10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    It was probably just for the bants (though these days you never know).
    Of course.
    Though there is more to it than just friendly, humorous banter. I'm also interested as to why you made this statement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I try to stay out of contact with that side of the family, but saw this on the Book of Faces and facepalmed so hard I think I caused permanent damage.
    Great, now two people need the ER treatment. Leave them spots for the Corona patients!

[QUOTE=Queen of Hamsters;52367457]Just gotta share: My cousin (half-cousin) is at the emergency. Why? Because she drank quite a lot of rubbing alcohol because she "suspected corona in her throat". She's as old as me, 34.

I try to stay out of contact with that side of the family, but saw this on the Book of Faces and facepalmed so hard I think I caused permanent damage.[/QUOTE

Tell her she could've used non-denatured alcohol at least. Seriously though, I lost my ability to be surprised by this kind of things, which is... discomforting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Of course.
    Though there is more to it than just friendly, humorous banter. I'm also interested as to why you made this statement.
    The one about butter knives, or the "these days you never know" one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

10+ Year Old Account
    The one about butter knives
    That one. Though I am more talking about the frustration part in regards to the UK.
    Was that aimed at people willfully ignoring the new Corona guidelines or at people being to incompetent using the masks correctly?

Regarding the rubbing alcohol: yeah it does take a special breed... didn't know one could ingest isopropyl.

didn't know one could ingest isopropyl.
    Well you can ingest pretty much anything, but in most cases just once ;P

That one. Though I am more talking about the frustration part in regards to the UK.
    Was that aimed at people willfully ignoring the new Corona guidelines or at people being to incompetent using the masks correctly?

Regarding the rubbing alcohol: yeah it does take a special breed... didn't know one could ingest isopropyl.
    The one about butter knives is due to the ludicrous bans or restrictions on a variety of everyday items, both bladed and blunt, that could be used as a weapon, and to some infamous twitter posts (other than the bike wheel, imagine bludgeoning someone to death with a car cassette players or whatever that thing is).
    My disgust towards those who ignore anti-Corona guidelines is universal, and while I can't use the term "disgust" towards those who can't use PPE properly - can't blame them, it takes more than some infographics to use them properly - however those infographics should be enough to not have people use them idiotically, such as wearing them like scarves or go on cross-contamination sprees with disposable gloves.
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

I am happy, where I live we now are allowed to see our friends and family again, we are doing better than any other place in the world right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Oi m8! You got license for that?
    Exactly. And this doesn't apply to weapons (or TV) alone either, the UK has some draconian regulations regarding just about everything. Last time I was in London I found myself in need of a med (which is OTC here, but I still had a prescription and a dated, signed and stamped explanation from my doctor on headed paper, which is something I always bring along when traveling because experience taught me it's better to do so). Went to Boots, asked for it, "sorry, you can't get this without a prescription". Showed the (EU-standardized) prescription and the letter, and was still refused and told to go to a "Medicentre" because they only could give me what I needed with a UK prescription (which is false, but I didn't exactly have the time to call my lawyer). So I went to this Medicentre and was "visited" by a doctor who quickly checked my prescription and letter, photocopied my passport for some reason, and asked three questions (I mean literally, as in 3), and then charged me £180 and finally gave me the bloody prescription. And I wasn't asking for morphine, mind you, this was all for an antispasmodic that's OTC in at least three major European countries that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Just gotta share: My cousin (half-cousin) is at the emergency. Why? Because she drank quite a lot of rubbing alcohol because she "suspected corona in her throat". She's as old as me, 34.
    LoL at alcohol.
    She is a bad listener !

Trump suggested Bleach !

10+ Year Old Account
    Posted without further comment.

WHO temporarily suspends trial of hydroxychloroquine over safety concerns

The Executive Group has implemented a temporary pause of the hydroxychloroquine arm within the Solidarity Trial while the safety data is reviewed by the Data Safety Monitoring Board. The other arms of the trial are continuing. This concern relates to the use of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine in COVID-19. I wish to reiterate that these drugs are accepted as generally safe for use in patients with autoimmune diseases or malaria.

Quote Originally Posted by BigStones View Post
    https://thecity.nyc/2020/05/brooklyn...-patients.html

So a company makes hundreds of millions on the pandemic? Building "temporary hospitals" without them even being used?
    how do you make hundreds of millions off a 21 million dollar project?

LOL maffs am's hards
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Seems suspending is a good idea as there have been 1,700 dead due to hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine in the various trials.

If for some reason someone want's to know how Latvia is doing, then:

https://twitter.com/SPKCentrs/status...11270609481729

1049 cases, 712 have recovered and 22 have died. Currently in hospitals there are 25 medium severity cases, 2 very serious.
    Roughly 100k tests done on a population of a bit more than 1.9 million. I am not sure whether that includes repeated tests for those sick.
    Our curve went flat month ago.

We are doing... fine, I think...? Estonia and Lithuania have a bit more cases, especially the former (smallest of us), with sadly three times more deaths each, but overall the numbers seem negligible.
    There is now a "Baltic bubble" with our internal borders open between the three of us.
    Emergency measures are currently in place until 9th June, no idea what comes after. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Dominic Cummings (unelected but seemingly indispensable hard right SPAD to UK Prime Minister, architect of Brexit, dismantler of the Civil Service) seems to be toughing it out despite hostility from pretty much every section of the UK press and the public for not adhering to Covid lockdown rules in the spirit the UK government is advocating. Preaching one thing, practising another.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52800595

Personally, I don't care whether or not he broke the rules in this case, although I think it's obvious his behaviour will be used as an excuse by the public to flout them and for that reason alone he should be out. What I care about is the arrogant manner in which this unelected extremist is quite literally redefining democratic process in this country. Quoting from the transcript of his statement:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9531856.html

I did not ask the prime minister about this decision. He was ill himself and he had huge problems to deal with. Everyday, I have to exercise my judgment about things like this and decide what to discuss with him.

It was obvious that the situation was extremely serious. The Prime Minister had been gravely ill. Colleagues were dealing with huge problems and many were ill or isolating. I felt like I ought to return to work if possible, given I was now recovering in order to relieve the intense strain at No. 10.

I believe that in all circumstances I behaved reasonably and legally, balancing the safety of my family and the extreme situation in No.10 and the public interest in effective government to which I could contribute.

Unelected. Cunt.

---

Edited b4 accusations of insulting those who are follicly-challenged.

I don't retract the cunt bit, though.
    Last edited by LeGin Tufnel; 2020-05-25 at 08:31 PM.

Italy is popping after they opened bars and restaurants.

They are opening borders to EU citizens next week. Can freely travel with no quarantine.
    Carbonara here I come.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    What could go wrong with that in a country that still has 300-500 new cases daily and over 50k active cases?
    I guess we'll see, from what I understand retired people aka those in danger are not frequenting the bars yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    France's proper trial's preliminary findings also seem indicate that
    a) it doesn't help
    b) it might be harmful
    It will be a few more weeks before we get get final findings out for peer review.

10+ Year Old Account
    and to some infamous twitter posts (other than the bike wheel, imagine bludgeoning someone to death with a car cassette players or whatever that thing is)
    Yup, looks like one of them old Car radios with a cassette slot.
    Understandable frustrations. It's mostly because people do not take the pandemic seriously because either the numbers don't scare them or/and they have not suffered personal losses. You know how it is with us humans, generally we only learn if it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    What could go wrong with that in a country that still has 300-500 new cases daily and over 50k active cases?
    There are some additional factors as well: Italy also seems to have a more than usual multi-generational living, low compliance with public health measures - and large number of employees lacking good health-insurance so that they are likely to go to work when a bit ill.

And Italy needs the tourism money, but we will see what happens.
    Last edited by Forogil; 2020-05-25 at 09:32 PM.

All non-essential retailers will be able to reopen in England from 15 June, Boris Johnson has announced, as part of plans to further ease the lockdown.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-52801...n-from-15-june