Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Put on a fully virtual show. It'll be even better without all the stupid commentators and the terrible questions by the disfunctional guild shout-outs who want to be the next red shirt guy.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Of all the companies hit in this fashion you'd think the hosts of the biggest mmorpg would be able to pull off some kind of online event. With the usual livestreams of the event it wouldn't be too hard to pull off from their own studios with some dev interviews and presentations. I imagine the lack of any new major announcements play a big role in this, it is an expansion year and they've already shared what else they're working on ahead of this anticipated cancellation of events. I suppose the cost/hype along with healthconcerns just isn't worth it for them, even though it seems overcautious for something as simple as some livestreamed dev talks and answers to some handpicked questions beforehand. It'd be better than nothing and what half their usual audience shows up for anyway.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    Most hotels will give refunds especially with the state of the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, if someone was shot who happened to have COVID-19, it should be a gunshot death. However, if someone has terminal brain cancer and had 2 months left to live, but caught COVID-19 and died from complications, it should be a COVID-19 death because all we know they could have lived that two months, if they were not infected.
    You really think that?
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    ...Nothing of the sort implies that but yes.....Covid gave them an excuse -_-
    Are you joking? Every year you get Activison execs moaning about how much money they lose on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    why would they want to get rid of it? it's a massive event which draws in thousands of people, both in person and online. if they wanted it gone, it would be gone. but it actually probably generates more money for them so why would they want to stop it? what is your source that they have wanted to stop it for years anyway?
    It would take you about 30 seconds on google to find articles dating back to at least 2009 (at least that was the oldest one I saw in said 30 seconds), so have fun doing your own research

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Are you joking? Every year you get Activison execs moaning about how much money they lose on it.

- - - Updated - - -

It would take you about 30 seconds on google to find articles dating back to at least 2009 (at least that was the oldest one I saw in said 30 seconds), so have fun doing your own research
    so you found the articles.... but didn't bother to link them? I am google searching things like "Activision opinion on Blizzcon 2009" and "does Activision want to shut Blizzcon down" among other things and haven't found a single article. also, you're the one that made the claim so YOU are the one who has to provide the links. either link your sources or GTFO

By early 2021, say Mar-Apr 2021 most will have already a vaccin shot and so immunity.

If I were Blizzard I would target May/June 2021 for a real Convention.

First off: 80% of their target audiance already are at very low risk because they are less than 35 years old (vaccination against measles was done on children since 1985 in the western world and now it is proven Covid-19 has some enzymes in common with that illness).

It is VERY odd as this is still mostly hidden from us, but except for some fatal extremely unlucky and well known heart infections the under 35 age group hardly get seriously sick from Covid2019.’

With 120 candidates for a vaccin and parallel studies run with the internet acting as a catalysator it would be unrealistic to NOT have several candidates by Sep/Oct 2020 and production already starting on a number of candidates before that date.

Johnson @ Johnson already stated they are capable to produce 1 billion vaccins over a 1-2 month period.

So why bother to organise a crippled Convention in early 2021 if you can have a real one a few months later.

No one seriously believes that the Olympics will not be held in the summer of 2021 except for some odd minded scientists who have the time of their lives as media stars these days.

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    Yes, if someone was shot who happened to have COVID-19, it should be a gunshot death. However, if someone has terminal brain cancer and had 2 months left to live, but caught COVID-19 and died from complications, it should be a COVID-19 death because all we know they could have lived that two months, if they were not infected.
    Yep

/10char
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Saralyn Smith? How is this the first time I've ever heard of this creature of indescribable beauty?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    so you found the articles.... but didn't bother to link them? I am google searching things like "Activision opinion on Blizzcon 2009" and "does Activision want to shut Blizzcon down" among other things and haven't found a single article. also, you're the one that made the claim so YOU are the one who has to provide the links. either link your sources or GTFO
    I really can't be blamed for your inability to use a simple search engine. Perhaps you should start by searching "how to use a search engine" and then working your way up from there. I'm sure you can manage if you put on your big boy pants and give it a try.

15+ Year Old Account
    And nothing of value was lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    My perspective is, person shot probably died of being shot
    Fake news, can't be proven so it must be fake. Those numbers are pretty fake, gun deaths are actually lower than they should be because they probably died of Covid. Just saying.

I don't recall mentioning any of that before. Only that the numbers aren't accurate.

I didn't say they weren't, only that the numbers weren't accurate.

I'm not saying that all cases of covid + something else had nothing to do with covid, only that cases where their death had nothing to do with covid and they had covid shouldn't be counted.

I'm not talking about cases where say someone with pneumonia got covid and died that covid likely didn't contribute, only that cases where people dying of gunshot wounds being counted as covid deaths shouldn't count LOL

If I inject you gents with covid and take you to the hospital and have you tested and you test positive, then I shoot you in the head. Did you die of covid or the bullet? Some states would count you as a covid death. That's all I'm saying, you can go on and on about how dangerous covid is if you want, I've made no comment on that and won't. All I'm saying is the numbers aren't accurate ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    im kinda speechless,so again,an administration that completly downplayed the situation,saying that there will be zero deaths in usa,are now....making up cases?sounds legit

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    I really can't be blamed for your inability to use a simple search engine. Perhaps you should start by searching "how to use a search engine" and then working your way up from there. I'm sure you can manage if you put on your big boy pants and give it a try.
    Your lazyness is the issue here. Burden of proof is yours to bare if you state something to be true. Google it is not a valid response.

My perspective is, person shot probably died of being shot
    Tinfoil hat comments like this are exactly why the death toll is so insane in the USA. A tiny fraction of recorded deaths weren't 100% guaranteed to be covid. The rest are deaths caused by complications of covid. Gonna say AIDS never killed anyone too with that logic? Since AIDS technically can't kill you, we should just start saying nobody has ever died due to AIDS!

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    im kinda speechless,so again,an administration that completly downplayed the situation,saying that there will be zero deaths in usa,are now....making up cases?sounds legit
    I didn't say anything about making up cases? I'm sure these people died, and I'm sure whoever is marking the cause of death claims are doing the best they can do but each state isn't attributing the cause of death the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Tinfoil hat comments like this are exactly why the death toll is so insane in the USA. A tiny fraction of recorded deaths weren't 100% guaranteed to be covid. The rest are deaths caused by complications of covid.
    I don't know what portion it is so why would I trust any of the numbers?

Gonna say AIDS never killed anyone too with that logic? Since AIDS technically can't kill you, we should just start saying nobody has ever died due to AIDS!
    I dunno, were people being shot and then marked as an aids death? If so I'll look into it
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-05-27 at 05:22 AM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Yeah, it's the right call, with all those thigns that happen worldwide the last thing you need is an event that so many people gather.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Yeah, I hope they use all this time to work as much as possible instead of staying alive and well.
    Staying alive and well isn't that hard.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Well, after Diablo Immortal, Blitzchung, Warcraft Refunded I think last thing Blizzard PR needs is causing second wave of COVID in US. Although, I must say, it would be next logical step.
    Forum-Signature Material right there, well played Sir !

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the right call.

It's also probably the legally safe call, but that doesn't mean it's not the correct one.

That many people (staff and attendees alike) crammed together for that long means someone is spreading shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Honestly they should do an online Blizzcon that gives you access to all the stuff they would have on the show floor for the weekend and some digital events.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably before then to be honest.
    Well it's not like they'll have much...they blew their load at Blizzcon 19...we know the beta will still be in gear or long shot almost wrapped up by then, we know what else is coming.

Honestly it would probably be a weak Blizzcon anyways...