Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Omg perfect video and post!.
    Well now I regret digging through my screenshots to find the time WoW made the same reference at the end of Argus. I have sullied its perfection! But at least you've preserved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Paladins don't even need new animations to be on Void Elves. Priests can straight ascend all holy-like as a Void Elf and not explode, so fuck it why not? Lore is no excuse any more.

I mean, to a degree that answer "it's WoW, anything and everything is theoretically possible." I would say it's unlikely that Void Elves could become Paladins because there is precedent that the Light and the Void cannot peaceably co-exist in a shared space, they would quickly tear a given individual asunder if forced into a single context like a Void Elven Paladin. But, that's not to say it is explicitly impossible, either - as you said, perhaps the Void and Light could wax and wane within such a person, giving them Light-based empowerment in one instance and then fading into the Void the next, at least in terms of a lore-based description.

Feels unlikely to me, but one never knows with WoW.
    Agreed, though since at this point we have things like Wildhammer warlock, I don't think a lore explanation is even needed. Still appreciate it a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Why not both!! Imo the aesthetics was always the larger hurdle. Class options opening up are much easier as any lore can be created to allow a class. Tauren Paladins are literally Sun Druids, just Paladins gameplay wise.

The Void Elf "Paladin" can be called a Void Knight or some such and be Paladin for gameplay reasons. Especially were they to allow customizable class spell skins, an idea that has been gaining popularity now that many different races are getting access to conventionally lore-heavy class options.
    Class skin would be the way to go. You could also argue Riftblade Kelain is a Void Paladin/Dark Knight. Though he has warrior abilities, he looks a lot like a Void Elf "paladin" would (he wears a recolor of a paladin set)!

The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    I'm not getting the gloating from people saying Alliance got High Elves. They didn't? They got more options for their Void Elves? Am I missing something?
    Consider that the wildhammer dwarf and other troll races are being introduced as customization for existing races and it makes no difference. As far as gloating goes, some people have kind of been jerks about not wanting alliance to have high elves because of the faction identity, which I suspect is them just not wanting the high elf fans to have what they wanted. They even wanted blue eyed blood elves to throw it in alliance players faces. I'm happy with this compromise and I sincerely hope blood elf fans enjoy the new eye options.

Tldr, just consider the ribbing to be in good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    We aren't. No indication yet. Nor is there any indication there'll be any new hairstyles for them that are non-voidy.

We'll have to wait and see.
    Maybe you aren't, but there are other posters who seem to be by their affirmations. I'd say that they'll keep their current hairstyles, and their current hair colors, but at this point who knows, honestly.

They might as well just go all in and get rid of factions at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    No.

Just blood elves/high elves mastering the void.

The rest is for gameplay reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Not blue eyes, fair skin and blonde hair like you kept emphasizing!
    If it was just blood/high elves mastering the void, then they'd have blond/brown/red hair options and no access to tentacles.

That they do not have those hair colours (and have access to tentacles) means it is not about just using the void, but being changed by it.

So...still a Void Elf.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Paladins don't even need new animations to be on Void Elves. Priests can straight ascend all holy-like as a Void Elf and not explode, so fuck it why not? Lore is no excuse any more.
    Yup, lore isn't an excuse anymore! I believe we are starting to see that now with these new High Elf options coming and them piecing out many different customization options (like separating eyebrows from facial hair for instance, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Class skin would be the way to go. You could also argue Riftblade Kelain is a Void Paladin/Dark Knight. Though he has warrior abilities, he looks a lot like a Void Elf "paladin" would (he wears a recolor of a paladin set)!

Yeah I always seen him more as a Paladin of sorts because of that gear!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    grabs some pop corn its really good.
    Oh I plan to friend! So much shit show to go through now to wait for T&E Weekly Reset about this lmao

3+ Year Old Account
    There's no current intention to close this thread as the clearinghouse for all things High Elf, so it will remain where such conversations should be focused, yes.
    Alright. My previous thread will be the last outside of this thread
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwuzhere1224 View Post
    Yup, why not. Who does it harm at this point? Faction identity broke down today lol

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    If it was just blood/high elves mastering the void, then they'd have blond/brown/red hair options and no access to tentacles.

That they do not have those hair colours (and have access to tentacles) means it is not about just using the void, but being changed by it.

So...still a Void Elf.
    But they do have tentacle-less hair styles and lighter hair colors. It would be silly to expect a new batch of non-tentacle hairs for them when Velves getting anything at launch besides eyes wasn't to be expected.

Considering on live you can play a velf with no tentacles with a hair color a belf and helf can have...

10+ Year Old Account
    For those asking for VE Paladin, i personally do not like the idea, unless they add them with a whole new look on their spell (more void like), like the Void Paladins that we find in Deepholm, even if they get the option to just change their void spells to light spells, but have it the void looks be their base.

So...still a Void Elf.
    Still looks like a High Elf to me!!!

Muahahaha!

10+ Year Old Account

That they do not have those hair colours means it is not about just using the void, but being changed by it.

So...still a Void Elf.
    Hahahahahahaha that's so funny

Where are your arguments about faction identity ? Did they just fade off like the rest of the arguments you kept seeding during 2 years?

blond/brown/red hairs are exclusive to blood elves. This is, finally and DEFINITELY, our and your compromise.

And this is what I suggested last week (how ironic) :

Blond haired elves are Horde. Cold haired elves are Alliance.

We will just have the possibility to play the high and blood elves we see in Telogrus Rift.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by bobwuzhere1224 View Post
    No please,
    I want a horde vs alliance war, to take Silvermoon and repaint it in blue!

The amount of SEETHING from the Horde/Belf fanboys is hilarious. All those months (if not years) spent snidely claiming only Belves will get blue eyes and Velves will just be purple/blue skinned. Of course now here comes the cope, "b-b-but it still says Void Elf so you d-didn't win!"

Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    A bit. With the Dwarven clans working together as one for the most part, it's less of a thing. All of the Wildhammer look is there, but you're identified as a ye olde Dwarf. I'm mostly just bitching about that teeny identifying string of text. Nit picking.
    In fairness, the playable Dwarf still has Bronzebeard themed racials that a true Wildhammer AR wouldn't have. Treasure Hunting? Frost Resistance? Gun bonuses? No Flying Racial (which Mag'har of all things get)? Wildhammer customisation is better than nothing, but I do think it's a shame we can't have all three Clans uniquely represented as standalone races. Wildhammer was also the best and only chance of a Dwarf Druid.
    Last edited by Bigby; 2020-05-27 at 08:16 PM.

I think we all win, everyone has what they want, you have your void elves with more customizations that are still void elves. and we have new eyes and hair color !! blue hair!!!
    congrats to all !! The purple eyes for my mage are coming !!! blue will be for my hunter and blue hair !!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    For those asking for VE Paladin, i personally do not like the idea, unless they add them with a whole new look on their spell (more void like), like the Void Paladins that we find in Deepholm, even if they get the option to just change their void spells to light spells, but have it the void looks be their base.
    I'd be ok with this too

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I think we all win, everyone has what they want, you have your void elves with more customizations that are still void elves. and we have new eyes and hair color !! blue hair!!!
    congrats to all !! The purple eyes for my mage are coming !!! blue will be for my hunter and blue hair !!!
    I am happy to see you happy Rhlor, I know you've been wanting what we got today for a long time without trying to deny others options.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Love how this calls back to some of the first few hundred pages of this thread in that it was a request for the Blood Elf pallete and how it was not what they were asking for, but now all of a sudden it's a huge win. Hypocrites the lot of you. xD

But congrats on the "win" I guess, hope y'all enjoy.
    Different people have different opinions.

A separate allied race (or hell, even a full race) for High Elves was never in the cards. Sorry for that. But it's clear going by your signature, you just wanted High Elf fans to not get anything to spite them, and now you're mad that they're happy about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Still looks like a High Elf to me!!!

Muahahaha!
    Given Void Elves were always a variant of high elf, and still are, that is unsurprising.

Still a Void Elf.