Poll: Which class are you most hoping to see in WoW?

Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Light: Ranged (Priest), Melee (Paladin)

Void: Ranged (Shadow Priest), Melee (???)

Void Lords expansion is inevitable.

Hmm, as I said they might not make a new Void-based class, but I can totally see a new spec for paladins or even demon hunters themed around the Void.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Don't really like any of those. Would rather they surprise us. Demon hunters turned out great IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvager23 View Post
    Don't all tanks have their own unique set of weaknesses?
    No, they have a unique set of strengths. It's not the same. And have a the mech be a CD like other tanks have, the conversation changes, but the way it is presented now, the tank is about the same as a normal tank when it has its mech, then suddenly becomes a squishy mess when it drops.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    No, they have a unique set of strengths. It's not the same. And have a the mech be a CD like other tanks have, the conversation changes, but the way it is presented now, the tank is about the same as a normal tank when it has its mech, then suddenly becomes a squishy mess when it drops.
    I honestly think making it work like Druids is the best way to go. When the mech dies, the pilot dies with it. I'm just saying that if they can make it work like D.va from Overwatch, that would be cool. If not, just make it operate like Druid forms with some of the out of combat perks Teriz talked about.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    I think that if Necros do happen, they come post-Shadowlands as well.
    I'm not nearly as confident as you, but it would make sense.

We go into the Shadowlands, meet all the covenants, play out the story, and in the process get a deeper understanding of the realm of death.
    With the helm broken, the dead do need to be held in check, so it would fall to those who study the dark arts of necromancy to control it.
    It could even be written in that those who used it before, such as KT, were corrupted by it for not fully understanding it, which is why they lost their souls and were twisted abominations and whatnot.
    The player would have agency over their necromancy from the training and understanding they gain in Shadowlands that solidifies their mind with increased fortitude and resilience against the corruption or whatever.
    I agree with you, I think that will happen, also since if we can make Necromancers from level 1, that would meen that we need Scholars that study it and are master of that art allready to teach us, and that can come from shadowlands.
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

Quote Originally Posted by Salvager23 View Post
    I honestly think making it work like Druids is the best way to go. When the mech dies, the pilot dies with it. I'm just saying that if they can make it work like D.va from Overwatch, that would be cool. If not, just make it operate like Druid forms with some of the out of combat perks Teriz talked about.
    Why do they get perks? Because the perks everyone mentioned is the ability to continue tanking without the suit - that is nothing at all like a druid.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Why do they get perks? Because the perks everyone mentioned is the ability to continue tanking without the suit - that is nothing at all like a druid.
    I was talking about the combat perks brought up earlier by another poster:

QOL:
    Park: While sitting and out of combat, the Tinker can exit the mech and walk around, and even sit or stand on the mech. If the Tinker activates mech form, the "parked" mech automatically disappears.
    Transformation: The mech can transform into Flight Form, Underwater form, and a Travel form. Very similar to Druids in that regard. However, instead of having a completely different form, wings or rockets would emerge from the back of the mech for flight form, or it would transform into a tank for travel form.
    Decals/Customization: The Tinker should have a "garage" ability that allows them to have some customizable options. Almost like a transmog for the form. New color options, maybe some decals, maybe even the ability to swap out different parts of the vehicle. Engineering could even help in this regard by having "Mech Kits" of varying rarities that they can craft and sell to Tinkers.

Abilities:
    Turbocharged: While out of combat, the Tinker in mech has increased movement speed.
    Boost: Quick burst in direction the Mech is currently traveling in (2 charges)
    Self Destruct!: Eject from your mech, causing it to explode dealing AoE damage. Immediately resummon a new mech with 20% health.
    Buster Cannon: Merge your active turrets into the Buster cannon. The Tinker attaches the cannon to their mech and can use the cannon for a set amount of time. Requires at least 2 turrets. Cannot summon new turrets while Buster Cannon is active.
    Eject! Eject 20 feet from your mech. Once activated, your mech taunts all nearby enemies. Cannot use activate mech for 15 seconds.
    Escape Pod: (Talent) When you use Eject or Self Destruct, you're instantly healed for 15% of your maximum health.
    They would get these perks because they're piloting a mech.
    Last edited by Salvager23; 2020-05-22 at 02:40 AM.

I have made some posts in favor of the Tinker before but i actually voted other.

What i had in mind was a Battle mage class. It would most likely have these 3 specs.

Spellbreaker: Tank spec focusing on generating magical shields. Little to no self healing. Weapon would be shield+one-hand(sword, mace, or glaive)

Powers:
    • Enchanted Gear - [Class Buff] - passive : Enchant the weapons and Armor of your Party and raid members within 40 yards. Their weapon attacks do extra 5% frost-fire damage. Their Armor gains the chance to reflect 5% of any magical damage back to the caster.
    • Blink-Strike: Teleport to target and strike.
    • Force Pulse(AOE 20yards): create an inward pulse around yourself that hits all enemies around it. pull up to 3-5 enemies towards you.
    • Arcane Shield: Create a personal shield around you equal to x% of your health.
    • Arcane Dome: Create an area wide shield around you. Cannot move while inside. Enemies cant enter and those inside cant leave. Gain 70% damage reduction to all inside. Lasts x secs.

Mastery: Shield Proficiency : Gives you access to Force resource. You generate Force every time your are struck. While Arcane shield or Arcane dome is active as well as critical hits taken generate more Force.

Mechanics:
    • Force enchantment: Enchant your weapons and armor for x secs with Force. Your weapon auto attacks deal y% extra damage and every time you get hit you reflect 50% of the damage back to the attacker(s).
    • Shield Layer: Restore your shield for the full amount while adding another layer on it, half as powerfull as the previous.
    • Force strike: strike with your wepon for half your attack power. The other half gets absorbed and turned into Force.

Spellblade; melee DPS spec using debuffs to make their damaging abilities hit harder. Focus on constant medium damage abilities with some debuff based defensive utility. Weapon would be either onehand(sword, mace, glaive)+offhand or 2handed(sword,polearm)

Powers:
    • Enchanted Gear - [Class Buff] - passive : Enchant the weapons and Armor of your Party and raid members within 40 yards. Their weapon attacks do extra 5% frost-fire damage. Their Armor gains the chance to reflect 5% of any magical damage back to the caster.
    • Blink-Strike: Teleport to target and strike.
    • Path of blades(AOE frontal cone): Conjure blades in an AoE in front of you that hit all target.
    • Frost-Fire bolt: One of the only hard casts of the class. Fire a blast of frost-fire on the target that consume any and all marks for extra damage.
    • Frost-Fire Sweep: Sweep all targets in front of you with a frostfire enchanted Weapon dealing damage and consuming all marks for extra damage

Mastery: Magical Marks : gives you access to mark of fire and mark of frost skills. When either of those is activated gives your skills the ability to place the appropriate marks on targets.

Mechanics:
    • Marks: When you have Mark of fire or frost activated certain abilities give marks to your target. When your target already has a mark and you hit it with another, they take damage depending on how many stacks of that mark the target had.
    • Frost-Fire Enchantment(Active): Enchant your weapons with a frost-fire enchantment allowing the application of both marks at the same time.Lasts x secs.
    • Mark of Fire: Debuff placed on target with a max of 10 stacks. Reduces all damage of target by x% per stack.
    • Mark of Frost: Debuff placed on target with a max of 10 stacks. Reduces armor of target by x% per stack.

Spellbow: range DPS spec using different types of enchanted arrows(kinda like stances) where each arrow type would add effects to its abilities. Weapon would be bows/crossbows+quiver offhand(quivers would be back in this case).

Powers:
    • Phase shot: Conjure an arrow out of phase with reality. Attacks and damages the target while ignoring most defences. If an arcane ammo type is activated create an AoE damage field around the target doing damage based on the type of ammo selected
    • Thunderous shot: Conjure and shoot an arrow that generates an AoE damaging field around it in flight damaging all on its way to the target. If it critical hits target is stunned.
    • Perfect Shot: For the next x secs all attacks to your target increase your movement for 2 secs
    • SpellShot: shoot an arrow with a spell imbued to it. If no Arcane ammo is selected Spellshot has no cast time

Mastery: Arcane Ammo : gives you access to Arcane ammo. Arcane ammo adds effects to certain abilities based on the ammo selected.

Mechanics:
    • Black Arrows: Arcane ammo type. Enchant your ammo with arcane based shadow magic. Spellshot applies a dot on the target the first time it hits. While the dot remains every time you damage the target you leech a bit of health from them. Phase shot creates an explosion of shadow and leaves a dot field.
    • Rimebound Arrows: Arcane ammo type. Enchant your ammo with ice enchanted arrows. Spellshot reduces movement when it hits. Phase shot creates a frost nova around the target it hits.
    • Arcane Barbs: Arrows are enchanted with arcane barbs. Spellshot still has no cast time and leaves a dot on the target. Phase shot creats an arcane pulse on hit.
    • Enchanted shot: This ability changes based on ammo equiped and cannot be used unlees you have ammo equipped.
      • Wailing Arrow: Shoot an arrow in an area that bursts out wails dealing shadow damage to all in the area
      • Frigid Bolt: Strike an enemy with this arrow to freeze them in place
      • Conjurer's Arrow: Fire an arrow at an enemy that conjures and arcane orb on hit that follows the target and damages them for x secs
    (NOTE: it would be cool if based on the ammo you have equipped the quiver could have an effect based on the ammo equipped)

Hope you like it. I know it basically looks like warrior mixed with mage, but i tried to make it as original(if not unique) as possible both aesthetic as well as gameplay wise.

EDIT: Also thought that the chronomancer spec could fit as well.

Chronomancer: Healer spec using the ability to alter time and manipulate fate to heal and protect allies. Shielding and preemptive healing(healing damage before it is actually done). Weapon would be wand+offhand or Staff or mace+offhand

Powers:
    • Rewind Time: Rewind time on a specific target removing all debuffs and healing them.
    • Tides of Time: Launch a wave of temporal energy that damages and stops enemies it passes through and heals allies.
    • Precognition: Give your allies the ability to see the future giving them the opportunity to block all next incoming attacks for x secs.
    • Delayed Reaction: Buff your allies creating a delay between the application of damage which is stored in time pocket.
    • Event Horizon: Create an AoE field that heals allies as well as damage enemies

Mastery: Flow of Time : Every time you negate damage to your allies you also heal them.

Mechanics:
    • Inversion: Invert the effects of causality on an ally. The next damaging ability heals them for the amount it would damage them
    • Mass Inversion: Invert the effects of causality on all allies in range.The next damaging ability heals them for 1/4 the amount it would damage them
    • Sieze the moment: Every time you damage a target you heal all allies affected with Inversion
    • Horomancy: The more time you invert the greater stacks of Horomancy you generate.
    • Break the Clock: Consume all Horomancy stacks to create huge AOE blast that heals allies and damages enemies. The closest 5 allies also get Inversion.
    Last edited by AthranThom; 2020-05-22 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    The thing is, is the party actually worse off? If the Paladin, DK, Monk or Druid drops and dies, then they are boned anyway. If the Tinker drops to 0, and ejects, maybe they aren't. If the mechanic at play is that at this point the Tinker can ping pong aggro around long enough for his mech to... re-mech, I dunno the wording for this... and then pop back into the fight, is that not a net positive for the group?
    The problem is, you can't balance it. Either the Mech lacks in terms of mitigation to make up that he has two lifebars which would make the class just not desirable or the class would be obnoxiously overpowered. So we end up with a Tank class that is either just too op and must have which forces Tanks who want to play competetively into playing a Tinker or it is plan bad and undesirable for competetive content. You have to consider that a class shouldn't designed after what some casuals think would be immsersive or good rp but what works best on higher mythic+ keys and in mythic content, because these modes decide how the community will view them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    I think that if Necros do happen, they come post-Shadowlands as well.
    I'm not nearly as confident as you, but it would make sense.

We go into the Shadowlands, meet all the covenants, play out the story, and in the process get a deeper understanding of the realm of death.
    With the helm broken, the dead do need to be held in check, so it would fall to those who study the dark arts of necromancy to control it.
    It could even be written in that those who used it before, such as KT, were corrupted by it for not fully understanding it, which is why they lost their souls and were twisted abominations and whatnot.
    The player would have agency over their necromancy from the training and understanding they gain in Shadowlands that solidifies their mind with increased fortitude and resilience against the corruption or whatever.
    I agree with this idea. Technically the undead are now rampant. I could be wrong, but I think Blizzard mentioned that the pre-SL event will be another undead invasion, since the LK no longer holds the undead on a leash, so to speak.

Though, part of my hopes we get Tinkers instead.
    Not that I particularly care for them; they would be a throw-away alt at best, unless they are super fun to play.
    No, I would like to see them just to see the rage that would follow by those so adamant against their concept.
    That would be quality entertainment.
    For the sake of clarity, I just wanted to say I'm not "against their implementation". I do think there is a lot of thematic overlap with the engineering profession, but against the class being implemented? I'm not against it. I've mellowed out toward it.

What I am against, though, is certain peoples' ideas of how the class "has to be".
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    For the sake of clarity, I just wanted to say I'm not "against their implementation". I do think there is a lot of thematic overlap with the engineering profession, but against the class being implemented? I'm not against it. I've mellowed out toward it.

What I am against, though, is certain peoples' ideas of how the class "has to be".
    You mean an overpowered mess designed to pander into a lfr heroes power fantasies?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by konialis View Post
    <snip>
    It looks... pretty good, actually. I really like the ideas. Just some things that I think should be changed, mostly for balance issues.

• Force enchantment: Enchant your weapons and armor for x secs with Force. Your weapon auto attacks deal y% extra damage and every time you get hit you reflect 50% of the damage back to the attacker(s).
    Sounds... incredibly over-powered, as it is. I think it should be either one or the other (armor or weapon), and even then, the bonuses are way too high. For comparison, the paladin's Retribution aura only returns 1.2% the paladin's attack power in damage to the attacker if they're melee. That goes for all the specs, too.

Also, I think it should also be a fixed amount of damage reflected... otherwise can you imagine the damage boost it'd give to Battle-Mage tanks, reflecting the boss' damage?

• Frost-Fire bolt: One of the only hard casts of the class. Fire a blast of frost-fire on the target that consume any and all marks for extra damage.
    • Frost-Fire Sweep: Sweep all targets in front of you with a frostfire enchanted Weapon dealing damage and consuming all marks for extra damage

• Frost-Fire Enchantment(Active): Enchant your weapons with a frost-fire enchantment allowing the application of both marks at the same time.Lasts x secs.
    • Mark of Fire: Debuff placed on target with a max of 10 stacks. Reduces all damage of target by x% per stack.
    • Mark of Frost: Debuff placed on target with a max of 10 stacks. Reduces armor of target by x% per stack.
    I know your class idea is called "Battle-Mage", but perhaps it would be a good idea to stray from the "arcane-fire-frost" trio of magic types used by the mage? I think your concept would work just as well using just the Arcane, really.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2020-05-22 at 04:29 PM.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

It looks... pretty good, actually. I really like the ideas. Just some things that I think should be changed, mostly for balance issues.

Sounds... incredibly over-powered, as it is. I think it should be either one or the other (armor or weapon), and even then, the bonuses are way too high. For comparison, the paladin's Retribution aura only returns 1.2% the paladin's attack power in damage to the attacker if they're melee. That goes for all the specs, too.

I know your class idea is called "Battle-Mage", but perhaps it would be a good idea to stray from the "arcane-fire-frost" trio of magic types used by the mage? I think your concept would work just as well using just the Arcane, really.
    For the Force enchantment i should have probably mentioned that it would be only for a set amount of seconds as an oh shit button kinda. Most probably for up to 5 seconds if not lower.

As for the mage aesthetics, i was originally planning on giving them different kinds of magic than arcane-fire-frost. That is why i gave the Spellbreaker "Force"(read as kinetic) magic and the spell bow i gave ammo with shadow-ice-arcane magic.

The spellblade i made into a frost-fire magic spec because the most recent spellblade "lore" character was spellblade Aluriel from Nighthold. That plus the frost-fire skin of Ebonchill looked awesome to me.
    Plus i really miss frost-fire bolt

EDIT: Spellcheck
    Last edited by AthranThom; 2020-05-22 at 04:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the Force enchantment i should have probably mentioned that it would be only for a set amount of seconds as an oh shit button kinda. Most probably for up to 5 seconds if not lower.
    I can see that now, but I still think it should either be either weapons or armor. Either an offensive cooldown, or a defensive one. I mean, if it was both, I can clearly see the tank being """forced""" to either use that CD right off the bat with Heroism/Bloodlust, or save it for when it's time to use with Hero/Lust, instead of using it for defensive purposes.

As for the mage aesthetics, i was originally planning on giving them different kinds of magic than arcane-fire-frost. That is why i gave the Spellbreaker "Force"()read as kinetic) magic and the spell bow i gave ammo with shadow-ice-arcane magic.

The spellblade i made into a frost-fire magic spec because the most recent spellblade "lore" character was spellblade Aluriel from Nighthold. That plus the frostfire skin of Ebonchill looked awsome to me.
    Plus i really mis frostfire bolt
    I miss FF bolt, too. And I do recall Aluriel as well, but the issue that it poses is that the specs in the game focus on a single spell type (holy, fire, arcane, nature, etc) with a few spells on the side from other types. I don't think a class focused on two types (fire and frost) wouldn't be overpowered as interrupting them would only cancel out half of their abilities at best, instead of most of their abilities like it is for other magic users.

Unless I'm misreading the concept?

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account

There's lots of cross-over, but that cross-over could also be enhanced.
    Like, engi's can have the bandage gun, but Tinkers' heal gun does more than just a pinch of HP on a long cooldown or whatever.
    There's lots of flavor that could be built in, either taking existing concepts and expanding or outright building new ones.
    As long as it's fun, I'm all for it, and if it's not fun to me, I'll just not play it.
    I just find it funny when people get so worked up over it, in either direction. /shrug

EDIT: To clarify my stance, I am all for people having opinions and being passionate about them.
    What is funny to me is the people who devolve into name-calling and hate-mongering simply because someone else disagrees with them.
    What could be a reasonable discussion about a topic turns into monkeys flinging shit at each other.
    The former, all fine and great, be passionate!
    The latter, guess I'll grab the popcorn.
    Last edited by Jujudrood; 2020-05-22 at 05:37 PM.

I can see that now, but I still think it should either be either weapons or armor. Either an offensive cooldown, or a defensive one. I mean, if it was both, I can clearly see the tank being """forced""" to either use that CD right off the bat with Heroism/Bloodlust, or save it for when it's time to use with Hero/Lust, instead of using it for defensive purposes.

I miss FF bolt, too. And I do recall Aluriel as well, but the issue that it poses is that the specs in the game focus on a single spell type (holy, fire, arcane, nature, etc) with a few spells on the side from other types. I don't think a class focused on two types (fire and frost) wouldn't be overpowered as interrupting them would only cancel out half of their abilities at best, instead of most of their abilities like it is for other magic users.

Unless I'm misreading the concept?
    For Spellblade the consumption of the marks would do damage based on the type of mark is applied at the enemy as bonus damage. The mark ability itself would be a buff that makes every ability you use leave the mark on the target. In that case for the purposes of interrupts, the school of magic of the abilities themselves would determine if the ability can be used after being interrupted

For example, Path of Blades would leave marks on all targets hit. The type of mark would be based on which mark is activated at that point. However the ability itself would not be fire or frost magic in nature. It would most likely be arcane.
    Same would be for most Spellblade abilities. The school they belong too could most definitely be only of the arcane or whatever else that would make it balanced.
    And i suppose there could be some abilities that apply only specific marks on the target regardless of the mark activated at the time(i.e frost strike, flame sweep etc). They would be outliers however.

Even then however the only way to interrupt the spellblade would be interrupting the frost-fire bolt ability since in my concept it would be the only hard cast spell the spec would have. In that case i suppose interrupting it could cancel out both fire as well as frost magic abilities from being cast.

Edit

In any case i suppose you can tell i didn't think much about balance when thinking those up. That is also why i use x and y when expressing the amount of time and strength of the effect in most abilities. That is because depending on the time any class is introduced the balance itself will have more than likely shifted. For example what is considered "balanced" in BfA now is certainly not balanced in the Shadowlands Alpha for example. It is fun to talk about however and i just didn't want to take away from the presentation of the specs themselves.

Bring in the feedback, i like it
    Last edited by AthranThom; 2020-05-22 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    The problem is, you can't balance it. Either the Mech lacks in terms of mitigation to make up that he has two lifebars which would make the class just not desirable or the class would be obnoxiously overpowered. So we end up with a Tank class that is either just too op and must have which forces Tanks who want to play competetively into playing a Tinker or it is plan bad and undesirable for competetive content. You have to consider that a class shouldn't designed after what some casuals think would be immsersive or good rp but what works best on higher mythic+ keys and in mythic content, because these modes decide how the community will view them.
    I mean, I agree. From a pure balance perspective it would be incredibly, incredibly difficult to balance, to the point of it just not being worth the effort.

On a more intellectual exercise level, I'm wondering how closed to balanced it could be brought. The idea of just having multiple life bars is obviously a no go, but is there a way to work the concept into something that is feasible?

10+ Year Old Account
    For Spellblade the consumption of the marks would do damage based on the type of mark is applied at the enemy as bonus damage. The mark ability itself would be a buff that makes every ability you use leave the mark on the target. In that case for the purposes of interrupts, the school of magic of the abilities themselves would determine if the ability can be used after being interrupted

For example, Path of Blades would leave marks on all targets hit. The type of mark would be based on which mark is activated at that point. However the ability itself would not be fire or frost magic in nature. It would most likely be arcane.
    Same would be for most Spellblade abilities. The school they belong too could most definitely be only of the arcane or whatever else that would make it balanced.
    And i suppose there could be some abilities that apply only specific marks on the target regardless of the mark activated at the time(i.e frost strike, flame sweep etc). They would be outliers however.

Even then however the only way to interrupt the spellblade would be interrupting the frost-fire bolt ability since in my concept it would be the only hard cast spell the spec would have. In that case i suppose interrupting it could cancel out both fire as well as frost magic abilities from being cast.

Edit

In any case i suppose you can tell i didn't think much about balance when thinking those up. That is also why i use x and y when expressing the amount of time and strength of the effect in most abilities. That is because depending on the time any class is introduced the balance itself will have more than likely shifted. For example what is considered "balanced" in BfA now is certainly not balanced in the Shadowlands Alpha for example. It is fun to talk about however and i just didn't want to take away from the presentation of the specs themselves.

Bring in the feedback, i like it
    I can see the marks working in that way, being "fire" or "frost", but all the abilities on the class being 'arcane'.

How would the marks work, exactly? Would they convert the damage from the Battle-Mage's arcane abilities into fire or frost, or would the marks cause additional fire or frost damage, on top of the class' arcane damage abilities?

It could be either way. However i personally think they would inflict fire or frost damage based on the consumption of the mark debuff itself.

i.e the spellblade activates mark of fire. they then attack a target using ability xyz with each ability applying a stack of mark of fire on target. Then the spellblade activates mark of frost. The first ability that hits the target that is already affected with mark of fire, applies mark of frost that causes the marks of fire to "blow up" and cause fire damage based on the stacks.

The only difference i think would be cool is if you are using Frost-Fire Bolt and/or Frost-Fire sweep where the mark damage would synergise in some way with the marks applied on the target to either cause even more damage or an additional effect eiter on the target or the spellblade itself.

Some of the standard abilities could be:

Arcane strike: Standard attacks. Strike the target with an arcane infused weapon.

Carve rune: Use your weapon to carve a rune on the ground that blasts arcane+frost/fire damage based on the mark activated.

Dispelling Slash: Strike the target and dispel a beneficial effect from them

Veiled Thrust: Illusionary stab that cant be blocked. Mostly arcane but could also be physical

Jolting strike: Soft stun. Infuse your weapon with electric(nature) magic to jolt the target

Arcane Lance: Long range damage spell. Throw a Lance of pure arcane energy at the enemy from your weapon.
    Last edited by AthranThom; 2020-05-22 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I mean, I agree. From a pure balance perspective it would be incredibly, incredibly difficult to balance, to the point of it just not being worth the effort.

On a more intellectual exercise level, I'm wondering how closed to balanced it could be brought. The idea of just having multiple life bars is obviously a no go, but is there a way to work the concept into something that is feasible?
    Personally, I don't think so. The whole idea of your Mech being a seperate entity and you being able to jump out of it is just plain weird and sounds like something people would use to troll the shit out of others. Like jumping out of the mech after placing it right into a quest npc. It is a wacky RP Idea which would do more harm than good, just because a certain person can just use his damn imagination while rping. It just adds nothing and it creats too much of a mess. I mean, the interface alone, if the Mech which is your main combat form is a vehicle, it will just make everything messy, including for healers.