10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    So you literally do not have proof for your statement that all high elves will eventually get Golden Eyes. That's all I had to see thanks!
    I presented evidence in the form of the Ask CDEV quote and the principle of how the Sunwell acted in the past. That you ignored it is unsurprising. By your own words you have admitted anything you can't reconcile to your view on this topic, even if it comes from the developers, is ignored. Conversely, anything that you agree with, no matter how questionable the source, is exalted.

But the principle stands. Blood Elves and the exiles remain the same race, bound to the same Sunwell and sharing the same destiny, which is really the principle at stake here as nobody expects any universal eye colour shifts within the lifetime of World of Warcraft. Ultimately, the blue eyes are just an eye colour, a circumstance of the moment, held by those elves who were outside Quel'thalas. Just as the golden eyes are just an eye colour, and the green eyes are just an eye colour.
    A high elf is as different from a blood elf with green eyes as a blood elf with golden eyes is different from a blood elf with green eyes or a high elf with blue eyes. Thalassian elf eyes just work that way.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2020-05-23 at 09:50 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nah, my point when entering into the teal eyes was that if you wanna call em blue, go ahead. You're the one trying to argue in circles saying "people are doing dmg control now" when I've literally said the people that wanted blue eyes should then be happy about that option and suggested you to share the news as it appears many don't realize that option is coming for them.
    this is what you said:
    Sorry, but Ion said it's not for them. It sounds like you're still fighting for blue eyes to happen when "Word of God" has stated 'it doesn't make sense for how they've evolved'.

How come you're trying to fight the developers statements now when normally you're trying to defend them?
    so, no, that was not what you just said.
    You're putting forth arguments for people when there are no arguments being made with that eye color option.
    people are arguing here that that is not "exactly" blue, or "the right" blue, besides being a shade of blue, and looks like damage control.

Just took a gander at the US official forums, doesn't look like anyone's talking about the teal eyes, you should go inform them of such a good discovery you did @Syegfryed
    why they should talk about that, and why is my job to do that, is already confirmed to be an option, people will obviouslly ask for the npcs ones now.

Silver Covenant aren't a Race,runescape is more interesting than world of warcraft,it maybe the best browner games.
    Last edited by devilzxlin; 2020-07-04 at 02:11 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by devilzxlin View Post
    Silver Covenant aren't a Race
    Excuse me but this is a demonstration that you haven't understood a thing, it's there for you to learn if you have the will, I'm not gonna bother given the tone you come out with.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Excuse me but this is a demonstration that you haven't understood a thing, it's there for you to learn if you have the will, I'm not gonna bother given the tone you come out with.
    But he's correct tho. It's a group of Elves working for Dalaran, not a name for a race. Their race name would be High Elves not Silver Covenant.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwuzhere1224 View Post
    But he's correct tho. It's a group of Elves working for Dalaran, not a name for a race. Their race name would be High Elves not Silver Covenant.
    That's not what I said, and it's not why I answered that, cut it out.

That's not what I said, and it's not why I answered that, cut it out.
    He said "Silver Covenant aren't a race". You responded to him by saying what he said was a demonstration that he hadn't understood a thing, aka He was wrong about his statement, when in reality he was correct about his statement and you were incorrect by trying to correct him.

5+ Year Old Account
    He said "Silver Covenant aren't a race". You responded to him by saying what he said was a demonstration that he hadn't understood a thing, aka He was wrong about his statement, when in reality he was correct about his statement and you were incorrect by trying to correct him.
    Look, I understand you just want to antagonize, but anyone should be able to understand that I said that because boiling all down to what he said is a demonstration of not understanding a thing about anything regarding the matter, it's simply being reasonable, thing that you aren't being by the way.

Just cut it out.

Look, I understand you just want to antagonize, but anyone should be able to understand that I said that because boiling all down to what he said is a demonstration of not understanding a thing about anything regarding the matter, it's simply being reasonable, thing that you aren't being by the way.

Just cut it out.
    What he said was a factual statement and you were wrong about it. That's all there is to it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I doubt this is still the case after the Purge of Dalaran
    Yeah, we don't exactly know how things are before that, maybe it's the same, maybe it's not... Alleria kinda hinted at it not being the case since she was allowed there because she is a war hero.

But the thing was about light worshiping, in which my point is that Blood elves do it using the Sunwell, and High elves just maintain the old ways of following the light, and this doesn't involve using the Sunwell for it's light energies since it would be willpower from where they draw the light, and instead of worshiping the light through the Sunwell they would do it through the Church of the Light, since they didn't changed their faith on the light while Blood elves abandoned the Silver Hand and enslaved a light being to steal it's light energies, and later on recovered their faith on the light when the Sunwell reignited with the essence of such light being.

Do High elves mix the ways of the church with obtaining their light powers from the Sunwell? I don't think so and my rationale is there as to why, but there is not confirmation of anything so whatever.

This is a problem of expansions moving stories forward but the world being frozen in time, I wish we have some kind of world atlas with official updates instead of other media with nitpick stories.

I mean, literally there's two lores, the one that is public and the private one, where the story team have more insight on non-written parts, and very possibly just a lot of things that not even they know until they decide to do something about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    this is what you said:
    "My point when entering into the teal eyes" aka my very first reply to your first post showing the blood elf males with teal eyes.

In which I said this:

That's been there since the first unveiling of blood elves eye customizations, when people speculated blue eyes would be for them.

That specific option you're showing is amongst the green eyes so this eye color will probably be the closest Blood Elves get to 'blue eyes' but it's more teal green/sea green than the very frank blue that's going to void elves or the DK blood elf eyes.

Sea Green Palette
    Nowhere am I making an argument to argue against you.

Pointing out that the sky is blue (when it is) is an observation/statement, that does not automatically mean someone is saying "the sky is blue and anyone else calling it not blue is wrong!" (this is an argument)

Now if you wanna keep thinking in your head I'm arguing something you can go ahead and keep thinking that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I presented evidence in the form of the Ask CDEV quote and the principle of how the Sunwell acted in the past.
    I didn't ignore it, that's not evidence that all high elves will turn to Golden Eyes. If it were, that person who's keen on the lore bits wouldn't have even been asking for such a clarification in the first place, "Lore wise, is it likely all blood elves will transition to golden eyes over time, or does it require a certain zealotry on the individual elves' parts?"

Again, you take a CDev answer that focused on fel eyes and are trying to extrapolate a conclusion for it. Here's another way to look at it.

You posted the CDev quote that said "corrupted energies take a long time to wear off" with the example given that Orcs still have green skin.

Do we see non-green skin Orcs at this point, or incoming in Shadowlands? None so far yet from the datamining, if anything Orcs have gotten more green skin options.

Your extrapolation of that statement then is wrong, just like the former extrapolation that Blood Elves can have all eye colors of the rainbow which had a basis from that same CDev answer.

Ergo, it is not proof as that extrapolation has not worked out the way you have rationalized.

And Danuser also explains too "It's not that all blood elf eyes have changed from green to gold.It's that the potential for golden eyes is present, based in part on the individual's degree of devotion to the Light."

Having the "potential" is not the same as a forgone conclusion. Take an intelligent person that is a procrastinator (very common), they have the potential to do great things, it does not make it a forgone conclusion they will.

Same here with what Danuser is explaining. It's not that all Blood Elves are changing to golden eyes. It's that a potential for it exists.

Just like that leap of logic that you and others used where it's said that "all Thalassians are allowed pilgrimage to the Sunwell by Lor'themar"

Being allowed isn't the same as "every high elf is now making pilgrimages to the Sunwell".

- - - Updated - - -

In other news, in case it wasn't clarified, from Zorbix's tweet here: A few races on Alpha had to be disabled in this build; you won't be able to make new characters of that race and existing characters are locked. Apologies while we work through all the player character changes for 9.0.

It's confirmed that it is Blood Elves who are one of the races locked atm through following tweet responses to Zorbix's

I blame myself for having only DH's and only Blood Elves.

me, a superior race player, watching all the people complaining that they can't log on their blood elf characters on Alpha

So we're most likely going to see for sure what options will actually be allowed for Blood Elves very soon on the alpha, and whether Ion's statement was correct or not on no blue eyes for blood elves confirmation.

- - - Updated - - -

What he said was a factual statement and you were wrong about it. That's all there is to it.
    What's Aldo wrong about? He doesn't appear to say the person's statement is false or incorrect or anything.

On that same note. Kul'Tiran isn't a race. Neither is Draenei, neither is Dark Iron, neither is Zandalari, nor Mag'har, nor Highmountain.

Unsure of the goal of pointing out that Silver Covenant aren't a race.

I already explained why Aldo was wrong in a post above.

3+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, we don't exactly know how things are before that, maybe it's the same, maybe it's not... Alleria kinda hinted at it not being the case since she was allowed there because she is a war hero.
    Well Alleria and the Highvale at least didn't go on a massacre spree to anyone with gold/green eyes in Dalaran or feeding them to sharks. But the general blue eyed elf is mostly wanted for extradition by the Quel'thalas proper

- - - Updated - - -

Someone made a "High Elf" Demon Hunter skin in Reforged

https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraft3/c...ress_skin_and/
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    You mean Darth''remar's highborne? That's because they were stripped of it.. as punishment, and cut off from the well, to make sure they could never use the arcane magic of the Well - the night elves and Cenarius must have felt this was the only way to guranatee making them live wouldn't become a threat by them making another attempt to try and use arcane magic.
    You said it was a part of RPG lore. It is sadly, as canon as Guardian Me'dan.
    Remember night elves believed for a long time that the srot of arcane magic that brought the legion could only happen if you used the Well of Eternity. Nordrassil could amak it's energy signature from the twisting nether, and to magical sensitives, - it could also serve as a buffer making it difficult to access the well itself for anyone.. the exception might very well be night elves who are naturally connected to it, so extra measures would have to have been taken.
    We had no show of an elf using arcane magic from Nordrassil.
    We know they lost the benefits of the Well AND the World tree - because they lost immortality, lost stature,, became a lot weaker, nearly dying off in that journey, weakened a lot.
    They lost benefits of the Well OR the world tree. Anyway, it doesn't matter a lot, since that problem was quickly solved by Dath'remar.
    This is why people say it was a devolution. Not a massive one, but enough for them to be furious at the Darnassians... and there would have been other unforeseen consequences, like the capacity to handle magic diminished, which would mean less amounts of magic would get them addicted more easily - something they may not realise until the sunwell went - the reason I suspect this is that night elves simply suffused by the Well of Etenrity and Moonwells never get addicted, they only get addicted after ridiculously and excessively using. It is likely the blood elves wer enoet aware they were addicted having surpassed the limits of their devolved forms.
    This is an assumption. First of all, if high elves use arcane excessively, they should "evolve". Also, night elves do not get addicted simply because they drink a lot of Tyrande's bath water.
    they now do, although they diminished a bit, the Sunwell's arcane energy would have enhanced them a little bit, not as much as they were when night elves, and not as much as a natural connection to the Well of Eternity would do, but the arcane enhances everything, so it would have enhanced them.
    It is bold to assume that the Sunwell is weaker in effect than moonwells.

I would say longer than that, but who knows. could have been. Afterall, the wilderness journey of the Hebrews is 11 days straight, but it took them 40 years , these guys cross continents, they probably went north, or east , sailed north to Northrend, cut across Northrend, and sailed to Tirisfal, then travelled through till eventually reaching Amani land they rename Quel'thalas.
    We have no evidence of them getting to Northrend.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    You said it was a part of RPG lore. It is sadly, as canon as Guardian Me'dan.
    To be fair if it doesn't have anything in canon lore that says otherwise, it's fine to take it with a grain of salt. After all, Tandred and the Nightborne were first RPG only entities
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

Wait, Ion said that blue eyes for blood elves do not make sense. What happened? Did he change his mind? Pretty strange.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Wait, Ion said that blue eyes for blood elves do not make sense. What happened? Did he change his mind? Pretty strange.
    We wont know if he did until the actual player creator is hooked up properly.

And even then with it being Alpha and it being hooked up, it could be considered a bug if he didn't change his mind.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    That stivlen guy is saying otherwise

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    That stivlen guy is saying otherwise
    I think Stiven is saying right now they are enabled as player customisations but of course, anything can change between now and release. I believe this is either a bug, an oversight, or some technical thing they are doing in the background that we don't fully understand. Whilst the possibility exists that they have changed their mind, I very much doubt that to be the case. I am sure we will know very shortly as the options they do intend to use are integrated into the character creator.

Oh, so Kul Tirans are a race?