Poll: Which class are you most hoping to see in WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

I think the best way to go would be to make them exclusive to one-another. You can only use one or the other, and put differences on them. Like making one more utilitarian, the other more straight-damage, etc.
    I suppose that would be good yeah. As they are now they are pretty similar.

Mark of Forst: Allows certain abilities to apply Mark of Frost on their targets reducing their movement Speed by x% and damaging them slightly. When Marks reach maximum stack, they freeze the target for 1 second

Mark of Fire: Allows certain abilities to apply Mark of Fire on their targets damaging them. When Marks reach maximum stacks they pulse with fire energy and damage enemies in range.

Talent:

Advanced Marks(Passive): When Marks detonate they leave a field behind. Pool of frost is left behind when marks of frost are detonated, it slows all inside. Burning Earth is left behind when marks of fire are detonated, all inside are damaged.

Something like this?

P.S. I read your Bard thing. Pretty neat

Quote Originally Posted by konialis View Post
    I suppose that would be good yeah. As they are now they are pretty similar.

Mark of Forst: Allows certain abilities to apply Mark of Frost on their targets reducing their movement Speed by x% and damaging them slightly. When Marks reach maximum stack, they freeze the target for 1 second

Mark of Fire: Allows certain abilities to apply Mark of Fire on their targets damaging them. When Marks reach maximum stacks they pulse with fire energy and damage enemies in range.

Talent:

Advanced Marks(Passive): When Marks detonate they leave a field behind. Pool of frost is left behind when marks of frost are detonated, it slows all inside. Burning Earth is left behind when marks of fire are detonated, all inside are damaged.

Something like this?
    I have an idea for the Marks. Make them work sort of like the "Echoing Void" corruption: attacks on the target builds up stacks, and then you can cast the Mark ability again to cause the mark to start AE pulsing, consuming one stack per pulse, until it reaches zero stacks. Mark of Fire would cause damage around the target, while Mark of Frost could pulse an AE slow, for example.

P.S. I read your Bard thing. Pretty neat
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post

I personally enjoy the total reworks. I don't care if it upsets 0.05% of the players who claim to be emotionally attached to an Avatar in a game - we really shouldn't be making decisions based on unstable people.

I enjoy learning the new specs - SV, demo, new classes - I really enjoy it. Sure, sometimes it doesn't work out, but imo, change is good.
    Wauw first time I ever see a person who agrees with reworking classes every expansion.. kinda odd tbh XD

I tried giving ideas for reworking ferals, but the community is toxic as banjingles. They want feral to be fun but dont want the rework, their fun is based on easy high dps, like more % dmg of this ability. Because of this sometimes I just think: Well I hope you keep doing low dps as a feral cuz I dont have that problem (even though its cumbersome).

Quote Originally Posted by Talrath View Post
    Wauw first time I ever see a person who agrees with reworking classes every expansion.. kinda odd tbh XD

I tried giving ideas for reworking ferals, but the community is toxic as banjingles. They want feral to be fun but dont want the rework, their fun is based on easy high dps, like more % dmg of this ability. Because of this sometimes I just think: Well I hope you keep doing low dps as a feral cuz I dont have that problem (even though its cumbersome).
    To be fair, I didn't say they should rework every spec every expansion. I said I enjoy new things to learn and a new class isn't needed for that - the reworks generally add enough to make it feel like an entirely new spec and that's enough for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by konialis View Post
    I have made some posts in favor of the Tinker before but i actually voted other.

What i had in mind was a Battle mage class. It would most likely have these 3 specs.

Spellbreaker: Tank spec focusing on generating magical shields. Little to no self healing. Weapon would be shield+one-hand(sword, mace, or glaive)

Powers:
    • Enchanted Gear - [Class Buff] - passive : Enchant the weapons and Armor of your Party and raid members within 40 yards. Their weapon attacks do extra 5% frost-fire damage. Their Armor gains the chance to reflect 5% of any magical damage back to the caster.
    • Blink-Strike: Teleport to target and strike.
    • Force Pulse(AOE 20yards): create an inward pulse around yourself that hits all enemies around it. pull up to 3-5 enemies towards you.
    • Arcane Shield: Create a personal shield around you equal to x% of your health.
    • Arcane Dome: Create an area wide shield around you. Cannot move while inside. Enemies cant enter and those inside cant leave. Gain 70% damage reduction to all inside. Lasts x secs.

Mastery: Shield Proficiency : Gives you access to Force resource. You generate Force every time your are struck. While Arcane shield or Arcane dome is active as well as critical hits taken generate more Force.

Mechanics:
    • Force enchantment: Enchant your weapons and armor for x secs with Force. Your weapon auto attacks deal y% extra damage and every time you get hit you reflect 50% of the damage back to the attacker(s).
    • Shield Layer: Restore your shield for the full amount while adding another layer on it, half as powerfull as the previous.
    • Force strike: strike with your wepon for half your attack power. The other half gets absorbed and turned into Force.

Spellblade; melee DPS spec using debuffs to make their damaging abilities hit harder. Focus on constant medium damage abilities with some debuff based defensive utility. Weapon would be either onehand(sword, mace, glaive)+offhand or 2handed(sword,polearm)

Powers:
    • Enchanted Gear - [Class Buff] - passive : Enchant the weapons and Armor of your Party and raid members within 40 yards. Their weapon attacks do extra 5% frost-fire damage. Their Armor gains the chance to reflect 5% of any magical damage back to the caster.
    • Blink-Strike: Teleport to target and strike.
    • Path of blades(AOE frontal cone): Conjure blades in an AoE in front of you that hit all target.
    • Frost-Fire bolt: One of the only hard casts of the class. Fire a blast of frost-fire on the target that consume any and all marks for extra damage.
    • Frost-Fire Sweep: Sweep all targets in front of you with a frostfire enchanted Weapon dealing damage and consuming all marks for extra damage

Mastery: Magical Marks : gives you access to mark of fire and mark of frost skills. When either of those is activated gives your skills the ability to place the appropriate marks on targets.

Mechanics:
    • Marks: When you have Mark of fire or frost activated certain abilities give marks to your target. When your target already has a mark and you hit it with another, they take damage depending on how many stacks of that mark the target had.
    • Frost-Fire Enchantment(Active): Enchant your weapons with a frost-fire enchantment allowing the application of both marks at the same time.Lasts x secs.
    • Mark of Fire: Debuff placed on target with a max of 10 stacks. Reduces all damage of target by x% per stack.
    • Mark of Frost: Debuff placed on target with a max of 10 stacks. Reduces armor of target by x% per stack.

Spellbow: range DPS spec using different types of enchanted arrows(kinda like stances) where each arrow type would add effects to its abilities. Weapon would be bows/crossbows+quiver offhand(quivers would be back in this case).

Powers:
    • Phase shot: Conjure an arrow out of phase with reality. Attacks and damages the target while ignoring most defences. If an arcane ammo type is activated create an AoE damage field around the target doing damage based on the type of ammo selected
    • Thunderous shot: Conjure and shoot an arrow that generates an AoE damaging field around it in flight damaging all on its way to the target. If it critical hits target is stunned.
    • Perfect Shot: For the next x secs all attacks to your target increase your movement for 2 secs
    • SpellShot: shoot an arrow with a spell imbued to it. If no Arcane ammo is selected Spellshot has no cast time

Mastery: Arcane Ammo : gives you access to Arcane ammo. Arcane ammo adds effects to certain abilities based on the ammo selected.

Mechanics:
    • Black Arrows: Arcane ammo type. Enchant your ammo with arcane based shadow magic. Spellshot applies a dot on the target the first time it hits. While the dot remains every time you damage the target you leech a bit of health from them. Phase shot creates an explosion of shadow and leaves a dot field.
    • Rimebound Arrows: Arcane ammo type. Enchant your ammo with ice enchanted arrows. Spellshot reduces movement when it hits. Phase shot creates a frost nova around the target it hits.
    • Arcane Barbs: Arrows are enchanted with arcane barbs. Spellshot still has no cast time and leaves a dot on the target. Phase shot creats an arcane pulse on hit.
    • Enchanted shot: This ability changes based on ammo equiped and cannot be used unlees you have ammo equipped.
      • Wailing Arrow: Shoot an arrow in an area that bursts out wails dealing shadow damage to all in the area
      • Frigid Bolt: Strike an enemy with this arrow to freeze them in place
      • Conjurer's Arrow: Fire an arrow at an enemy that conjures and arcane orb on hit that follows the target and damages them for x secs
    (NOTE: it would be cool if based on the ammo you have equipped the quiver could have an effect based on the ammo equipped)

Hope you like it. I know it basically looks like warrior mixed with mage, but i tried to make it as original(if not unique) as possible both aesthetic as well as gameplay wise.

EDIT: Also thought that the chronomancer spec could fit as well.

Chronomancer: Healer spec using the ability to alter time and manipulate fate to heal and protect allies. Shielding and preemptive healing(healing damage before it is actually done). Weapon would be wand+offhand or Staff or mace+offhand

Powers:
    • Rewind Time: Rewind time on a specific target removing all debuffs and healing them.
    • Tides of Time: Launch a wave of temporal energy that damages and stops enemies it passes through and heals allies.
    • Precognition: Give your allies the ability to see the future giving them the opportunity to block all next incoming attacks for x secs.
    • Delayed Reaction: Buff your allies creating a delay between the application of damage which is stored in time pocket.
    • Event Horizon: Create an AoE field that heals allies as well as damage enemies

Mastery: Flow of Time : Every time you negate damage to your allies you also heal them.

Mechanics:
    • Inversion: Invert the effects of causality on an ally. The next damaging ability heals them for the amount it would damage them
    • Mass Inversion: Invert the effects of causality on all allies in range.The next damaging ability heals them for 1/4 the amount it would damage them
    • Sieze the moment: Every time you damage a target you heal all allies affected with Inversion
    • Horomancy: The more time you invert the greater stacks of Horomancy you generate.
    • Break the Clock: Consume all Horomancy stacks to create huge AOE blast that heals allies and damages enemies. The closest 5 allies also get Inversion.

While this is an interesting concept, the specs really don't mesh well together. Also it borrows a lot from Shaman and mages, and can in fact be considered a mash up of the two.

Here's my Spellbreaker concept from some years ago. Tell me what you think of it;

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...concept-(long)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Ultimately I think we have two things at play here though:

1) The mechanic of the Tinker and the Mech: Is it a Form, Is it a Vehicle, or is it something new that Blizzard would have to design and implement that straddes the line between the two? If it's a Form, then the Pilot is never really outside of the mech, the pilot is just shifting between the two like a Druid would. This would be the easiest thing to implement by far. If it's a vehicle, it creates some issues, especially if it's a "permanent" thing. The most basic thing is that you could have an army of the things littered around Stormwind, for example, causing massive clutter. If it's a cooldown or something that requires resources to "build", it could be mitigated to a degree. If this is a brand new mechanic that Blizzard needs to make, I think that's just plain unlikely.

2) How to handle the idea of a "pilot ejecting from the mech as an emergency thing" is tricky as I feel the criteria at play are mutually exclusive. It's a mechanic that works best if the form is not permanent, but one of the criteria for it (well, per Teriz) is that it be a permanent form. Trying to brainstorm ways to balance this is interesting, but could be futile as I'm not sure it would be worth the effort (by Blizzard I mean).
    There's a third thing at play;

3) Don't make it a tanking mechanic. Just make it like a class ability and if the Tinker uses it in a tanking situation they're pretty much dead. Kind of like a Druid accidentally coming out of Bear form.

Eject! can just be an ability where the Tinker ejects 20 feet away from their mech and it explodes, dealing AoE damage, and the Tinker has to wait 20 or so seconds before they can call down another mech. You don't want to do that in a tanking situation because it can doom your group. You might want to do it in a leveling situation if you're overwhelmed because it can allow you to escape.

Example:
    Eject!: Eject 20 feet from your mech. Once activated, your mech taunts all nearby enemies. Cannot use activate mech for 15 seconds.
    Escape Pod: (Talent) When you use Eject or Self Destruct, you're instantly healed for 15% of your maximum health.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2020-05-24 at 02:21 AM.

will have a new class in shadowlands?
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

i want the new Tinker class!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    While this is an interesting concept, the specs really don't mesh well together. Also it borrows a lot from Shaman and mages, and can in fact be considered a mash up of the two.

Here's my Spellbreaker concept from some years ago. Tell me what you think of it;

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...concept-(long)

- - - Updated - - -
    That is mainly because the class i suggested is supposed to be a Battle-mage class, not a Spellbreaker.

A Spellbreaker class would look a lot more like the one you suggested in the link of course.(The Phoenix and Faerie thing is a bit iffy to me personally but it works with the rest of the concept quite well)

The thing is that a Spellbreaker is an already established tradition belonging to the Elves.

The Battle-mage i suggested would fit with pretty much any Mage that decided to learn how to fight with weapons because they find themselves on the front line so much or a Warrior facing so many magical threats and enemies studying up on the arcane to better combat them. With all the wars fought the last few decades there would be more and more of those kinds of Mages and Warriors popping up that would lead to a standardization of the training let's say.

This would be the lore behind it. The only reason i used the name Spellbreaker for the Tank Spec is because i could not think of a different name that sounded cool enough.

It does borrow a lot from mage aesthetically but that is mostly because Mage is the only other class that deals with the arcane. Think of the class i suggested being the arcane equivelant of the Paladin/

If Warrior+Priest=Paladin then Warrior+Mage= Battle=mage.

As for the shaman i will admit there might be some connections mostly in the Spellblade spec especially with the way Shaman is designed in BfA, but with the increasing imporatance of Totems in SL i think they could be quite different in the end.

3+ Year Old Account
    The tinker class would be sick!

Used to have spellbreakers. Except they were call deathknights. At least that's how they were originally.

We don't need new classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Used to have spellbreakers. Except they were call deathknights. At least that's how they were originally.
    Death Knights still have a lot of anti-magic abilities, which does make a spell breaker concept rather redundant.

I'd say Dark Rangers are the most likely new class due to the simple reason that with the exception of the Lich who represents Necromancers, it is the only class left that has a WC3 hero people actually know. I mean, a majority of people, not some roleplayers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    I'd say Dark Rangers are the most likely new class due to the simple reason that with the exception of the Lich who represents Necromancers, it is the only class left that has a WC3 hero people actually know. I mean, a majority of people, not some roleplayers.
    Okay, what can the Dark Ranger offer that the Hunter class can't offer?

Keep in mind, 99.9% of Dark Rangers don't have banshee abilities.

I knew it was too good to last.

Okay, what can the Dark Ranger offer that the Hunter class can't offer?

Keep in mind, 99.9% of Dark Rangers don't have banshee abilities.
    How do you know? Before Wotlk, DKs had no blood or frost abilities and mostly used warrior and warlock abilities. They can always give a Dark Ranger class Sylvanas iconic Banshee abilities. And yeah, it basically offers rather similar things, due to the reason that the purpose of a Dark Ranger class would be to give players an alternative for a mail-wearing ranged class who utilizes ranged weapons. I mean, your question leaves me speechless. You could also ask Paladins and DKs offers what both Warriors and Priest don't already offer as either a heal or a plate wearing class wo can either tank or melee dps. I mean according to that logic we could just have one healer, one caster, one melee, one ranged and one tank. But then again, this is not a honest question in good faith. It is a question trying to get a gotcha.

But yeah, it has lots of potential. A caster, ranged physical dps spec, a minion based ranged spec, or just a plain magic heavy physical ranged. Basically the same as a Tinker, who also really doesn't offers any unique what a Druid doesn't already offers. With the exception that Dark Rangers are based on a popular and iconic character of the World of Warcraft Franchise and could be playable for the most popular races in the game.

Tinkers on the other hand have no basis on any popular and well-known character of the franchise, especially not from WC3, they are based on the least popular and most hated races on the game and due to entitlement issues running rampant on this forum, the only version of Tinker that can be discussed here is one that is restricted to the least popular and hated races in the game.

I mean, lets be honest: Nobody but total nerds know who Gazlowe is. Gallywix was nothing but a funny little gimmick character and nobody knew what the hell a Mekkatorque was before he became a random mid-raid encounter during one raid. I mean, most people I know really thought that he is some new random Gnome NPC due to really coming out of nowhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you know? Before Wotlk, DKs had no blood or frost abilities and mostly used warrior and warlock abilities.
    They came from the Undead faction in WC3. Look at the heroes of that faction (Dreadlord, Lich, DK), and its pretty easy to see where the specs for the DK came from.

They can always give a Dark Ranger class Sylvanas iconic Banshee abilities. And yeah, it basically offers rather similar things, due to the reason that the purpose of a Dark Ranger class would be to give players an alternative for a mail-wearing ranged class who utilizes ranged weapons. I mean, your question leaves me speechless. You could also ask Paladins and DKs offers what both Warriors and Priest don't already offer as either a heal or a plate wearing class wo can either tank or melee dps. I mean according to that logic we could just have one healer, one caster, one melee, one ranged and one tank. But then again, this is not a honest question in good faith. It is a question trying to get a gotcha.
    Hunter is a single class. Warriors and Priests would be two classes combined.

The WC3 Dark Ranger had Black Arrow (Hunter ability), Drain Life (Warlock ability), Silence (Priest ability), Charm (Control in multiple classes). Death Knights got Anti-Magic shell from Banshees, and Priests got possession from Banshees. There is Curse which gives a target an increased chance to miss, but you can't base a spec around that.

I'm afraid the HotS version of Sylvanas doesn't help much either.

Then there's the lore issue where Sylvanas doesn't create Dark Rangers with Banshee powers, because her origin is a crazy mess of circumstances that would be almost impossible to recreate unless it's a giant arsepull on Blizzard's part.

So what you're left with are the Dark Ranger of Nathanos Blightcaller's variety. Also Sylvanas is more than likely going to get flushed at the end of Shadowlands, so that puts a further nail in the coffin of a DR class ever appearing (thank goodness).

But yeah, it has lots of potential. A caster, ranged physical dps spec, a minion based ranged spec, or just a plain magic heavy physical ranged. Basically the same as a Tinker, who also really doesn't offers any unique what a Druid doesn't already offers. With the exception that Dark Rangers are based on a popular and iconic character of the World of Warcraft Franchise and could be playable for the most popular races in the game.

Tinkers on the other hand have no basis on any popular and well-known character of the franchise, especially not from WC3, they are based on the least popular and most hated races on the game and due to entitlement issues running rampant on this forum, the only version of Tinker that can be discussed here is one that is restricted to the least popular and hated races in the game.

I mean, lets be honest: Nobody but total nerds know who Gazlowe is. Gallywix was nothing but a funny little gimmick character and nobody knew what the hell a Mekkatorque was before he became a random mid-raid encounter during one raid. I mean, most people I know really thought that he is some new random Gnome NPC due to really coming out of nowhere.
    ::Looks at the poll::

Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    We don't need new classes.
    Another mail-wearer is long overdue.

They came from the Undead faction in WC3. Look at the heroes of that faction (Dreadlord, Lich, DK), and its pretty easy to see where the specs for the DK came from.
    But if I look at classic or Wc3 DKs I still don't see most of that stuff, so your argument is pointless.

Hunter is a single class. Warriors and Priests would be two classes combined.

The WC3 Dark Ranger had Black Arrow (Hunter ability), Drain Life (Warlock ability), Silence (Priest ability), Charm (Control in multiple classes). Death Knights got Anti-Magic shell from Banshees, and Priests got possession from Banshees. There is Curse which gives a target an increased chance to miss, but you can't base a spec around that.

I'm afraid the HotS version of Sylvanas doesn't help much either.

Then there's the lore issue where Sylvanas doesn't create Dark Rangers with Banshee powers, because her origin is a crazy mess of circumstances that would be almost impossible to recreate unless it's a giant arsepull on Blizzard's part.

So what you're left with are the Dark Ranger of Nathanos Blightcaller's variety. Also Sylvanas is more than likely going to get flushed at the end of Shadowlands, so that puts a further nail in the coffin of a DR class ever appearing (thank goodness).
    Wouldn't that also make the Tinker class impossible as there will never be a gnome and goblin themed expansion, so doesn't this also destroys your Tinker fantasies? I mean, it took them how long? 8 years to creat any new gnome content for gnomes after the battle for Gnomeragan mini-event and even then it was side-content with no relevancy to the actual plot of the expansion. But yeah, Dark Rangers being unable to use Sylvanas like abilities is your headcanons, just because as NPCs they use generic abilities. DKs also used generic abilities prior to wotlk, just as monks prior to mop. And the concept is more popular than tinkers, simply by virtue of Sylvanas being a more popular character than Gazlowe, Gallywix and Mekkatorque combined and the numbers proving that elves being by default more popular than gnomes and goblins.

::Looks at the poll::

Okay.
    People already explained to you that the polls are worthless, as many similar polls showed that there is a disproportional amount of gnome and goblin players involved, which is not representative of the larger world of warcraft community. When in polls up to 30% of participants answer that they play a Gnome or Goblin and a census which has a sample size in the hundred thousands says that gnomes and Goblins make up only 4% of the played characters combined, then your poll is simply not representative and therefore just worth nothing.

Again, if you are unable to understand the most simple numbers, numbers a child could understand, than its up to you and you should maybe stop acting smug towards your intellectual superiors.

10+ Year Old Account
    But if I look at classic or Wc3 DKs I still don't see most of that stuff, so your argument is pointless.
    Again, Blizzard combined the entire Undead faction into the DK class. I don't know why you feel the need to be obtuse about this.

Wouldn't that also make the Tinker class impossible as there will never be a gnome and goblin themed expansion, so doesn't this also destroys your Tinker fantasies?
    Nope. There's always the possibility of an Undermine expansion. Undermine was planned as a continent in WoW Alpha.

People already explained to you that the polls are worthless, as many similar polls showed that there is a disproportional amount of gnome and goblin players involved, which is not representative of the larger world of warcraft community. When in polls up to 30% of participants answer that they play a Gnome or Goblin and a census which has a sample size in the hundred thousands says that gnomes and Goblins make up only 4% of the played characters combined, then your poll is simply not representative and therefore just worth nothing.
    Polls appear to be only worthless to you when they don't work in your favor. I remember one such poll where you were going to "rub my face" with the results until they started trending out of your favor.