10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Italy is popping after they opened bars and restaurants.

They are opening borders to EU citizens next week. Can freely travel with no quarantine.
    Carbonara here I come.
    We kinda have them open here to Croatia.

However any citizen from EU needs to be in 14 day carantene here:
    https://www.24ur.com/novice/korona/k...roaktivna.html
    (use gogle translate)

There are some exeptions for some people.

I hope you get rid of it soon, I'd like to ride down to Dubrovnik from northern Italy.

Convenience stores are returning to self-service...tomorrow.
    Frpm my perspective this is good news.

I'll wait and see if there's a spike in cases before I head out to do anything. I've got an vulnerable person at home, so I can't afford to be a cavalier asshole like some folks.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    It is mostly because some geniuses on Saaremaa decided to invite Italian basketball club right when shit hit the fan in Italy. Then infected home for elderly people there, where lots of death came from.

I'm expecting second wave, though hoping I'm wrong. In the last week people's behavior has changed a lot: majority of people no longer bother with 2m distance, wearing masks is more and more rare. Just before that behavior was the opposite, now many think that since emergency is over, they can do whatever they want.
    I fully expect a spike, dont know how big though, after Midsummer aka Jāņi/Joninės/Jaanipäev. Pretty much inevitable, but honestly who knows? At this point I am starting to worry more about importing cases from other countries, borders should be opening soon. The biggest possible offender in Baltics - Russia.

We now have much more people using masks in public transport (it is required, though), but yeah, discipline in shops has gone down hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I'll wait and see if there's a spike in cases before I head out to do anything. I've got an vulnerable person at home, so I can't afford to be a cavalier asshole like some folks.
    Do you have a set number of cases that "allows" you to go out?
    Considering how COVID might just stay around like flu, surely you will need to start living your life at some point despite the virus being around?

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Do you have a set number of cases that "allows" you to go out?
    Considering how COVID might just stay around like flu, surely you will need to start living your life at some point despite the virus being around?
    I work online and where I live I can get pretty much anything delivered, so I'm not hurting to go out per se. I want to get some better masks before I start heading out regularly. But it appears there's plenty of yahoos in the US who want to harass you if you wear a mask.

10+ Year Old Account
    likewise, looking after my mother, plus I'm type 1 diabetic, which while not on the level of other pre existing conditions counted as a higher fatality rate, theres still reports my type of diabetes is more likely to have issues then the other type, so I'm just gonna stay indoors until this gets better. Luckily I don't suffer cabin fever easily.
    #boycottchina

15+ Year Old Account
    I work online and where I live I can get pretty much anything delivered, so I'm not hurting to go out per se. I want to get some better masks before I start heading out regularly. But it appears there's plenty of yahoos in the US who want to harass you if you wear a mask.
    I'm not sure how true that is. I'm sure there are always assholes out there. I like in a pretty conservative (aka, the anti-maskers) area. The couple of times I have been out I have worn a mask. Not only has no one said anything, but a good amount of others are also wearing masks. Not as many as I would feel comfortable with, but more than I expected.

Russia is the least of worries because borders are closed. If borders were open, then yep, but they are closed and will stay closed for a while. Italy is opening borders and are inviting all tourists, while still having 300-500 new cases daily. It takes only few idiots to go on vacation to a hot spot and bring back presents.
    I meant exactly that, if we open borders. Imho we will have open borders with EU, maybe someone else, but not Russia. They really are not doing great right now and it is clear that their current trend will continue for quite some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Russia is the least of worries because borders are closed. If borders were open, then yep, but they are closed and will stay closed for a while. Italy is opening borders and are inviting all tourists, while still having 300-500 new cases daily. It takes only few idiots to go on vacation to a hot spot and bring back presents.
    Italy is in CCP pockets. Just wait till they fly in chinese again.

Also look at this bullshit:

Using a phone app so you can even use a train :P A health app mind you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whether this is good or bad entirely depends on privacy and security reliability.
    In that regard, i don't trust a Chinese as far as I could throw them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even...

You seem to be living in some shithole where everything is done manually, like in stone age, not realising that some modern countries all move to contactless methods to do pretty much everything. That might explain why those images seem weird to you.

I live in a country where pretty much everything is digital. I can use my ID to sign documents, do banking, buy stuff, pay taxes and so on without ever talking to someone. There is also mobile ID option, which makes it possible to just use phone for everything without ID card reader. The only time I use cash is to pay my car mechanic.

China is even further ahead of everyone in that regard, where you can do everything with a phone. They pioneer contactless stuff, which helps a lot with containing virus.

Welcome to new digital world. If you think it is a bad thing, you are hopelessly stuck in the past.
    Its a tracking app. Pretty much they know what you do, where you where, how fit you are and so on.

Maybe check westworld latest season and you will see why its bad.

Oh and btw, we do have apps like this here, but people refuse to use them mostly. Its just to big change for some. Cash is king.

Also if you look at Taiwan, the corona tracking tech on phones was ignored pretty much by people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even...

You seem to be living in some shithole where everything is done manually, like in stone age, not realising that some modern countries all move to contactless methods to do pretty much everything. That might explain why those images seem weird to you.

I live in a country where pretty much everything is digital. I can use my ID to sign documents, do banking, buy stuff, pay taxes and so on without ever talking to someone. There is also mobile ID option, which makes it possible to just use phone for everything without ID card reader. The only time I use cash is to pay my car mechanic.

China is even further ahead of everyone in that regard, where you can do everything with a phone. They pioneer contactless stuff, which helps a lot with containing virus.

Welcome to new digital world. If you think it is a bad thing, you are hopelessly stuck in the past.
    There are privacy concerns as this is a tracking app and which is why it doesn't work in the EU with all our protection laws, also this is not unique to China which yunru has a hate boner for.
    This is also used in SK and it appears to be if you want to have no lockdown these apps and that sacrifice in privacy is going to be the price to pay. I believe SK was even the first with this considering how quickly and efficiently they tackled the crisis.

Do take note that you don't want to be like China as while this is good, they go far far further and technological advances there are used to control the people and their behaviour, i am not sure how far their point system has been rolled out but the intend is to take liberties and access to leisure away from people who don't behave according to government guide lines. Not something you want, like being prohibited access to a theater because you jaywalked the street.

We should be very careful about wanting such tools because even in other nations like post 9/11 USA people gave away far too much far too easily for the sake of "safety" or at least under the guise of it. Don't want no European patriot act.

Edit: As for Italy opening it's borders completely pointless so long there is no EU level agreement or plan for tourism and travel between nations, IF you are even allowed which i as Belgian am not to travel there you'll be put in quarantine for 14 days on return at best. So you would need 4 weeks off if you wanted to go on two week holiday. Not a lot of folks have that kind of time, if i factor in 3 weeks in the summer plus a week in the winter i have what about 100 hours paid leave left and i am in a luxurious position a lot of people have a lot less and even i wouldn't consider doing that.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2020-05-26 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Its a tracking app. Pretty much they know what you do, where you where, how fit you are and so on.

Maybe check westworld latest season and you will see why its bad.

Oh and btw, we do have apps like this here, but people refuse to use them mostly. Its just to big change for some. Cash is king.

Also if you look at Taiwan, the corona tracking tech on phones was ignored pretty much by people.
    Someone, somewhere is always tracking you. Facebook, Twitter, Reddit... This very site is probably tracked by most major agencies.

I wish it wasn't like that, but it is. So I tend to draw the line based on how "small" that big data is.

USA/Russia/China trying to collect the data of seven thousand million people? 99.9999% of the time, they're just using that data for statistics and prediction models.

A country/region/city trying to collect the data of its population is a much bigger issue, since they're more likely to be interested on each individual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    We should be very careful about wanting such tools because even in other nations like post 9/11 USA people gave away far too much far too easily for the sake of "safety" or at least under the guise of it. Don't want no European patriot act.
    This.
    It's mind boggling what a little fear, spread through the media can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    The people had no choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Someone, somewhere is always tracking you. Facebook, Twitter, Reddit... This very site is probably tracked by most major agencies.
    The FBI and CIA have the power to look into US citizens browser history without a warrant.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-05-26 at 11:39 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Knyx View Post
    I'm not sure how true that is. I'm sure there are always assholes out there. I like in a pretty conservative (aka, the anti-maskers) area. The couple of times I have been out I have worn a mask. Not only has no one said anything, but a good amount of others are also wearing masks. Not as many as I would feel comfortable with, but more than I expected.
    It's true. Just not as wide spread or extreme as some people would want you to think. I have seen people being made fun of for example. I have also seen dirty looks being thrown. But, right, still haven't seen a 187. Nor do I see these things daily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    The people had no choice.
    I would argue how effective the whole patriot act was in comparison to the privacy sacrificed. Terrorists attack have a rather small death count before and after 9/11.
    I would say the political will to actually act on information given by the intelligence agencies was a far bigger factor than the patriot act itself.

Anyhow, i am looking forward to seeing more results of what high cholesterol levels mean for corona patients. Seems to be an indicating factor of how badly the virus hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Someone, somewhere is always tracking you.
    You can always choose to avoid those. If commuting to work involves a tracking app, that is a whole lot harder to shake.