Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    as a system WM is proly the best pvp addition since arenas,however i rly dont agree with the bonuses to pve,give bonuses to pvp,extra honor instead of ap for example,i get that they are trying to get non pvp people to try it,but the fact you can easily opt in and out is insentive enough over forced servers,but giving masive pve bonuses for doing pvp is just wrong design

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    they cant balance factions so not its never going away... until they understand that factions are crap and a outdated system
    Thats not a warmode problem. In fact ive seen more Wpvp with Warmode than before the system was implemented. How was it a failure?

Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    Thats not a warmode problem. In fact ive seen more Wpvp with Warmode than before the system was implemented. How was it a failure?
    People are literally incapable of understanding that without buff that actually gives you something useful, ally wouldn't turn it on.

Like poster above you.
    Honor is worthless, pvp currencies and their bonuses is worthless, extra gold is worthless.
    It has to be something that actually matters and in this case, a bonus to whatever WQ you are trying to do (because obviously, you pick WQ based on rewards mostly)
    So you are not interested in some bonus shit.

And since it works, its a damn success. Huge improvement over forced pvp servers.

The 4th war is over. Warmode in Shadowlands should be Covenant vs Covenant not Horde vs Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    Do we know something about warmode in Shadowlands?

Will the alliance recieve +30% bonus during the whole expansion again?
    Actually it is not staying. Since we are at an armistice between the factions all PvP activities are being removed until some Horde psychopath starts a war again. This is why there have been no news on PvP yet. Got the info fresh from my brother at Blizzard HQ. Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by SLRRP View Post
    THANK YOU!!! THIS GUY GETS IT!

I'm so sick of the shortsighted "Errr just turn it off" comments. The game intentionally waives a ton of benefits in front of you and apologist players can't seem to comprehend why the feeling of having to turn them away sucks. So I get to choose between passing on benefits and getting my game experience completely ruined by getting ganked? Gee thanks devs!
    The problem is not really that Warmode exists in it's current form. It is that the playerbase is getting rewarded for ruining the experience of other people.
    If you create a quest of killing 25 people in a huge area then you can bet your arse that people will group up and gank single players that just wanna quest and be left alone, what are they supposed to do? Ask nicely for a duel every time until they get those 25 kills after hours and hours? No one is ever going to go for that option.
    World PvP always brings out the worst in people. They will wait for you to engage some elite and stab you in the back while you are low already, or if they can't do that they will jump you with 5 others, just to avoid any and all risk. No one does World PvP because they want a fair fight.

At least with WM you can control if you wanna play on that field and when I do I am fully concious that I might get ganked, but I also have no reservation of doing it myself (though by now, I have no need for the rewards anymore, so I usually don't), it's just how it works. PvP should just be confined to BGs.
    Last edited by Raisei; 2020-05-25 at 01:36 PM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    If you are only in warmode for 10% more rewards there is no help for you and you deserve whatever aggravation you get.
    came here to say exactly the same!

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    came here to say exactly the same!
    Yeah, right. I would bet that about 89% of the people having WM on at this moment do it for the rewards. Why else would you even have it on? Because you enjoy jumping people that don't wanna fight you, keeping them from whatever they actually wanted to do and wasting their time just because you can?

That is a much shittier reason then just the rewards really.

There is no decent fun in World PvP because it is not meant to be a fair fight. I did it mechanically because I wanted my rewards, but to enjoy it, I would need a challenge out of it and there is none.
    If you try to go solo you get ganked when other people are in groups, so it is no challenge, because you never stood a chance (bar being heavily higher in gear), if you go in groups then the opponent has no chance, no challenge again. Maybe you have the luck that your group finds another group and you beat on each other for a few seconds but that is absolutely the expeception.

The forever buff and extra weekly quest the alliance gets needs to go away. They need to sort out WM phasing and get away from it constantly being completely 1 sided to one faction or the other all the time.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    No one does World PvP because they want a fair fight.
    I'd even say noone who does gear based pvp wants a fair fight. But if someone invented chess this day, it would have to have progression based power levels, cosmetics, achievements and constant, but not satisfying, balance patches.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Don't really mind WM but please if we are going to have neutral quest hubs disable pvp in them or just do something like in Mechagon. I don't care about being ganked in the open but flying to quest handler and then getting owned by 5-6 hordies who are then spawn camping, so even if i ress I cant hand in quests feels stupid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SLRRP View Post
    I'm so sick of the shortsighted "Errr just turn it off" comments. The game intentionally waives a ton of benefits in front of you and apologist players can't seem to comprehend why the feeling of having to turn them away sucks. So I get to choose between passing on benefits and getting my game experience completely ruined by getting ganked? Gee thanks devs!
    So just turn it off. It is that simple. Either the benefits outweigh the negatives or you turn it off. That is what optional is.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The extra bonus was added on 11th December 2018. After almost a year and a half, it's not going to change significantly. Maybe the first 2 or 3 months after the next expansion release, and then back to what we currently have.

As as I've seen, the Horde never got the extra bonus on EU realms, and the Alliance got a +20% almost all the time, with a few weeks with a +40%.

The system is broken, since people can jump servers to change shard and then, most of the time, EU realms end up filled with Alliance ganking a few Hordes on some shards, and viceversa. Weekly outdoor pvp quest end up being a waste: either you stay on a shard where 2 or more groups camp you to get the kills bacause there's only 4 or 5 of your faction on the zone, or you group to go to another shard and do exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    There is no decent fun in World PvP because it is not meant to be a fair fight. I did it mechanically because I wanted my rewards, but to enjoy it, I would need a challenge out of it and there is none.
    Exactly. War Mode is meant to simulate a war - and war is about using superiour force and numbers to crush your opponent.
    War Mode is not supposed to be "challenging". If you want challenging combat versus players you should play rated arena or battle grounds.

Blizzard has never ever supported the notion that world pvp should be "fair", "balanced", "honourable" etc. All that are player-created illusions.
    Blizzard has created the bonus so those that enjoy to crush their opponents with superiour force and numbers can get inferior opponents to crush.

War Mode bonus is a "bribe" to participate in a game mode that most sane people would never do willingly.
    So either take the bribe and accept the outcome or turn off war mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    Do we know something about warmode in Shadowlands?

Will the alliance recieve +30% bonus during the whole expansion again?
    Alliance will more than likely keep it off due to the number of horde, but nothing hs been set in stone ... ITS AN ALPHA, we can all bitch when it goes live dont worry

the people howling about how unfair the bonus is just refuse to understand that warmode means that you can't just stroll around doing your daily routine like they do with it turned off. so that's why it is there. is there going to be times when you don't encounter any hostile players? sure. but the chance is pretty high that you will. at least that's how it was last i played so i sure hope it carries over.

only real issue with it is the sharding/server hopping shenaningans.. don't know if that's still a thing but if it is that needs some looking into.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Can't believe people play with gankmode on. It's moronic. If I want to PvP i'll enter the arena or a BG. When im doing my dailies etc, I don't want the hassle of having to deal with trash.

Non pvper here, haven't touched it since wrath because I suck at it. Horrendously.

I for one, am all for keeping warmode in. WM has been perfect in my books. I get a quiet life while leveling with it off, then when I level my alts the number of people leveling has dropped. I can count the number of times I've been ganked while leveling and only one of those times the guy corpse camped. More than happy with that trade off for the exp
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Back when there were PVP servers, I used to play the vigilante in Hellfire Peninsula and STV, sometimes the Valley of Four Winds first flightpath, looking for Horde who can't mind their own businesses and were trolling Alliance. But now there is NOBODY! there. There is NOBODY! anywhere.

Well-fucking-done, Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    People are literally incapable of understanding that without buff that actually gives you something useful, ally wouldn't turn it on.

Like poster above you.
    Honor is worthless, pvp currencies and their bonuses is worthless, extra gold is worthless.
    It has to be something that actually matters and in this case, a bonus to whatever WQ you are trying to do (because obviously, you pick WQ based on rewards mostly)
    So you are not interested in some bonus shit.

And since it works, its a damn success. Huge improvement over forced pvp servers.
    This biggest problem is theres no incentives to play alliance even with the bonuses. Horde has objectively better races, better lore, more active role in the story, a better raiding community, and better racials. Even in a world where all those things are far less of an issue and no warmode(Classic), you are seeing servers with 99% Horde which in my opinion is FAR worse than Warmode ever could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Can't believe people play with gankmode on. It's moronic. If I want to PvP i'll enter the arena or a BG. When im doing my dailies etc, I don't want the hassle of having to deal with trash.
    On my server it is very seldom you are attacked by people. If it happens it is the usual Horde Gank squad that is camping some point of the invasion/assault. About 80% of the time it is free bonus azerite and gold, so *shrug*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    This biggest problem is theres no incentives to play alliance even with the bonuses. Horde has objectively better races, better lore, more active role in the story, a better raiding community, and better racials. Even in a world where all those things are far less of an issue and no warmode(Classic), you are seeing servers with 99% Horde which in my opinion is FAR worse than Warmode ever could be.
    I disagree on all of these points. Alliance has much better races, does not constantly get pushed into being the mass murdering villain of the story and I got a guild that has not yet let me down on raiding. Racials are not that good anymore since the Belfs were nerfed, Mechagnomes have some of the most useful ones ever and don't forget Shadowmeld.
    I only missed a race with a decent body type, now that we have Velfs, all is fine.