Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by InflaterMouse View Post
    Making players participate in game modes they have no interest in will always be a bad idea.

But how they figure out people are unhappy with decisions they make currently I think falls on the $ gain or lost.
    Thing is - this RPG genre heritage, you will gain advantage when you do participate in all of the content. You PvP and PvE you will have advantage on anyone who only does one of these. You farm M+? you will have advantage over people who only do one a week.
    I hated agility leveling in Runescape, but I had to do it. Same in Lineage. Different activities fall perfectly inline where you do game modes which do not influence one another. LoL - ARAM/Twisted/Classic/dominion or whatever that was. CoD - zombie, campaign, TD and so on. It's a short game where you choose to play that only.
    WoW was the closest to this in legion with BG's being template stats. It could have been the same in TBC with resilience gear, but then again, you meet people out in the world who don't play that mode and you have advantage over them. The only way to make people to not have to do something - not let them interact with players who do that activity remove any influence that their uncommon activities have (give them templates) and only leave the common things (talents/spells)

MrGM is my favorite WoW YouTuber. No bullshit, no random conjecture rants, no opinion, just awesome showcase and discussion of new content. Only puts new content out when there's something new worth talking about, Bellular would have made 8 filler pieces in the same timeframe.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    MrGM is my favorite WoW YouTuber. No bullshit, no random conjecture rants, no opinion, just awesome showcase and discussion of new content. Only puts new content out when there's something new worth talking about, Bellular would have made 8 filler pieces in the same timeframe.
    MrGM isn't primaliry a YouTuber then. If he can afford not toupload when there is no new things on PTR, he has other primary spurce of income.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    MrGM isn't primaliry a YouTuber then. If he can afford not toupload when there is no new things on PTR, he has other primary source of income.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    MrGM isn't primaliry a YouTuber then. If he can afford not toupload when there is no new things on PTR, he has other primary spurce of income.

- - - Updated - - -

MrGM isn't primaliry a YouTuber then. If he can afford not toupload when there is no new things on PTR, he has other primary source of income.
    Not all YouTubers monetize and capitulate the money making scheme YT has to offer. Others just enjoy what they do out of passion and probably are still in an infant stage of amassing followers, then they may finally decide to monetize while others receive donations or sponsorship to support their cause.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2020-05-22 at 06:57 PM.

I never thought I would say it, but I've come to believe that Asmongold is now the most reasonable and fair WoW content creator.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Hahaha. This is just objectively not true, and it's the entire reason I went from watching 100% of Preach videos to 0%. He made a video at the beginning of BFA accusing everyone else of "rewriting history" by saying that Legiondaries weren't amazing. In that video, he said that when he got his Sephuz he was happy with it even though it wasn't his BiS, because he could "make decisions around it" - except that when he got Sephuz, it was literally broken in raids because it only applied on hard CC, which bosses are obviously immune to. He also regularly complained in Legion that his mage was completely useless bench material because he didn't have bracers, but once BFA rolled around that wasn't a problem and never happened.

That single video completely destroyed all respect I had for him because he completely ignored reality in favour of going along with the herd mentality of "azerite sucks and everything we had before was better". In Legion he made videos about how his own fucking raid team were rerolling alts of the same class as their mains because they got "bad" legendaries, then BFA rolls around and he said that never happened and it was just some drama that people made up. If you're still a fan of his even though he has no integrity whatsoever, more power to you. He and Bellular have both just completely jumped the shark in my opinion and turned into money hungry "haters".
    Go watch the video again. He’s refuting the point the Legion legendaries were boring, and nothing else. And indeed, they weren’t boring, it’s their method of acquisition that was awful. But that wasn’t the point of the video.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by experimentOne View Post
    I never thought I would say it, but I've come to believe that Asmongold is now the most reasonable and fair WoW content creator.
    The obnoxious, basementdweller who lives in a litteral trashheap and eats maggots? Yikes....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Welcome to Influencer Culture.

It wasn't always like this. Time was, you did stuff and determined if you liked it. Websites existed, but we're mostly for looking up quests and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    The obnoxious, basementdweller who lives in a litteral trashheap and eats maggots? Yikes....
    A lot of the obnoxiousness is just a bit, and it's a bit that he does less and less every stream. If you watch some of his YouTube videos where he discusses WoW, especially the more recent ones, you can see he's got some really reasonable takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post

It wasn't always like this. Time was, you did stuff and determined if you liked it. Websites existed, but we're mostly for looking up quests and whatnot.
    Yup ten years ago every human being (except you of course) collectively forgot how to think for themselves.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    A lot of the obnoxiousness is just a bit, and it's a bit that he does less and less every stream. If you watch some of his YouTube videos where he discusses WoW, especially the more recent ones, you can see he's got some really reasonable takes.
    I still find him utterly pathetic, he's basically a breathing trashcan. Good for him though that he's managed to make a living out of it though, but jesus is he disgusting.

I still find him utterly pathetic, he's basically a breathing trashcan. Good for him though that he's managed to make a living out of it though, but jesus is he disgusting.
    What's so disgusting/pathetic? He's known for having a messy room (which he cleaned recently), but otherwise he shows up to stream in clean clothes and just plays the game. He also lives at home because he cares for his elderly disabled mother. I think his worst habit is probably drinking so much soda, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    DO NOT speak for me in regards to game design. Give your opinion , that's fine, but stop talking like its fact.
    I feel like there is a lot of projecting here. I don't watch many Bel videos, but I did watch that one. I don't recall him ever saying he was speaking for everyone or that what he was saying was objectively factual. I'm pretty sure he kept using words like "feel", which tells you it's a subjective opinion, which you note is fine. I suspect the reason he talks like it's fact, it because that's how it feels to him. That's the truth as he feels it.

I happen to agree with Bel on this one. I don't care to feel rushed when I do instances. I find I don't/can't enjoy them as much. I'm all for Blizz ramping the difficulty to the point that I fail, and I hoping I get to try new attempts at it after I die/fail without having to run full weekly quests first.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    What's so disgusting/pathetic? He's known for having a messy room (which he cleaned recently), but otherwise he shows up to stream in clean clothes and just plays the game. He also lives at home because he cares for his elderly disabled mother. I think his worst habit is probably drinking so much soda, lol.
    He's a maggot eating, trashbreathing manchild. But again, good for him that he's managed to have a cult - honestly says more about his fans than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post

Meh, every one seems to think their generation/time is unique, but the truth is a lot of what we do culturally is repetitive. Only the medium changes. Before the internet, we had magazines and newspapers. Those gaming monthly magazines influenced the gaming culture to a very similar degree that the internet does now. There were just fewer voices back then. But the voices that were there still fancied themselves an expert and an influencer.

- - - Updated - - -

He's a maggot eating, trashbreathing manchild. But again, good for him that he's managed to have a cult - honestly says more about his fans than him.
    None of what you say is true. He doesn't eat maggots and he doesn't breath trash. I'm not sure what your definition of "manchild" is, but it seems likely it will be very subjective, and likely applicable to anyone by anyone else, so that part is meaningless. So I'm still interested in knowing what you find disgusting/pathetic, or are you good now that you know he doesn't eat maggots or breath trash. If you actually thought that was true.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Meh, every one seems to think their generation/time is unique, but the truth is a lot of what we do culturally is repetitive. Only the medium changes. Before the internet, we had magazines and newspapers. Those gaming monthly magazines influenced the gaming culture to a very similar degree that the internet does now. There were just fewer voices back then. But the voices that were there still fancied themselves an expert and an influencer.

- - - Updated - - -

None of what you say is true. He doesn't eat maggots and he doesn't breath trash. I'm not sure what your definition of "manchild" is, but it seems likely it will be very subjective, and likely applicable to anyone by anyone else, so that part is meaningless. So I'm still interested in knowing what you find disgusting/pathetic, or are you good now that you know he doesn't eat maggots or breath trash. If you actually thought that was true.
    Oh really now? https://www.reddit.com/r/LivestreamF..._baby_maggots/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfpGQSC_o7I https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRFi...o&index=3&t=0s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3Qg...&index=4&t=88s https://www.reddit.com/r/LivestreamF...maggots_again/, oh and then of course the whole rotten teeth thing too - Yes wonder wonder as to what it is that I find disgusting....

You can keep bring up stuff that's up to 11 years old but the fact is in the past couple of years he's really pulled his shit together and proven to be a genuine guy. Especially after he got together with Pink Sparkles, which is a feat unto itself

That's fucking disgusting holy shit. Asmongold really needs professional mental help and tbh so do his fans. Twitch streamers always seem to have a screw loose.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    You can keep bring up stuff that's up to 11 years old but the fact is in the past couple of years he's really pulled his shit together and proven to be a genuine guy. Especially after he got together with Pink Sparkles, which is a feat unto itself
    Doesn't really change that it's disgusting does it?

I guess I should have gone back to confirm who you were talking about. Thought you were just being vitriolic about Bellular. I concede all your points about Asmond. YouTube likes to recommend his video until I tell them to stop. Seems his videos are geared toward male teens, so just doesn't fit with anything I find entertaining.

~ Daryl Davis