Weak AURA custom trigger Target of Target

Looked everywhere, for something so simple it sure is hard to find ..

looking for a trigger to only activate if my target has a target !!

Ty all you Weak Aura pros ,, ps : need something i can simply copy paste because i suck !! heh

Quote Originally Posted by JJ22 View Post
    Looked everywhere, for something so simple it sure is hard to find ..

looking for a trigger to only activate if my target has a target !!

Ty all you Weak Aura pros ,, ps : need something i can simply copy paste because i suck !! heh
    So, this can actually be done quit simple.

Trigger: Status - Health - SpecificUnit - "targettarget"
    Health(%) - <= 100

Code:
    dGcncaGArq7seA2cUjePBlKDsI2RA3KA)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)b0RebssIy)a
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

[QUOTE=Quibble;46505976]So, this can actually be done quit simple.

Trigger: Status - Health - SpecificUnit - "targettarget"

^^ this ^^ Im silly was trying to do custom trigger because it said only enter name in exemple of specific unit !! lol : targettarget worked just fine

Ty so much

- - - Updated - - -

was doing
    Event Type: Status
    Check On...: Event(s)
    Event(s):TARGET

Custom trigger:
    function()
    return Unit("targettarget")
    end

Custom Untrigger:
    function()return false end

and wasnt working, but like i said i suck at this i spent 2 hours looking at diff custom triggers/code some people had on the net !!
    Last edited by JJ22; 2017-07-14 at 03:15 AM.

^^this ^^ Trigger: Status - Health - SpecificUnit - "targettarget"

thought could only enter a name giving the exemple

was trying to do all this complicated custom trigger when it was so simple

Event Type: Status
    Check On...: Event(s)
    Event(s):TARGET

Custom Trigger:
    function()
    return Unit("target","target")
    end

Custom Untrigger:
    function()return false end

was not working, after just looking up random code/triggers i found on the net ...

If you want it done via custom code you use UnitIsUnit("targetarget", "player") that will compare those UID and check if they are the same

Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    If you want it done via custom code you use UnitIsUnit("targetarget", "player") that will compare those UID and check if they are the same
    I've been googling about this for at least 4 hours and haven't figured this out yet.

I'm looking for a Weak Aura with a custom icon when a target is targeting me. It seems so simple, but I cannot find out how to do this. What you've mentioned seems exactly what I want, but I cannot figure out how to put in custom code. Can you help me out here?

Quote Originally Posted by Manturion View Post
    I've been googling about this for at least 4 hours and haven't figured this out yet.

I'm looking for a Weak Aura with a custom icon when a target is targeting me. It seems so simple, but I cannot find out how to do this. What you've mentioned seems exactly what I want, but I cannot figure out how to put in custom code. Can you help me out here?

trigger - custom - event - PLAYER_TARGET_CHANGED UNIT_TARGET
    Code:
    function()
        return UnitExists("target") and UnitIsUnit("player", "targettarget")
    end
    not sure if UNIT_TARGET would catch targettarget change all the time, if so you could switch to every frame, but better not to

OR

do it with default trigger:
    status - Unit Characteristics - Player - Unit is Unit: Specific Unit - targettarget
    https://i.imgur.com/1xnR17u.png

Quote Originally Posted by Translit View Post
    Code:
    function()
        return UnitExists("target") and UnitIsUnit("player", "targettarget")
    end
    not sure if UNIT_TARGET would catch targettarget change all the time, if so you could switch to every frame, but better not to

OR

do it with default trigger:
    status - Unit Characteristics - Player - Unit is Unit: Specific Unit - targettarget
    Where do I put the Code. Sorry. Trying to learn and couldn't figure that part out.

just use default trigger as on screenshot
    Worked perfect! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Sorry for the confusion!

Thank you so much for this. Had been looking as well.

just use default trigger as on screenshot
    I am a tank and I want something similar to this. I want the aura to tell me when the target of target is anyone **except** me ("player"). This aura above works, it's telling me when my target of target is me. But I want it to tell me when my target of target is anyone but me!

switch to custom activation trigger logic and do
    Code:
    function(t)
        return not t[1]
    end

can you please please tell me how to write it?

Hello Translit,

Thank you so much for your reply!!! Can you please tell me how to write the custom code so that my target of target is anyone but me.

I did the following and it works for me to see when it's a specific player,
    Type - Status - Unit Characteristics - Specific Unit - Specific Unit - playertargettarget - UnitIsUnit - Specific Unit - party1

I would like party1 to be "not player" or something like that.

switch to custom activation trigger logic and do
    Code:
    function(t)
        return not t[1]
    end
    - - - Updated - - -

I was able to get it to work with:

and

function()
    return UnitExists("target") and not UnitIsUnit("player", "targettarget")
    end

NOW HOW DO I CHECK IF THE TARGET IS ALIVE? i don't want it to show if the target is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by juggarrnaut View Post
    Hello Translit,

Thank you so much for your reply!!! Can you please tell me how to write the custom code so that my target of target is anyone but me.

I did the following and it works for me to see when it's a specific player,
    Type - Status - Unit Characteristics - Specific Unit - Specific Unit - playertargettarget - UnitIsUnit - Specific Unit - party1

I would like party1 to be "not player" or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by juggarrnaut View Post
    NOW HOW DO I CHECK IF THE TARGET IS ALIVE? i don't want it to show if the target is dead.

UnitIsDeadOrGhost