Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    As long as anonymity exists on the internet, toxicitiy will exist on the internet. Till then, there is NOTHING you can do about it.
    Not true, toxicity can be cured by convincing people to be calm and rational and most importantly to focus on arguments about ideas/policy as opposed to attacking sources.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Not true, toxicity can be cured by convincing people to be calm and rational and most importantly to focus on arguments about ideas/policy as opposed to attacking sources.
    LOL yeah, you're a funny guy

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    LOL yeah, you're a funny guy
    No I'm being 100% serious. It really can be done as we long as we work hard enough to spread positivity and defeat things like pessimism and cynicism.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-05-24 at 07:16 AM.

So this popped up on my feed.

Do you think "Drama channels" should be free to do whatever they want?

In my opinion this people are just being "Robin Hoods" and ruining peoples lives on purpose because they think they are doing something "good".
    And what do you think happens when random Johny Be Good has the power to cause angry mobs to fight for him?
    A friggin mess is what i call it...
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-05-24 at 07:26 AM.

Being on the internet is like watching TV don't like the channel switch it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Social media is a horrible platform, not so much the internet itself. Twitter is the harassment platform of mob mentality. Outside of being great to promote small businesses twitter has no other purpose other than to harass people you don't like with no consequence.

No one would tolerate such toxicity in real life yet on social media it's totally fine to troll, to harass, to bully, and be just a piece of shit.

I can name three large instances in the last month where social media proved to be an outstanding piece of trash.

J. Scott Campbell getting harassed because he dared draw people a certain way.
    Hana Kimura: Netflix star and Japanese wrestler commits suicide at 22 years old due to trolls from social media.
    FerociouslySteph a twitch council member who was harassed to oblivion for daring to express an opinion about voice chat

No I'm being 100% serious. It really can be done as we long as we work hard enough to spread positivity and defeat things like pessimism and cynicism.
    This is something I try to do but I feel like I am fighting a very strong current :P

Funny thing is negativity is like a drug, especially on social media, people crave and want it and want to be apart of it. Hearing about something that will upset you is more appealing to a lot of people than something that would make you happy or agree with.
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-05-24 at 11:20 AM.

Speak to the left wing about this.

They are the complete masters at attacking people rather than policy.

10+ Year Old Account
    What happens when the toxic, convince people they are calm and rational?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Macd123aw View Post

Wrong.

A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    So this popped up on my feed.

Do you think "Drama channels" should be free to do whatever they want?

In my opinion this people are just being "Robin Hoods" and ruining peoples lives on purpose because they think they are doing something "good".
    And what do you think happens when random Johny Be Good has the power to cause angry mobs to fight for him?
    A friggin mess is what i call it...
    They are getting what they deserve. I’m sorry if I don’t give a shit, that a group that has been founded on self righteous moral indignation, which is often misguided if not just overblown, is getting a taste of their own medicine. It’s pretty interesting watching these people fight each other, with fan bases spamming sponsors to get the other guy ruined.

Who could have guessed that drama channels, would be swallowed up by drama.

- - - Updated - - -

When warnings about a pandemic are treated like a hoax attacking your leader, these attacks by the left not only seem justified, but life saving. Think about that... Democrats attack Trump by warning him, while Trump calls them arsonist. Trump defined attacks on him by democrats, when he called warnings of a pandemic, a democrat hoax attacking him.

We are at 97000 dead Americans...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    They are getting what they deserve. I’m sorry if I don’t give a shit, that a group that has been founded on self righteous moral indignation, which is often misguided if not just overblown, is getting a taste of their own medicine. It’s pretty interesting watching these people fight each other, with fan bases spamming sponsors to get the other guy ruined.

- - - Updated - - -

When warnings about a pandemic are treated like a hoax attacking your leader, these attacks by the left not only seem justified, but life saving. Think about that... Democrats attack Trump by warning him, while Trump calls them arsonist. Trump defined attacks on him by democrats, when he called warnings of a pandemic, a democrat hoax attacking him.

We are at 97000 dead Americans...
    "Trump is morbidly obese". Nancy Pelosi.

You don't get more childish than that. Absolutely nothing to do with policies whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... and? Did you just reply with Trump being obese, to him calling a pandemic a hoax? How many lives were lost as a result? The same amount as Trump insulting Nancy for years?

I’m sorry, when Trump claims to have the same stats as an NFL linebacker, his mor it obesity is fair game.

You don't get more childish than that. Absolutely nothing to do with policies whatsoever.
    Pokahantus and Sleepy Joe, are the arsonist that we need to worry about? lol

Edit: Dude... he called Joe Scarbogh a psycho just a couple of days ago, the day after he got shit for insinuating he murdered someone.

Edit 2: Is that what is driving toxicity? Much like Trump being a spoiled baby that can’t take it, but sure as hell can dish it it out. The anonymity of the Internet, creates a similar facade as being a billionaire, where you praise your self for the honesty of attacking others, but shrivel when tables are turned... because money and anonymity, never bought you self awareness. They just block you from effects of scrutiny...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Wrong.
    The discussion of policy is hilarious... Last I checked, Trump supporters are not chanting “give corporations a tax cut”, but “lock her up”.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-05-24 at 12:45 PM.

Fake Outrage.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fake Outrage.
    Did she put her hands in front of her stomach and wobble around?

Trump is the king of punching down:

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    If you wish to participate at least respond to what i wrote, if you are going to make assumptions you might as well make it a monologue.

This is the second time you replied to me, claiming i am telling or demanding people to do something which i am not. So good talk i suppose? *shrug*

If you are asking why a certain type of reaction or action leads to certain consequences you can be held accountable for, that's more a conversation you should have with your parents and/or teachers, if they failed don't worry there will be plenty of teaching moments in life to come.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't believe that is true, if we look at social media. People are openly toxic under their real name in front of all they know. It might have some impact but i do not think it does that much.

Social media also make bank on extreme personalities and opinions so they are opposing any sort of filter for content only when it really gets too far it gets removed.
    I think the problem is I am addressing the logical ends of your argument and I can understand that is frustrating.

The internet is really the modern wonder of the world it allows for the free exchange of ideas in a manner never before seen history. Your desire as much as I am willing to credit likely comes from a positive place of trying to make people more comfortable is none the less a drive to censor and stifle other people for what at the end of the day is for nothing more then your own personal comfort and that can never and should never be portrayed as a noble goal.

If people commit criminal actions they should be charged. If people share a shocking opinion or a view you simply don't agree with or find offensive... tough. Ideals are meant to clash its the only way things get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

I agree with you 100%

They are being eaten by th same hungry/angry dogs they raised and by their own community.
    If thats not saying something...i dont know what is.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Social media is a horrible platform, not so much the internet itself. Twitter is the harassment platform of mob mentality. Outside of being great to promote small businesses twitter has no other purpose other than to harass people you don't like with no consequence.

No one would tolerate such toxicity in real life yet on social media it's totally fine to troll, to harass, to bully, and be just a piece of shit.

I can name three large instances in the last month where social media proved to be an outstanding piece of trash.

J. Scott Campbell getting harassed because he dared draw people a certain way.
    Hana Kimura: Netflix star and Japanese wrestler commits suicide at 22 years old due to trolls from social media.
    FerociouslySteph a twitch council member who was harassed to oblivion for daring to express an opinion about voice chat

This is something I try to do but I feel like I am fighting a very strong current :P

Funny thing is negativity is like a drug, especially on social media, people crave and want it and want to be apart of it. Hearing about something that will upset you is more appealing to a lot of people than something that would make you happy or agree with.
    I've said it before and I'll keep on saying it. A lot of the crap that people put on full blast on the internet, especially on Twitter, would probably be worthy of an IRL ass kicking if they said the crap they do online to someone's face.

Fake Outrage.
    Is this the new left wing equivalent of "fake news"

Is this the new left wing equivalent of "fake news"
    I like to call it "outrage for entertainment"

This people are getting paid for outrage. They need a new story everyday.
    And they dont care if is a lie or even if someone gets hurt.

It's okay for Trump to be that childish though right?

Why aren't you outraged at Trump? Oh right, because you are a liar.