Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Corruption Vendor Cycles

Morning

So struggled to make it to work this morning, Pulled up to get petrol but unfortunately it was on this weeks cycle, only Diesel & LPG were on the vendor this week. So as my car was stuck on the forecourt and i got a the bus to work, Everyone who needed Diesel and LPG were able to fill up and zoom away.

Why , what is the reason there is a cycle of Corruption, waiting 5 weeks for your own to come around :-0

timegate

1o char

Corrpution vendor cycle aside, there's something wrong with a person comparing real life to a game.

This shouldn't really be shocking to anyone - they do it to inflate played hours, and to create an artificial sense of urgency and need to play.

Likely also random which means nobody who still wants corruptions can stop playing for more than 4 days at a time, as if you knew the corruption you want is available in 4 weeks you could just stop playing until then.

Simple as shit. Somewhat scummy, but mild as far as scumminess in this industry goes.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Licketysplit77 View Post
    Morning

So struggled to make it to work this morning, Pulled up to get petrol but unfortunately it was on this weeks cycle, only Diesel & LPG were on the vendor this week. So as my car was stuck on the forecourt and i got a the bus to work, Everyone who needed Diesel and LPG were able to fill up and zoom away.

Why , what is the reason there is a cycle of Corruption, waiting 5 weeks for your own to come around :-0
    it's only 4 weeks btw; 52 corruptions, 13 a week. and to be honest, I want mine to be the last that come out... because by then I will be able to get 2 or 3 rather than 1.

Get an electric car then.

On a serious note, having your BiS corruptions aren't mandatory for anything. Sure it sucks having to wait but I'd rather have this than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Corrpution vendor cycle aside, there's something wrong with a person comparing real life to a game.
    On the plus side at least it's not yet another food analogy. I like eating as much as the next guy but it makes me worry that like 90% of all comparisons on this forum are food related.

Having the player be subscribed for longed, even if the player is simply waiting for yet another round of change.
    Which in turn increases the metrics that tell the suits in charge that the players are happy and that this is a good system, because we are all subscribed still.

Rocket science.

doesnt really matter for sub numbers. if you are subbing/unsubbing then corruptions really dont matter for you. if you are playing regularly you should already have enough corruptions. if you are playing in an eviroment where min/maxing matters you should also have enough maybe one or two to fill up.

overall its a positive. people wanted vendors now we have it but its not enough again.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    On the plus side at least it's not yet another food analogy. I like eating as much as the next guy but it makes me worry that like 90% of all comparisons on this forum are food related.
    Wasn't so long ago where many foods were in fact seasonal(and some still are), so maybe it's for the better it wasn't, because it would have completely sunk the point right in the harbour.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Im trying to not get mad at petty things IRL and on the forums.

But i always get mad at "timegates for the sake of timegating and without another game design purpose"

And i think you will always see me mad about it on the future.

The real life comparison is not so strange...if you consider a "timegate" disrespects your real life time.
    Its a total disrespect...thats why i get mad about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    All to pump up MAU, they just dont care anymore, they give out small QoL/improves to keep ppl playing, not too much at once, JUST enough to keep ppl coming back.

They simply dont respect the players time when they pull this sort of stuff.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Wasn't so long ago where many foods were in fact seasonal(and some still are), so maybe it's for the better it wasn't, because it would have completely sunk the point right in the harbour.
    True but unfortunately the food analogies aren't even that deep and interesting, just "imagine you order steak at a restaurant" or "imagine you order Nuggets at McDonalds" or "imagine your ordered a cheese pizza from Pizza Hut".

7+ Year Old Account
    Get an electric car then.

On a serious note, having your BiS corruptions aren't mandatory for anything. Sure it sucks having to wait but I'd rather have this than nothing.

Cause the people complaining are mostly americans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    All to pump up MAU, they just dont care anymore, they give out small QoL/improves to keep ppl playing, not too much at once, JUST enough to keep ppl coming back.

They simply dont respect the players time when they pull this sort of stuff.
    What the fuck are you talking about?
    How does it pump up MAU?
    Please explain to me how this makes someone log in during a month, they normally would have unsubbed?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Having the player be subscribed for longed, even if the player is simply waiting for yet another round of change.
    Which in turn increases the metrics that tell the suits in charge that the players are happy and that this is a good system, because we are all subscribed still.

Rocket science.
    How does it make the player sub for longer?

Idk if you know, but people dont go farm forever to get a corruption, put it on their gear... then quit...

Please, tell me, why the fuck would someone spend weeks to go through the trouble to enchant their gear, only to quit
    no the people using this system are farming it, to make their future runs better and faster...

"Hey i just spent 3 weeks to farm this corruption onto my gear! time to quit the game now until corruptions are removed" you fucking serious?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Sure it sucks having to wait but I'd rather have this than nothing.
    Just wanted to make sure.
    So people like you know exactly this is a scheme to keep people subbed longer but you simply "dont care because is better than nothing".

I think is all fun and games at this point...but if in the future Blizzard designs the game around this system because it "keeps players subbed longer"
    It will be the death of a game, for me at least.

---
    @FelPlague

If you feel so adamant this isnt a scheme to keep players subbed longer...care to explain why this is a thing?

To make it clear, you think this is not a "timegate for the sake of timegating".

So...what is it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    So people like you know exactly this is a scheme to keep people subbed longer but you simply "dont care because is better than nothing".

I think is all fun and games at this point...but if in the future Blizzard designs the game around this system because it "keeps players subbed longer"

---
    @FelPlague

If you feel so adamant this isnt a scheme to keep players subbed longer...care to explain why this is a thing?

To make it clear, you think this is not a "timegate for the sake of timegating".

So...what is it?
    Why is it a thing?
    1. hopefully to not overload the average player with massive choices
    2. A way to add variety, and while manipulative, RNG excitment "Finally my thing is up!"
    3. to keep corruptions still in somewhat of a check, they are buyyable now yes, but you cant get them right away

Timegating and MAU has become such a fucking buzz word

Oh fucking classic wow is the fucking worst, full of timegating, i have to wait 4 days to make a mooncloth, so it takes me weeks to make my armor!? fucking timegating.
    oh i can only do molten core once a week!? fuckign timegating!
    oh i can only do onyxia every 3 and a half days? FUCKING TIMEGATING, MAKING ME WAIT HALF A WEEK TO DO ONYXIA
    wow i can only do zg ONCE EVERY 3 DAYS wtf blizz timegating, let me do ZG every day.

no, sometimes yes, things are timegated, but in favor of the player and the systems in it.

Please, yes, fuck it, lets say its timegating, but question is, why do you think its timegating in the way to attempt to "milk MAU"

Cause please, tell me most players were about to quit but went "oh shit i can buy corruptions now!" and are waiting... 3 weeks... to get their corruption, then they can quit! cause... they bought an enchant for armor, then they can quit... and that enchant waste away... yeah no, the people farming these are not going to quit once they have them. they are going to get them and use them.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Cause the people complaining are mostly americans.

- - - Updated - - -

How does it make the player sub for longer?

Idk if you know, but people dont go farm forever to get a corruption, put it on their gear... then quit...

Please, tell me, why the fuck would someone spend weeks to go through the trouble to enchant their gear, only to quit
    no the people using this system are farming it, to make their future runs better and faster...

"Hey i just spent 3 weeks to farm this corruption onto my gear! time to quit the game now until corruptions are removed" you fucking serious?
    Maybe not 100% of players, but uh yea, people do actually quit over this. You may not even know any personally, but I know many who have. And I'm sure I am not alone here.

Once you achieve everything you think you can acquire, then you are simply done at that point. You can elect to continue pushing, parsing, farming, whatever; but there are those, in fact, who just quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post

---
    @FelPlague

So...what is it?
    the expansion is over whats there for timegateing? its a little thing you can do. again if you play regularly this is trivial. if you log in once a week what does it matter?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post
    Maybe not 100% of players, but uh yea, people do actually quit over this. You may not even know any personally, but I know many who have. And I'm sure I am not alone here.

Once you achieve everything you think you can acquire, then you are simply done at that point. You can elect to continue pushing, parsing, farming, whatever; but there are those, in fact, who just quit.
    Yeah no, thats not how people work.
    People who were just about to click uninstall on the game, were not suddenly stopped in their tracks and now playing for another... 3 weeks... so they can get the perfect corruptions... to not use cause then they are going to quit.

that is not how people work mate. i mean if you have a few people you can show me sure, but people are not going to resubb, just to get their best corruptions, then quit again.

and even if they were, that would not change even if they were all available at the start. cause that would stil require them playing for the month, which means they paid their 15$

I feel like the only fucking way you would be happy, is if they had added every corruption to the vendor, and made them all free, cause even if they were all available at once, you would still cry "wow forcing us to grind corruptions through currency!? wow boosting MAU!"

i garuntee you are a right out liar, people do not go "oh i should resub to wow to get my BIS corruptions" log in, grind their corruptions, then quit again.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-05-24 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Why is it a thing?
    1. hopefully to not overload the average player with massive choices
    2. A way to add variety, and while manipulative, RNG excitment "Finally my thing is up!"
    3. to keep corruptions still in somewhat of a check, they are buyyable now yes, but you cant get them right away
    1- How is not having all options always available less overwhelming? How is preventing you from buying them any better?
    2- Variety? This system only makes more room to make the mistake of buying something you dont want...but is the only thing available at the time.
    3- Your third point is the one that makes the most sense...IF im not mistaken you can "sell" on the AH this corruptions, correct?

So is this system to keep the Auction House in check?

Quote Originally Posted by Licketysplit77 View Post
    Morning

Sounds like you were still able to get where you needed. Just had to put in a little extra effort to get there. No problem seen.