Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    It's literally as if you were answering something else...

'strong connection with the light using the Sunwell'

Can't be more clear than that.

And referring to the previous post, no Kairos, blue eyes don't make sense, accept it.
    So then it was pointless for you to even bring up the church of Light in the first place in your original post as it has no bearing on how Golden Eyes will appear on High Elves as the Sunwell is responsible for it and not praying in a church.

Thank you for proving my point. Have a lovely night.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwuzhere1224 View Post
    So then it was pointless for you to even bring up the church of Light in the first place in your original post as it has no bearing on how Golden Eyes will appear on High Elves as the Sunwell is responsible for it and not praying in a church.

Thank you for proving my point. Have a lovely night.
    You are literally acting like answering to someone else while you are on some kind of petty contest... That wasn't even my point at all...

Excuse me if I'm not taking this forcefully complicated thread this seriously like you anymore, I'm going back to enjoying the game, think that is not achieved by 'competing' on a damn forum as you are doing.

And it's morning in here btw.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i feel at this point people are grasping at straws, now to say "that is not technically blue1!1!!" trying to prove something
    Don't think anyone's trying to prove anything, just saying it like it is. I provided the color scheme for it as well.

If you or others would like to think it's blue or believe it's blue more power to y'all. Guess those players that genuinely wanted blue eye blood elves will be happy they get one option for it (without having to be a DK).

You are literally acting like answering to someone else while you are on some kind of petty contest... That wasn't even my point at all...

Excuse me if I'm not taking this forcefully complicated thread this seriously like you anymore, I'm going back to enjoying the game, think that is not achieved by 'competing' on a damn forum as you are doing.

And it's morning in here btw.
    There is no contest. You simply made a point for discussion and we discussed it. I mean that's what discussion threads are for, right?

And it's still night time here btw, so have a lovely night.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Don't think anyone's trying to prove anything, just saying it like it is. I provided the color scheme for it as well.

If you or others would like to think it's blue or believe it's blue more power to y'all. Guess those players that genuinely wanted blue eye blood elves will be happy they get one option for it (without having to be a DK).
    When I compared the eye color in question on the different genders, the female Blood Elf had it looking more green, where as the male Blood Elf had it looking more Blue.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    But the eye colour isn't the real point, it's the connection to the sunwell that matters. As all elves (with the likely exception of the void elves) are bound to the sunwell, they are all subject to the same physical changes the Sunwell provokes. We know this because the creation of the Sunwell is what stabilised their degradation from Night Elves and provided the blue eyes in the first place. Just as all elves connected to the well became high elves, so all elves connected to the well will change in the same way albeit at a different pace.
    Can you provide proof for this statement? As the most recent word on it is Danuser's Twitter statement provided by Aldo earlier, and this is what Danuser says when specifically asked, "Lore wise would the eyes of the blood elves have progressively changed over the last few years or would they have changed shortly after the sunwell was purified?"

Danuser: It's not that all blood elf eyes have changed from green to gold. It's that the potential for golden eyes is present, based in part on the individual's degree of devotion to the Light.

Another follow up question appears: "Lore wise, is it likely all blood elves will transition to golden eyes over time, or does it require a certain zealotry on the individual elves' parts?" Followed by another followed up, "To add to Jenna's question: would it be possible for a mage or a ranger to get golden eyes, even if they are not zealots since the Sunwell is partially made of Light?" to which Danuser gives an answer to the latter (but the latter is asking in addition to the former question)

Danuser: For players, we intentionally didn't restrict which classes can have golden eyes. Whatever story you want to make for your character's eye color, more power to you. For NPCs, we will be selective. Priests & paladins are more likely to have them, but others can if it makes sense.

Seeing as the former question asked if ALL Blood Elves will transition to gold over time and Danuser doesn't include that anywhere in his answer, means that either he did not answer that query or he's saying for them (ie the devs) - they will use Golden eyes on Priests/Paladins, but on other characters too if it makes sense.

Nowhere does he say that all Blood Elves will transition to Golden Eyes over time, and it thus neither means High Elves will as well "since they're the same race" according to you. Disregarding that the question focuses specifically on Blood Elves in the first place, just as you like to bring up how the possibility of High Elf customization from Afrasiabi applies to Void Elves specifically, it is strange to think an answer regarding specifically Blood Elves there, applies to High Elves.

Especially since, thanks to Aldo for bringing it to attention, Danuser does not even state it's a forgone conclusion all Blood Elves will transition to Golden Eyes because of the Sunwell in any shape or form with his comments.

As mutch as I want HE, Im not sure Blizzard would handle it well.

I know Pandaren are Pandaren, but seeing how they dont manage to even tell the story from ONE side after MOP; im affraid they HE on alliance would just be there.
    With som Verees showing up and going " I AM the lore!"

They need to mix it with the Void Elfs to expand it and move it into the future.
    Perhaps some of them, like in the pictures above, have managed to tune down the whispers and presence.
    Wanting to take on theyr old ways combined with the new.
    It would also boosts the Silver Covenants power

Or else it would just be "Vikings vs vikings who moved to scotland"

7+ Year Old Account
    When I compared the eye color in question on the different genders, the female Blood Elf had it looking more green, where as the male Blood Elf had it looking more Blue.
    Syegfred shared a male pic twice, one further that looks more blue, and one closer that shows it to be green. I mean that's the nature of the mix blue/green sea green in the first place. It can appear more blue at times and then more green at times.

Regardless, as I said if people are happy with that option and consider it their blue eyes then that's good for them.

5+ Year Old Account
    There is no contest. You simply made a point for discussion and we discussed it. I mean that's what discussion threads are for, right?
    No, you were answering to a parallel conversation to somebody that wasn't me, my point was never about golden eyes appearing because High elves did whatever in the church... If anything, it's the complete opposite, but then your strawman wouldn't work.

And it's still night time here btw, so have a lovely night.
    These are bad manners.

As I said, going back to enjoying the game, gotta do some pvp island expeditions.

Syegfred shared a male pic twice, one further that looks more blue, and one closer that shows it to be green. I mean that's the nature of the mix blue/green sea green in the first place. It can appear more blue at times and then more green at times.

Regardless, as I said if people are happy with that option and consider it their blue eyes then that's good for them.
    I brought that up cause I felt it was silly for people to be arguing whether it was green or blue when it's both. We don't need another Blue Dress/Gold Dress incident.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    As mutch as I want HE, Im not sure Blizzard would handle it well.

I know Pandaren are Pandaren, but seeing how they dont manage to even tell the story from ONE side after MOP; im affraid they HE on alliance would just be there.
    With som Verees showing up and going " I AM the lore!"

They need to mix it with the Void Elfs to expand it and move it into the future.
    Perhaps some of them, like in the pictures above, have managed to tune down the whispers and presence.
    Wanting to take on theyr old ways combined with the new.
    It would also boosts the Silver Covenants power

Or else it would just be "Vikings vs vikings who moved to scotland"
    Given that we see a High Elf mage trainer still alive and kickin and teaching new mage recruits in the revamped portal room in Stormwind, with one of her students being a Void Elf. Along with High Elf sorceresses walking with Void Elves around the Mage Quarter. It's clear they may be showing a relationship between High Elves and Void Elves.

Vereesa and Alleria have also gotten closer as a result as well, appearing more often with each other both in-game (Vindicaar in Legion, Three Sisters Comic, Bfa War Campaign finale) it appears they're mirroring the relationship of High Elves and Void Elves.

We'll have to see what more occurs going forward, though whatever business is happening on Azeroth will likely not be focused upon until after Shadowlands.

No, you were answering to a parallel conversation to somebody that wasn't me, my point was never about golden eyes appearing because High elves did whatever in the church... If anything, it's the complete opposite, but then your strawman wouldn't work.

These are bad manners.

As I said, going back to enjoying the game, gotta do some pvp island expeditions.
    No. I quoted you and I was talking to you. No parallel conversation whatsoever.

And I dunno how telling someone to have a lovely night is bad manners. Seems quite the opposite like good manners.

I have the theory that blue eyes on Thalassian elves aren't necessarily there because of arcane energies, but that it would just be their natural color, like those of the Zandalari.

I think this may be a possibility because I haven't found any line specifying that they have blue eyes specifically because of arcane magic, I only found something about them getting their glow diminished when the Sunwell was destroyed, which can just be a showing of energy depletion.

This might give back up as to why Ion said blue eyes don't make sense, since if it's their natural color and not because of arcane energies, they couldn't simply go back and would only keep fel tainting or get light infusion by following the light using the Sunwell.
    Yes. Without the Sunwell elves are greatly weakened. This means that they likely get paler and thinner, like sick people. The minor decrease of light could be just a symptom of that.
    And, by the way, has anyone noticed that almost nobody has said anything about violet eyes for Blood elves to the extent they demanded the blue eyes, because they said they should have them because of the Sunwell's arcane part? It's a showing that many people just asked for them out of spite, Kairos included of course. Violet is more representative of the arcane if you ask me, but there you have them, nothing about that, nada.
    You know what? When I saw the datamined eyes, my first thought was that I want purple eyes. However, I haven't thought about that before because we haven't seen a lot of purple eyed high elves before.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yes, I want it, teal eyes, like jade colored ones, is the color I always write my character having, I'm expecting to see if I can finally got them.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

7+ Year Old Account
    I brought that up cause I felt it was silly for people to be arguing whether it was green or blue when it's both. We don't need another Blue Dress/Gold Dress incident.
    Yeah but that dress had a true color it was, people were pointing that out with those eyes. I don't think anyone is going to continue arguing it, it was more like "it's really not but if that's what you'd like to think then sure".

- - - Updated - - -

And, by the way, has anyone noticed that almost nobody has said anything about violet eyes for Blood elves to the extent they demanded the blue eyes, because they said they should have them because of the Sunwell's arcane part? It's a showing that many people just asked for them out of spite, Kairos included of course. Violet is more representative of the arcane if you ask me, but there you have them, nothing about that, nada.
    I agree, even "ARCANE shot" and "ARCANE Blast" and "ARCANE Barrage" are more purple/pink than blue as far as arcane magic goes. But nope the focus is on blue, not the violet. Seems clear where most of the intent was.

Wow, have not really read the latest build but seeing the new hairstyles and eye color for Blood Elves made me excited. That ponytail and crown hairstyle looks so nice. It's like making your own babydoll! And I'm a man... Lol.. Just love the new customization philosophy they are going for.

And did they increase boobsize again? I am sure that happened to Night Elves and Humans in Legion, now its Blood Elves turn?!

7+ Year Old Account
    pretty much people are trying by all means to make this is "not exactly blue", or "not this blue!1!", or even "this is not the right blue!1" so "blood elves are not rly exactly high elves", grasping at straws, and it looks more like damage control

this IS blue, just another shade of it, playing semantics. maybe they will release others, maybe not, time will tell, saying its not "THE" blue to further a non-existent difference make no sense

"Teal is a blue-green colour. Its name comes from that of a bird—the common teal (Anas crecca)—which presents a similarly colored stripe on its head. The word is often used colloquially to refer to shades of cyan in general."

It's from wikipedia though, so anyone can edit it so it doesn't really have merit according to "some" LOL so be careful if you are going to discuss it further whether it's blue or green.

7+ Year Old Account

Danuser:
    which means, Blood elves should also have blue-eyes, since another energy override the previous fel taint, if its not holy magic its arcane magic

He also acknowledge the existence of blood elves with blue-eyes and they have a reason of why, who obviously either they coming back to quel'thalas, or their eyes changing back by the use of arcane magic, or even both.

Mages should have blue eyes, just like Priests and paladins have golden eyes, and they should not restrict it, for the same reasons

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    "Teal is a blue-green colour. Its name comes from that of a bird—the common teal (Anas crecca)—which presents a similarly colored stripe on its head. The word is often used colloquially to refer to shades of cyan in general."

It's from wikipedia though, so anyone can edit it so it doesn't really have merit according to "some" LOL so be careful if you are going to discuss it further whether it's blue or green.
    I have literally taken a pair of minutes to take images, put them on Paint, copy the colors of the eyes, look at their composition, and...

It's literally teal, a little red, mostly green and blue with green being the majority, if not the equal quantity of it on majority of the images, as opposed to High elf eyes, who have more blue in the color composition than green.

I mean, I think discussing colors is dumb and boring as hell, but this is just a whole other level... So I just took a mere moment to check with numbers, and, what a surprise, some people have not being honest...

I took the damn bluest pixel and it has equal amounts of blue and green...

Literally, 113 red, 221 blue and 221 green, literal composition of the bluest PIXEL in there, literally TEAL, saying it's blue it's the same as saying it's green, period... Some people should stop being so damn dishonest with everyone, including themselves.

So yeah Doffen, I'm sure they will go after your 'non reliable' wikipedia source, I can totally see that too.
    Last edited by Aldo Hawk; 2020-05-23 at 11:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    "Some" are also capable of differentiating between an article describing a real world colour stating an objectively true fact and an article on a fansite depicting a fictional universe prone to unconscious bias and personal interpretation. Just because the specific example you quoted earlier was less word of god and more word of a fan from argent dawn EU (https://wow.gamepedia.com/UserProfile:Rayndorn) does not mean everything written in a wiki is suspect.

I have literally taken a pair of minutes to take images, put them on Paint, copy the colors of the eyes, look at their composition, and...

It's literally teal, a little red, mostly green and blue with green being the majority, if not the equal quantity of it on majority of the images, as opposed to High elf eyes, who have more blue in the color composition than green.

I mean, I think discussing colors is dumb and boring as hell, but this is just a whole other level... So I just took a mere moment to check with numbers, and, what a surprise, some people have not being honest...

I took the damn bluest pixel and it has equal amounts of blue and green...

Literally, 113 red, 221 blue and 221 green, literal composition of the bluest PIXEL in there, literally TEAL, saying it's blue it's the same as saying it's green, period... Some people should stop being so damn dishonest with everyone, including themselves.

So yeah Doffen, I'm sure they will go after your 'non reliable' wikipedia source, I can totally see that too.
    Yeah, there are some posters here being really disingenous in the way they discuss, and will just throw out any facts from any source as "not valid" if it doesn't fit their narrative. It's just silly. Then they use pages like wikis themselves and it's suddenly legit.

Instead of just seeing stuff for what it is. Not sure why people would go out of their way to try to disprove facts, but there you go.