Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Tim Curry playing Pennywise in the 1990 telemovie production of Stephen King’s IT.

He still haunts my dreams, literally.

I have a recurring nightmare where red balloons will appear as a precursor to IT popping out and savaging me.

Don’t know what it is about the film. In many respects it’s completely shit. Some primal fear about clowns / werewolves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Probably this guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_De...er_(TV_series)

Quite a few people who grew up in the 90s in the UK will probably remember that face.
    Demon headmaster

Weird thread title but the only thing that really creeped me out when I was younger was the idea of home invasion.

If I did have nightmares, which I had a few. It would be of shadows not actual people creeping into the house while I was vulnerable in my bed.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Being alone was and still is my greatest fear. I cant stand being along I go mad

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Tim Curry playing Pennywise in the 1990 telemovie production of Stephen King’s IT.
    That was originally a TV movie? TIL I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    @Cinnamilk You'd understand my old platypus terror then. I was maybe four or five and had been reading about them. They were just too strange and knowing they also had poisonous spurs on their feet ruled out "cute". A bad dream moved them from just creepy to being the source of screaming nightmares for a year or so.
    @Queen of Hamsters Yep, the MLP story sounds way too familiar. Yay for not being able to get restful sleep, lack of REM probably produces a similar effect for me.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gray Aliens. People who had the same thing as a kid know the deal.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    ^ I also saw Robocop as a child, but that particular scene was cut out from the version being shown on TV here... o.O
    Didn't see the full cut until much MUCH later in my late 20's.

I find it odd that they cut that scene out, when it was shown late LATE at nights (I videotaped it) and always had a disclaimer telling what its age rating was... Literally in these words: "This movie is not suitable for children"... Not that I listened.
    You are kind of answering your question.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Gray Aliens. People who had the same thing as a kid know the deal.
    You should read earlier in the thread, we shared which alien abduction movies traumatized us most

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    You should read earlier in the thread, we shared which alien abduction movies traumatized us most
    Im going to bet Fire in the Sky is mentioned before I even look.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I think it was zombies in general. I found the concept horrifying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    I hate horror movies, but i don't remember to erver had any irracional fear for anything. I offcourse had nightmares but none related with anything special. I remember that i once had a nightmare were i was running away from spiders, even that i don't suffer from arachnophobia.

Platypus are cute, except males have venom...
    Now that i think, there was something that bothered me, this...

Those Lizard creatures, that was creepy, but i still watched the show anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    It was a TV mini series.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Spiders. Due to stupid tales my grandmother would tell me. I eventually got over it, tho it only well into my 20's. I'm OK with them now and they don't really trigger any specific reaction in me anymore. Oddly enough I think video games helped with it quite a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Aliens on that show bothered me less than "Inbreeds" which creeped the hell out of me.
    That’s kind of interesting, because a lot of the foundation that formed the image of the grey alien, comes from this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_War_of_the_Worlds
    These secondary Martians are bipedal, nearly 6 ft (1.83 m) tall, and have "round, erect heads, and large eyes in flinty sockets"; however, their fragile physical structure, made up of weak skeletons and muscles, would have been broken by Earth's heavier gravitational pull. It is possible that these creatures are not native Martians, but similar to the Selenites described in Wells's other interplanetary work, The First Men in the Moon.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_First_Men_in_the_Moon
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account

When I was young my mum brought a series of tape cassettes that released each week which narrated classic horror stories like dracula, mary Shelley's Frankenstein, hound of the baskerville, and this one, the picture of Dorian grey. Each cassettes came with a magazine that talked about the story the cassette narrated, along with pictures in the magazine. I was so terrified of this rendition of the deformed and malific look of the titular picture showing the evil within Dorian grey that even a glace of it gave me nightmares as a young kid

Funny thing is, I love horror today in books, tv, movies and YouTube narrated creepypastas.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2020-05-24 at 01:25 PM.
    #boycottchina

Gremlins. Scared the shit out of me. Had my mom open every cupboard and closet in the kitchen and my room when I went to bed (I brushed my teeth in the kitchen), to check for gremlins. Now I have a Chinese Crested called Gizmo, so I'm over it

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    If you like Stephen King or that kind of thing, I’d definitely recommend tracking it down as it’s worth watching. As I said, it’s pretty bad in places but for whatever reason I just found Tim Curry as IT ridiculously frightening. Still haven’t watched the reboot / recent film.

@shadowmouse I can see that. A lot of childhood fears are pure emotional response, whether they make sense in latter scrutiny or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    You are kind of answering your question.
    I didn't really ask a question, more stating the facts.

Nowadays when they show it during prime time, the scene is in.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Weird thread title but the only thing that really creeped me out when I was younger was the idea of home invasion.
    Yeah, had plenty of sleepless nights worried over that sort of thing.
    Too much a potential reality here even now.