5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwuzhere1224 View Post
    I comprehend fine. You quoted him, responded and were incorrect. All there is to it.
    How? Just how? How is it if I was not even questioning that in the first place? Haven't you understood that I didn't questioned the validity of the sentence, but the value of it?

It has zero value the moment the conclusion is useless to anyone, and that conclusion is based on mischaracterization and misunderstanding, how valuable is a comment that shows zero effort into understanding what others say? Can't you see it is a problem that you can't understand this? Jeez...

How valuable and constructive is that, for example, someone is telling his problems to other person, and that other person just tells him that his problems aren't nothing because others have worse?

Others have worse? Of course others can have worse. Is it relevant and valuable to the guy he said it to? No, he will still have that problem regardless if others have worse or not.

Come on, just look at how much explaining you need to be given just because I responded to a comment that was against what I support and support what you do, that's antagonizing behavior taking a toll into your mindedness, that's not okay for the health of the thread's environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    How? Just how? How is it if I was not even questioning that in the first place? Haven't you understood that I didn't questioned the validity of the sentence, but the value of it?

It has zero value the moment the conclusion is useless to anyone, and that conclusion is based on mischaracterization and misunderstanding, how valuable is a comment that shows zero effort into understanding what others say? Can't you see it is a problem that you can't understand this? Jeez...

How valuable and constructive is that, for example, someone is telling his problems to other person, and that other person just tells him that his problems aren't nothing because others have worse?

Others have worse? Of course others can have worse. Is it relevant and valuable to the guy he said it to? No, he will still have that problem regardless if others have worse or not.

Come on, just look at how much explaining you need to be given just because I responded to a comment that was against what I support and support what you do, that's antagonizing behavior taking a toll into your mindedness, that's not okay for the health of the thread's environment.
    Not questioning it? You literally said he didn't understand a thing. You questioned him the moment you quoted his post which was a factual statement as the Silver Covenant is not a race.

You claim it has zero value, but if this was the case, you wouldn't have quoted him to begin with. It's clear you hold value to what he said because it goes against what you believe/like regardless of the fact that's it's true.

It's really not a big deal, I suggest moving on and discussing how High Elves can be reasonably added to the game.

5+ Year Old Account
    Not questioning it? You literally said he didn't understand a thing. You questioned him the moment you quoted his post which was a factual statement as the Silver Covenant is not a race.

You claim it has zero value, but if this was the case, you wouldn't have quoted him to begin with. It's clear you hold value to what he said because it goes against what you believe/like regardless of the fact that's it's true.

It's really not a big deal, I suggest moving on and discussing how High Elves can be reasonably added to the game.
    Literally, -literally- that boiling it all down to 'Silver Covenant is not a race' is something so out of the question that bringing it up means you haven't put any effort into understanding anyone nor the matter. Third time that I repeat myself about that.

I am done, if you can't understand that, then it's not my problem, it's just that being so obtuse about it and signaling as if my voice doesn't hold any value at all is pretty unfair, and in fact, I have brought more rationale and mindedness than you, so... There's that.

Literally, -literally- that boiling it all down to 'Silver Covenant is not a race' is something so out of the question that bringing it up means you haven't put any effort into understanding anyone nor the matter. Third time that I repeat myself about that.

I am done, if you can't understand that, then it's not my problem, it's just that being so obtuse about it and signaling as if my voice doesn't hold any value at all is pretty unfair, and in fact, I have brought more rationale and mindedness than you, so... There's that.
    I understand it completely. You quoted someone, made a mistake and don't like that someone questioned you about it. Your voice does hold value. As much value as everyone that posts here has, so I suggest just moving on like I suggested before and drop the personal attacks.

5+ Year Old Account
    I understand it completely. You quoted someone, made a mistake and don't like that someone questioned you about it. Your voice does hold value. As much value as everyone that posts here has, so I suggest just moving on like I suggested before and drop the personal attacks.
    The only one who made a mistake here was you, I explained very well what I said while you just want to push your personal view on it that is fundamentally the opposite of what I explained it was.

In fact, just look at how much you twisted it that you now say you are that 'someone', when it was another user in the first place that I directed my message at, not you.

Seriously I can't believe this... You are saying I was 'wrong' about something that is not what I said -at all-, you just misunderstood it, purposefully or not, and are just pushing it, and who knows WHY you are doing that.

The only one who made a mistake here was you, I explained very well what I said while you just want to push your personal view on it that is fundamentally the opposite of what I explained it was.

In fact, just look at how much you twisted it that you now say you are that 'someone', when it was another user in the first place that I directed my message at, not you.

Seriously I can't believe this... You are saying I was 'wrong' about something that is not what I said -at all-, you just misunderstood it, purposefully or not, and are just pushing it, and who knows WHY you are doing that.
    And you just made another mistake. I never said I was that someone. The someone in question is the user you originally quoted who stated The Silver Covenant Aren't a race. What you are being mistaken about is the fact that I called you out for being wrong when he was correct.

I suggest moving on already before you continue to make further mistakes.

Hot damn, nearing 900 pages! Time for my little post and see what is going on in the last few pa... Nope. Just nope, still fascinating to see this still going but this current line of thought is just nope. I'm out, see you at 1000.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

5+ Year Old Account
    And you just made another mistake. I never said I was that someone. The someone in question is the user you originally quoted who stated The Silver Covenant Aren't a race. What you are being mistaken about is the fact that I called you out for being wrong when he was correct.

I suggest moving on already before you continue to make further mistakes.
    It was the way you wrote it then.

However, you have, yet again, ignored my explanation... I don't have a problem with the plain comment the guy said, but that it is the conclusion and what he boiled it all to, which, as I said, it's a showing of a lack of understanding and also lack of effort to do so.

And I'm all for 'moving on', it's just that is not fair that you keep painting me as 'wrong' when you are just not understanding.

It was the way you wrote it then.

However, you have, yet again, ignored my explanation... I don't have a problem with the plain comment the guy said, but that it is the conclusion and what he boiled it all to, which, as I said, it's a showing of a lack of understanding and also lack of effort to do so.

And I'm all for 'moving on', it's just that is not fair that you keep painting me as 'wrong' when you are just not understanding.
    A simple statement like the Silver Covenant aren't a race doesn't require much thought and understanding about the subject of playable High Elves. I'd recommend not getting so offended and blowing things out of proportion every time someone says something you disagree with and you wouldn't end up in this situation, Aldo. It's not healthy.

Perhaps you need a break from the forums.

5+ Year Old Account
    A simple statement like the Silver Covenant aren't a race doesn't require much thought and understanding about the subject of playable High Elves. I'd recommend not getting so offended and blowing things out of proportion every time someone says something you disagree with and you wouldn't end up in this situation, Aldo. It's not healthy.

How about you also practice what you preach.

Really if anyone wants to move on from any current topic they just literally stop responding to it.

You’re suggesting others to move on when you’re not doing so yourself.

Better to actually speak on the topic of High Elves.

Everyone’s already pointed out how inane of a comment the “Silver Covenant isn’t a race” was anyway.

Told you before Bob, be the change you want to see!

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    How about you also practice what you preach.

Really if anyone wants to move on from any current topic they just literally stop responding to it.

You’re suggesting others to move on when you’re not doing so yourself.

Better to actually speak on the topic of High Elves.

Everyone’s already pointed out how inane of a comment the “Silver Covenant isn’t a race” was anyway.

Told you before Bob, be the change you want to see!
    I am practicing what I'm preaching. Aldo just keeps replying despite my attempts to tell him to move on. So maybe direct that towards him instead of me? Or is it because he's a Pro Helfer and I'm not? Silly.

5+ Year Old Account

End up in what situation, someone repeating again and again that I'm wrong about something when it isn't true? I don't think that's on me.

I know your 'suggestions' of 'moving on' aren't sincere, and you just want to leave it as is without reconsidering your stance, that, as I repeated, is wrong due to you thinking I meant something that is not how it actually is.

I mean, your stance is that I believe 'Silver Covenant' is a 'race', and that's simply wrong, ergo (and I don't know how to say it anymore) I would have never meant that in the first place, and I have repeated like 3 or 4 times already what I meant. It's mind boggling that you don't want to accept an explanation that I have been very consistent with and just want to push what you say just to attack me saying that I'm unreliable and always wrong. Collateral effects of antagonism I think...

I don't know if you know me from before or anything, but if you have some kind of grudge towards me, just cut it out, please...

End up in what situation, someone repeating again and again that I'm wrong about something when it isn't true? I don't think that's on me.

I know your 'suggestions' of 'moving on' aren't sincere, and you just want to leave it as is without reconsidering your stance, that, as I repeated, is wrong due to you thinking I meant something that is not how it actually is.

I mean, your stance is that I believe 'Silver Covenant' is a 'race', and that's simply wrong, ergo (and I don't know how to say it anymore) I would have never meant that in the first place, and I have repeated like 3 or 4 times already what I meant. It's mind boggling that you don't want to accept an explanation that I have been very consistent with and just want to push what you say just to attack me saying that I'm unreliable and always wrong. Collateral effects of antagonism I think...

I don't know if you know me from before or anything, but if you have some kind of grudge towards me, just cut it out, please...
    No, I want you to move on because we are at an impasse for a topic that has been going on for way too long. I saw your explanation multiple times and I don't believe it one bit. If you had meant what you claim you do, then you wouldn't have responded to that person at all with the rude tone you had. And considering that rude tone of yours has gotten you banned before, one would think you'd be trying to avoid that in future no?

Now I suggest you move on from this cause this is certainly going to be the last time I speak on this and get back to discussing Playable High Elves.

5+ Year Old Account
    I am practicing what I'm preaching. Aldo just keeps replying despite my attempts to tell him to move on. So maybe direct that towards him instead of me? Or is it because he's a Pro Helfer and I'm not? Silly.
    Nah seems more like you're trying to get 'the last word' than anything else. Also sounds like you're trying to say 'he should stop it, not me'. Thing is, you have the power to stop it as well by not continuing to respond to it.

But seeing as you said you're not going to talk about it anymore (by the time of me seeing this), sounds like you've taken a step in the right direction.

- - - Updated - - -

Also just to put it to rest.

"Races" is WoW have never been 'accurate' to races IRL. Races in WoW is a very malleable description for Blizzard.

It's most likely why, although not finalized yet ofc, that the new character creation (CC) screen doesn't designate 'core race' or 'allied race' or even just 'race' at all among its choices.

These "races" are now essentially appearance options. Do you want to be a Human, or an Orc, or a Kul'Tiran, or a Void Elf, or a Blood Elf? No having to tarry around over what denotes 'race' in WoW come Shadowlands.

For now, unless the CC changes.
    Last edited by FlubberPuddy; 2020-05-26 at 04:47 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No, I want you to move on because we are at an impasse for a topic that has been going on for way too long. I saw your explanation multiple times and I don't believe it one bit. If you had meant what you claim you do, then you wouldn't have responded to that person at all with the rude tone you had. And considering that rude tone of yours has gotten you banned before, one would think you'd be trying to avoid that in future no?

Now I suggest you move on from this cause this is certainly going to be the last time I speak on this and get back to discussing Playable High Elves.
    Oh, so there it is, you finally admitted you simply don't want to accept my explanation, nice to see what has been happening with your responses. Now it's clear and settled.

My tone might be rude, but at least I can say my politeness is real. It tends to happen when you are too honest you know? Like, not arguing with others using bullshit.

And yeah, now that you admitted you simply disregard any explanation that doesn't match with how you want things to be, we can 'move on' about it

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Wait, Ion said that blue eyes for blood elves do not make sense. What happened? Did he change his mind? Pretty strange.
    I don't think so. Very probably it's just dataminers showing things and some people forgetting what a game being on alpha means.

And, if what Ion said doesn't hold true, then we can just call him a liar with proof of it.

Maybe it's Void elf options and that's why the files say it's for characters, or maybe it's not intentional, who knows, but Ion said something about it and we will have to wait until actual implementations.

- - - Updated - - -

"Races" is WoW have never been 'accurate' to races IRL. Races in WoW is a very malleable description for Blizzard.
    Yeah, pretty much.

It made more sense years ago since there wasn't repetition of 'races' and every option was just one 'race'. Obviously with it's background so your human has never been Alteraci gameplay wise for example.

Now, it is more flexible, and I don't think a new term is needed since it actually was never factual. Species would have been more correct, but it would have sound too strange in my opinion. To call it races and these races just being 'races of humanoid' is simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Wait, Ion said that blue eyes for blood elves do not make sense. What happened? Did he change his mind? Pretty strange.
    The blue eyes are currently labelled as for player characters but this is likely an oversight as it is alpha. I imagine further down the track these sorts of finer details will be updated. Ion said the blue eyes would not be an option for blood elves so I'd wager that's likely going to be the case. Anything is possible and blood elves could still get blue eyes, but I'd say it's highly unlikely.
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    The blue eyes are currently labelled as for player characters but this is likely an oversight as it is alpha. I imagine further down the track these sorts of finer details will be updated. Ion said the blue eyes would not be an option for blood elves so I'd wager that's likely going to be the case. Anything is possible and blood elves could still get blue eyes, but I'd say it's highly unlikely.
    Indeed, that they can change their minds on any topic is always a given, but it would be unusual if they were to reverse course this rapidly. We can speculate WHY they reversed course in the highly unlikely event it turns out that these blue eyes are intended for player characters, but to do so before hand is putting the cart before the horse.

I watched the wowhead vodcast regarding last weeks' datamining and Perculia is suggesting that these may in fact be for Blood Elf players but may not be the exact shade of blue high elves are getting. I have to disagree with that interpretation. Were Blood Elves to get these options, Blood Elves would in fact have blue eyes. I don't think anyone is going to be obtuse enough to start arguing over shadesof blue, or at least I would hope not. Still, that's a hypothetical for the moment.

This is either an oversight, a bug or intended for void elves. I would be surprised if they were found to be for Blood Elves when there are so many other explanations consistent with what Ion said.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Indeed, that they can change their minds on any topic is always a given, but it would be unusual if they were to reverse course this rapidly. We can speculate WHY they reversed course in the highly unlikely event it turns out that these blue eyes are intended for player characters, but to do so before hand is putting the cart before the horse.

I watched the wowhead vodcast regarding last weeks' datamining and Perculia is suggesting that these may in fact be for Blood Elf players but may not be the exact shade of blue high elves are getting. I have to disagree with that interpretation. Were Blood Elves to get these options, Blood Elves would in fact have blue eyes. I don't think anyone is going to be obtuse enough to start arguing over shadesof blue, or at least I would hope not. Still, that's a hypothetical for the moment.

This is either an oversight, a bug or intended for void elves. I would be surprised if they were found to be for Blood Elves when there are so many other explanations consistent with what Ion said.
    You can never know what Ion is truly thinking at any given notice.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can never know what Ion is truly thinking at any given notice.
    Whilst true, that opens a can of worms in that developer statements wouldn't need to be taken at face value. If you for example didn't like what a developer said about one matter all you would have to do is simply say to yourself that there is a hidden agenda at play, what the developer said didn't count and it can be disregarded. Of course if a developer then says something you DO agree with, to immediately embrace that whilst disregarding what was said previously on another topic could leave you looking pretty hypocritical.

So as we can't see into the hearts of the developers and don't know their secrets, I believe it is best to operate under the assumption that what they say is true because as far as we know, it is true. If it is changed, that will be by future developer commentary. Which is why I think these blue eyes found last week will not become Blood Elf player options. I would most definitely like it if they were intended as such, but I am unable to disregard what was said only a few weeks ago.

Now, they may have changed their minds or their may have been a miscommunication behind the scenes we are unaware of but we can't know that. The last word we have is that Blood Elves won't be getting blue eyes. That can only be superceded by further developer commentary or the blue eyes getting hooked up in the character creator. We will know soon enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    ..."Races" is WoW have never been 'accurate' to races IRL. Races in WoW is a very malleable description for Blizzard.

It's most likely why, although not finalized yet ofc, that the new character creation (CC) screen doesn't designate 'core race' or 'allied race' or even just 'race' at all among its choices...These "races" are now essentially appearance options. Do you want to be a Human, or an Orc, or a Kul'Tiran, or a Void Elf, or a Blood Elf? No having to tarry around over what denotes 'race' in WoW come Shadowlands.

For now, unless the CC changes.
    Very good point here.