It's over... it's finally over.

7+ Year Old Account
    So, purple eyes for Blood elf when
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    It's over... it's finally over.
    What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Except you are proving us right. We said for years that if this happened and if it was accepted, it was proof it was just a desire for fair skin tones. I am not surprised to have been proven right.

I wonder, will the resistance to the idea that void elves can change other elves into void elves now vanish or are the pros still going to insist they can only come from particular group at one moment in time?

Correct.
    And I am not surprised to have you proven wrong with "No fair skin tones for void elf blabla faction identity blablah"

Both sides are winning today.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Looks to me like Void Elves get sort of purple pinkish eyes

5+ Year Old Account
    When Void Elves can be Paladins

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy View Post
    This is what I really hope for. Love those elves but the player version look so terrible... There's some Shadowlands image with a male Nightborne in combat who now got squinted eyes so maybe?
    Wait, really? Where is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    They have practically confirmed that Nelves are getting a new city though. Silvermoon may be damned to never get updated in comparison.

Darnassus mostly got torched because there was no way to bring it to life in a satisfactory way with their engine. Plus drama and clicks.
    Honestly, they could do proper giant tree on the modern engine if they wanted to. There already is an object of that scale in the game:

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Looks to me like Void Elves get sort of purple pinkish eyes
    Yeah we can finally match one of the Windrunner Eyes

Looks like Hearthstone spoils it for us again!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    When Void Elves can be Paladins
    Considering purple is an arcane color, which blood elves are known for their mastery of, it's not weird

Paladins are a literal antithesis to the Void
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

5+ Year Old Account
    Considering purple is an arcane color, which blood elves are known for their mastery of, it's not weird
    Nothing is weird considering both "races" are sharing customization options now.

Question though - what is the point of giving Blood Elves blue eyes?

7+ Year Old Account
    Nothing is weird considering both "races" are sharing customization options now.
    True

Guess everything is possible now. Hell, they should add Taunka and Yaungol

Giving them back a regular eye color

5+ Year Old Account
    Now we know why Morgan Day said Blood Elves have 'over 40' options, half went to Void Elves

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Honestly, they could do proper giant tree on the modern engine if they wanted to. There already is an object of that scale in the game:
    I think it's possible to get something RESEMBLING IT, but also there's no NPCs or buildings on the sword that could cause lag when they're all stacked around it.

I'm expecting them to do something with Hyjal that's more akin to the tree trunk cities from Northrend, because that isn't as compact.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really curious if we're gonna see a lore explanation behind it.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

I don't think you understand what Ion actually 'ruled out' in April 2018. It was that for BFA, no High Elves as an Allied Race. Hence he ended with "Anything's possible in the future, but no plans in the near term for High Elves as an Allied Race."

This was elaborated during Blizzcon 2018 where during a fanmeet on the showfloor Ion told a High Elf fan, "just because they're not in bfa doesn't mean they won't be in WoW ever".

Which supports what I've said earlier, Ion including the desire for something to be more different during a faction conflict expansion (aka BFA). Same reasoning for why they went with Dark Iron Dwarves over Wildhammer during BFA.

A "ruled out" looks like when Ion said he can confirm that blue eyes on blood elves are not happening as that doesn't make sense for how they've evolved. That's what ruling out looks like.

Again, an option in which Afrasiabi in Blizzcon 2018 stated "is possible, don't give up hope, just be respectful about it" the last bit highlighting the forum drama back then.

You seem to have trouble understanding what a proper ruling out is and you seem to have again convinced yourself in your mind that certain decisions have been made and set.

You did it with blue eyes on blood elves before, I wouldn't start so soon again on that path if I were you.

Nothing about High Elves whether as a stand-alone or as Void Elf customizations has been "ruled out". If anything, all the statements have left the possibilities open.

- - - Updated - - -

"Any sort of resolution impossible" untrue. Blizzard will just have to decide which way they'd like to go. Do they want to grant both sides blue eyes elves, or do they want to grant Alliance their long-time request.

We've already seen Blizzard aren't afraid of releasing things that makes one side unhappy -> Mechagnomes and Vulpera AR pairing. Giving Horde Nightborne when both sides wanted it and them knowing whoever got it would see it as a "big get".

So it's very likely they'll deal with the High Elf request in a similar fashion. One thing's for sure though, they're not gonna leave it on the backburner forever.

Why? Because like how people kept complaining about Pathfinder for old expansions, and AR having reps attached etc, they've finally dealt with those complaints after appearing to not answer it for so long.

And the character creation overhaul is helping slightly different looking races like Wildhammer (and in a similar vein for High Elves) to be added as well with the focus on subtler customization options while also giving more breadth of options.

Of course one is free to think they'll do nothing. But that they acknowledged it in this year's April Fools, and seeing as the request isn't going to go away, seems unlikely they'll leave it alone. You don't acknowledge something at all if you want it to go away.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're referring to Stiven, I believe he's just annoyed with all the "omg why are you putting blue eyes on them when it was said they're not coming, stop aggravating us!!" commenters, and I feel he's right in doing that. Some people are way too sensitive. The crowd that wanted the blue eyes on blood elves just to spite High Elf fans are now getting upset at seeing those options after Ion confirmed they're not coming.

It's like when people say "omfg I just wish they'd kill all High Elves in the game so people stop talking about it". Shows a level of extreme sensitivity and lack of self-control when someone wants something like that when it's pretty easy to avoid topics about it on various forums.

Sometimes Wowhead speculates on stuff I find dumb, or people on forums do, I just don't enter into those conversations. So I think Stiven is doing that out of spite in that same vein. You can see on his Twitter he got annoyed by the comments.
    they went with both sides, this effectively kills any chance of a proper high elf race, half will be satisfied the other will continue but at a much diminished number and far less likely to get what they want.

5+ Year Old Account
    If you have the chance to make two groups happy, why not do it?

Literally zero beyond roleplaying a High Elf traitor (lol) or a Blood Elf that isn't too connected to fel or the Sunwell. People WERE asking for it (mostly just to piss people off) so they got it.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    I'm really curious if we're gonna see a lore explanation behind it.