7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I don't know, I hope gold (denoting the Sunwell) and purple (denoting the void) remain unique. You can explain away your void elf keeping green or blue eyes, but Sunwell-infused gold is just antithetical to what you are. That at least is one visual difference each race should should retain IMO.
    Well yeah certain small stuff like that sure, I'm mostly talking about the big picture stuff.

Best day of the year!!!!!!!!

I still want void elf paladins and blonde hair, but I’ll settle for this! It’s a huge improvement!! And blonde hair is very likely, since we got the skin colors we could easily get the hair colors, and WoW will probably reach a point where every race can be every classic race.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Yeah I'm aware of that. But I want to see a deeper explanation. Why blood and high elves are such attracted by the void. What's Lorthemar thinking about it ? What are the consequences for Quel'Thalas etc...
    All the void elves together could easily destroy the Sunwell again.

I remember Alleria's words, "Someday Silvermoon will stand on the side of the Alliance again. I know that."

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    They will still have their racials, which means voidform proc in combat.
    That doesn't necessarily mean its biological. I'm more willing to assume the skin and tentacles is the transformation, and they're adding tentacle-less hairstyles.

Everyone will have the same echo voice but that's just a gameplay thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    Best day of the year!!!!!!!!

I still want void elf paladins and blonde hair, but I’ll settle for this! It’s a huge improvement!! And blonde hair is very likely, since we got the skin colors we could easily get the hair colors, and WoW will probably reach a point where every race can be every classic race.
    Hell yeah!!! The best takeaway from this is they're moving away from their old-ass restrictions and opening up customization in a huuuuuge way, and allowing cross-pollination so to speak lol

This gets us ever closer to 'pick your race/class/faction' than ever before. Progress has been made, and they've at the very least said character customization will never end as they always want to open up more ways for players to express themselves in the World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I don't know, I hope gold (denoting the Sunwell) and purple (denoting the void) remain unique. You can explain away your void elf keeping green or blue eyes, but Sunwell-infused gold is just antithetical to what you are. That at least is one visual difference each race should should retain IMO.
    Agree. Seeing as Void Elves seem to be getting purple as well now, that and gold are basically perfect counterparts for the two races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    All the void elves together could easily destroy the Sunwell again.

I remember Alleria's words, "Someday Silvermoon will stand on the side of the Alliance again. I know that."

Now I'm wouldn't be too surprised if a civil war is what awaits Silvermoon for the future.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    That doesn't necessarily mean its biological. I'm more willing to assume the skin and tentacles is the transformation, and they're adding tentacle-less hairstyles.

Everyone will have the same echo voice but that's just a gameplay thing.
    Yup!! Just like how Thalassian Bob said you can RP your Blue Eyed Blood Elf as a High Elf who came back to Silvermoon, so can people RP their Blue Eyed Human Skin Void Elves as Silvermoon Defectors/High Elves from those same places (Allerian Stronghold) etc that came to officially help Alliance and learned to control the Void in a way similar to Alleria while still maintaining biologically being a High Elf.

This type of RP is what Danuser was talking about supporting by giving the visual options and letting players decide who/what their characters are.

I'm really curious if we're gonna see a lore explanation behind it.
    I really hope so. Void Elves really need some lore love since their introduction was so rocky and they got little to no development in BfA beyond opening portals, banishing shredders to the void, and animating dinosaurs remains into void constructs. A bit of lore explaining the how and why High Elves are joining the Ren'dorei would be welcome and perhaps explain the new options (maybe new Void Elves are being made through a new process that combines elements of Alleria's process and Durzaan's ritual)

For this to really appease those asking for High Elves I think it's necessary. While clearly many likely just care about the aesthetic (and there's nothing wrong with that), I think there's still just as many who care about the lore as well. I know I do.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-05-27 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    A fair skinned void elf in this case would likely just be a High Elf/Blood Elf using void powers taught by the transformed void elves. Void Elf would become a "politics" race instead of solely the transformed species of Ren'dorei.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they will keep Umbric and the main guys as the new species because otherwise there's no notable forces of the purple people. I don't think they're going to eradicate that part of their identity just because most people will play fair skinned.

Alleria is there for the Helf rep, Umbric and his crew is there as the Velf rep. We just desperately need more velves in lore beyond one.
    Oh I am not saying Umbric has to turn into a pink skin void elf, but I think some void elves being able to revert to their pink form has to do with knowledge they learned since settling in Telogrus Rift.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

As someone who likes the void part of void elves, the only thing that personally excites me about this is the void purple eye color that is also teased in these images, haha.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I really hope so. Void Elves really need some lore love since their introduction was so rocky and got little to no development in BfA beyond opening portals, banishing shredders to the void, and animating dinosaurs remains into void constructs. A bit of lore explaining the how and why High Elves are joining the Ren'dorei would be welcome and perhaps explain the new options (maybe new Void Elves are being made through a new process that combines elements of Alleria's process and Durzaan's ritual)

For this to really appease those asking for High Elves I think it's necessary. While clearly many likely just care about the aesthetic (and there's nothing wrong with that), I think there's still just as many who care about the lore as well. I know I do.
    They should definitely add more lore if possible to properly explain the new options. But for me personally, I'm not too hassled by it either way. Danuser gave the go-ahead to headcanon what you like and for it to be the true story/origin of your character.

But I do understand that it feels good when the game itself also recognizes those stories/origins as well. Hope for it!

My concern now is that this announcement calls into question how much we can really trust the words of the devs in interviews anymore. The recent interview with Ion clearly said Blood Elves were not getting blue eyes and that they were for NPC's only. Now suddenly not only are Blood Elves getting blue eyes, but Void Elves are also getting carbon copies of Blood Elf skin tones which is something I really did not expect Blizzard to ever do.

With that said, I will appreciate having a wider range of options for my Void Elf and Blood Elf characters. I can only hope Blizzard slips in some Nightborne customization so they can look more like the NPC's and perhaps enable those NPC red eyes and san'layn/dark ranger skin tones for Blood Elves so they can Rp as members of those groups.
    its almost as if they took the playerbases wishes in to account and changed their minds. seirouly. how ungrateful are people anyway.

This. If this change isn't accompanied by some piece of information indicating that a large grouping of High Elves have adjoined themselves to the Void Elves, it'll just be a continuation of the shallow, valueless, "customization" that we were presented with throughout BfA (in the form of Allied Races).

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    It's over... it's finally over.
    nope. now starts the people using this as a reason why their race should get something they have always wanted. give an inch...

Now I'm wouldn't be too surprised if a civil war is what awaits Silvermoon for the future.
    Of course with the help of the High Elves of the Silver Covenant!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    and blonde hair, but I’ll settle for this! It’s a huge improvement!! And blonde hair is very likely, since we got the skin colors we could easily get the hair colors, and WoW will probably reach a point where every race can be every classic race.
    this is the part where I become a naysayer and join Strippling and Kai
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

High Void Elves burning down Silvermoon?

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    its almost as if they took the playerbases wishes in to account and changed their minds. seirouly. how ungrateful are people anyway.
    I have no objection to them changing their minds. It happens all the time in game development. I mean they originally said at Blizzcon that only core races were getting customization options at Shadowlands launch but here we are with customization for Void Elves forthcoming.

My issue is that that specific interview was so recent. Ion had to have know these options were already coming and he outright lied in that interview. At the very least, I hope his next interview addresses this about face. Even something as simple as saying "we didn't want to spoil the surprise and that's why we said the blue eyes were for npcs only" would suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    this is the part where I become a naysayer and join Strippling and Kai
    Yeah, after rereading the announcement, it specifically says only skintones. So hair might not be happening. Disappointing, but I'm still insanely happy with this!