Poll: (topic)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosumi View Post
    I'd like it if affixes worked similarly to PoE's map system with random effects for the map, instead of being locked in to a specific combo of affixes for a whole week. Something fresh every run would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosumi View Post
    Yeah but is it really any different than for example a KR with bursting or bolstering? I think it would ultimately be better than what we have currently cause you might jsut have a dead key once, but it won't be a dead key for the whole week.
    How would that change though? Not too familiar with PoE's map system. At least with the affixes part of it. Are you saying instead of having keys, each dungeon for the week would have it's own random affix?

Not a huge fan of purely positive effects, as it would create awkward breakpoints (level X-1 has no positive effects, therefore level X or even X+1 is easier), but I'd definitely be a fan of seeing more of the kiss/curse idea they're already doing. Something like:

• AoE effects deal 50% less damage, but single target direct damage and single target DoTs deal 50% more damage (ie, Corruption spread by Seed of Corruption for example would count as an AoE effect in order to not fuck up balance too much with this effect)
    • Movement speed increased by 30%, but monsters can't be slowed or rooted
    • You deal 20% increased damage, reduced by 1% for each yard between you and the target, and monsters have 5% increased health for each (player, not pet) target within 10 yards (effect being that you want to skirt somewhere in between 10-20 yards ideally as range for a damage bonus, hard to make an effect like this interesting for both range and melee though)
    • You permanently have Bloodlust, but so does the monsters
    Last edited by Segus1992; 2020-05-19 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    How would that change though? Not too familiar with PoE's map system. At least with the affixes part of it. Are you saying instead of having keys, each dungeon for the week would have it's own random affix?
    You'd still have keys, but no longer would we have this weekly rotation of affixes. Instead, when you open a map in PoE, random effects are chosen from a list of possible effects. By themselves, each doesn't do much. So lower keys are still just as possible if not easier, but once you reach the higher levels it becomes more and more difficult, for obvious reasons. The effects are chosen when the portal opens, so there could be 2 ways of applying it to wow. But that would be a discussion for another time.

My main point is that there are better ways to make those dungeons M+ status without the weekly affix rotation. Torghast already makes use of randomness with anima powers, I don't think it would be too far fetched they could make random effects possible for M+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Not a huge fan of purely positive effects, as it would create awkward breakpoints (level X-1 has no positive effects, therefore level X or even X+1 is easier), but I'd definitely be a fan of seeing more of the kiss/curse idea they're already doing. Something like:
    The kiss/curse idea is solid too but the easy solution to that first point is just to have the positive effect also apply at level 2 with Fort/Tyr then it affects all keys.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    The kiss/curse idea is solid too but the easy solution to that first point is just to have the positive effect also apply at level 2 with Fort/Tyr then it affects all keys.
    Fair enough, in which case it could work, I still don't think it's very interesting out of a design perspective though compared to kiss/curse, and the question is if it would be worth the added confusion of having another affix people new to the system have to learn to get into M+. Currently people only have to know two affixes to get into M+, and Blizzard is very very concerned with their whole "easy to learn hard to master".

Problem with positiv buffs is most of the time they HIGHLY favour one or two specs who just let any other class bite the dust because of it.

Fun? Maaaaaybe... not sure really. Another tacked on system you have to keep track of?

IMO should be positive reinforcements, like a bursting week you have a small buff if you dont refresh the debuff or not bolstering a trash with 5 stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Khosumi View Post
    My main point is that there are better ways to make those dungeons M+ status without the weekly affix rotation. Torghast already makes use of randomness with anima powers, I don't think it would be too far fetched they could make random effects possible for M+.

Random effects would be very bad for m+. The point of M+ is competition, and random effects is bad for competition. That is why it is very important that everyone has the same affixes. Random effects could work in regular dungeons though, where competition is not a factor.

5+ Year Old Account
    Frankly most affixes are just annoying bullshit.

The only good ones are Tyrannical and Fortified.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2020-05-23 at 05:10 PM.

I think having random encounters in dungeons could be cool, something like finding an npc who when interacted with does something beneficial like fighting along side you for a while or opening a shortcut, providing buffs ( not too powerful of course ). Some people are gonna get upset at the though, but I think it would be neat if done correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    No. Bring back Challenge Mode, get rid of Mythic.
    This is what i wanted but it's not happening cuz blizzard assume Mythic+ make it so popular in esports which is boring to watch. Why the hell did they get rid of challenge mode in first place?

The issue with this idea is that Blizzard would intentionally make the negative affixes even more potent to offset the positive affixes. It's a fun idea, sure, but I doubt it'll happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    This is what i wanted but it's not happening cuz blizzard assume Mythic+ make it so popular in esports which is boring to watch. Why the hell did they get rid of challenge mode in first place?
    For the same reason many features are removed: Because nobody fucking participated in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really understand why people like Challenge Modes over Mythic Plus. M+ have everything CMs had, with the added advantage of being able to escalate the challenge infinitely, and because the content scales up rather than you scaling down, it removes of the gimmicky cheese with gem scaling, weird gear choices, trinkets that scaled wonky, etc. And because of both the ability to push harder and harder content and the fact they offer actual rewards, M+ is content that actually has a ton of repeatability. CMs were fun... until you got gold once, per class. Then there was really no reason to do them again; I don't know anyone that did a CM dungeon again on that class after they got gold unless they were helping a friend also get gold (or selling runs). In contrast, tons of people run M+ regularly every week even after they've gotten whatever their initial goal was, because they want to push higher or chase better rewards.

I mean, I liked CMs... but M+ to me is a very positive evolution of Challenge Modes with most of the negative issues addressed and the entire system vastly improved.

I guess if you really hate affixes, but the positives of M+ seem to far outweigh that for me.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2020-05-24 at 04:25 AM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    No. Bring back Challenge Mode, get rid of Mythic.
    yeah no...m+ is the best thing to ever happen to dungeons,i for one dont wanna go back to wrath days dungeons,also challenge mode was great...BUT,not instead of m+ as they both serve completly different purposes

so on topic,the idea of beneficial affixes is cool,but...the point of the affixes now is to offer variation in the challenge,the only way i see this working is if beneficial affixes get added as an extra thing,not something to replace the current negative ones,and proly buff the negative ones to compensate

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khosumi View Post
    I'd like it if affixes worked similarly to PoE's map system with random effects for the map, instead of being locked in to a specific combo of affixes for a whole week. Something fresh every run would be nice.
    this would never work in wow as people would just bail and find keys with the easiest combos,it has to be locked in,maybe on a daily thing instead of a week could work and it be random

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    yeah no...m+ is the best thing to ever happen to dungeons,i for one dont wanna go back to wrath days dungeons,also challenge mode was great...BUT,not instead of m+ as they both serve completly different purposes
    Challenge mode was far and away better than M+

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Bursting and necrotc falls in the middle as it is at least possible to play aroudn this mechanic even on big pulls. So id say these are okay but not ideaL
    Those are the only fun affixes as a healer. They should bring back the "your overhealing debuffs the target" Affix.

I don't think positive or beneficial affixes are the solution (and we did have Reaping,... that's was as beneficial as could be), but the current pool of affixes is really short and they could easily add dozens of new stuff, either original stuff or taken out of Path of Exile\Diablo for example.

Ground effects (either simple puddles like frost would slow, fire would tick damage, poison would reduce heal, other would amplify damage taken, or something like beams or something). Random\occasional ground stuff that could snare\slow\disorient\wtv.
    Effects on the mobs themselves (one would have reflect\thorns and had to be dealt with somehow, or leaves a trail of poop that follows it - or increases in size if standing on same spot, etc). Some mobs could 'war stomp' and stun nearby enemies, different take on Quaking.
    Mob vulnerabilities and resistances (Physical resistance and Magical vulnerability, to shake things off).
    Totems that empower mobs differently but can be focused down (or not).
    Spell chain\echo with casters being more dangerous. Or have increased damage done to closer\melee targets as opposed to ranged, or higher range aoe, or multiple projectiles.
    Some packs could have linked health, or a requirement to die at same time otherwise they return to full health (different take on Bolstering, but without being as punishing?).

Straight out of Diablo - Waller, Vortex, bla bla bla.

Some stuff available now is completely boring to deal with, and i think they have so many interesting possibilities to play with. No reason they can't swap around a couple of affixes every season...
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2020-05-24 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Purely positive maybe not. But maybe a kiss-curse type affix. Like maybe the amount of trash per pack is reduced, but they also now hit harder.
    That's basicly allready exists with the current seasonal affix.

The benefit of those skips imo far out ways the extra mini boss.

Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    Challenge mode was far and away better than M+
    no...it simply wasnt,its not even fair to compare them,challenge mode was static,and awarded transmog,thats fine and all,but a dungeon system that is progresive gear wise is what most people prefer,gear and ilvl > transmog...but like i said...why not have both?i dont understand why challenge mode is gone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    no...it simply wasnt,its not even fair to compare them,challenge mode was static,and awarded transmog,thats fine and all,but a dungeon system that is progresive gear wise is what most people prefer,gear and ilvl > transmog...but like i said...why not have both?i dont understand why challenge mode is gone
    It's cool to get gear, sure, but they become trivial once people hit a certain level of gear. People running 25+ aren't being more rewarded than people running 15s.

Running challenge mode was relevant all expansion long and never got outgeared, and you were rewarded for being the best.

M+ is average at best.