7+ Year Old Account
    While I do find it a bit odd how Void Elves can just look like normal Blood(High?) elves and really not having much difference between the two... I guess it's now more of a case of pandaren and which side they want to be on. So finally this can come to a rest, yeah? Void Elves can look like High Elves and pretend they are one and side with the Alliance - while Blood Elves get blue eyes and stick to their fancy city while siding with the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    No, because if it says Void Elf on the character screen and doesn't have paladin it's not enough. /s
    This is unironically what some people think.

Quote Originally Posted by sarkayan View Post
    but why all the drama? These eyes are not High Elf eyes, they are blue glowing eyes, High elves eyes are blue but not magic like this, they are just regular eyes with blue iris, opaque, without glow or anything. It is totally different.
    For MOST players, High Elf is just an aesthetic (fair skin/blue eyes/Alliance). So most people are going to go "yeah that's High Elf".

Could you please close this threat for once and for all?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Would need paladins to be complete I guess.
    Maybe in the future, it all depends. But honestly this is pretty perfect because now Void Elves get to look like Alleria, especially with the new change to Entropic Embrace!!

Also looks like Void Elves are finally getting hair options with NO tentacles. Based on this image here with the dark skin Void Elf.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Hahaha, well, I guess both sides win, except the ones that wanted High Elves to be a unique Alliance race with paladins.
    Congrats.
    Let's wait another 14 years. Life finds a way eventually
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by sarkayan View Post
    but why all the drama? These eyes are not High Elf eyes, they are blue glowing eyes, High elves eyes are blue but not magic like this, they are just regular eyes with blue iris, opaque, without glow or anything. It is totally different.
    It may be the new high elf standard, NPCs will probably have the same blue eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    A Void Elf with normal tone isn't close enough?
    If they let us disable the racials and voicelines etc then sure I guess, but not like that'll happen.

I love that we're finally getting blue eyes but doesn't giving void elves BE skin tones cross a line between them being an Allied Race to being a base race with extra cosmetic features? There should be something extra to distinguish Horde elves.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I think this thread should be locked now. What further purpose will it serve?
    AFAIK all High Elf related questions are directed to be asked here; even though my previous 2 questions were left unanswered here
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Lol I guess that's one way to do it. Horde get High elves, Alliance get British high elves that randomly turn purple.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    So the only difference between Void Elves and High Elves will be hair?
    I imagine they will differentiate them more over time.

To be frank, I believe they've just grown tired of the endless debate and are telling everyone to fuck off now.

A Void Elf with normal skin tones however is still a Void Elf, without the ability to be a Paladin and without the lore connection to the sunwell.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy View Post
    While I do find it a bit odd how Void Elves can just look like normal Blood(High?) elves and really not having much difference between the two... I guess it's now more of a case of pandaren and which side they want to be on. So finally this can come to a rest, yeah? Void Elves can look like High Elves and pretend they are one and side with the Alliance - while Blood Elves get blue eyes and stick to their fancy city while siding with the Horde!
    Yes, and the entire point this time was just give the options to players and let them come up with their own RP for why and such. Now BE players can RP "I'm a High Elf that came back" and Void Elf players can RP as High Elves that have been loyal to the Alliance.

No one really cares about the racials as much as the look. High Elves both sides was the way to go.

So does this mean this thread can finally die?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpleton View Post
    I love that we're finally getting blue eyes but doesn't giving void elves BE skin tones cross a line between them being an Allied Race to being a base race with extra cosmetic features? There should be something extra to distinguish Horde elves.
    We can finally say that the whole "looking the same on both sides damages faction identity" spiel Ion gave in April 2018 was BS. Also his confirmation Blood Elves not getting Blue Eyes.

Essentially, it's easy to see that when players ask for customization options, Blizzard should just deliver instead of being stuck up about things the majority of the playerbase don't give a shit about.

Customization won over "muh faction identity" today.

Now need the paladin class for VE and farstrider tattoos for the 2 playable Thalassian races.

Congrats on the skin tones and eyes guys, it seems Blizzard pulled the trigger. I know it's not the High Elves yall want but maybe this will help?

And that's the ballgame. Drive safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    So does this mean this thread can finally die?
    Yes this thread can be locked and probably should be.

High Elves as a standalone Allied race will never happen.

With both races getting customisations, what purpose does this thread serve?

Kinda feel like just quitting WoW now, had a good 12 years, but eh, maybe the disappointment will abate with time.