Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Thank God I never had to endure that here in Ireland, despite having been temporarily let go from work alongside the vast majority, I've got the comfort still of being given €350 a week and distribution of food hasn't really been affected. Queues at supermarkets are short where I live.
    Americans got $600 extra a week.
    The line in the picture is not for food. Free Nintendo Switch or PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Amazon and digital company are hiring like crazy.
    There is no way the unemployment is 19% in CA.

This has something to do with "unemployed gets more money than the minimum wage".
    Unfortunately it is. California entertainment, recreation, hospitality, food, tourism, transportation, export/import and retail sectors, largest in the US, were hit hard. On top of that the University of California and California State University systems, #1 and #2 employers in California, are dead in the water right now. Most of the Fall semester classes, except for labs, will be online. So the systems won't need as many workers.

The one blessing for California is that the state top performing sectors - Finance, Insurance, Real Estate, Professional & Business Services, Government, Tech, Manufacturing and Construction escaped relatively unscathed. However, these sectors employed less people than the ones mentioned previously.