The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Saw today's news, all I can do is sigh. So we're at the point now where race means nothing, right? Like you can be a High Elf yet the string says Void Elf or Blood Elf.

I should specify I'm not against this. But if Blizz wanted this they should have just made a neutral High Elf race.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Saw today's news, all I can do is sigh. So we're at the point now where race means nothing, right? Like you can be a High Elf yet the string says Void Elf or Blood Elf.
    Honestly, race mattering went away with neutral Pandaren.

Also it's purely cosmetic. So it doesn't matter anyway.

I should specify I'm not against this. But if Blizz wanted this they should have just made a neutral High Elf race.
    Blizz wanted High Elf on Horde to be a big deal in TBC, and now they realized both sides have a good niche for them with different powersets (Void vs Light). It was a natural progression of the games development. (I do find it funny was fel was "their thing" but now both races can use fel and other than green gems on Belves they have practically no fel theming anymore.)

The "High Elves" on Alliance still are void powered canonically so they'll be turning purple every now and then. Lore, voicelines, racials and slightly different aesthetics is all that's need for a new race. Aaaand the Velf identity gets a lot more interesting with them being both transformed exiles and sympathetic High Elf supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    But for the Horde.
    When Mag'har switch to Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm guessing info about Castlevania raid + prepatch info and MAYBE release date for prepatch, most likely "in the coming weeks"

Lowkey, if they were like "hey we actually hid this from everyone but here's the huge class revamp we've had working behind the scenes, it's ready for SL" I would shit myself
    Announcement of the new Whip weapon class ;P

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    When Mag'har switch to Alliance.
    Lightforged Mag'har lol

If they did that, that's just...too much.

10+ Year Old Account

They're all Thalassian elves. Changing PC race's name just ain't possible so Belf and Velf stay there.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty mad tbh

Vrykul humans when
    I want Vrykul so bad its probably my biggest race request.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lightforged Mag'har lol

If they did that, that's just...too much.
    Honestly, only thing stopping the Lightbound Orcs becoming Alliance race in upcoming Lightlords of Draenor expansion is that there is no human faction to join the Horde.

inb4 that Expansion also features AU azeroth and the humans from there join Horde

10+ Year Old Account

Well HE is mostly a political stand, so if you have HE in the Horde, they are just BE, and VE with HE skin, MAY BE just the new VE trainees (we see some of those in the VE starting zone), without the whole accident that made them purple, they may be able to retain most of their looks.

But for the Horde.
    If you want ogres, the Alliance is there for you!
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Honestly, only thing stopping the Lightbound Orcs becoming Alliance race in upcoming Lightlords of Draenor expansion is that there is no human faction to join the Horde.

inb4 that Expansion also features AU azeroth and the humans from there join Horde
    Arathi humans lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well HE is mostly a political stand, so if you have HE in the Horde, they are just BE, and VE with HE skin, MAY BE just the new VE trainees (we see some of those in the VE starting zone), without the whole accident that made them purple, they may be able to retain most of their looks.
    That... actually works lorewise.

Alleria got her powers gradually under Locust Walker's tutelage. She still retains her normal High Elf look outside of Void Form proc.
    The first batch of Void Elves under Umbric got overwhelmed by the accident, and got permanent void corruptions on them. Elves that joined the movement later, got more gradual tutoring in the void powers like Alleria did and can retain more uncorrupted look compared to Umbric and his Void-Blasted class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Lightforged Undead?
    Close enough I guess :P

Not even kidding, wanting "muscle humans just like the regular ones that are kul tiran height but sexy not fat and have less classes" is going to be the next big thing and I can't wait for it to not happen.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Not even kidding, wanting "muscle humans just like the regular ones that are kul tiran height but sexy not fat and have less classes" is going to be the next big thing and I can't wait for it to not happen.
    Tbh I just want Vrykul because viking culture/aesthetic is sick as hell and I'd love a race with a fleshed out tattoo selection.

Might be a good way to give the Alliance some teeth too.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Well the blue eyes for Belves is a giant slap in the face, why not just give regular green eyed Belves to the Alliance at this point anyways, Blizzard clearly has no regard for the faction divide anyways. Probably loads of goblins that would like to join the Alliance, let them as well, same with Tauren.

I mean, honestly. This is insulting to the Alliance. High Elves have blatantly been Alliance aligned. Not even like Blizzard has been coy about this, they flaunt at every chance they get.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Does anyone think the Venthyr covenant ability is balance-able (I know a lot of people think it will be required for raiding and mythic+)? Like would it make it more fair if the teleport covenant ability has a long cast time (e.g. 4-5 seconds) so that it can't be abused in all raid situations since you would lose a lot of DPS if you use it in combat or not be able to get it off in time before a raid boss "beam" hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by rampagingtaco43 View Post
    Does anyone think the Venthyr covenant ability is balance-able (I know a lot of people think it will be required for raiding and mythic+)? Like would it make it more fair if the teleport covenant ability has a long cast time (e.g. 4-5 seconds) so that it can't be abused in all raid situations since you would lose a lot of DPS if you use it in combat or not be able to get it off in time before a raid boss "beam" hits you.
    Depends on how the dungeons are designed. They could all be designed in such a way that a full venthyr group is only a tiny timesave in ideal conditions, same as current MDI meta with 5 Nelf teams.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Well the blue eyes for Belves is a giant slap in the face, why not just give regular green eyed Belves to the Alliance at this point anyways, Blizzard clearly has no regard for the faction divide anyways. Probably loads of goblins that would like to join the Alliance, let them as well, same with Tauren.

I mean, honestly. This is insulting to the Alliance. High Elves have blatantly been Alliance aligned. Not even like Blizzard has been coy about this, they flaunt at every chance they get.
    You're in the clear minority here considering most people seem to understand Blizzard's intentions of "here's this thing you asked for plus more".

That description just makes me think of muscle sanic.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're in the clear minority here considering most people seem to understand Blizzard's intentions of "here's this thing you asked for plus more".
    Outside of Blizzard being trolly and a tad bit snarky when it comes to this subject? Yeah and while I don't think the faction divide is somehow gone, Blood Elves still feel odd on the Horde compared to everything else and now the Nightborne to in that regard. Blizz did better then what we all originally thought BUT by no means perfect but its still *good*.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi