7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heran View Post
    You don't accidentally use force enough to kill someone.
    I think it's possible to accidentally use too much force to the point of lethality. I'm not a judge though so I'll leave it to the experts.

Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    That is disgusting. The man(regardless of what he did) has clearly been subdued and to do what that cop is doing there, i can't find the words. He is purposely trying to suffocate the guy.

I am not even sure if you can classify that as murder to be honest, that act is beyond that, its evil and hope that cop if you can even call him that needs to go to jail for a very long time.
    What he did is irrelevant, agreed, but it makes the story that much worse:

He was suspected of committing a forgery, meaning to have been fraudulently altering or making a false reproduction of a product.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I think it's possible to accidentally use too much force to the point of lethality. I'm not a judge though so I'll leave it to the experts.
    No, it's not possible to accidentally use too much force like this. This is intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Could it have been asphyxiation?
    Again. Asphyxiation and strangulation are not mutually exclusive. One is a process, one is a cause of death. If you strangle someone to death, he dies of asphyxiation, brought on by strangulation.

But if someone passes out because you put pressure on his neck, and we can clearly observe this, then he is being strangled. So unless the air at ground level has a severely different composition or the man took a drug that both caused him to suffocate and bleed from nose and mouth, this man died from asphyxia brought on by strangulation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Again. Asphyxiation and strangulation are not mutually exclusive. One is a process, one is a cause of death. If you strangle someone to death, he dies of asphyxiation, brought on by strangulation.

But if someone passes out because you put pressure on his neck, and we can clearly observe this, then he is being strangled. So unless the air at ground level has a severely different composition or the man took a drug that both caused him to suffocate and bleed from nose and mouth, this man died from asphyxia brought on by strangulation.
    If you don’t stop, you know he won’t...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

No it isn't. Unless you outright break someones neck or they are unconscious for another reason, he or she has minutes to let you know how much distress you cause them, there are a plethora of symptoms to observe when strangulating someone, like ruptured blood vessels in the eyes, nose, possibly mouth, and they will fucking tell you.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, it's not possible to accidentally use too much force like this. This is intentional.
    Maybe yeah, I'll have to wait to see what the police reports and judicial findings indicate.

Maybe yeah, I'll have to wait to see what the police reports and judicial findings indicate.
    What the police reports? How gullible are you to trust the police on anything when they abuse power?

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    It's already illegal. The problem is that cops don't get held accountable.
    So in effect it is legal
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    You're a doctor if I recall correctly from the covid thread? Seems like you would know...
    No, us people who actually work in the healthcare have no idea about it. Don't you know?
    Shut up guys and make another TikTok dance

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    So in effect it is legal
    No, it's not. They can be brought up on criminal charges. It's just that Cops tend to get away with these things.

I am not really sure the solution here is to simply stop any form of detainment once a suspect complains. The solution sounds like they shouldn't resist arrest...

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    I am not really sure the solution here is to simply stop any form of detainment once a suspect complains. The solution sounds like they shouldn't resist arrest...
    Was he resisting when he went unconscious?

10+ Year Old Account
    You should try watching the video before talking bullshit.

Dude wasn't resisting arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    You should try watching the video before talking bullshit.

Dude wasn't resisting arrest.
    From the start he is clearly struggling rather then remaining calm. Without seeing the start of the video I have to assume he was resisting. Once violence is employed you do not deescalate it until the situation has resolved.

Granted this is from my military experience and law enforcement is a entirely different set of skills but unless he has a way to complete incapacitate a hostile entity you do not allow them to recover.

From the start he is clearly struggling rather then remaining calm. Without seeing the start of the video I have to assume he was resisting. Once violence is employed you do not deescalate it until the situation has resolved.

Granted this is from my military experience and law enforcement is a entirely different set of skills but unless he has a way to complete incapacitate a hostile entity you do not allow them to recover.
    When people are unable to breath, they tend to struggle to breath.

The situation was resolved, he was cuffed, calm, and not a threat. Maybe you should watch the video.

7+ Year Old Account
    Was he resisting when he went unconscious?
    I don't know but I got the feeling that if the cop let off the downward pressure the guy would try to spring up as fast as possible.

I don't know but I got the feeling that if the cop let off the downward pressure the guy would try to spring up as fast as possible.
    So, now you are a mind reader?

Do me a favor, handcuff yourself, behind your back, and see how fast you can get up. Now, have someone prevent you from getting up... it doesn't take much effort. It sure as shit doesn't require a knee into an unconscious man's neck... for minutes.

Yeah, that tends to happen when you are gasping for air...

When people are unable to breath, they tend to struggle to breath.

The situation was resolved, he was cuffed, calm, and not a threat. Maybe you should watch the video.
    We have different definitions of calm and no you do not release someone you detain because they "calmed down" .

With the limited information I have from the video I don't see any startling cause of abuse. Two officers are detaining him and both are needed to pin him, This suggests he was extremely combative prior and forced the used of force. Without being able to see what caused this I can't be certain but I assume officers don't resort to that level of force unless their was a need.

A lot of what is seen here comes down to how you believe the police operate. We honestly won't know one way or the other unless video surfaces of what sparked the confrontation.

- - - Updated - - -

So, now you are a mind reader?

Do me a favor, handcuff yourself, behind your back, and see how fast you can get up. Now, have someone prevent you from getting up... it doesn't take much effort. It sure as shit doesn't require a knee into an unconscious man's neck... for minutes.
    I would have to agree with how combative he was while detained I would assume violence as well and that is with the calm ability to access the situation via video much less being personally involved. You don't gamble with your life like that.