Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    I mean the nightelf quest at the end was 'rescue 930-something nightelves', which is apparently genocide, so 200-500 seems extremly bad aswell.
    I don't think that ingame quest was meant to portray the true scale. Dumb as it may be, Blizzard has stated that a majority of night elves lived on Teldrassil so an actually huge chunk of them died in the burning.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean the nightelf quest at the end was 'rescue 930-something nightelves', which is apparently genocide, so 200-500 seems extremly bad aswell.

Goblin story did kinda end there tho, gallywix wasnt even around anywhere until fuckin bfa. The biggest goblin stories we had was, 'hey look its gazlowe, remember him?' in wod and then the shenanigans in bfa.

And its not just goblins, but all races except nightelves orcs and humans that lack massive spotlight.

Worgens only real story so far was graymane getting stomped four times by the horde, for example.
    Orcs, Humans, Forsaken get to be relevant and actually accomplish stuff consistently.
    Night Elves get to be relevant but only to be punching bags.
    Blood Elves and Goblins are less relevant but do contribute in their own way. Goblins have their whacky quests and the useful tools they builld and Blood Elves always have some political or magical involvement and are generally presented in a positive light.
    Tauren, Darkspear Trolls and Worgen are just left irrelevant. Gnomes, too, generally, but BfA gave them some attention. The Worgen heritage quest basically tells the player "ok maybe you don't want to be Worgen." Unreal, lmao.

Goblin story did kinda end there tho, gallywix wasnt even around anywhere until fuckin bfa. The biggest goblin stories we had was, 'hey look its gazlowe, remember him?' in wod and then the shenanigans in bfa.

And its not just goblins, but all races except nightelves orcs and humans that lack massive spotlight.

Worgens only real story so far was graymane getting stomped four times by the horde, for example.

Sure if you ignore Aszhara. As for the other races sure they should, but the night elf have an open plot line.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure if you ignore Aszhara. As for the other races sure they should, but the night elf have an open plot line.

Tyrande is going to lose Malfurion this expansion and she is going to go through more shit, then realize what Illidan has went through and fall in love with him at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    And part of me hopes we come back to a roasted Darnassus.

Oh wait
    To be honest i agree. I think both Lordareon and Tedlrassil would be far more interesting doing something new with.

it's my honest opinion, it would be interesting to see the alliance develop something there, and for the Forsaken to gain new ground elsewhere.

Also Teldrassilcould make an amazing raid or end level dungeon, with lots of places previoulsy never explored, opened up. In addition the night elves would be a lot more i nteresting making a new home elsewhere, top candidates would be Feralas or Suramar would be very interesting with a nightborne d ynamic.

If you ask me, blizzard shoul d make the decision based on what is good for the story, and spinning something interesting and new, rather than pandering to fan wish and sentiment - i would only do that when fan wishing can lead to something interesting. The most boring option would be everything returning back to normal - that would be very bad, because it would show that established classic zones are bascially locked in their original format. Was Lordaeron never going to see some sort of restoration, were night elves forever going to be locked to a tree ?

Not being biased here at all, I know alliance want both Lordaeron and Teldrassil, they want everything, can't have both, but if you ask me to pick one, despite me liking the forsaken, story and game wise, allaince taking Loraderon is far more intersting, while Teldrassil becomign an end game zone or new dungeon is more intersting than the horde owning it or the night elves restoring it.

New home for forsaken in Icecrown for me is the most interesting solution - it has a fit to it, but lots of dynamics in play with Lich King, San'layn, scourge etc
    New home for Night elves in Broken isles, in particular Suramar also has a fit to it, with lots of dynamics, - interaction with the Nightborne, Moonguard, the cathedral of Eternal night and all the interplay betweent he two groups - i expect hostilities ofc, but even corporation would be a stunning and intriguing move.

ofc the are other options. Ferals would be the most logical choicefor the night elves, it is not as intersting a mix ad the broken isles - it's bordered by Desoalce and 1k needles, neither of which are intersting to be honest, and not much dynamics or play going on - it's nowhere near the hotspot or historical play you get with Suramar and the Broken isles, but it's a solid choice.

Hyjal is ruled out, that is firmly druid domain, i can't see druids or teh cenarion circle kicking out other races, including horde druids just because the night leves are making it thier home now. - historically before they moved to Hyjal, the night elves were from Suramar and originated from Zin'Azshari at the centre of the Well of Eternity that created them. Hyjal is a long vigil home where the new well was protected.

Forsaken have other options too. on the Eastern Kingdoms they can shift westward into the plaguelands. However EPL and WPL are so boring as plaguelands - they were some of the least intersting zones to me when levelling up, while somthing could be happening there, I can't help but find other options like Icecrown and Thermaore ruins more interesting.

Theramore ruins is another stratgic location. Ofc, the Forsaken can have both Icecrown and Theramore ruins, Theramore is a strategic port, and control of it in addition to Orgrimmar, reallly makes the horde dominate the eastern seaboard, not to mention central and southern Kalimdor are much stronger in favour of the horde with Tehramore abse of operation. Fantasy wise, it fits the undead theme of coming out of human ruins, but i would not like a repeat of hte Undercity, the Forsaken are much closer to their original humanity now than they were at their genseeis, so i expect a goth like, Adam's apple like rebuilding. What the Venthyr have in Shadowlands would be perfect for the forsaken.

Nowthe Venthyr home would be the perfect location, but it's in the shadowlands, so producing something similar to it in THeramor would be ideal for the Forsaken and could be their main new home or an additional one to Icecrown.

Stratholme is the final location that could work for the Forsaken, but i tink the EPL is better used as a restored zone with conflict between the Thalassian elves with the high elves and void elves aided by humans encouragin into Quelt'halas' borderlands making anew elven/human mixed kindgome, while all sort of interesting politics and maneouvres happens with the elves in the north. Stratholme itself has been a necropolis for a long time, to it would be interesting if something totally new was done with it, but it would also work as a new forsaken home. It however is a bit too similar to Stormwind tbh, and I much like the idea of Icecrown or a venthyr like base home in Theramore for them.

Night elves moving to EK has also being talked about, but tbh, it seems like a waste. Sharing with Worgen and humans is silly for a race that has 15 zones tailored after them, not to mention that 4 of the broken islezones were a nutshell summary of the night elves - which would have been perfect for them to be at home while fighting to reclaim Kalimdor, allowing the much bigger spaces of Ashenvale, Feralas, Azshara, Stonetalon, Desolace and Feralas to be hot warspots. Broken isles just as a lot more historically going for the NElves than northern Kalimdor does, especially with Hyjal being more a wild god and druid thing, with only their Well of Eternity there, I would move the Well of Eternity to the Broken Isles instead or give the Nelves another Well there alongside another world tree in Shaladrissl, while Hyjal / Moonglad etc becomes Druid capital for the world.

I think talking about the broken island as new home for any races is not worth talking about, they will touch that isle never again.
    Hyjal is not ruled out at all, in fact, Tyrande moved there wither people and the nelf military at the end of patch 8.3. It is the most likely place they move to if they do a world revamp or maybe a heritage armor questline.
    Moving the night elf anywhere else then Kalimdor would be a waste (that includes isles around it). So the only other place I could see that they move to is Feralas but only if they want to increase the Shendralar influence within the night elf community. But I really doubt that, Shen'dralar will be always the unloved stepchild.

In the end, Hyjal is probably the best Zone for night elfs by far, night heaven will probably still be neutral, which should not be a problem at all (personally I would prefer if it wasn't). Teldrassil was a mistake.