Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love how every tank has been said "is the best"
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Honestly? They are all easy once you know how to tank. There is no "passive" tank game play. They all require some form of mitigation management. Weather it be in the form of a heal or some absorption type effect, they all require some form of thinking and planning.
    You havent played brewmaster then, you press ironskin and hold agro while watching some youtubes on 2nd screen.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    You havent played brewmaster then, you press ironskin and hold agro while watching some youtubes on 2nd screen.
    I've played them all. They are all easy. You can sum Any tank to "press this and hold aggro". In a 5 man, sure, thats true. In anything else? Gonna have to do more then watch youtube. Otherwise, you can cause a wipe. Like, move the boss or taunt swap. Easy mechanics to be sure, but not so boring.

And just spamming mitigation wont due either. Gotta time it out or risk getting wrecked in harder content.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I've played them all. They are all easy. You can sum Any tank to "press this and hold aggro". In a 5 man, sure, thats true. In anything else? Gonna have to do more then watch youtube. Otherwise, you can cause a wipe. Like, move the boss or taunt swap. Easy mechanics to be sure, but not so boring.

And just spamming mitigation wont due either. Gotta time it out or risk getting wrecked in harder content.
    Theres still a massive difference between timing death strikes and just spamming ironbrew, unless ofc you only do lfr and m2-10.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Theres still a massive difference between timing death strikes and just spamming ironbrew, unless ofc you only do lfr and m2-10.
    Is it really though? It isn't exactly rocket science to press death strike when your hp goes down or to keep runic power reserve for the incoming spike dmg. People somehow think that playing dk is super hard, while it really revolves around having proper ui and knowledge of the pulls, just like any other tank these days.

I find my blood dk very easy, But that's probably since i have very high gear and the highest i've tanked is a +6.

If soloing is important to you, I found that my Brewmaster Monk is really dependent on having a healer around. This is opposed to my Blood DK, who feels nigh invulnerable (and to a lesser extent Druid).

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Every RTS ever made, every serious FPS, every DotA game.

Mechanical skill refers to the physical performance required with your mouse nad keyboard to control your character to the best of your ability.

Wow with its GCD and tab targetting simply doesn't hold a candle to any of the esports. We are talking about the type of games where progamers become too old at 25, because they no longer have the reactions required to keep up with the younger guys.

DotA and LoL have been known for their steep learning curve in the past, CS:GO is known for being difficuly to get into, because noobs are completely chanceless against ppl who have been playing for long, and SC / SC2 are both legendary for the 400 APM Koreans and completely ridiculous things like still keeping your macro production going while you are micromanaging armies during battle.

All of those games are also notorious for requiring you to play constantly, because you WILL lose a lot of your mechancail skill very quickly if you take breaks. And that's just the mechanical side of it, we haven't even started talking about the tactical and strategic side of things yet...

The only thing hard about WoW is the logistics of running a Mythic guild, and the top raiders require some creative thinking to come up with the tactics for Mythic bosses when they are the first players in the world doing them.

Mechanical skill is THE easiest part of WoW raiding, and WoW in general. WoW PvP requires even less mechanical skill, where class knowledge and counterplay/reacting to the situation is the only thing that matters. Even the hardest PvE specs of all time, like many of the different Feral Druid specs throughout the ages, MoP/WoD AND BFA Demo Lock and Legion S2M Shadow Priest are mechanically easy to perfect in the grand scale of things...
    IMO you need to play almost constantly in wow to be good mehcanically...this is a really good post though. Modern Mythic raids have so many mechancis it's insane

Quote Originally Posted by baksheesh View Post
    If soloing is important to you, I found that my Brewmaster Monk is really dependent on having a healer around. This is opposed to my Blood DK, who feels nigh invulnerable (and to a lesser extent Druid).
    Dunno why you'd mention druid and not mention dh unless you didn't play it. Vengeance DH can get crazy self healing at the expense of damage, if you don't spec into fracture and just spam shear and consume the soul fragments you can survive a lot (proven by a log of dh solo tanking mythic shadhar).

seems that everyone has a different opinion....i like warrior

No, not really. Tanking is easy once you know how to. Boringly so. Problem comes in when you 1) dont spam at the right time and 2) the healers are just as clueless or more so than a new tank. Biggest difference being that if the tank drops first, or multiple times, Their the ones getting yelled at and kicked.

Heck. I even solo tanked Durumu in LFR when it was current because the other tank essentially did just that. Failed to counter mechanics when they were supposed to and dropped. But, since they just saw Tank, they kicked me as well since in their minds, the tanks are the main cause of a wipe if they die first.

A geared tank can "generally" survive ignoring some mechanics. Not all, but some, in LFR. But a tank who wants to just go "lawl /afk while I hold aggro" wont cut it. LFR can be forgiving, but not so much so that you can neglect your major mitigation abilities all of the time.

Its just not a role that supports what the OP wants.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I don't understand why everyone thinks BrM is the easiest tank. May be in irrelevant content compared to your ilvl, but in those basically every tank is easy and in this context even ISB is not necessary. In high M+ or Mythic Raids it is a bit more than keeping ISB up. Compared to other tanks you lack the many cds and especially magic damage really hurts. But in most cases BrM are less spiky and therefore easier to heal in a raid setting.

In my experience a warrior or a Bear can facetank much more before getting in trouble compared to a BrM, if they are the same ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonsorrow View Post
    I don't understand why everyone thinks BrM is the easiest tank. May be in irrelevant content compared to your ilvl, but in those basically every tank is easy and in this context even ISB is not necessary. In high M+ or Mythic Raids it is a bit more than keeping ISB up. Compared to other tanks you lack the many cds and especially magic damage really hurts. But in most cases BrM are less spiky and therefore easier to heal in a raid setting.
    I know it is not thaaaat easy, since I mained a BrM for several raids, but come on, in the surviving Physical Damage departmenmt, which is what 70% of the Tanks job is, there is no class that can do that as easy as Brews. There is a reason why the WF Raiders like Sco use a Monk for most of this and last expansion now, only swapping for specific bosses.

My favourite example is that Jellyfish in Eternal Palace. He hits incredibly hard when you start tanking him (his mechanic dulls the damage over time, but the first hit is brutal). Most Tanks needed to use a major CD to survive that period or get one-shotted. On my Monk I drank ISB and proceeded to laugh as he kept hitting me with my health bar barely moving.
    Imagine that scene from Matrix 2 where Neo is fighting two Agents with one hand and you know how that feels. Then imagine being the Morpheus, that gets beaten to a bloody pulp by one Agent, watching that and you know how other tanks felt

Stagger is just that good. Not to mention that ISB and PB are not bound to any resource you need to gather or only work when you are in range of the boss.
    On my DK, I can do almost nothing if I am not glued to the boss or have anything else to hit close. Can't refresh Boneshield, can't use Death Strike. Very fun when you have to move a certain Pillar boss somewhere. Still hoping against hope that the Death Coil we get will work like Death Strike at range.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Most likely Vengeance Demon Hunter or Blood Death Knight. Oddly both hero classes. Curious...
    I'm really wondering what keystone level people are playing at that say Blood is one of the easiest to play. At high keys rune/runic power management becomes a job in itself. Expect having to push ~150k-200k+ hps just to stay alive on some pulls. 1 poorly timed deathstrike is guaranteed death unless you have a god tier healer. Did not pool properly or running low on runic power? Better kite or its game over.
    Last edited by avx81; 2020-05-28 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    I know it is not thaaaat easy, since I mained a BrM for several raids, but come on, in the surviving Physical Damage departmenmt, which is what 70% of the Tanks job is, there is no class that can do that as easy as Brews. There is a reason why the WF Raiders like Sco use a Monk for most of this and last expansion now, only swapping for specific bosses.
    Sure it is true that BrM is often used for progress, but in the current tier BloodDK and VDH were almost as present.
    And with regard to physical damage, compared to EP, Nya is much more magic damage heavy and dots. Both are the weaknesses of Stagger, coincidence? Ra-Den and Vexiona say hi

My favourite example is that Jellyfish in Eternal Palace. He hits incredibly hard when you start tanking him (his mechanic dulls the damage over time, but the first hit is brutal). Most Tanks needed to use a major CD to survive that period or get one-shotted. On my Monk I drank ISB and proceeded to laugh as he kept hitting me with my health bar barely moving.
    Imagine that scene from Matrix 2 where Neo is fighting two Agents with one hand and you know how that feels. Then imagine being the Morpheus, that gets beaten to a bloody pulp by one Agent, watching that and you know how other tanks felt
    You are aware of the Stagger nerf after EP? It took all tier to get to a comparable strength that it had at the end of EP. This was the second nerf to Stagger this expansion btw. And with the Jellyfish, it depends which difficulty we are talking, normal / HC sure, but on Mythic BrM couldn't just facetank the first hits.

Stagger is just that good. Not to mention that ISB and PB are not bound to any resource you need to gather or only work when you are in range of the boss.
    On my DK, I can do almost nothing if I am not glued to the boss or have anything else to hit close. Can't refresh Boneshield, can't use Death Strike. Very fun when you have to move a certain Pillar boss somewhere. Still hoping against hope that the Death Coil we get will work like Death Strike at range.
    You need to use kegsmash and tiger palm to lower the recharge of your brews, otherwise the recharge is longer then the duration of your 4 brews. And the point is Stagger and ISB only delay the damage, it is not acutally mitigated, so unless you purify you will eventually take the damage and it needs to be healed through. Ans sure it is less spiky so it is easier to heal than most tanks. And as stated above in irrelevant content BrM is strong and easy but DK is op in those situations, imho.
    And the dominance of BrM is exagareted in my opinion, especially in Nya, but people still think it is op as it was at the end of Legion and a good part of BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    i will keep this very simple - I main a Prot Warrior, have a Pally, Monk, DK & DH tank and even tho i like the mobility of the DH and the "tankiness" of the DK, i still prefer the overall mobility/toolkit/awesomeness that is Prot Warr

Decided to give tanking on my Druid a try again after not having done it for a long time ... fell asleep doing it. So I'd go with Druid. Plus if you level a Druid, you get a ton of other options too, so there's that too I guess?

Sure it is true that BrM is often used for progress, but in the current tier BloodDK and VDH were almost as present.
    And with regard to physical damage, compared to EP, Nya is much more magic damage heavy and dots. Both are the weaknesses of Stagger, coincidence? Ra-Den and Vexiona say hi
    I know, that is why people said that Blood and Vengeance would be top tanks this tier. But the truth of the matter is that despite this Monk was and is still regarded as the best Tank.

You are aware of the Stagger nerf after EP? It took all tier to get to a comparable strength that it had at the end of EP. This was the second nerf to Stagger this expansion btw. And with the Jellyfish, it depends which difficulty we are talking, normal / HC sure, but on Mythic BrM couldn't just facetank the first hits.
    Sure, but that Nerf was needed, since Monks were dominating the Tank role for the entire expansion and most of Legion, and it is still a far cry from the Nerf that DKs received during Uldir or the nerf Warriors received in the BFA pre-patch. Both became nearly unplayable while Monks are still fine and dandy just a little more spiky then before.

You need to use kegsmash and tiger palm to lower the recharge of your brews, otherwise the recharge is longer then the duration of your 4 brews. And the point is Stagger and ISB only delay the damage, it is not acutally mitigated, so unless you purify you will eventually take the damage and it needs to be healed through. Ans sure it is less spiky so it is easier to heal than most tanks.
    I know how it works, but you can very easily kite an Awakened boss with your 4 Brew charges (not to mention the endless mobility) without running out. DKs can't do anything at range, except Blooddrinker. And yes, in the self-healing deaprtment BrM is weak, but since they don't die from a spike healers have all the time in the world to deal with the staggered damage.

And as stated above in irrelevant content BrM is strong and easy but DK is op in those situations, imho.
    And the dominance of BrM is exagareted in my opinion, especially in Nya, but people still think it is op as it was at the end of Legion and a good part of BfA.
    DKs can be OP in the right situation, mainly at a point where they can generate enough RP and are hit just hard enough to gain massive heals without being one shot. And yes they deal better with Magic damage (because we have no more armor then a DPS it just doesn't matter what damage hits us, we are equally suceptible to it and then heal it) but I mainly switched to DK because of the style.
    Monks were always a bit too... panda-esque for my taste, throwing kegs and burping fire into peoples faces... the DK is more serious and has a cool backstory. And while playing I actually started to enjoy the thrill of taking high damage without dying. You need a lot of practice to walk that narrow line between using Death Strike too early and too late and I find that quite wonderful.

Don't get me wrong, I think BrM is strong and very well suited for raiding. However I think the difference between the different tank-classes is smaller than people think and often it is the grass is greener on the other side effect. People tend to focus on the strength of other classes but tend to forget the weaknesses.

And regarding world first progress, Limit used a BloodDK in all their firstkills.

And for easiest tank I would not recommend either BDK nor BrM but Druid. Big healthpool, strong mitigation and few buttons to push.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichology View Post
    You're not parsing well without Spirit Bomb
    You have no idea what you're talking about.