Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bohoo, been away for ages and wants to be on par with everyone else instantly. I always love the excuse "i am a pvper, i dont do quests" though.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I like how this was a thinly veiled "WoW is dying" thread or at least that's where the OP ended up.

Also, stop comparing shit to Wrath and Cata. That shit originally came out 12 years ago. Game design changes in time. Whether or not you stick around for the changes, is up to you. WoW is not "dead" or "dying." It will go f2p way before that and sustain itself with content patches and microtransactions for many years to come. Especially with an IP as strong as Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Why do you feel entitled to only play one portion of the game and get the same results as smone who plays them all?

As someone who has never done PvE as his primary end game - i PvP almost exclusively - ive never understood this shit. “WAAAHHHH i want to be just as good as someone who does 10x the work without actually doing it!!!11a!1”1!1,”
    PvP and PvE should be largely separate. A player can enjoy both, but often players lean much more towards enjoying one rather than the other. Forcing people to do both only cause people to lose interest.

Imagine if the game forced everyone to PvP. But it doesn't, does it? PvE'rs would have a field day crying about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Blizzard was always a business and was always in it for profits, don't delude yourself into thinking otherwise. The landscape has changed and they had to change with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Then play something else, people have wanted better questlines at max level for a LONG time.

Where the hell were you when we needed to do the MoP legendary quest line or the wod ring quest line anyway? WoW has always had a few hours of mandatory max level questing.
    Old Blizzard was pretty clearly gameplay first, and let the profits speak for themselves. It worked, and for a long time. The passion the devs had was obvious.

Then the people at the top/shareholders got greedy. Same story as thousands of other businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    And that's it. If that. even. So you had a period of let's say 4 years out of 15 where this was not as much of a thing. And even then it was a decade ago, OK?
    What are you even talking about. This absurd shit we have is only since Legion. Even the WoD ring or the MoP cloak was more bearable. And then not to forget how you could target your pvp gear and buy exactly what you needed. Not to mention how we didn't have this many difficulty, and powercreep before. A fresh level 120 has 90k hp. A char in 385 benthic has roughly 200k. Now people are running around with 500k hp. Crazy. Last patches usually let go a lot of requirements and just let people come back, get gear and roflstomp anything. This shitshow? Level your neck, get your cloak, level your cloak, get gear, get corruption, get essences.
    How can anyone with a straight face even suggest that this is usual?
    Even in Legion, you did one or two world quests, and your weapon was fully unlocked.

i tried to unlock the cloak on my alts, cuz "free cloak", right? Even on my main it was a borefest. I am one who loves some lore and questiong but this I swear was meticulously designed to be just as annoying as it could be. You can skip some of it on alts, but not too much.
    But like for reals, what has happened to the quest department? The first time I've noticed this was the lightforged draenei unlock quest line. The dark iron dwarf is even worse.
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-05-27 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    You expect to come back after a long break, and not need to do any catching up to be competitive again? Have you ever played this game before?
    Thats just a veeery unrealistic expectation. Why should you be able to compete with players that did play over the last year, and you did not?
    In wod to do what he wants to do took a few hours in ashran collecting fragments and doing side events. If your side was winning, even better. Then it took some hours of 2vs2 arena to get the better conquest gear as the conquest catch up was in place. The lfg tool made finding groups easy.

Compare that to how it is now.
    The 3 dh spec is increíble.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    So I quit playing around 8.1.5 because well the game sucked lets be honest.

I wanted to come back to kill some time just doing arenas with my buddy, only to find out that to even stand a chance in pvp I basically have to do max level questing (which i despise) for 10-15+ hours just to stand any chance in pvp on ONE CHARACTER (I play lots of alts)

WTF happened to this game? Why are they make it so difficult and grindy for people who just want to pvp and not do any questing get back into the game?

Because its primarily a pve game.

I wanted to come back to kill some time just doing arenas with my buddy, only to find out that to even stand a chance in pvp I basically have to do max level questing (which i despise) for 10-15+ hours just to stand any chance in pvp on ONE CHARACTER (I play lots of alts)

WTF happened to this game? Why are they make it so difficult and grindy for people who just want to pvp and not do any questing get back into the game?
    It's not as bad as you are making it out to be. And once you get your cloak you can skip a bunch of the scenarios if you do it on an alt. My brother has no rank 3 essences and on several toons just leveled in pvp and geared up there except for world quests.

And it's not like you haven't always needed somewhat decent gear to have any chance in pvp.

You skipped two content patches... and expect the game to remain the same? If you stop playing the game, you'll fall behind, and have to catch up. That's a fact. You can't stop playing at 8.1, and still expect perform as well as you did back then, now at patch 8.3.

And what the hell do you need to do that requires "ten to fifteen hours, or more, of play time"?

Im having a similar issue as somebody who just resubbed after launch fail. It seems like all I can do is daily quests for weeks to actually get somewhere else than buying boosts. Out of instance content requires flying. Thats hundreads of daily quests. In instances I do about 50% dmg of ppl with the same gear because I dont have the proper essences and corruptions. Sounds like few dozens or hundreads of dailies again. PvP is beyond retarded clown fiesta because for some reason blizz thought the corruptions and essences are fine for pvp. I guess I farm dailies instead of fighting the enemy again. My char cant do sh*t against actually geared ppl. Bgs are obviously joke. It looks like every pve player afks bgs for the essences...I dont understand how this state of the game is tolerated for blizzard.
    Last edited by Nikeyla; 2020-05-27 at 05:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's because blizzard lost their direction when it came to ingame systems. They had a clear cut path when it came to story, but mechanically they lost their way. Azerite traits was a bust, essences was a bust and the overall system involving the cloak is a bust. It's like they're out of touch with what works and doesn't. Legion had similar grind systems and they were fine. How do they then create multiple grind systems in BFA that all suck?! They dropped the ball when it came to in game mechanics.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

PvP and PvE should be largely separate. A player can enjoy both, but often players lean much more towards enjoying one rather than the other. Forcing people to do both only cause people to lose interest.

Imagine if the game forced everyone to PvP. But it doesn't, does it? PvE'rs would have a field day crying about that.
    What are you smoking ? 2 of BM hunter BiS essence ( conflict and strife/ blood of enemy ) comes from pvp .

Also u think having to quest to get cloak is bad wait till u find ppl with stacked haste/versatile corruption in arena now that those got on vendor xD

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    Because they don’t care about those people. They only care about people who compulsively log in every day to fill a bar. That is Blizzard’s target audience now.
    good - thats how games should be

no game should ever cater to people who take year long gaps.

I literally had to do weeks of PvP for my BiS essences. I like the systems you have a problem with because it gives me something to do. I don't want a game where i am done in 2 weeks.
    But that is taste i guess. The alt thing is annoying though.

If you dont wanna be behind, dont quit. Otherwise, dont come back until a new expansion.

WTF happened to this game?
    8.0 happened, and it was all downhill from there. Hoping that 9.0 turns things around, and just spending your leisure time more effectively is the best solution at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Did you read his damn post? He says PvP. What you can not expect is questing for 15 hours just to PvP. This azerite system is trash. Worse yet, we will have the same shit in shadowlands in a different form...
    Then play Call of Duty if you want Call of Duty character progressing. Since WoW is not Call of Duty, it does require you to actually play the game to be competitive, and PVP is not WoW. It's a side distraction and always has been, and you need to do some PVE content to be competitive. Just like you always have.

Good example of why the game is dying.
    Game has been dying since before Vanilla I think, probably since WC2. If you had one Azerite for every time this nonesense gets repeated you'd be done with that grind already!

Only the people who enjoy spending 5 hours a day on wow every single day doing dailies and all the other shit get to be competitive. People who can't stand doing that longer than a couple months get absolutely fucked over and have zero desire to return to the game until a "full reset" (new expansion), which is what its looking like im going to have to do now cause to hell with doing boring max level questing content just to try to be on even footing in PvP on top of all the essence, corruption, AP, etc grinding.
    That is the idea of an MMO. It is supposed to provide long-term goals that you keep working on. You are never "done", especially if you are interested in expanding your characters power. And no, there is absolutely no need to play 5 hours every day, but you also cannot expect to stay away for 1,5 years and now be handed everything on a silver plate.

There are more then enough catch up mechanics, but you won't just be supplied with everything because in your endless grace and mercy you deigned to log in again. The game does not wait for you and does not revolve around you. If doing a few quests is is too much to ask then go play Overwatch or Fortnite. The game will survive your absence.

You can feel special if you want for being on the spectrum and being able to play like that every single day, but it isn't healthy for the games longevity, which is why every single expansion since they started doing this shit sees numbers dwindling down over the age of the expansion and never bouncing back.
    Actually, it sounds very much like YOU want to feel special and demand that because you only care about PvP everything should be given to you for free.

And your point makes absolutely no sense, adding things for people to do is "unhealthy for the game longevity"? So less content is keeping people subbed? That is one ridiculous theory there. Just because you do not care for any content in the game besides beating up people in PvP does not mean that goes for everyone, content draughts never make people happy.

We are at the moment at the end of the expansion, a certain drop in numbers is completely expected. The last raid is done, not much left to do but M+ and gearing alts while everyone is playing the waiting game for the prepatch of SLs, so of course this is the time where people take breaks and play other games.
    Believe it or not all of this has happened before and will happen again. The game will not die, no matter how much you wish for it in your tantrum.

- - - Updated - - -

Look up how to get the Essence "Blood of the Enemy" on Wowhead, then check how many classes use that as a BiS Major or at least Minor for PvE content.

Otherwise, it doesn't because PvP is not the games focus and never will be. PvE is.
    Last edited by Raisei; 2020-05-27 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Bit of an exaggeration there, most questing you would have to is like... 4 hours if you're slow as fuck to get the cloak.
    Well have fun grinding corruptions afterwards, especially if OP wants to be competitive in pvp. Because good luck without.

I leveled a new toon, and took me about 2 1/2 weeks to get 450+ and get into+10s