Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Why was Gushing Wounds nerfed as soon as it was available to everyone?

Why is it now suddenly overpowered?

Is it perhaps because it was overpowered all along and they wanted to keep a carrot there for the addicts to chase? To try and win the lottery?

Can't have that now there is a level playing field hey?
    I get it dude, you want to feel like you're the smart cynic who's figured it all out, but not everything is a conspiracy. Again, relax off the cynic glue sniffing just a smidge.

Gushing Wounds was kept the way it was because it was discovered relatively late that it was an outlier, and they didn't want to nerf it and cause an outrage when there were no new means of acquiring replacements - it would just have meant you had to spend millions of gold on new pieces if you wanted to stay optimal. When the means of acquiring replacements was implemented, nerfs would be met less with outrage and more with light dismay.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I put some corruption on my gear in the first round, but now I got some gear upgrades today in a mythic raid for the slots I already corrupted. Now I need to wait a month or so for all the corruptions to cycle and my BiS corruption to go on sale again before that mythic raid gear is actually an improvement over the corrupted junk I'm wearing now...
    Which is why it's always worth buying extra contaminants to enhance better optomised base pieces later on.

There's a few items in my bag which aren't ideal so I made the investment and bought extra R3 expedients in the first week.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I get it dude, you want to feel like you're the smart cynic who's figured it all out, but not everything is a conspiracy. Again, relax off the cynic glue sniffing just a smidge.

Gushing Wounds was kept the way it was because it was discovered relatively late that it was an outlier, and they didn't want to nerf it and cause an outrage when there were no new means of acquiring replacements - it would just have meant you had to spend millions of gold on new pieces if you wanted to stay optimal. When the means of acquiring replacements was implemented, nerfs would be met less with outrage and more with light dismay.
    and you know this for sure because of

- you say so ?
    - „common sense“ (best argument ever) ?
    - your „friend“, that works at blizz HQ ?
    - its „obvious“ ?
    - it sounds good ?
    - you HAVE the data ! ?

dont get me wrong here. i have no oppinion here. weather i say you are right, nor the poster you quoted. i have just no clue. and not even an oppinion at all. in reality i dont even care.

but when i say „i have no clue“ because... i HAVE no clue, ... it always seems strange to me, when someone calls another ones argument a conspiracy theory, and came up with 100% sure stuff why its conspiracy and what the „real“ deal is. then i always asking myself where THIS data is from, after i asked myself where the conspiracy data is from ...

- - - Updated - - -

I put some corruption on my gear in the first round, but now I got some gear upgrades today in a mythic raid for the slots I already corrupted. Now I need to wait a month or so for all the corruptions to cycle and my BiS corruption to go on sale again before that mythic raid gear is actually an improvement over the corrupted junk I'm wearing now...
    thats just another result of a gear „system“, even when patched, that was horrible short thought and not well designed in the slightest in the first place. since day 1 corruption was a stupid halfassed cheap shit. with everything that followed that idiotic gear system.

but the best joke is, that NOTHING at all of this shit is really needed. gear as itself was totally fine and enough, like for over 10 years in wow between 2005 and end of MoP.

at least imo and in the oppinion of guild and friends and a lot of ppl i see here and in official forums. are these many ? the most ? no clue. but they exist and they are there.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-05-26 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    before the vendor it was, in my opinion, the worst system in the history of the game.
    with the vendors, it has the potential to become my all time favorite.
    its crazy what a reliable grind can do to a gearing system.
    rng can still have its place in the game, as a lucky nice bonus, but NOT as the only source.

i understand that blizz didnt want us to be fully decked in bis corruption within a few weeks.
    but a 100% rng system, is a "cure that is worse than the sickness" solution.
    some will get fully decked in bis anyway, meanwhile some will get shit, eventhough they put in the same effort.

another solution couldve been a 5k (or whatever) echoes weekly cap, and if you were unable to reach cap 1 or more weeks, the missed amount would be added to the cap. so you could catch up whenever you had the time.
    or the echoes you gained couldve started really low, and then amplify the amount every week with 30% (like AP).
    the random drops could still exist.

but you could even argue that a weekly cap/amplifier wouldnt be needed.
    since getting bis is easier said than done for several reasons.
    1) your bis gear setup would vary from week to week, because of corruption resist increase.
    2) once you got bis on current gear, you would have to grind it again whenever you got new gear with better stats.
    3) if you play more than one spec, the bis would most likely be different, so you could have full bis for 1-4 different specs.
    4) bis would also vary on content, raid single target boss, boss with a bit of cleave, boss with aoe. m+ bis would vary on affixes and how high a key you do. pvp would vary if you do bgs or arena and what comp you play with and against.
    5) the fun of just playing around with it, trying out different things.

corruption had so much potential, but it turned out dogshit.. im looking forward to the fun im gonna have with it for the rest of bfa though.

too bad that blizz have a bad habit of making gearing systems bad, only so improve them bit by bit. why do they wait till the end of an expac/patch to make the game as good as it could be?
    To put it simply, player agency >>> retention time. Blizz operated purely from a business standpoint initially - increase the game time as much as possible, by making the system completely rng, hence making it practically impossible to reach a certain "end goal". Surprise-surprise, nobody in their right mind likes this shit. Now we're back to effort-reward system. People like to be rewarded for their work. This is the basis on which human civilization has thrived for literally thousands of years, no wonder it works in games as well

And I personally greatly enjoy being able to create a proper BiS list and move towards it, without the random bullshit of titanforging in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    THIS

The system screws healers over. Not only the lack of corruption pieces for healers (just the lol stat +%... ) but we also have to carry the penalty that the DPS should be paying.

Horrible system.
    The stat increases for healers are quite good though.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Why can't I understand it? I do understand it. I'm not chasing it either so I'm not even sure what you're trying to say other than just saying I have OCD and can't understand things, good job bud.
    Of course you do, "It's such obvious convoluted garbage to keep the addicts on the wheel", while it's not keeping anyone except people with OCD hooked.
    And its like a bonus for everyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    but the best joke is, that NOTHING at all of this shit is really needed. gear as itself was totally fine and enough, like for over 10 years in wow between 2005 and end of MoP.

at least imo and in the oppinion of guild and friends and a lot of ppl i see here and in official forums. are these many ? the most ? no clue. but they exist and they are there.
    Best joke is: I didn't see a problem therefore it didn't exist.
    Gear was boring, it was brought up multiple times during all of the previous expansions.
    There was just absolutely nothing interesting in gear that at some point it became a chore and a tax.
    When a piece dropped you wanted, you just checked it off and forgot that this slot existed.
    And since there wasn't a lot of options to get gear, namely, just raids you didn't even have to think about it, you just copied what everyone else used.
    There was absolutely no diversity nor a choice.

I would have preferred corruption to be crafted from farmable materials right from the start.

Why use a vendor when you have a perfectly good crafting community.

- P

Much, much better than titanforging... but still dogshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    This has literally been WoW since vanilla. I used to regularly go 1 month or longer farming raid without a single upgrade because the stuff I wanted simply never dropped. Farmed black temple for probably 6 months and literally never got the ring from Supremus because it never dropped for my guild.

Not to mention the lucky few people in your guild that had good “luck” of being given a legendary. Everyone else clearing the same content, sorry, thanks for playing.
    I don't like vanilla gear system either.... If I were head of wow legendaries would be craft-able by the first guild on the server to down the raid. They'd be cosmetic only in pvp though.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

No it still sucks balls, you should never create a system where you have to counteract that system with another mechanic to keep your character from dying lol. It feels REALLY BAD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Much, much better than titanforging... but still dogshit.
    Exactly my thoughts lol.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

corruption gear is now a great system!
    [X] Doubt!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    Which is why it's always worth buying extra contaminants to enhance better optomised base pieces later on.

There's a few items in my bag which aren't ideal so I made the investment and bought extra R3 expedients in the first week.
    There really isn't a 'buying extra' for me since rank 1 Ineffable Truth needs to go on pretty much all of my gear that can be corrupted. I was only able to buy 3 the first round, and any extra I bought would have gone on my other gear. No one had that many echos.

Heck, even if I was able to buy some more now I'm pretty sure the bigger upgrade would still be putting it on my uncorrupted gear rather than my mythic raid drops because that's just replacing it on the slots I already do have it on.

There really isn't a 'buying extra' for me since rank 1 Ineffable Truth needs to go on pretty much all of my gear that can be corrupted. I was only able to buy 3 the first round, and any extra I bought would have gone on my other gear. No one had that many echos.

Heck, even if I was able to buy some more now I'm pretty sure the bigger upgrade would still be putting it on my uncorrupted gear rather than my mythic raid drops because that's just replacing it on the slots I already do have it on.
    I wouldn't say 9.9k echoes is that high on echoes income for that amount of time, but if you're limited on playtime then fair enough I'm not judging.

That being said, if you were needing more Ineffable Truths for your gear anyway isn't this a fairly non-issue (assuming I'm not missing something here)? Like you can use the time between now and next time it pops up to gain tons of echos and not only buy the ones you're missing but buy lots of surplus ones next time round?
    Last edited by Great Destiny Man; 2020-05-26 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    No it still sucks balls, you should never create a system where you have to counteract that system with another mechanic to keep your character from dying lol. It feels REALLY BAD.
    Interesting. I feel completely the opposite. The risk/reward aspect of corruption is my favorite part of the system. I think it's brilliant. And the fact that the balance will continue to change as your cloak gets stronger is my favorite raid nerf system that I can think of off the top of my head.

The acquisition of corruption is still lacking though.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Of course you do, "It's such obvious convoluted garbage to keep the addicts on the wheel", while it's not keeping anyone except people with OCD hooked.
    And its like a bonus for everyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Best joke is: I didn't see a problem therefore it didn't exist.
    Gear was boring, it was brought up multiple times during all of the previous expansions.
    There was just absolutely nothing interesting in gear that at some point it became a chore and a tax.
    When a piece dropped you wanted, you just checked it off and forgot that this slot existed.
    And since there wasn't a lot of options to get gear, namely, just raids you didn't even have to think about it, you just copied what everyone else used.
    There was absolutely no diversity nor a choice.
    and the problem is ?

and where is your data to back up that everybody and his mother had a problem with that boring gear (because corruption is sooo much more fun and interessting lol) ?

and today you look at icy veins or whatever and go and buy the item or wait until rnjesus become your friend. and then forget it forever. soooo much difference....

sorry bro, you talk heavy bullshit. if i domt wanna derail this into a stupid classic vs retail shit discussion, i would add to ask you if all that ppl that hated that so boring gear maybe play classic at the moment. but as i said, i dont wanna derail this.

and the problem is ?

and where is your data to back up that everybody and his mother had a problem with that boring gear (because corruption is sooo much more fun and interessting lol) ?

and today you look at icy veins or whatever and go and buy the item or wait until rnjesus become your friend. and then forget it forever. soooo much difference....

sorry bro, you talk heavy bullshit. if i domt wanna derail this into a stupid classic vs retail shit discussion, i would add to ask you if all that ppl that hated that so boring gear maybe play classic at the moment. but as i said, i dont wanna derail this.
    I just explained a problem.

Ion (and thus blizzard) acknowledged it was a problem so I guess his interview holds much more weight than just your opinion.
    You know, they have a statistical data, and you don't.

Today you don't look at icy veins bis list. Nobody does that anymore (at least they should not). With so much sources of potential gear and corruption on the top of that it is almost impossible to determine the actual bis. And this is a good thing.

At this stage in the game, there are so many variables and so many layers of optimization that you can apply to your character, that there is no way for a guide or anything else to tell you exactly what gear you should wear. This is why we always recommend simulating your own character using Raidbots. The website can help you choose set bonuses, Azerite traits, trinkets and combinations thereof in a way that is tailored completely to your specific character. Learning to use this tool is essential to maximizing your potential, as there is simply no other way to take all the variables into account.
    I don't talk bullshit, I know what happened before and how people treated gear before, you talk bullshit, the purest form: "I didn't see a problem therefore it didn't exist."
    That's right there.

M+ and weekly chest helped a lot but it still won't be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I just explained a problem.

Ion (and thus blizzard) acknowledged it was a problem so I guess his interview holds much more weight than just your opinion.
    You know, they have a statistical data, and you don't.

Today you don't look at icy veins bis list. Nobody does that anymore (at least they should not). With so much sources of potential gear and corruption on the top of that it is almost impossible to determine the actual bis. And this is a good thing.

I don't talk bullshit, I know what happened before and how people treated gear before, you talk bullshit, the purest form: "I didn't see a problem therefore it didn't exist."
    That's right there.

M+ and weekly chest helped a lot but it still won't be enough.
    sry, not my point of view.

Ion says a lot. Ion also said 4 weeks ago „gear should be just gear“. Ion also said the reason for removing reforging was „get gear, go sim dps site, reforge accordingly. boring and annoying.“ i agreed. same goes with corruption. corruption is reforging in another package. so, you see, Ion says a lot...

also noone asked for all that shit. forums never were full of „shitty boring gear plz help“ shit storms. blizz just did this. there was never a real problem with that. wow beacme top of the peek 12 mio players in wotlk without gear systems. same again in WoD in the first 2-3 months. so that gear systems seems not „needed or game dies“.

i dont talk about icy veins bis lists (no one used that anyway). i talk about icy veins or blood mallet telling you take 3 traits of this azerite, 1 of this, take these 2 corruptions and these essences and you are good to go. and even if its not that, its sim craft telling you exactly „do that“. you act like ppl buy 10 different corruptions for 1g, test them all, check whats going on in game and have fun testing and playing with them in game. the reality is: keep all your currency until you can buy best corruption. and best corruption is what inet sim websites say. done.

the other points i will not comment, bc in the end of the day you talk a lot of BS, bc „i like corruption and have to told everybody and his mother why everybody should like corruption too, otherwise i dont win the argument prize“. for me this discussion is useless and ends here.

have a nice life anyway. and have fun with corruption system. its not a bad thing, when at least 1 person likes that shit. since having fun with the game is not a bad thing and i am happy for you that you have fun (seriously) and do not wanna bash against that. i have just another oppinion, thats all. so dont let the fun go away and corrupt the fun out of wow. bb
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-05-27 at 08:56 AM.

Personal opinion and all but i find it`s one of the worst ideas ever implemented.
    I feel i can barely experiment with the system without being hassled and getting annoyed.

Get to around 40-50 corruption and the thing from beyond is such an unbelievable
    pain in the keister, not to mention the slow effect and the circle i have to move out of.

I get the point of it, strong powers that come with negative effects but i`d rather just have
    a higher itemlevel with the secondary stats i prefer.

it's one of the worst systems ever implemented..

sry, not my point of view.

Ion says a lot. Ion also said 4 weeks ago „gear should be just gear“. Ion also said the reason for removing reforging was „get gear, go sim dps site, reforge accordingly. boring and annoying.“ i agreed. same goes with corruption. corruption is reforging in another package. so, you see, Ion says a lot...

also noone asked for all that shit. forums never were full of „shitty boring gear plz help“ shit storms. blizz just did this. there was never a real problem with that. wow beacme top of the peek 12 mio players in wotlk without gear systems. same again in WoD in the first 2-3 months. so that gear systems seems not „needed or game dies“.
    Oh that bullshit again. Who are you trying to kid? "WoW had milions of players so if we didn't change anything people would stay".
    It became hot shit because it was new but hardly could keep up with a players. Blizzard also said player retention was terribad back then and it had troubles keeping players subscribed.
    We seen how it worked out in WoD. It didn't.

i dont talk about icy veins bis lists (no one used that anyway). i talk about icy veins or blood mallet telling you take 3 traits of this azerite, 1 of this, take these 2 corruptions and these essences and you are good to go. and even if its not that, its sim craft telling you exactly „do that“. you act like ppl buy 10 different corruptions for 1g, test them all, check whats going on in game and have fun testing and playing with them in game. the reality is: keep all your currency until you can buy best corruption. and best corruption is what inet sim websites say. done.
    Another bullshit. Look up first page of each class on mythic nzoth. You still sim your character, there is still a variance in corruptions and azerite traits, still variance in trinkets.

Pre Legion people just played with exact same gear. There was almost no variance in before.

the other points i will not comment, bc in the end of the day you talk a lot of BS, bc „i like corruption and have to told everybody and his mother why everybody should like corruption too, otherwise i dont win the argument prize“. for me this discussion is useless and ends here.
    I don't like corruption, titanforging was better gear system. But corruption is still far better than a boring static gear.

have a nice life anyway. and have fun with corruption system. its not a bad thing, when at least 1 person likes that shit. since having fun with the game is not a bad thing and i am happy for you that you have fun (seriously) and do not wanna bash against that. i have just another oppinion, thats all. so dont let the fun go away and corrupt the fun out of wow. bb
    It's not one person, nice try tho. But if you like static gear (you guessed it) classic is there waiting for you, soon you will have BC.