Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Corruption choices

So now that we have buyable corruptions even if on a cycle, what corruptions are you guys striving for, what should be the most optimal for us?

Afaik (but i've just came back to the game) Expedient is one that you absolutely want, then it's the Twisted Appendages/Infinite Stars depending on your corruption resistance and how much you're comfortable with the side effect. You can stack Expedient and be fine generally, TA is better and generally fine for most encounters but requires more corruption and IS the hands down the best on single target.

Credits to the rogue that took the time to explain this to me a couple days ago
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

For Assa it's:

Raids:
    +Haste%
    Infinite Stars/Twisted Appendage for ST(but RNG)

M+:
    Twilight Devastation(but RNG)
    Probably +crit%

PvP:
    Probably +Versatility%
    Probably still some Gushing wounds(nerfed, but still uncounterable)
    Maybe Twisted Appendage(can be easily killed, it happens on the arena if your opponents know how to counter it)

You can sim your additional corruptions in raidbot now though, I'd go with that for raids.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2020-05-25 at 12:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it the same across every spec or slightly different?
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!

For Rogues, twisted appendages is better than infinite stars.

I'm outlaw atm, yes yes I know sin is better but the game just gave me items that are better for that spec (mainly azerite pieces) and tbh can't be bothered to refarm sin gear. I have a lvl3 IS and I honestly don't know. It can produce great numbers, but is very situational, 0 aoe uses and eats up a lot of corruption.

I'm thinking either going with a mix of Strikethrough/Severe or just a full set of GW (it's still in the top 3 dps/corruption for both specs and if I ever get good sin items swapping may be easier.). For sin as Coldkill mentioned Expedient is very very good (according to Bloodmallet it is better on 460 items than IS for dps/corruption).

Tbh I prefer the passive buffs like Expedient, Severe, Strikethrough etc as they don't scale with ilvl.
    Last edited by Avengerx; 2020-05-25 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mibzo View Post
    Is it the same across every spec or slightly different?
    The one I posted above is for Assa. Thanks for pointing that out, just edited the comment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it worth to drop Down ilvls for good corruption affix or is base stats better? Example: i have a 460 ring, get a ilvl 450 ring with IS on it, should I use the one with IS on or keep going with the 460?
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    For Rogues, twisted appendages is better than infinite stars.
    Afaik, the more corruption TA/IS you stack the more versatility becomes better, to the point it's on par with haste/crit. Expedient is always a good thing to have because haste means more energy = faster/easier rotations, independently from the situation. TA being less corruption than IS means you can stack more of it, depending on how much corruption you want to run with.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Afaik, the more corruption TA/IS you stack the more versatility becomes better, to the point it's on par with haste/crit. Expedient is always a good thing to have because haste means more energy = faster/easier rotations, independently from the situation. TA being less corruption than IS means you can stack more of it, depending on how much corruption you want to run with.
    And people should not be fooled by TA not sim’ing very well. We can see from logs that TA can provide up to 300 dps per corruption point (if you’re lucky with the uptime) which is much more than Gushing Wounds ever did.

And people should not be fooled by TA not sim’ing very well. We can see from logs that TA can provide up to 300 dps per corruption point (if you’re lucky with the uptime) which is much more than Gushing Wounds ever did.
    Yeah, same reasoning goes with the essences - while Lucid Dreams sims way higher than anything else, in the end Blood of the Enemy or Condensed Life Force nets you more damage.

And farming any of these is just painful bleargh.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yeah, same reasoning goes with the essences - while Lucid Dreams sims way higher than anything else, in the end Blood of the Enemy or Condensed Life Force nets you more damage.

And farming any of these is just painful bleargh.
    I just checked warcraftlogs. The top log for Assassination on Maut is doing 86 k dps with 171 corruption of TA. That’s 500 dps per corruption point! Completely insane. When Blizzard recently said that Gushing Wounds overall was the most effective corruption they must have based it on either pvp or simulations. Because real logs in pve definitely shows that TA can be much more effective.

I just checked warcraftlogs. The top log for Assassination on Maut is doing 86 k dps with 171 corruption of TA. That’s 500 dps per corruption point! Completely insane. When Blizzard recently said that Gushing Wounds overall was the most effective corruption they must have based it on either pvp or simulations. Because real logs in pve definitely shows that TA can be much more effective.
    Yes but that's why it's the top log; it was lucky RNG.
    The issue with TA is your log will governed by RNG, there will be equally times when it doesn't proc much for you and you feel bad.

Personally I'd only use echoes on expedient's as this will give you more consistent dps and if you happen to get TA items from drops then great give them a whirl. For raiding that is anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by csguba View Post
    Yes but that's why it's the top log; it was lucky RNG.
    The issue with TA is your log will governed by RNG, there will be equally times when it doesn't proc much for you and you feel bad.

Personally I'd only use echoes on expedient's as this will give you more consistent dps and if you happen to get TA items from drops then great give them a whirl. For raiding that is anyway.
    That was the nice part of GW. It was much more consistent. But now that they nerfed it, it’s back to TA and praying to the RNG gods.

I’m also using expedient as I like consistency, but I just got some 485 feet from Mythic Carapace and it would almost be stupid not to put TA on them to take advantage of the high ilvl.

That was the nice part of GW. It was much more consistent. But now that they nerfed it, it’s back to TA and praying to the RNG gods.

I’m also using expedient as I like consistency, but I just got some 485 feet from Mythic Carapace and it would almost be stupid not to put TA on them to take advantage of the high ilvl.
    Sim it first, I wouldn't be surprised if GW still simmed higher on a 485 piece despite the nerf.

Sim it first, I wouldn't be surprised if GW still simmed higher on a 485 piece despite the nerf.
    But the problem is that TA is sim’ing much worse than how it can actually perform. It’s based on RNG but still. For a 475 item TA is sim’ing around 120 dps per corruption, but from real logs we can see that TA is often doing 200-300 dps per corruption. So when it comes to TA I don’t trust the sims.

But the problem is that TA is sim’ing much worse than how it can actually perform. It’s based on RNG but still. For a 475 item TA is sim’ing around 120 dps per corruption, but from real logs we can see that TA is often doing 200-300 dps per corruption. So when it comes to TA I don’t trust the sims.
    How often if I may ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Avengerx View Post
    How often if I may ask?
    I haven’t counted the number of logs. But it’s pretty often. It’s also sad that the “competition” for top parses for some specs is so heavily based on RNG.

Sure on the top logs you're looking at, but that's obviously where people have had good corruption luck. There will be other logs where it is significantly lower, so they've averaged it out for sims. If you like RNG then go ahead but it will always govern how you log rather than having consistency.

Sure on the top logs you're looking at, but that's obviously where people have had good corruption luck. There will be other logs where it is significantly lower, so they've averaged it out for sims. If you like RNG then go ahead but it will always govern how you log rather than having consistency.
    I know all this. The problem is that you’re reliant on “good RNG” to get the top logs and I don’t understand why Blizzard insist on pushing us towards the RNG heavy systems. Other classes which benefits much more from stats don’t have to rely on these RNG heavy systems like Hunter, Warrior and Mage. This is why the nerf to Gushing Wounds suck so much. Because it would have provided us with a consistent alternative that could somewhat compete with the stat-based top specs. I understand that Gushing Wounds was broken in PvP but then they should make a specific fix to that. Gushing Wounds before the nerf was not more powerful for Rogues in PVE than Expedient is for Arms warriors or Masterful for Fire mages.