10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BigStones View Post
    So a company makes hundreds of millions on the pandemic? Building "temporary hospitals" without them even being used?
    Same company apparently made a billion on Trump's wall.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I blame the parents, mostly.
    Off topic:
    Absolutely, parents always siding with their "superspeshil" brat is a problem. I had no such luxuries when I was a child.
    Also, I think many a child diagnosed with ADHD etc has other issues. I for instance reacted really badly to any kind of chemicals in food.
    Like food-colors, taste enhancers etc. Especially problematic when eating cheap kiddie candy. I would act out and have 0 impulse control, couldn't focus on anything and so on.

Fun fact: I realized that as a child and started to refuse the candy b/c it felt pretty bad (and I was getting the angry parent thing to boot).
    My parents paid attention to it once we figured it out and only gave me chemical free stuff.

No medication needed, just less crap candy, no problems since. Today, I still read what's in the menu before buying anything and avoid stuff that has too many artificial ingredients.

/OT

Apparently one of our Provinces "Thüringen" wants to lift any and all Corona related restrictions come June 6.
    Oh boy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I blame the parents, mostly. Before when i was younger and at school your parent siding with you over what a teacher said was a rare occasion nowadays and i hear this quite a lot of people who teach themselves as that it's the complete opposite, so i ask you how are these teachers suppose to create discipline and call them into line when their parent(s) tell them to ignore the teacher.

It's an impossible situation to be in, so it's a bit too easy to state it's their job. I also find it is not the teachers job to raise their child in the first place and teach them manners, especially not when they expect them to pander to the kid. Now i am not saying we need to go back to the times getting hit by a ruler or humiliated is the way forward but this whatever this modern day situation is not something that works either.
    except some of the teachers here didn't even want to work with the ed kids to help them with the behaviorial problems they just basically treated us like every other kid and refused to make any accomodations no matter how small. also question. have you been diagnosed with an actual learning disability? cause i have so i can speak from actual experience. it feels like a part of yourself that other kids have is missing. that part that tells you to stop or this is bad just isn't there. so exactly how do you propose they fix that? (short of a lobotomy which is barbaric and atrocious.) or are you one of those people who think adhd and stuff like that is fake medical diagnosis?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Posted without further comment.

CDC warns of 'unusual or aggressive rodent behavior' in search for new food sources

Link to CDC website

- - - Updated - - -

It's a lot like purchasing a handgun for home defense and complaining that nobody ever broke in.
    i don't know if that says more about the quality of the restaurant or our relation to the ecosystem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Off topic:
    Absolutely, parents always siding with their "superspeshil" brat is a problem. I had no such luxuries when I was a child.
    Also, I think many a child diagnosed with ADHD etc has other issues. I for instance reacted really badly to any kind of chemicals in food.
    Like food-colors, taste enhancers etc. Especially problematic when eating cheap kiddie candy. I would act out and have 0 impulse control, couldn't focus on anything and so on.

Fun fact: I realized that as a child and started to refuse the candy b/c it felt pretty bad (and I was getting the angry parent thing to boot).
    My parents paid attention to it once we figured it out and only gave me chemical free stuff.

No medication needed, just less crap candy, no problems since. Today, I still read what's in the menu before buying anything and avoid stuff that has too many artificial ingredients.

/OT

Apparently one of our Provinces "Thüringen" wants to lift any and all Corona related restrictions come June 6.
    Oh boy.
    mine has nothing to do with diet and everything to do with the fact that i was born 3 month early because my birth mother was on all kinds of drugs and as such my brain did not develop fully giving me all kinds of brain related issues such as adhd and epilepsy.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    or are you one of those people who think adhd and stuff like that is fake medical diagnosis?
    I don't question that there are Kiddos that really have issues.Absolutely. I have read about things like visual and auditory perceptions not being entirely in "sync" and thus creating huge strain and problems for Children in terms of acquiring the information and staying focused. Being surrounded by other children that do the thing they struggle with seemingly effortlessly also leads to a lot of frustration, which manifests itself in further antagonism.

But I also believe that ADHD is often misdiagnosed and stuff like Ritalin is seen as a silver bullet / quick fix, when better parenting could have helped w/o having to pump chemicals into the poor kid. I had contact with people in the field (ergo therapists) that thought the same way.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2020-05-24 at 09:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't question that there are Kiddos that really have issues.Absolutely. I have read about things like visual and auditory perceptions not being entirely in "sync" and thus creating huge strain and problems for Children in terms of acquiring the information and staying focused. Being surrounded by other children that do the thing they struggle with seemingly effortlessly also leads to a lot of frustration, which manifests itself in further antagonism.

But I also believe that ADHD is often misdiagnosed and stuff like Ritalin is seen as a silver bullet / quick fix, when better parenting could have helped w/o having to pump chemicals into the poor kid. I had contact with people in the field (ergo therapists) that thought the same way.
    oh yes it is definitely misdiagnosed encourged along by the pharmacy companies that often give doctors "kickbacks" in the u.s. for overprescribing drugs to patients who may not need it.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    except some of the teachers here didn't even want to work with the ed kids to help them with the behaviorial problems they just basically treated us like every other kid and refused to make any accomodations no matter how small. also question. have you been diagnosed with an actual learning disability? cause i have so i can speak from actual experience. it feels like a part of yourself that other kids have is missing. that part that tells you to stop or this is bad just isn't there. so exactly how do you propose they fix that? (short of a lobotomy which is barbaric and atrocious.) or are you one of those people who think adhd and stuff like that is fake medical diagnosis?
    Never was formally diagnosed with anything it was suspected i had dyscalculia as i could flip numbers around in my head but i never had big issues learning the logic behind math and i also have great spatial visualization so who knows if i actually have it or not.
    I did mean i needed more time for several courses which i did not get as math is in everything and if it had been officially diagnosed now i probably would have gotten far better grades in certain courses and would without doubt made me feel less dumb, i literally had teachers stating i would have to work hard and long whole my life. Mostly because some tests were several pages long of calculus and considering i had the habit of flipping numbers around like 57 into 75 it made correcting certain tests probably a nightmare for them. However proved them wrong a decade later
    That being said in my time you had to get lucky if you got more time for being dyslexic or anything else, you generally got written off as being "troublesome". So don't try to lecture me on this

I wouldn't say that every kid with adhd should be considered to be a fake diagnosis but i do know we went through a time that every kid who had some sort of issue would be labelled as such and given drugs. Kids here do get support and our public schooling system in Belgium is still among one of the best i believe, teachers also can't opt out in not bothering with someone.

Also not sure how you came to that conclusion, because i didn't blame the kid in any of my post but the parents. However i am going to say this and it will come across harsh but i believe kids that do have special needs and have a certain level of autism do need their own school or place, because they need much more attention and don't belong in a regular class room, it doesn't work well for them and it is not great for the rest of the class either.

This is also getting wildly off topic.

This is also getting wildly off topic.
    That tends to ja[[em to everyone who gets into a discussion with the big funny bread man.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

I see Dominic Cummings believes that rules are for thee but not for me. It is good to have someone in government who is unelected and above the rules to make sure that the UK doesn't have decisions made by unelected elites. I wonder if this will have any lasting impact on Johnson's premiership. The number of times I have found myself saying "you're goddamn right Piers Morgan" is getting worrying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

It's a lot like purchasing a handgun for home defense and complaining that nobody ever broke in.
    You have to lure people in and kill them.

FBI does a great job, and posts "I am home alone, and my address is ..." on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    You have to lure people in and kill them.

FBI does a great job, and posts "I am home alone, and my address is ..." on the internet.
    Yeah, total BS. They are never home alone. Although I did get to meet Chris Hansen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Yeah, total BS. They are never home alone. Although I did get to meet Chris Hansen.
    15 minutes of fame!

"Hi mom I'm on TV!"
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Japan ends nationwide state of emergency with restrictions now lifted in Tokyo

World's third-largest economy has seen only 839 deaths so far

Japan, with about 16,600 confirmed cases and 839 deaths, has so far avoided the large outbreaks experienced in the US and Europe despite softer restrictions.

But the world's third largest economy has fallen into a recession, and public discontent over the prime minister's handling of coronavirus has sent his support ratings tumbling. Recent media surveys show public support for his cabinet has plunged below 30 per cent, the lowest since he returned to office in December 2012.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    Weird flex but OK. I hope you'll at least have the decency to stay well away from other people. And yes, it's also about the right kind of mask.
    You should come to UK. NO ONE is wearing a mask in my seaside town.
    -K

This is messed up. Our teachers do not have these liberties.
    These days, ADHD seems to be a popular diagnosis and is used to excuse many things, often enough that includes simply bad parenting. (not directly aimed at you)
    I know kids like these are a pain to deal with but still, it's the job of a teacher to do so.
    Or maybe you're just a bad teacher who doesn't understand their kid's mental issues?

"oh adhd is just used to excuse things" yeah not at all like adhd has a lot of issues that comes along with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    But the world's third largest economy has fallen into a recession
    Save us a seat, Japan. Actually, save us a bunch -- it's going to be a really popular party.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    You should come to UK. NO ONE is wearing a mask in my seaside town.
    As much as I'll miss my nigh-yearly stroll down the Glamorgan coast, I think that given the conditions I'll pass. It's irritating enough here where the majority of people wear masks (albeit more often than not incorrectly, touching it, lowering it to have a drink, or keeping it as some sort of collar because they've recently discovered they're "runners"); in the UK I'd probably slit my wrists with a butter knife out of frustration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    in the UK I'd probably slit my wrists with a butter knife out of frustration.
    So you'd replace a 0.2% chance (assuming you are less than 65yrs old and not a risk patient like me) and replace it with a 100% chance of dying?
    That does not strike me as very logical. :O

Also, don't underestimate them butter knives!

Save us a seat, Japan. Actually, save us a bunch -- it's going to be a really popular party.
    As I've posted a few times politics will be calling the shots.

So you'd replace a 0.2% chance (assuming you are less than 65yrs old and not a risk patient like me) and replace it with a 100% chance of dying?
    That does not strike me as very logical. :O

Also, don't underestimate them butter knives!
    Taking seriously what was obviously meant to be a hyperbolic joke doesn't exactly strike me as logical either, but I don't think you actually took it seriously, right? It was probably just for the bants (though these days you never know).
    P.s. I'd take a spoon over a butter knife. "Go for the eyes, Boo, go for the eyes!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

Just gotta share: My cousin (half-cousin) is at the emergency. Why? Because she drank quite a lot of rubbing alcohol because she "suspected corona in her throat". She's as old as me, 34.

I try to stay out of contact with that side of the family, but saw this on the Book of Faces and facepalmed so hard I think I caused permanent damage.