Thread: [TV] Westworld

Page 57 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think the HBO effect took over, the last few episodes have been all over the place. The season start was good, some interesting concepts and paralels here but the plot is needlessly complicated every time the characters don't talk and just keep going for reasons, Maeve and Dolores/Halores suffer a lot from this. Bernard and Caleb are just strung along the whole time. After that mid-season, William's arc seems wasted.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2020-05-06 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I knew serac was the AI! They kept showing him as a hologram which made me suspicious then they pretty much confirmed it episode 7 when we meet the other super computer talking and they said that the brother made it like himself (mental illness) and then we saw a hologram of serac welcoming the outliners to be put into iso Chambers he said "I wish I was there to meet you" talking in past tense. This season was awesome
    But the last episode showed the opposite, he wasn't an AI just being controlled by an AI. We even saw him get shot.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    Finale next week already? 8 episodes? Jeez... I don't know what to say about this. Kinda messy.
    Yea ..short season and still felt like half the episodes were filler and the plot would have moved along at a better pace without them... :/

Weaker season than the rest for sure IMO; however, I also agree:

...but this season seems like the first part of something greater.
    I'm really thinking so. The setup season to the "Finale" season where, I'm hoping, we'll find more forward movement, less confusing plot characters (helps if they look different lol), and actual conclusions and resolutions!

Cuz this season felt like a whole bunch of not much happening other than 'setting up why any of these new characters care.'

Feels like the same thing they did with Man In the High Castle; last season was hella slow/boring and draggggeeddd on - but we're hoping for payout on the story this season, which is the final one. lol. This Westworld season wasn't 'boring' but it was definitely less engaging than the other seasons.

Though I am a bit disappointed the story has ended up to the trope of 'AI to save humans from itself; oh look it won't' lesson instead of all the varying other places they could have explored with it. But really this season's plot could have been setup and done in three episodes. I thought I had read somewhere we were getting one more and then done, which is why I expected next season to be the 'grand wrapup'. At this point I'm really hoping they aren't shooting for five. There's not enough story left.
    Last edited by Koriani; 2020-05-06 at 05:34 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

I found this season to be entertaining, but less so than the previous two.

Gun fights are not something Westworld does very well, and this season had plenty of them.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I could be wrong but I don’t think he was being controlled. I believe he just accepted that the AI knew how to achieve the best outcome for humanity, so he did/said as it said... willingly.
    I mean I guess he could just be a human with a ear piece repeating lines fed to him. But what if serac was a host and the AI with schizophrenia thought he was real and that's why he was freaking out more about the AI going down than being killed

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean I guess he could just be a human with a ear piece repeating lines fed to him. But what if serac was a host and the AI with schizophrenia thought he was real and that's why he was freaking out more about the AI going down than being killed
    I think it's very similar to Rick and Morty episode about death crystals. AI whispered to him the things to say and do to avoid (in case of Morty to ensure) the fate Serac wanted to avoid based on AI predictions. He let AI control his actions for the greater good (in his subjective opinion) and could stop it anytime.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I think it's very similar to Rick and Morty episode about death crystals. AI whispered to him the things to say and do to avoid (in case of Morty to ensure) the fate Serac wanted to avoid based on AI predictions. He let AI control his actions for the greater good (in his subjective opinion) and could stop it anytime.
    Yeah the more I think about it it makes sense he was just a dude. I think I read too much into episode 7 where we saw a hologram of serac talking in past tense. Maybe he was just too busy or didn't want to face the people he was locking away. Plus the series covers timelines in interesting ways I thought Paris was an earlier time line so it made sense serac might be dead by this current time line. But yeah guess he was just a dude who liked using holograms

10+ Year Old Account
    This season is so weak for me, I miss when they are in westworld. Last season was lit they should have ended it there, not much happens here just feels like a bunch of boring filler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the more I think about it it makes sense he was just a dude. I think I read too much into episode 7 where we saw a hologram of serac talking in past tense. Maybe he was just too busy or didn't want to face the people he was locking away. Plus the series covers timelines in interesting ways I thought Paris was an earlier time line so it made sense serac might be dead by this current time line. But yeah guess he was just a dude who liked using holograms
    The hologram was a security measure, that's what I thought about it and that's how they have even shown it used as. At least once.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

The hologram was a security measure, that's what I thought about it and that's how they have even shown it used as. At least once.
    It was defiantly a security measure but they used it quite a lot. With maeve he used a controller though to disable her

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    This season is so weak for me, I miss when they are in westworld. Last season was lit they should have ended it there, not much happens here just feels like a bunch of boring filler.
    I like the turn of events. Yes S1 was great, S2 not so much but S3 was pretty decent and comparable to S1. They changed it and made it work with quality.
    -K

I overall liked this season, even though we may feel it led to nothing and a lot of scenes/characters' arc seem to aim at next season (particularly Hale and William) instead of aiming at the season finale.

I found the end of the finale to be quite poetic and heartwarming. Don't really know what to expect from Hale + Host William vs Bernard, if that's really Bernard who awakens (even though I think that'd be a bit stretched even for Westworld's standard if Dolores' personality was "uploaded" through this thing).

Thoroughly enjoyed it even though it felt like a very different show compared to the first season.

Enjoyed season three till the after credits in last episode..

15+ Year Old Account
    On E5 in S3 and I must admit this is the best season IMO. They released it just in time for Cyberpunk 2077 which should have been out by now, haha.
    I even enjoy watching Dolores. I hated her in the previous 2 seasons, so much that I skipped every her scene. But now she's one of the more fun characters on the show.

Same. Seems like they just ran out of creative juice but HBO wanted them to make more seasons. Oh, well. At least I had my fun with seasons 1 & 2.

How do you know that they still aren't in Westworld?!!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    How do you know that they still aren't in Westworld?!!?
    How do you know Westworld is a real thing?

If you're trying to be deep it's not working.

At this point, it really could be a matrix type situation with multiple layers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post

Damn. That would be one hell of a plot twist.
    I"m sure someone would post that the show jumped the shark again.