Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    But it’s not even real time gating because specs like Arms and Destro already got their BiS corruption this week. So they are already finished.
    Until you get a new piece with better item level (or stat priority).

You get insanly excited! Woo woo! Time to corru...oh wait...is not up at this time.

Time to play the waiting game. Man...i get so triggered by the waiting game. Im sorry guys

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    To be fair, even with right corruptions on N'zoth Mythic I wouldn't say it's ez mode with right corruptions. You're less likely to be behind on add damage and bursting N'zoth down before people lose sanity but it's still going to be a shitshow if people aren't doing mechanics correctly. Plus if you had enough gold in the bank you could easily just buy out the BoEs with your best corruption.

If people were going to be elitist about late N'zoth kills then they'd already be doing so after the hotfix nerfs.
    I know I am an extreme example as my rng this tier was so awful im stuck using surging as my best corruption as a DH. If I swap over to full gushing even after the nerf its over a 30% damage output increase.

If people had perfect corruptions the moment the vendor hit it would of acted close to a end of expansion nerf for most players already progressing on the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    But it’s not even real time gating because specs like Arms and Destro already got their BiS corruption this week. So they are already finished.
    What are you on about?

I tried to search for documented blizzard blue posts for reasoning to timegating.
    Only found this one but there is probably more out there:

Icecrown Citadel staggered raid progression:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We believe a staggered release of the content will allow players to experience Icecrown Citadel at a sustainable, measured, and ultimately more enjoyable pace

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    I know I am an extreme example as my rng this tier was so awful im stuck using surging as my best corruption as a DH. If I swap over to full gushing even after the nerf its over a 30% damage output increase.

If people had perfect corruptions the moment the vendor hit it would of acted close to a end of expansion nerf for most players already progressing on the boss.
    To a degree, but depends where the guild is in progress. If they're regularly hitting secret phase then yea BiS corruptions are going to be a massive boon.

If they're still wiping to bad anguish placement then BiS corruptions aren't going to do much.

Its one thing to randomize a vendor that sells toys, transmogs, mounts whatever...

But to randomize a vendor that sells items directly effecting player progression is something I just can't wrap my mind around.

- P

To a degree, but depends where the guild is in progress. If they're regularly hitting secret phase then yea BiS corruptions are going to be a massive boon.

If they're still wiping to bad anguish placement then BiS corruptions aren't going to do much.
    True but it would be a substantial buff across the board. I know even just having a few people get their bis corruptions so far (mage in my guild managed to farm 3 in the first week no lifeing it )) has been extremely noticable.

I honestly think that is why they staggered them out. To stop people from doing what they did during the mythic invitationals and just stacking the good stuff hard off the bat.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Dude, i get triggered by simple timegates of "currency being capped per week" or "come again next week and do this for several weeks"

Imagine a DOUBLE LAYERED timegate! (>_<) Ofcourse i would get triggered

You are right "this is better than nothing" because we could still have only the RNG system.
    But i got triggered by the double-layered thing i hate the most.
    "I get triggered by weekly capped currencies" but somehow weekly locked raids, half week long locked crafting professions, weekly locked honor levels. And 1 month locked battlegroun d holidays. Among many others are all fine and dandy.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    Its one thing to randomize a vendor that sells toys, transmogs, mounts whatever...

But to randomize a vendor that sells items directly effecting player progression is something I just can't wrap my mind around.

- P
    Except it's not random.

7+ Year Old Account
    I tried to search for documented blizzard blue posts for reasoning to timegating.
    Only found this one but there is probably more out there:

Icecrown Citadel staggered raid progression:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We believe a staggered release of the content will allow players to experience Icecrown Citadel at a sustainable, measured, and ultimately more enjoyable pace
    And yet it took 2 months for the entire raid to release. Which was fucking horrid. Again you have fallen into "time gating is good, but only back in my day. New time gating is bad!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post

- P
    Not randomized. Also it doesn't really effect player progression that much.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I am not the guy you quoted, but...yeah...it is there to keep everyone subbed longer. Whoop dee doop. The truth is finally out and y'all knew it anyhow.

So now what?
    Hey, im just saying im not a fan of it and will absolutely NOT play a game entirely designed around this.
    I already stop myself from doing "weekly caps for 1 month" for a reward.

I didnt farm ANY of this things in BfA. (and there is a lot of them)
    Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    True but it would be a substantial buff across the board. I know even just having a few people get their bis corruptions so far (mage in my guild managed to farm 3 in the first week no lifeing it )) has been extremely noticable.

I honestly think that is why they staggered them out. To stop people from doing what they did during the mythic invitationals and just stacking the good stuff hard off the bat.
    It's great for helping to clean up phases, it's just not like say Argus where pushing DPS gets you into the next phase quicker which in turn lowers damage taken by raid because previous phase mechanics are phased out.

Either way it might have something to do with it, but if that were the case we probably wouldn't have seen specific corruptions (like mastery rank 2) pop up in the very first rotation as mages are already pretty integral in the N'zoth fight.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    And yet it took 2 months for the entire raid to release. Which was fucking horrid. Again you have fallen into "time gating is good, but only back in my day. New time gating is bad!"
    Do you have some kind of fetish about putting things in peoples mouth?

I never said that. I didnt even gave an opinion on that blue post.

It's great for helping to clean up phases, it's just not like say Argus where pushing DPS gets you into the next phase quicker which in turn lowers damage taken by raid because previous phase mechanics are phased out.

Either way it might have something to do with it, but if that were the case we probably wouldn't have seen specific corruptions (like mastery rank 2) pop up in the very first rotation as mages are already pretty integral in the N'zoth fight.
    Its just a guess at the end of the day. My hunch is they just don't want to make it seem like a massive nerf by having every single person get this bis so soon. I could very well be giving them far to much credit and this is a simple time gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Licketysplit77 View Post
    Why , what is the reason there is a cycle of Corruption, waiting 5 weeks for your own to come around :-0
    So that you are subscribed for 2 more months.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I know you are not a fan of it. And that is fine. Everybody should have and express their opinion and base their decisions on what game to play around it.

Bit confused about the contradiction of "will absolutely NOT play a game entirely designed around this" and "I didnt farm ANY of this things in BfA". Not sure if the cop-out word here is "entirely", but with your strong feelings about timegates, i was sure you don't even play BfA.

But since you apparently do and just not farm any of these things...well...sending a strong message to Blizzard here, I guess....by giving them your money but only doing selected activities.
    From the top of my head:
    -No flying
    -Only have the rank 3 PvP essense because is non timegated
    -I have no other rank 3 essence that requires doing weekly caps every week.
    -Reputations (i have none)

Cant remember more stuff...but there is probably more things i didnt farm because i hate playing the "waiting game".

7+ Year Old Account
    Do you have some kind of fetish about putting things in peoples mouth?

I never said that. I didnt even gave an opinion on that blue post.
    Funny cause I literally mentioned time gating raids. And you said "those are good timecards for the player and game"

Again you keep saying I out stuff in your mouth but we can go right back and qoute that.
    You are only making a fool of yourself by presenting us with timegates THAT MAKE SENSE and are for the greater good of game design and for the players.

This one...makes no sense...and is for the greater good of no one.
    - - - Updated - - -

From the top of my head:
    -No flying
    -Only have the rank 3 PvP essense because is non timegated
    -I have no other rank 3 essence that requires doing weekly caps every week.
    -Reputations (i have none)

Cant remember more stuff...but there is probably more things i didnt farm because i hate playing the "waiting game".
    Flying takes less then a week to obtain. I got it as one of the world first within 5 days. And during the double rep event that was going on for a month you coulda got it in 3 days. Especially with contracts out now.

Lol the rank 3 PvP essence was timegated, you needed to wait weeks for the item to drop from your weekly chest. Holy fuck shadow, have you even played shadowlands?

Also you've never ever done reps? Cause again idk if you know... But reps have been time gated since vanilla my dude. Why are you playing a game for 15 years you fucking despise?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    So that you are subscribed for 2 more months.
    Lol what? Why wouldn't the person just unsub, wait for the thing to appear and sub? Also no one is staying subbed just waiting to buy their corruption. Then unsub.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    This shouldn't really be shocking to anyone - they do it to inflate played hours, and to create an artificial sense of urgency and need to play.

Likely also random which means nobody who still wants corruptions can stop playing for more than 4 days at a time, as if you knew the corruption you want is available in 4 weeks you could just stop playing until then.

Simple as shit. Somewhat scummy, but mild as far as scumminess in this industry goes.
    Orrrr, you could just stop playing until shadowlands, which is what most people are going to do
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Flying takes less then a week to obtain. I got it as one of the world first within 5 days. And during the double rep event that was going on for a month you coulda got it in 3 days. Especially with contracts out now.

Lol the rank 3 PvP essence was timegated, you needed to wait weeks for the item to drop from your weekly chest. Holy fuck shadow, have you even played shadowlands?

Also you've never ever done reps? Cause again idk if you know... But reps have been time gated since vanilla my dude. Why are you playing a game for 15 years you fucking despise?.
    I was talking about the only non timegated PvP essence...the battleground one.
    Not the...you know...timegated one...

And there was a time where you could put a tabard and farm non timegated reps.
    In vanilla you can farm furbolgs non timegated also. It just takes a long time, but is NOT timegated.

Lol what? Why wouldn't the person just unsub, wait for the thing to appear and sub? Also no one is staying subbed just waiting to buy their corruption. Then unsub.
    That's still at least 1 additional sub.