Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    You know that all of this is happening while 100k people have died in the US of COVID-19, and the probability of a second wave (in said country) is going up and up, because dumb people cannot stop doing dumb things?
    You are treating this as if all people dont care. Some people like myself are in the boat that the second wave is inevitably coming. I know what the virus is now but we are willing to press on because we are not at risk and are selfish. Yes we are selfish. Not all people are as altruistic as others. We worry about ourselves first. Im sorry but there are way more selfish people who will self preserve vs worrying about those who are vulnerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Well at least Trumps retarded shit show should be over in 8 months.
    Should being the primary word there, but it's unlikely. Trump will be elected again and we get stuck with this for another four years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    You are treating this as if all people dont care. Some people like myself are in the boat that the second wave is inevitably coming. I know what the virus is now but we are willing to press on because we are not at risk and are selfish. Yes we are selfish. Not all people are as altruistic as others. We worry about ourselves first. Im sorry but there are way more selfish people who will self preserve vs worrying about those who are vulnerable.
    Not everyone is like you.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post

Not everyone is like you.
    Yet you act lile there isnt a large portion of people in red states and purple states that arent. When people are pushed to the brink of financial ruin in industries that cant function working from home you will see it. This is why the left is pushing this super heavy stimulus package. There is a choice. Pay for it now or pay for it later. If we pass all this stimulus we all have to admit we will have to pay for it later in higher taxes. This isnt something we can expect the rich to pay for. We are all going to have to pay. Or on the other hand, we do our best to do what we can to protect ourselves and we push on as best we can.

Will it be perfect, of course not. I have been watching what is going on with sports real close. Due to the fact that they shut down relatively early and look to be coming back late in the process. Now these are some of the healthiest people who are at extremely low risk with some at risk coaches and trainers. When the first sports teams come back this summer, if there is a few players who test positive and there will be, what course of action is taken? Does public sentiment cause them to shut down or do they press on? This to me will be extremely important to how we go through this second wave.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Trump now wants to regulate social media platforms. Laughing my ass off.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    This isn't new:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/09/tech/...ftc/index.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, most people know that Trump and his support are selfish. The strange thing, is that you don’t seem to realize what someone of Trump’s wealth being selfish means. When Trump demands states open, that’s selfish because the working man such as your self, doesn’t have their own golf course nor get tested daily. On top of that, unemployment has a $600 bonus, that for a large portion of the people is more than they made working.

I’m not sure how selfish what you are doing is, when you are sacrificing quite a lot in support of Trump. Like... your life... the life of your family and friends. So... don’t be so harsh on your self... you are not selfish... I’m sure Trump appreciates it...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Yes, but alt right has tested that and it appears without the volume of people on youtube and twitter, they fail. Propaganda doesn’t work, without the millions of people being tricked into listening. Without entertainment of YouTube, they don’t have an audience. Only people who are convinced of their ideology will follow and without another reason to be on the platform, they have no way to build an audience.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet you act lile there isnt a large portion of people in red states and purple states that arent.
    Majority... vast majority of humanity is altruistic. We have a term, psychopath, to identify the ill lacking it. It’s what made humanity, well... humanity...

That’s why Trump has to be fearmongering as much as he does. Humans are not as selfish as Trump, while anyone can tell that someone like Trump being selfish with his power, is bad news for you. How selfish of you was it, to support a 15% corporate tax cut, that eliminated a large portion of deductibles for working class? How selfish of you is it, to support a man, whose policy has added an additional 7% gap lowering corporate share of taxes, but increasing individual? How are sacrifices you make for Trump, selfish?

When people are pushed to the brink of financial ruin in industries that cant function working from home you will see it.
    Until Trump acts on ending it, as he complained about it, unemployed are getting an additional 600 per week. Industries are getting 0% loans and bail outs. Your issue is with Trump playing golf, instead of working on helping people in financial ruin. Which again, isn’t selfish, since it only helps Trump.

This is why the left is pushing this super heavy stimulus package. There is a choice. Pay for it now or pay for it later. If we pass all this stimulus we all have to admit we will have to pay for it later in higher taxes. This isnt something we can expect the rich to pay for. We are all going to have to pay. Or on the other hand, we do our best to do what we can to protect ourselves and we push on as best we can.
    Why isn’t it something we can expect the rich to pay for? Because there is a billionaire as president that claimed he pays 0 taxes because he is smart and you unselfishly sacrifice for his benefit?

Will it be perfect, of course not. I have been watching what is going on with sports real close. Due to the fact that they shut down relatively early and look to be coming back late in the process. Now these are some of the healthiest people who are at extremely low risk with some at risk coaches and trainers. When the first sports teams come back this summer, if there is a few players who test positive and there will be, what course of action is taken? Does public sentiment cause them to shut down or do they press on? This to me will be extremely important to how we go through this second wave.
    Just like with Rudy Gabbert, as soon as one player gets it, all leagues will shut down again. If a fan gets it, well... it depends what liability rights Trump succeeds on eliminating. We know he already attacked liability of meat packing plants, which directly attacks workers like you. Once again... that’s not selfish, if you recognize you are next to lose your rights.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Yet you act lile there isnt a large portion of people in red states and purple states that arent. When people are pushed to the brink of financial ruin in industries that cant function working from home you will see it. This is why the left is pushing this super heavy stimulus package. There is a choice. Pay for it now or pay for it later. If we pass all this stimulus we all have to admit we will have to pay for it later in higher taxes. This isnt something we can expect the rich to pay for. We are all going to have to pay. Or on the other hand, we do our best to do what we can to protect ourselves and we push on as best we can.

Oh now you're worried about a second wave? Literally days ago you couldn't wait for everything to open and how it has to happen now.

As for the stimulus the rich can pay it back by paying off the tax cuts we just gave them.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh now you're worried about a second wave? Literally days ago you couldn't wait for everything to open and how it has to happen now.

As for the stimulus the rich can pay it back by paying off the tax cuts we just gave them.
    The problem is that unless you are rich, you can’t be selfish in supporting Trump. Not being rich and supporting Trump, is like reverse Robin Hood... still not selfish, just bizarre...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Now the baby is mad and threatens to intervene in their companies.
    This is censorship. Trump, and his supporters, are now pushing for censorship. Twitter is a private (not government) company with its own terms of service, and Trump is saying he wants to change their rules so that more statements like his are on it. Changing someone else's message by force is censorship, and when done by the government, is unConstittutiona.

"That's not what cens--"

He said "close them down". Yes, it is.

Two things:

1) Every TV station, radio station, and online media forum needs to see this and think about what that means. Included in "think about what that means" is "if Trump can do this, Biden can do this". I want FOX News to think about Biden saying "FOX News must stop airing Hannity or the federal government will shut them down" and think about if Biden has the authority to do so. If it's okay for Trump to do this, it's okay for Biden to do this.

2) Again, I'd love to see him try. If Trump makes a federal case against Twitter, for example, I'm pretty sure Twitter can just cut his account. In addition, Trump would have to say, in court (by proxy most likely) that he wanted strong government regulations, so strong that the Constitution prevents them -- but he wants to do it anyhow. I want the Party of Trump to admit that they want censorship, regulations, and to break the Constitution, and I want them to do so under oath.

The second, the second that happens, every single Trump supporter on these forums will by proxy have admitted the same.

A second wave is all but certain in the US. Sadly.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    If the second wave catches up to the first geographically speaking, is it the 1.5 wave? Or is this a Breccia question since math is their specialty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This is censorship. Trump, and his supporters, are now pushing for censorship. Twitter is a private (not government) company with its own terms of service, and Trump is saying he wants to change their rules so that more statements like his are on it. Changing someone else's message by force is censorship, and when done by the government, is unConstittutiona.

"That's not what cens--"

He said "close them down". Yes, it is.

Two things:

1) Every TV station, radio station, and online media forum needs to see this and think about what that means. Included in "think about what that means" is "if Trump can do this, Biden can do this". I want FOX News to think about Biden saying "FOX News must stop airing Hannity or the federal government will shut them down" and think about if Biden has the authority to do so. If it's okay for Trump to do this, it's okay for Biden to do this.

2) Again, I'd love to see him try. If Trump makes a federal case against Twitter, for example, I'm pretty sure Twitter can just cut his account. In addition, Trump would have to say, in court (by proxy most likely) that he wanted strong government regulations, so strong that the Constitution prevents them -- but he wants to do it anyhow. I want the Party of Trump to admit that they want censorship, regulations, and to break the Constitution, and I want them to do so under oath.

The second, the second that happens, every single Trump supporter on these forums will by proxy have admitted the same.
    The problem being the republicans recognize that democrats unlike them are not bad actors and would not be willing to actually use the same playbook trump is. So they basically see it as a cudgel their own party can use without any fear of retaliation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Second wave, lol...

Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    TIL that censoring people and silencing people is the same thing as adding a little link that fact checks what is being said, but keeps those statements intact. Amazing!

"They're interfering in the election!"

And he's still pushing the murder thing.

What a large piece of orange, human shit.
    Our right wing free speech stalwarts will no doubt be denouncing Trump's appalling, unconstitutional big government overreach any minute now. Annnnnnnnny minute now....
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Second wave, lol...
    I imagine "Back to School" will definately be a significant wave.

South Korea has reported its highest daily number of coronavirus cases in 49 days just as more than 2 million pupils return to school. 40 new cases of Covid-19 have been reported today. Most related to the nightclub cluster in Seoul. It’s making teachers ever more vigilant..

What happens in the fall when cases start popping up in schools? Close the class? Close the school? Close the district? And for how long?

There will be a lot of angry parents voting this fall.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Chuck Norris did warn us that if Obama got a second term there would be a thousand years of darkness. I just don't think he thought it would be his political side that kicked it all off.
    Kind of messed up that its his wife that says that but it gets attributed to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    "We won't be silenced!"
    *threatens to literally silence an entire platform*

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    "We won't be silenced!"
    *threatens to literally silence an entire platform*
    Also, the irony being that he's already being "silenced" on the platform by his insane measure.

Truly the most snowflakiest of snowflakes. And I'm not even entirely opposed to making social media companies like traditional media companyes.

Why?

Because then conservatives will actually see themselves being silenced. No more Facebook groups for conspiracy theories about Bill Gates creating the coronavirus to infect the world and require a vaccine he created to inject microchips into us, that's fake, misleading, and irresponsible and Facebook's gotta take it down! Those posts from people alleging widespread voter fraud in support of Trump on Twitter? Sorry, those are gone too. Oh, you think that what you posted was factual and Twitter disagrees? Tough cookie, kid.

They're basically sprinting towards Pandora's Box, past crowds of people warning and pleading for them to stop and past giant warning signs everywhere saying this is a bad idea. And they think this is winning.

My nearly non-existent social media use won't be impacted in the slightest. Theirs will. If Trump doesn't like a fact-check on his lies, he's gonna be REALLY mad when Twitter just starts making them disappear.

It's truly a pathetic moment in US history, and the mark of a truly tiny, pathetic, small, insecure little child stuck in the body of a septuagenarian.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Kind of messed up that its his wife that says that but it gets attributed to him.
    In the clip she attributes it to Ronald Reagan

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/301...estiny-we-will
    You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children’s children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Someone on their legal team has to be shitting their pants by now. If ANYTHING happens to those two, Twitter will be looking down the barrel of a yuge lawsuit.
    How so? How is fact checking something that facebook also does now worthy of a law suit?