Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Cool Make Moonkin Form Cosmetic

We don't need to run around as KFC raw material all the time.

Make a glyph or a class skillbook like you did with treat form, and that should give you the cosmetic ability to go moonkin.

Alternatively, make it a talent like it was in vanilla, or like Incarnation: Tree of Life is now, then add Incarnation: Chosen of Elune on top.

Drawbacks: None

Advantages:
    - Player Choice
    - You can see your transmog
    - This incentives running old instances for gear looks.
    - See your face, and all the new options coming with Shadowlands
    - Be cooler

Sounds like you haven't heard of Glyph of the stars.

10+ Year Old Account
    I main resto, but also use balance for questing and such. Honestly if it weren’t for the glyph that puts you into astral form, I wouldn’t play balance at all. I hate the way moonkin form looks.
    @Aridnz[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Just quoting this for the OP :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I bet they keep it in because the druid is labeled as a shapeshifter. But I do agree the moonkin form looks very silly.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    They need to make changes to Glyph of the stars and make it less blue. The previous version we had was good because your gear was clearly visible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

Meh, Glyph of Stars is just a band-aid and a shitty one considering the blue recolour of our entire bodies,
    we need to see our characters we created in their full glory.

Just like Shadowform for shadow priests should toggle off when they cast a healing spell for example.
    Make the game more dynamic.

I have no issue with making the moonkin form optional, but I think it should be an opt-out system, rather than opt-in (for the moonkin form). Shapeshift forms are at the core of the druid class, always have been. Making people jump through hoops to actually play them as they were always playable sounds wrong
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Well you could argue that the earliest iteration of moonkin form was a talent.

But just as shaman totems were less and less used as passive buffs, and became baked in passives for shammies, they got a new use as cooldowns to pop.

The same thing should happen to moonkin, and to an extenct shadowform where we passively get the stats, and occasianalyl change form with the use of a DPS abiltiy, then revert back if we use a heal for example.

That way the entirety of combat revolves more around shapeshifting as an ultimate like super-saiyan, to turn back after combat.

It creates a living atmosphere of combat as a balance druid and shadow priest.

How can you even play moonkin without the moonkin form. I rather vote for removing glyph of the stars.

my 2 cents:

what we really need is:

- moonkin form (optional)
    - normal form with all gear visible (optional)
    - glyph of stars form/glyph (optional)

all 3 options should be a free choice for everyone. because it seems there are the same amount of players for each option. i say this bc it is horrible cheap for Blizz to implement all 3. glyph of stars already exists. moonkin form can be a book, like treant. and normal form and cast animatiins already exists. so all that Blizz have to do is moving moonkin form to a cosmetic book, make the dps increase baseline for balance spec and everyone will be happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    How can you even play moonkin without the moonkin form. I rather vote for removing glyph of the stars.

how stupid to remove an option ppl like and whats already years in the game, when it is same complex as makin moonkin form optional for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I agree. The entire point of playing a druid is shapeshifting, people know what they signed up for.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I agree. The entire point of playing a druid is shapeshifting, people know what they signed up for.
    So they can actually look at their character and Druids are more then shapeshifting.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

If you want to look at your character while playing druid, play resto. They already removed tree form because people were bitching that they couldn't see their character. There's also Glyph of the Stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    So they can actually look at their character and Druids are more then shapeshifting.
    I agree. I wouldn't mind the fat ogre reskin model if it was a cooldown form, with the druid staying in humanoid form the entire time, but shape-changed into moonkin form for the brief extra 'oomph' of magic power.

Off-topic: so many 1-post accounts being banned, today. Someone likes making alt accounts by the dozens, I imagine...

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    If you want to look at your character while playing druid, play resto. They already removed tree form because people were bitching that they couldn't see their character. There's also Glyph of the Stars.
    I would understand this argument when it comes to Guardian or Feral druids, but not Balance.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Except you aren't in combat from the moment you log in to the moment you log off, so there's plenty of time to look at the character. One of my most-played characters is a night elf druid that I've had since 2006 - the shapeshift forms are what made her interesting/distinct to me from other classes. But in cities, downtime in raids/dungeons, etc I pop into elf-form to have those moments of seeing the character behind the bear/moonkin etc.

As for saying druids are more than shapeshifting... a warrior is more than their shield, but you still need one to tank. /shrug

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    They already removed tree form because people were bitching that they couldn't see their character.
    As someone who loved the vanilla WoW treant form, I was not happy when they did that.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except you aren't in combat from the moment you log in to the moment you log off, so there's plenty of time to look at the character. One of my most-played characters is a night elf druid that I've had since 2006 - the shapeshift forms are what made her interesting/distinct to me from other classes. But in cities, downtime in raids/dungeons, etc I pop into elf-form to have those moments of seeing the character behind the bear/moonkin etc.

As for saying druids are more than shapeshifting... a warrior is more than their shield, but you still need one to tank. /shrug

Yeah and most druids that you see out there aren't always in a permanent state of Moonkin form, its not necessarily needed.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by LeeroyJenkins View Post
    We don't need to run around as KFC raw material all the time.

Make a glyph or a class skillbook like you did with treat form, and that should give you the cosmetic ability to go moonkin.

Alternatively, make it a talent like it was in vanilla, or like Incarnation: Tree of Life is now, then add Incarnation: Chosen of Elune on top.

Drawbacks: None

Advantages:
    - Player Choice
    - You can see your transmog
    - This incentives running old instances for gear looks.
    - See your face, and all the new options coming with Shadowlands
    - Be cooler
    No.

Anyone else got bad ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Aridn View Post
    I main resto, but also use balance for questing and such. Honestly if it weren’t for the glyph that puts you into astral form, I wouldn’t play balance at all. I hate the way moonkin form looks.
    Astral form is an abomination.

If you are not chubby chicken.

You should not play balance.