Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    i very much enjoyed cyclone this league, but thats cause it works with the gogogogo style of the league
    My brothers first "real" character was cyclone glad and it crushed hard. Cyclone is one of those "PERFECT FOR FUCKING EVERYTHING!" skills, but it's super effective in this league.

My problem is I try to play a different build each league as I don't like remaking the same character over and over again, and having already made a few cyclone glads in previous leagues I'm looking for something else. Tried Animate Weapon this league, it was hot-garbage, moved to HoP/Dom Blow guardian and it was pretty fuckin strong, just not amazing for this league and fucking god-awful at Sirus.

I like cyclone, and cyclone glad is a ton of fun with blocks, but I just want to be able to play something different. I miss my old juggernauts and haven't been able to find any new builds that do "acceptable" damage (not shapers-per-second damage, but still good) that look interesting, and I'm still not able to find anything. RIP my old MS jug, I'd be totally down to play one again if it wasn't garbage : /

10+ Year Old Account
    i very much enjoyed cyclone this league, but thats cause it works with the gogogogo style of the league
    gogogo style of the GAME. Whenever they try to slow it down for a league, people invariably complain, and the league slowly speeds up as they hotfix out the delays.

But, yeah. I pretty much gave up around t15 maps this league. Still better than I'd done before but not great. Fingers crossed next league is a bit less RIPPY, and has VASTLY higher visual clarity...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    gogogo style of the GAME. Whenever they try to slow it down for a league, people invariably complain, and the league slowly speeds up as they hotfix out the delays.

But, yeah. I pretty much gave up around t15 maps this league. Still better than I'd done before but not great. Fingers crossed next league is a bit less RIPPY, and has VASTLY higher visual clarity...
    ya, my build can be measured in bosses per second

around 12mil dps when i stopped improving it

could clear t18 100% deliriums in a few minutes

10+ Year Old Account
    ya, my build can be measured in bosses per second
    Damn, what's the build?

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Damn, what's the build?
    its a semi min-maxed CoC Ice Nova assassin

the damage would be higher if i....didnt misclick vaal my 70ex gloves....

10+ Year Old Account

Oof...

I'm playing Reckoning/Cyclone. Fun and super easy, but the PS4 economy is FUCKED, so I never could get a Surrender...

That's exactly the problem... if the only builds that can have "fun" are meta builds with a mirror invested in their gear (if gloves alone cost 70ex how much is the full gear? 300? 500?), and the other builds just fall apart before they reach to the end it removes variety POE holds as their prime point of appeal... "you can play anything"... but you better play: herald stacker, archmage stormbrands, impale cyclone, coc or bv assassin... maybe a couple of other builds, everything else is gonna feel too slow, too rippy, too clunky and just not fun. Bonus points if your build drops fps to 0 like volatile dead or icestorm.

Also I dunno what's up with fog rendering on GPUs, but I remember back in Emerald Nightmare in WOW, Xavius room fried my old laptop. And it was... just fog. Now I have new pc and delirium fog is still fps drops like no tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    That's exactly the problem... if the only builds that can have "fun" are meta builds with a mirror invested in their gear (if gloves alone cost 70ex how much is the full gear? 300? 500?), and the other builds just fall apart before they reach to the end it removes variety POE holds as their prime point of appeal... "you can play anything"... but you better play: herald stacker, archmage stormbrands, impale cyclone, coc or bv assassin... maybe a couple of other builds, everything else is gonna feel too slow, too rippy, too clunky and just not fun. Bonus points if your build drops fps to 0 like volatile dead or icestorm.

Also I dunno what's up with fog rendering on GPUs, but I remember back in Emerald Nightmare in WOW, Xavius room fried my old laptop. And it was... just fog. Now I have new pc and delirium fog is still fps drops like no tomorrow.
    i was doing the same content on a 3ex miner

just not as fast

But ya, the framerates this season has been laughable

i was doing the same content on a 3ex miner
    Ya, miners is another thing after necros that should be nerfed, I saw a guy showcasing clearing t16 guardian map with no chest piece and only 3 gems in his tremor rod, deathless, that thing's stupid. https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExile...s_intended_my/

Some of the new specters are also pretty OP, but I expect some form of tuning since they just added them this season and didn't have time to balance it yet (they rarely nerf stuff mid season).

A lot of common archetypes of specs don't fare well in delirium though... channelling spells for example (divine ire, the new mana runes... haven't seen anyone play it really), strike melee skills, even totems are just too slow.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ Zizaran What do dinosaurs and Archmage Storm Brand builds have in common?
    https://twitter.com/bexchangewords/s...12628766519296

Seems like that the ability to use storm brands with archmage will be removed next league.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    https://twitter.com/bexchangewords/s...12628766519296

Seems like that the ability to use storm brands with archmage will be removed next league.
    Lot's o shit gettin nerfed. RIP archemage brands, rip herald stacking.

My brother's friend just quit and gave him all his herald gear (the "mid-range" version, not the expensive version)...holy fucking shit. 7K ES and his life doesn't move, and he melts everything instantly, there's no risk or challenge left. He told me some of the gear value, most of it was like 100ex+ with a whole bunch of jewels that are each like 10-50ex each. Hadn't really looked into those builds too much and holy bloody hell are they broken. His PoB DPS is like 70M and he's functionally unkillable, and he still has a few more points to dump into more damage and ES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Hadn't really looked into those builds too much and holy bloody hell are they broken.
    And this is AFTER they were nerfed. I was going to look into one, but the gear on Ps4 is like a Mirror each for the important items.

And this is AFTER they were nerfed. I was going to look into one, but the gear on Ps4 is like a Mirror each for the important items.
    Yeah, this is out of reach for the majority of the playerbase given the specific gear needed to make it work. There's apparently a "cheaper" version, but just like...I like smashing as much as the next person, but when your character is that insanely powerful it makes the game more or less trivial I don't get the appeal anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    What pissed me off about this league was the Catch 22 I faced when I found out my friends were flipping cluster jewels, buying a base for like 20c then rolling it and selling it for 2-3 ex. If I did what they did, I didn't enjoy the game. If I didn't do it (which I didn't) I ended up extremely poor this league (which I did).

I dunno man. People say "go play SSF then if you don't like it" but then I have to completely change everything I was doing and approach the game completely differently to step into SSF. It already took me like 1 month to get to t16 maps with my slow build, telling me to go do SSF where it will most likely take 3x as long... Hm, yeah, no, I don't have time to no life PoE like that, I'm sorry.
    Last edited by msdos; 2020-05-27 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    What pissed me off about this league was the Catch 22 I faced when I found out my friends were flipping cluster jewels, buying a base for like 20c then rolling it and selling it for 2-3 ex. If I did what they did, I didn't enjoy the game. If I didn't do it (which I didn't) I ended up extremely poor this league (which I did).

I dunno man. People say "go play SSF then if you don't like it" but then I have to completely change everything I was doing and approach the game completely differently to step into SSF. It already took me like 1 month to get to t16 maps with my slow build, telling me to go do SSF where it will most likely take 3x as long... Hm, yeah, no, I don't have time to no life PoE like that, I'm sorry.
    Thing is, there are a multitude of builds that can easily allow you to clear T16 on a budget of less than an exalt. In fact, there are so many of them that you can take your pick of spellcasters, melee, ranged, or totem / minions. Typical approach to playing POE in each league is to make a farmer character on a budget build and then finance your main one with whatever spec you want to play.

For example, my first character was a minion build and I made 39 exalts just farming / playing the game. No specific tricks, no specific farming - just selling drops and currency. I then used that to kit out a frostbolt / frostnova inquisitor.

10+ Year Old Account
    but when your character is that insanely powerful it makes the game more or less trivial I don't get the appeal anymore.
    Characters like that are fun for a bit, but it gets old fast. I remember back in day, I used to save edit on D2. Sure, it's fun to play a broken character with 99 in every skill, maxed resists and 100% life and mana leech... but after you've wrecked through the story, it gets real old.

Broken characters are super fun short term, but have no longevity.

path of exile is a nice game.but it really takes a lot of time. so many skill builds,Path of Exile(GGG) does not allow anyone to buy PoE currency with real money. Buy currency is not 100% safe.
    Last edited by devilzxlin; 2020-07-04 at 05:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    3.10.2 Patch with Beta of Vulkan Renderer

We have just deployed the 3.10.2 Patch, which includes a Beta version of our Vulkan renderer. This alternate renderer provides much more consistent performance than the DirectX 11 one, especially when under high CPU load.
    cont. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866813

Lot's o shit gettin nerfed. RIP archemage brands, rip herald stacking.
    Well that's extremely common for them, introduce a new skill or mechanic that is broken OP, leave it run rampage over the league, then nerf it next season. Stuff like Winter Orb, Cyclone, Icicle / Pyro Mines, Zombie / Skele Necro, just a few of builds that were risen and sunk in this cycle. Well, cyclone is still sailing on.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post

That's a catch 22 with any game with economy, rich get richer, poor stay on the bottom. Wanna have fun? Wanna not treat the game as a job where you have to sit all day and craft, flip on AH (sorry, "trade") or fill your quota of maps per hour? Then you'll be stuck at a "casual" level like I am and never make a build that is worth a mirror (or buy a mirror / HH / other big ticket item).

Yes, it means I'm probably forever stuck with subset of builds that are playable on small budget, and also have to exclude all the builds I hate for their mechanics, I can "finish" the league in a way that I get 24/36 challenges (36 usually with grinding and often buying the most annoying RNG crap off trade chat, like whichever league had the unique lockboxes one) and kill 99% of the content the game has to offer (not deep delve though or halls of the grandmasters), but I never reach to the level of "kill boss in 3 seconds" or "clear a map in 30 seconds".

I won't play SSF because it requires way too much crafting instead of just buying that item for a 5c that I can grind within 1 map. Also there are a lot of cheap uniques that are still fairly effective, but hard to self farm. For example my last build relied on devouring diadem I bought once it dropped to like 40c price, but when I killed Katarina she only dropped the stupid shield and next time there wasn't one, cuz I got it that fled in the next board and I'm not letting that go by doing the boss again.

Funny how GGG wants to buff the rewards from Mastermind but people still don't want to do it because it wipes the board and can give you worthless members (Haku & Riker are my top votes for that spot) instead of the good ones (it that fled, vorici, tora, leo, cameria).

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Thing is, there are a multitude of builds that can easily allow you to clear T16 on a budget of less than an exalt. In fact, there are so many of them that you can take your pick of spellcasters, melee, ranged, or totem / minions.
    Nah, not really. Builds that work "under an exalt" are builds that CAN do the content but they will struggle on that budget and it won't be a very fun experience. Like the guy who posted the video I linked earlier "look I can take t16 map with this no chest piece 3-link ball lightning miner" but "oh I won't open the delirium cuz I might RIP".

I have a friend who plays many characters per season and usually meta builds, and 2 last leagues he has constant problem that these "meta" builds on a budget are very rippy. And he tried this season: archmage stormbrand, hollow palm, volatile dead spellslinger, bleed gladiator with snipe helmet, and some other spellslinger (I think arc?), didn't wanna try redemption spectres cuz he played necro way too much through the last seasons of OPness so he's bored of them.

I'd love to know what are all these builds that can "easily" clear t16 with sub 1 exalt, and easily meaning efficiently and without dying every map. I played totems for example and while it was easy playstyle and I think first character I killed shaper and elder on, I definitely invested more than an exalt into it and it was still a tad bit too squishy for my liking so I had to play "off screen them: the game".

I know for example Essence Drain is cheap to get going but I heard it's horrible at boss killing without high investment. So probably similar to my Bane Witch experience that was great at mapping for cheap but god awful for anything that isn't trash mobs.

Also builds that are very cheap at the league end aren't such at league start. For example at this point you can build anything from cospri assassin to golemancer elementalist for very cheap, but at league start key items are much more expensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Characters like that are fun for a bit, but it gets old fast. I remember back in day, I used to save edit on D2. Sure, it's fun to play a broken character with 99 in every skill, maxed resists and 100% life and mana leech... but after you've wrecked through the story, it gets real old.

Broken characters are super fun short term, but have no longevity.
    If the game is short yeah I agree broken stuff gets *boring* fast. Still nice to do it at least once.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi