Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    is it good for the overall health of the game if everyone "appears" to be completey epiced out with shiny looking gear?

while it gives a lot of customization with how your gear looks, i can't help but feel a little that we lost something when i see a level 24 with all these crazy high end transmog on his gear.

did we loose something without even realizing it?

should we have placed more restrictions on it?
    You do realise that the vast majority of transmogs you need to be the level of the gear it's associated with in order to use it... right?

So no, a level 24 can't mog armor from raids...

There are very few exemptions, but they're ugly (like the mog set off quest in Trial of Valor).

Just to be spiteful I am going to always have 2 different shoulders now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    You do realise that the vast majority of transmogs you need to be the level of the gear it's associated with in order to use it... right?

There are very few exemptions, but they're ugly (like the mog set off quest in Trial of Valor).
    That's no longer the case and hasn't been for a while. A level 24 can use raid armour from vanilla raids, so a level 15 paladin can wear the T2 Judgment set provided they're wearing green items in the slots they want to mog. They also changed it ages ago so that you can only use the Trial of Valour sets once you unlock Legion sets at level 100.

Mogs are unlocked with their corresponding level brackets. So level 1-60 players can wear mogs from level 60 content and lower for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post

Nah, the level requirements are for expansion brackets, starting from the lowest lvl.

Level 1 character can wear all Vanilla Tmogs, including raid sets.
    Level 60 character can wear all TBC Tmogs, including raid sets.
    Level 70 character can wear all WLK Tmogs, including raid sets.
    Level 80 character can wear all Cata Tmogs, including raid sets.
    Level 85 character can wear all MoP Tmogs, including raid sets.
    Level 90 character can wear all WoD Tmogs, including raid sets.
    Level 100 character can wear all Legion Tmogs, including raid sets.
    And level 110 character can wear all BFA Tmogs, including raid sets, and thus all gear in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    is it good for the overall health of the game if everyone "appears" to be completey epiced out with shiny looking gear?

while it gives a lot of customization with how your gear looks, i can't help but feel a little that we lost something when i see a level 24 with all these crazy high end transmog on his gear.

did we loose something without even realizing it?

should we have placed more restrictions on it?
    So you are saying that 1) choice is bad and 2) we shouldn't be able to wear the things we've obtained,

Is that an accurate assessment of your position?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I see nothing wrong with it. We already wear things in real life that have no indication of what we've done to gain those things.

Jordan had shoes only he had for games, and then eventually put them out for everyone to obtain & wear. Just one example of something that someone did to obtain something epic, and later become common place.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Transmog needs more options, if anything.
    Agreed, I would like to see armor and weapon restrictions lifted in transmog, to a certain extent.

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    I see nothing wrong with it. We already wear things in real life that have no indication of what we've done to gain those things.

Jordan had shoes only he had for games, and then eventually put them out for everyone to obtain & wear. Just one example of something that someone did to obtain something epic, and later become common place.
    While I don't agree with the OP it's pretty silly to use real life as a comparison for a video game.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

What I'd like to be able to do is to transmog an item slot and not just an item.

The most annoying thing about transmog to me is that I have to keep going back whenever I get gear upgrades. It's really noticeable to me how annoying this is now that I'm in the process of leveling a bunch of alts at once.

I would like to be able to have the appearance of a piece of gear and keep it that way until I decide I want to change it again, rather than having to eventually go back every time I get something new to replace the item I mogged and ruin the look for a little while until then.

I would also like to be able to collect the appearance of ANYTHING I pick up, even if my class can't use it. That sweet-looking bow from some old raid that I happened to pick up while running my lock through it? I'd like it if that just went to my collections tab anyway for my hunter to access later. Those two things would make transmog almost perfect for me.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Nah, the level requirements are for expansion brackets, starting from the lowest lvl.

And level 110 character can wear all BFA Tmogs, including raid sets, and thus all gear in the game.
    Personally I think this is an in intuitive system. It's not like the players are going to take the time to unlock all that old gear while levelling their alts nowadays (as much as I'd like to see such a thing take place, incentivize doing more old content other than quests!), so why does it even matter if a character hasn't achieved anything other than hitting the next 10th level?

In the absence of design, the rule of cool applies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    What I'd like to be able to do is to transmog an item slot and not just an item.

The most annoying thing about transmog to me is that I have to keep going back whenever I get gear upgrades. It's really noticeable to me how annoying this is now that I'm in the process of leveling a bunch of alts at once.

I would like to be able to have the appearance of a piece of gear and keep it that way until I decide I want to change it again, rather than having to eventually go back every time I get something new to replace the item I mogged and ruin the look for a little while until then.

I would also like to be able to collect the appearance of ANYTHING I pick up, even if my class can't use it. That sweet-looking bow from some old raid that I happened to pick up while running my lock through it? I'd like it if that just went to my collections tab anyway for my hunter to access later. Those two things would make transmog almost perfect for me.
    I believe SWTOR does that in their transmog system. Along with their armor pigments that game has one of the best transmogs of any game and WoW could learn from them. Unless they reach some new cost effective technical innovation they'll likely never do armor pigments, but having slots retain the transmog would be simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Also sad is the fact your name is from a videogame that removed transmog from the game because it was crap design
    Your favorite game possibly?

I know it's hard to see from up your own arse but layerd armour or transmog hasn't been removed from monster hunter world.

I fact there are also tons of popular mods that take it further.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    I fact there are also tons of popular mods that take it further.
    The best part?
    Ingame layered armor loadouts support the mods and let you save custom loadouts.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enz0 View Post
    Transmog takes some important RPG elements out of the game. There is a reason weapons and armor are designed to look shabby early on and really cool once you kill the end bosses. Not only is it a sign of prestige to have the cool looking gear, but it allows players to make a judgement on how well a player will perform just by looking at a character. I know it is an unpopular opinion, but I believe transmog hurts the game, and I also understand it isn't going to be taken away or scaled back so I just accept it.
    How though? A new player still has to go unlock those armor pieces they see someone transmogged with. It further incentivizes people to do old content because they see someone wearing a cool set they want to get, so now they'll put the effort into getting it.

Transmog takes some important RPG elements out of the game. There is a reason weapons and armor are designed to look shabby early on and really cool once you kill the end bosses. Not only is it a sign of prestige to have the cool looking gear, but it allows players to make a judgement on how well a player will perform just by looking at a character. I know it is an unpopular opinion, but I believe transmog hurts the game, and I also understand it isn't going to be taken away or scaled back so I just accept it.
    It's because in Elwynn/Durotar you're merely an adventurer, but when you're killing C'thun, you're a "knight"/"champion" etc. But adventurer gear can look nice. Trench coat? 3d belts? High rez stuff? I don't mean flashy googly eyes on the shoulder etc. Simple, yet tasty. Yeye, cata upgraded the old "omg what is this" leveling gear, but it's not much better. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

Actually, it's more like this (Sorry for correcting you but I want people to know the absolute correct leveling brackets for Tmogs):

Level 1 character can wear all Vanilla Tmogs, including raid and PVP sets from Vanilla.
    Level 58 character can wear all Vanilla, TBC and WotLK Tmogs, including raid and PVP sets from those xpacs.
    Level 80 character can wear all Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata and MoP Tmogs, including raid and PVP sets from those xpacs.
    Level 90 character can wear all Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP and WoD Tmogs, including raid and PVP sets from those xpacs.
    Level 100 character can wear all Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and Legion Tmogs, including raid and PVP sets from those xpacs.
    And level 110 character can wear all Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD, Legion and BFA Tmogs, including all the raid and PVP sets from those xpacs.

Because this pos weapon from THE LAST RAID OF THE EXPANSION looks sooooooooooooooooooooo gooooooooooooooodm look at those shades of gray, and those eyes, my god, best weapon design ever

That bold bit is the biggest crock of horse shit and its why gears score became a thing.

Looks never equaled player power in wow, we worked that out by wotlk so stopped thinking just because an item looked shiny or was purple it actualy made the char better.

The days these poser so desperately want back where people oggled there couple of gifted epics from a raid and thought they were some how good at the game died well befor transmog came out, so there barking up the wrong tree anyway.

If the want prestege they can earn it through getting 2k mounts and titles, 3k+ rio score or the nzoth mount and mythic exclusive mog for the current tier..... But then that would actually take skill they don't have. No ones gonna give them prestige for sitting in boralus in a classic tbc or wrath armour set now we know how God damn face roll that content was.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2020-05-26 at 02:07 PM.

It's almost as if you still have to actually kill those endbosses and earn that prestige first before you're able to show it off on whatever character you want to.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Who hurt you, man?

OT: Since I am a mage main who really hates robes... transmog is fine
    Back when I was still active (end of Legion) mage was my main too. Robless sets was my transmog specialty

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post

Because this pos weapon from THE LAST RAID OF THE EXPANSION looks sooooooooooooooooooooo gooooooooooooooodm look at those shades of gray, and those eyes, my god, best weapon design ever
    It would look a lot better if it wasn't using a PS2-quality texture.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.