Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Right now the game is getting pretty imbalanced simply because some specs are scaling better with stats than others and corruption gear is amplifying that. But Blizzard must have known this would happen when they introduced the corruption gear right? I mean it should be pretty obvious. If one spec is gaining 15 dps per stat point and another spec is gaining 8 dps per stat point, then those two specs will get further apart the more stats they get. Simple math right?

But anyway, there are two possible scenarios. Either they knew the corruption system would make the game very imbalanced but chose to implement it anyway. Or they for some reason couldn't anticipate it even though it is basic math (I have a hard time believing this). I'm not sure what is worse?
    Impossible!

Didn't you know the talent system added way back in MoP means the game since then has been perfectly balanced and cookie cutter made Completly a thing of the past, we were promised that was what we would get for loosing all the options and flexibility of being able to cross spec after all and blizz are a company of there word!!!

(as this is the Internet I feel I should point out I'm being sarcastic)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    It's not a lot of fun knowing that by insisting on playing a particular spec or class, however fun its rotation and effects might be, you're making life harder than it needs to be for your fellow players because you're not putting out the DPS/HPS you could be, or keep getting trucked whn if you'd picked a stronger class you'd not be holding them back.
    Thats a problem the people you play with force upon you and this environment is created by the community. The game is not doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    The correct answer is that Bliz stops caring about balance about this time in every expansion. They just stop worrying about it. I recall at the end of wotlk when prot palys wielding sp maces were so op they could fight 4 well geared toons simultaneously while taking no damage and kill all 4 in about 30 seconds. Bliz's fix was patch 4.0. Bliz's fix for the current imbalances will be patch 9.0.
    When did they care about balance this expansion to begin with? They launched it with specs they ADMITTED were not completed, and now have said no major changes for shadowlands... they're incompetent buffoons when it comes to any semblance of balance and checks with classes and specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    The only thing that changed is how much people are worried about staring at spreadsheets instead of just playing the game.
    If by "playing the game" you mean "reroll fotm and get free pvp rating" then it was always the case and broken op classes / comps existed since the inception of arena.

In pve same story, people class stacked what's op in raids, now we have m+ too but it's the same concept. Fotm reroll or be purged.

Blizzard thrives upon it because time spent rerolling and regearing is /played metrics to them.

Pre-patches are usually period of even more broken hot mess.

Also by now a lot of players are unsubbed waiting for Shadowlands so Blizzard has little motivation for trying to "fix" the game outside of throwing some bones like xp buff or corruption vendor because maybe it will lure some hibernating players to resub for a month.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TorAndre View Post
    Thats a problem the people you play with force upon you and this environment is created by the community. The game is not doing that.
    The game is not doing anything to prevent that either. People will always pick the path of least resistance. If the game design gives you advantage for class stacking - people will class stack. If the game design rewards class diversity, people will be less inclined to bring a 5th mage into the raid over a different class they don't have yet.

Also there's a lot of media influence over community perception and Blizzard could alter for example MDI ruleset to prevent carbon copies of team comps or constantly the same comps going over and again, but nope. Legion was not so bad in that aspect, but BFA every season is class stack to the max. People watch that stuff, Blizzard wants them to watch it because it's publicity and revenue, but then it spreads the notion of "this class was played all the time so it's good, this class was never picked so it sucks".

Even arena tournament has more class diversity than the MDI.

Also I remember them saying BFA dungeon design will promote different classes shining in different scenarios, and this was a complete lie, it's even worse than Legion because legion had these gimnicks like mage in BRH or warlock in arcway.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2020-05-24 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Ma boi... This patch is liek mild-moderate shit. Frankly, if not Twilight Skillvastation nonsense I'd even say it would be the mildest last patch ever.

Want imbalance? Take 5.4 omegalul. I was lucky to play the god class of that patch - Warlock and that patch lasted more than a year too. I don't think there was any case of more retarded shit than 5.4 with its snapshotting for Affliction going completely out of control or Destruction simply being overtuned by a good 20%+ and having everything a spec could ask for, while both having tank grade cooldowns on top of it.

Then of course you had other final patches like 6.2 where Arcane did retarded shit with that Doom Nova trinket, culminating with 15 seconds Mythic boss kills. Though I still recon 5.4 takes the cake.

Then you have last patches of old where Vanilla's Naxx patch was probably a single case of biggest most retarded gap between raiders and everyone else ever - even my shitty paladin healer could just take Grand Crusader and AQ40 pieces nobody else wanted, Naxx weapon, spec Holy/Ret and literally kill 85% of the server population in one swing of a weapon. Or TBC where I was oneshotting with a single spell most non-raiders in Quel-Danas from max range as lock.

This shit is literally par the course for WoW for many years - last patch of the expansion is always a patch where shit gets out of control one way or another and nobody gives a fuck, because Blizzard is both all hands on deck working on new expansion and are just letting people do whatever, because it's pointless to fix shit that will not be a thing soon anyway.

Be glad there is at least some sembalance of sanity now and you don't have that one class lording over everyone everywhere like in 5.4.
    Reposting this as people need to remember (or learn) how broken it was back in the days. Corruptions are nothing compared to previous bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    yes, from insane outliers to still best by far outliers, not to "now i can choose what i prefer" levels.
    and thats why r3 TD costs 15k while r3 stats costs 5k . thats also why r3 tD is 75 corruption while r3 stats is 20 corruption

you cant stack 5 r3TD while you can stack 5 r3 stats and have guaranteed 60 % more bis secondary 100% of time in fight instead it being random proc

its is balanced you not the way you want it to be

There is a LOT Blizzard actually knows behind the scenes but which they keep quiet about or discard.