Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Yes, though i assume that the underwear is going to be changed, and Blizzard just pasted a BE character gave it some of the VE hairstyles and eye colors for the sake of show case.
    Yeah, since the Void Elf and Blood Elf body models are basically identical, it takes roughly one second to put the Blood Elf skins on a Void Elf. That's probably what they did, and with that, it also ported the underwear to them, since that is attached to the texture map. Hopefully when it's actually ingame, the High Elf skins for Void Elves will use either the Void Elf underwear or the Blood Elf underwear but with the red made blue.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm aware emotions are running high with this new announcement, but please remember basic civility and decorum - discuss the changes constructively and don't start insulting and/or demeaning those you disagree with for whatever reasons.
    I've had people telling me before that any helf related question should be posted here. Should it remain the same way or is this thread gonna be closed eventually?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Actually, no, my side didn't lose. You don't have high elves. You have Void elves with normal skin tones. That is still a Void Elf. I will admit that I've 'lost' the moment you can make an Alliance Void Elf Paladin.
    I'd be careful about making such declarations were I you. With all this customization craze and the back tracking on eyes/skin tones I would no longer be surprised if Blizzard did just that and added Paladins to Void Elves albeit with void themed visuals rather than holy light themed ones. It would make about as much sense as any of these other additions in the absence of an in-game lore dump.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-05-27 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    To be fair, i prefer if the old VE cannot retain their "natural" color, i like to think that all the non-purple skin VE are the new batch of trainees (those that we see in the VE starting area), cause they got actual training and not corrupted in an accident as the rest, the got to control better the side effect of their transformation, letting them stay just like Alleria
    Hopefully we see that fleshed out in game as well. However, I suspected that they would be able to better claim mastery over the void as the story progressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    My concern now is that this announcement calls into question how much we can really trust the words of the devs in interviews anymore. The recent interview with Ion clearly said Blood Elves were not getting blue eyes and that they were for NPC's only. Now suddenly not only are Blood Elves getting blue eyes, but Void Elves are also getting carbon copies of Blood Elf skin tones which is something I really did not expect Blizzard to ever do.
    they probably always planned to give blood elves blue eyes, but went into damage control after the outrage, so decided to just give VE blue eyes too as a compromise, doubt VE would have gotten fair skin and blue eyes if not for the fan reaction

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    They did something about it, wherein your post you implied they'd do absolutely nothing for fear of 'upsetting both sides'. It's always been said that getting something is better than nothing, very true here in that many on both sides are happy.

Only very very few are truly sour.
    some ones missing the shit show in the offical forums and wow head. grabs some pop corn its really good.

Actually, no, my side didn't lose. You don't have high elves. You have Void elves with normal skin tones. That is still a Void Elf. I will admit that I've 'lost' the moment you can make an Alliance Void Elf Paladin.
    The next classes to add to the void elves / high elves:

- DH
    - Paladin

the next class to add to the bronzebeard / wildhammer dwarfs:

- druid

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I'd be careful making such declarations were I you. With all this customization craze and the back tracking on eyes/skin tones I would no longer be surprised if Blizzard did just that and added Paladins to Void Elves albeit with void themed visuals rather than holy light themed ones. It would make about as much sense as any of these other additions in the absence of an in-game lore dump.
    I mean, in the audiobook Aleria was able to weid both light and void. It would not be like a similar thing has not been established.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    The next classes to add to the void elves / high elves:

- DH
    - Paladin

the next class to add to the bronzebeard / wildhammer dwarfs:

- druid

Dwarf Druids would be so cool, but I think it would take a while for that to happen, since they'd have to make new forms.

Come now, we both know you'll just make up another excuse when that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    they probably always planned to give blood elves blue eyes, but went into damage control after the outrage, so decided to just give VE blue eyes too as a compromise, doubt VE would have gotten fair skin and blue eyes if not for the fan reaction
    Yeah, that's what I think as well. I'm happy with this, though. I'm still not on board with void elf paladins or anything like that, but I hope this makes some high elf fans happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Dwarf Druids would be so cool, but I think it would take a while for that to happen, since they'd have to make new forms.
    A bear with shaggy hairs and a big beard!

<3

New Blood Elf Customization Options

Looks like @Obelisk Kai will have to find a new thread to devote 95% of his posting time. Void Elves get to look like High Elves!

If I want to play a blue eyed, fair-skinned, blonde-haired elf, The Horde is there for me, you say, @Obelisk Kai!? Well guess what!? Now if I want a blue-eyed, blonde-haired, fair-skinned High Elf, THE ALLIANCE is there for me!!! You know what that means!?

Here. If you have a milkshake. And I have a milkshake. And if I have a straw... My straw reaches acrooooooooooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake. I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!

I want you to admit you were wrong, because I WAAAAARRRRRNED you it would be glorious!!! I told you I would eat you up!!! Now Alliance players can have High Elves! I am the third revelation!!!

--- snip ---

I'm finished.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-05-27 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

So should we campaign for hair colors or paladins next?

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    I mean, in the audiobook Aleria was able to weid both light and void. It would not be like a similar thing has not been established.
    Was it mentioned anywhere that Alleria couldn't use Light anymore? I know Turalyon were left gasping in pain after Alleria tossed him through a Void Portal, but he is a Lightforged and Light accepts only one truth and is less open to alternative paths and methods than Void.

I find irisses less important as long as something is in the eye that still gives a looking direction which most do have. However what hurts more for expressions is lack of eyebrows that several races have. Trolls in particular suffer from it. They are important parts for expression among humans. Though a brow can still function without the obvious eyebrow, it's effect is deminished. The azerothian elves actually suffer a lack of expression too because theirs are so huge, making the subtlety get lost to easily.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

15+ Year Old Account
    Omg awesome. My e-mail to blizzard did something!
    Just waiting for some blondish void hair and we can finally close this thread.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

I'm not getting the gloating from people saying Alliance got High Elves. They didn't? They got more options for their Void Elves? Am I missing something?

hahahaha lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    A bear with shaggy hairs and a big beard!

<3
    Now that sounds good. What flight form? Gryphon? Eagle?