Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It made raw gold farms insanely effective though. With 3k rep per emissary each one effectively gave you in excess of 1k gold per turnin at Exalted. For players with many alts, and perhaps more importantly alts with exalted, emissaries could easily net you several thousand gold each day with a minimal amount of work, and that is not even counting the extra rep and gold you got from the mission table, also suspiciously easy to mantain with all the resources you got from the paragon caches.
    i had a bored guildy with 20+ 120s who made several million gold during the rep gains from paragon boxes. just doing quests while talking on the phone or watching movies. harder than mission tables , but simple for the gains/

7+ Year Old Account
    Are we still holding out for a build or nada for today?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    All I want is a rep buff for old expansions; I've been putting off the Shaohao grind, and I want them to make it so powerful a buff that pandas can get Shang Xi's Academy to Exalted.
    im pretty sure i got exalted with rep tokens from timewalking badges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    As pointed out above, it was already Red Alliance with all the belves to begin with, with the skintones it became worse. Not to mention that undead can already hide their bones, which is not a big cxhange in the grand scheme, but does mean that the only thing currently stopping them from RPing a sickly human is the skintones, allowing them to not have hunched would make that problem worse.
    Roleplaying has always seen weird stuff, a lot of people tried to roleplay as dragons, what else is new and I doubt a sickly human will be roleplayed. I don't see an issue or any faction divide going away. I do not believe the sky is falling right now.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Mike View Post
    I'd really like it if Blizz could just not add another 6 currencies into the game over the course of Shadowlands. Currencies that only get used for a single patch, a la Manapearls and Echoes of Nya'lotha.
    funny, when they reused echoes for corruption vendor all ive heard is "they should have made a new currency!!!"

I wouldn't mind sexy undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Horrific Visions not stacking is a crime. *Sigh*
    good thing you can just save coalescings and buy them when you need them.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    i had a bored guildy with 20+ 120s who made several million gold during the rep gains from paragon boxes. just doing quests while talking on the phone or watching movies. harder than mission tables , but simple for the gains/
    I have 12 characters, and while only my main was exalted with all factions by the time the rep started I could see just how damaging to teh economy the raw gold farms could be. It is already bad enough, but with the 100% rep we would have entered into WoD Garrison levels of inflation.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    funny, when they reused echoes for corruption vendor all ive heard is "they should have made a new currency!!!"
    Some people did because they had no echoes on their main while their alts had plenty.

I do agree that they could cool down on the currency front.
    Reuse anima if need be.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think Blizzard might of taken the whole "I DON'T WANT TO RELEARN MY CLASS EVERY EXPANSION" perhaps way too far. In recent years I mean.
    imagine that, people complain about something - they take it to hear, and now people argue the opposite way. its almost as if the playerbase is never happy.

imagine that, people complain about something - they take it to hear, and now people argue the opposite way. its almost as if the playerbase is never happy.
    There's a difference between mass changes every expansion and giving classes what they need every expansion.

But I won't argue with you on one thing: you can't make everyone happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    What with Blizzard adding an upcoming content preview, I'm actually thinking it might be today.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    No one seems to expect one today. Maybe tomorrow but alot of people aren't exactly holding their breath for that either.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

3+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else kind of disappointed with De Other Side? It's seems like it's more of a rehash of Hakkar, with two random gnomes, a broker and Mueh'Zala's first appearance outside of a book.

And where's Rastakhan? Shouldn't he be serving Bwonsamdi somehow? Lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Anyone else kind of disappointed with De Other Side? It's seems like it's more of a rehash of Hakkar, with two random gnomes, a broker and Mueh'Zala's first appearance outside of a book.

Feels kinda phoned in.

Rastakhan died recently. After Arbiter was put on standby mode and all souls are funneled straight into the Maw. He never got chance to enter any other of the Shadowlands realms. If we get to see named souls being freed from the Maw, we could see him there.

Definitely feels like a last minute addition containing all the remaining dungeon elements that didnt quite make it. The gnomes especially make me thing that De Other Side was originally more of a multidimensional dungeon before it became retooled into more specifically Troll focused.

That being said, the biggest disappointment with it so far is Hakkar being a dungeon boss, and not even the final one from the looks of it. Kinda undercuts his importance in previous incarnations, even if Mueh'zala is the biggest bad there is.
    Someone like Hakkar definitely deserved to at least be a raid boss.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I do think Rastakhan's soul was stolen too. His face looked really quite horrible when he had died, it looked like he wa decaying before our eyes. Even more prominently than with Saurfang's face after he hit the ground.
    I really hope we'll learn more about this and see more of de other side, once Bwonsamdi takes over completely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    I do think Rastakhan's soul was stolen too. His face looked really quite horrible when he had died, it looked like he wa decaying before our eyes. Even more prominently than with Saurfang's face after he hit the ground.
    I really hope we'll learn more about this and see more of de other side, once Bwonsamdi takes over completely.
    I assumed that was just another grim consequence of his soul going to Bwonsamdi, that said it might be in the Maw unless the Jailer says otherwise.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Blizz is just scared shitless of "fatigue" about certain story elements, that's why the Drust are used sparingly as are Bwonsamdi and troll death stuff. If they weren't frightened/mandated we'd have larger troll or kul tiran elements at launch.

This is the same company that wouldn't allow use of blue draeneis in any important form after Warlords, until Argus where they again have maybe four or five characters despite going to their home planet.