Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    All I think t-mog did was encourage the devs to slack on new gear sets.

I think it's a big reason why class sets are no longer a thing.

No it hasnt gone far enough, if its true that you will be able to transmog diffrent shoulders for left and right arm in Shadowlands its a good change, now they just need to loosen weapon restriction alittle.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    is it good for the overall health of the game if everyone "appears" to be completey epiced out with shiny looking gear?

while it gives a lot of customization with how your gear looks, i can't help but feel a little that we lost something when i see a level 24 with all these crazy high end transmog on his gear.

did we loose something without even realizing it?

should we have placed more restrictions on it?
    More restrictions? Fuck that shit, remove all the restrictions - yes even the class restrictions for tiers, they always have offpieces that other classes can use anyways.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post

Question:

Didnt in BFA season 1 the unrated pvp sets were actually different from the "prestige" Warfronts and Arena sets?

This stopped being a thing mid BfA...correct? They are now just recolors for the most part?
    I might be wrong.

edit:

Here is the current situation

Unrated Leather
    https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...mal/901766.jpg
    Rated Leather (prestige)
    https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...mal/901767.jpg

They got a little bit lazy here

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post

Pretty much this, a lot of the new armor looks like horseshit, and it looks like the trend will continue in SL.

Transmog hasn't gone far enough.

There is still one slot we can't hide and we are limited by armor types.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    Pretty much this, a lot of the new armor looks like horseshit, and it looks like the trend will continue in SL.
    Have you seen any Shadowlands armor sets?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Question:

Didnt in BFA season 1 the unrated pvp sets were actually different from the "prestige" Warfronts and Arena sets?

This stopped being a thing mid BfA...correct? They are now just recolors for the most part?
    I might be wrong.

edit:

Here is the current situation

Unrated Leather
    https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...mal/901766.jpg
    Rated Leather (prestige)
    https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...mal/901767.jpg

They got a little bit lazy here
    Unrated is recolor of LFR/Normal/Heroic gear.
    Rated is recolor of the Mythic armor.

So it is problem for all Ny'alotha armor sets.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    Such a wierd statement this, because it implies that every single set of armor in vanilla-wotlk was amazing, which is hilarious. It seems like people can't quite grasp that different people likes different things. For example, most people seem to absolutely love the coming Venthyr covenant vampire-plate armor set; yet I absolutely hate it.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

If commiting to a socially structured Guild with social pressures, interactions, schedules, attendance...then enter a raid and pray for a 10% drop chance...and then pray you win the item...and then repeat this for months

If this is not a friggin journey....i dont know what tha hell is

I gave up this journey because of how demanding it was for me...i was weak and lacked the willpower.
    I still remember your absolutely dumb and asinine thread arguing that because of transmog there are no exclusive looks separating the good and the bad. But there are, in High M+, Mythic raiding or Elite PvP, it's just you're not good enough to get them, so you whine about transmog because you see the good people using them on all their characters once they've earned them on one of their characters of the same armor type.

It's literally the same way it was in Classic. Want the good look? Get it now while it's current if you're good enough so you flex on them plebs, or wait a few tiers or an entire expansion to get it and flex at nobody, because at this point everybody and their grandmas can get the last expansion's raider gear because the difficulty isn't there anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    I still remember your absolutely dumb and asinine thread arguing that because of transmog there are no exclusive looks separating the good and the bad. But there are, in High M+, Mythic raiding or Elite PvP, it's just you're not good enough to get them, so you whine about transmog because you see the good people using them on all their characters once they've earned them on one of their characters of the same armor type.

It's literally the same way it was in Classic. Want the good look? Get it now while it's current if you're good enough so you flex on them plebs, or wait a few tiers or an entire expansion to get it and flex at nobody, because at this point everybody and their grandmas can get the last expansion's raider gear because the difficulty isn't there anymore.
    I have this

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...mal/760413.jpg

And you dont. Dont cry though, not everyone is as cool as me

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Transmog hasn't gone far enough.

There is still one slot we can't hide and we are limited by armor types.
    Removing restrictions on armor types would be bad for the game imo.
    Not only would it look ridiculous if people started mixing cloth/leather/mail/plate, but it would also be impossible to identify a players' class by just looking at their gear.

Also, there's nothing wrong with having some armortypes only available to a specific class. I for one actually do hope that they add some restrictions going forward. Meaning that they shouldn't re-use class specific tier set cosmetics on off-set gear, which any class can use and then transmog.

Talking about recolors and similar sets. Funny, who remembers Striker's Garb and Stormcaller's Garb? Oh and Garments of the Oracle. Nearly forgot Doomcaller's Attire.
    They kinda look… Like the same

And the Dungeon Sets from BC (gonna admit, I like the Raid Sets from BC) but where do i know the PvP-Sets from?

Continue until today.

Take off your Pink-Stained Glasses and stop bashing the current WoW if it has always been like that.

Don't like something, don't do it

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    back in classic the armour appearances gave an indication of what a character had achieved. top dungeon gear was distinctive, raid gear more so. the rest mostly looked pretty plain and/or bad (especially mail/plate helms, every single one of which was a recolour of that same damn ugly helmet. every. single. one). greens really were common, blues were fairly rare and purples were certainly epic. this has not been the case for a long time (many arguments over whether this was a change for the better or the worse but like it or not, it's the direction the game took and it's still getting strong subs and raking in the money) so the ability to transmog into epics and/or top level gear isn't really an issue. people don't look at gear to see what you've done any more, they look at achievements, item level and mythic keys
    Something that began befor transmog was a thing, gear appearance as an indication of how good a player is, was always a very poor metric. As we now know from classic alot of raid items we're actually trash, which is why gear score eventualy became a thing, which eventually lead to ilevels and other metrics the community uses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post

Yea I remember that thread. Turned out he was just a shit player who couldn't do mythic and missed the days 39 others would carry him into a false sense of superiority.

Sad

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Yea I remember that thread. Turned out he was just a shit player who couldn't do mythic and missed the days 39 others would carry him into a false sense of superiority.

Sad
    Also sad is the fact your name is from a videogame that removed transmog from the game because it was crap design
    Your favorite game possibly?

No. In fact, I want even more options and removal of certain dumb restrictions.
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by skajaki View Post
    Removing restrictions on armor types would be bad for the game imo.
    Not only would it look ridiculous if people started mixing cloth/leather/mail/plate, but it would also be impossible to identify a players' class by just looking at their gear.

Also, there's nothing wrong with having some armortypes only available to a specific class. I for one actually do hope that they add some restrictions going forward. Meaning that they shouldn't re-use class specific tier set cosmetics on off-set gear, which any class can use and then transmog.
    So what classes do I play?

WowW needs more transmoggable costumes and silly armor sets. No idea why they restrict brewfest, easter, christmas etc for example. Other MMOs work just fine with allowing players to freely customize their characters with seasonal/event armor/costumes.

Do you want me to feel sorry for having my opinion?

I believe in "journeys" ingame to have rare treasure.

A treasure is only rare if it is scarce...there is no way around this.

Could you please tell me a way to make a treasure "rare" without scarcity?
    We don't agree on much but i agree with you here^^

I think that is a problem in wow as a whole. There is nothing to aspire to anymore as you always look great and can clear everything with minimal effort.

I still remember getting my first shoulders. Looked aweful but felt great. Transmog is one of the reasons leveling feels so bad i think (ONE of the reasons)
    At max level i don't mind transmog. For leveling you need it in a way because otherwise everyone would look like the Heritage gear.

No. It is better than BC questing gear.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    WowW needs more transmoggable costumes and silly armor sets. No idea why they restrict brewfest, easter, christmas etc for example. Other MMOs work just fine with allowing players to freely customize their characters with seasonal/event armor/costumes.
    Nah. I am annoyed by the yeti costume allready. Immersion and such

transmog hasnt gone too far enough. until they remove holiday restrictions and make whites/grays cosmetic, until they remove armor type (plate, mail, leather, cloth) restrictions, they can always go further, and it will never be too far.