" is a dumb plot point and I know its coming but doesn't mean it isn't stupid. A surprise doesn't mean its always good.

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    I dislike black and white writing, so i welcome all the cosmic totalitarian cults i can get.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I dislike black and white writing, so i welcome all the cosmic totalitarian cults i can get.
    I mean this is wow... they don't do subtle. When they try it turns more simple then any story about a great evil ever could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Well, they are indeed pretty popular. Even punching bags serve a purpose. As do the redheaded stepchildren (Darkspear, Tauren, Worgen)

No one is saying no race is getting shit other than allied races, though. Just that I'd like to see more than a few body textures, but as expected, Forsaken, Blood Elves and Humans are first in line. I'm surprised Orcs haven't gotten more than textures either, though.
    By "getting shit" I meant they're definitely getting more than what's currently on alpha. Draenei, on the other hand, might be disappointing.

The whole "my favorite X isn't getting attention" is just silly.

By "getting shit" I meant they're definitely getting more than what's currently on alpha. Draenei, on the other hand, might be disappointing.

I can somewhat understand that but there is clearly some ideas the community supports far more then others. Broken or eredar would of been far more preferred over lightforged for example.

I get the two are separate subjects in terms of customization but I think that is were a lot of the annoyance stems from. That and the fact that mechagnomes and fat people exist and take up race slots.

Not that, just that Forsaken, Humans, Blood Elves were three races you could see from miles away being the first on the list to get something beyond just skins, so I'm hoping next build or the one after that, it's another race that isn't one of those three. That's all.

And I mean, Draenei are getting longer tails and probably some better horn styles, that's already a good step. What would you like Draenei to get? It's difficult to really think of a lot of things they could be given.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Not that, just that Forsaken, Humans, Blood Elves were three races you could see from miles away being the first on the list to get something beyond just skins, so I'm hoping next build or the one after that, it's another race that isn't one of those three. That's all.

And I mean, Draenei are getting longer tails and probably some better horn styles, that's already a good step. What would you like Draenei to get? It's difficult to really think of a lot of things they could be given.
    Warlock and demon hunter....