Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I am satisfied with some NPCs with short text, it is better that "we are not going to add anything, imagine what you want"
    Agreed. It doesn't need to be much, and certainly not whole books explaining why they are options. But at least call them by their correct cultural groups.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Agreed. It doesn't need to be much, and certainly not whole books explaining why they are options. But at least call them by their correct cultural groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    At least they could add some NPCs in the capitals who say in a short text that they now joined the horde or the alliance.
    Put a sand troll on the Echo Islands that says they have always been allies of the Zandalari and now fight alongside the horde. I would like to see auric in silvermoon saying that the children of silvermoon are united

Also I am hoping they expand the embassies, would be a good place to have the different groups.
    like amongst the Dwarves/trolls - you have the forest trolls in a group, line up, then the sand trolls in another cloister of the troll group.. so people can see. Same with the dwarves.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Also I am hoping they expand the embassies, would be a good place to have the different groups.
    like amongst the Dwarves/trolls - you have the forest trolls in a group, line up, then the sand trolls in another cloister of the troll group.. so people can see. Same with the dwarves.
    Good idea! There is plenty of space in the embassy area to expand it too. Maybe less so in Orgrimmar than Stormwind, but Org loves those tunnels so it could start going underground.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I don't think it will take long to put up a few NPCs with short texts! we are not asking for a whole introductory cinematic!

7+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be great to see so many High Elves!

The Alliance has one less race/class combo than the Horde. This would be the perfect time to add in Velf paladins. Or Void druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    It's going to be great to see so many High Elves!
    Haha, they would be void elves re-skinning their toons, or night elves that swap to void/high elf.

Trust, me as a player that plays both factions, and actually likes the two groups of elves a lot, already having blood elf toons for nearly every class, and void elf ones too, I have no inclination to port my horde toons over to the alliance. Or replace them now my void can be peach skinned. 0 motivation.

High elves will not solve the alliance population crises, people aren't going to start playing alliance because void elves can be high elves now. They will stay with their guilds and communities in the faction that has the best chances of success, or where their friends are. what we will see if hordies who want to mess around on the alliance, and can't stand their races will play a void elf or high elf for kicks, it wont be a seriously played character cos their Belf is in their progress guild on the horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    The Alliance has one less race/class combo than the Horde. This would be the perfect time to add in Velf paladins. Or Void druids.
    Technically they would be High elf paladins. Although under the void elf tab, you are playing a high elf. Just like the Wildhammer options coming are under the bronzebeard tab, but it's actually a Wildhammer.

What if they also gave night elves warlocks using ONLY the demon hunter skins? And alliance ended up getting two class options in High elf paladins and Illidari Warlocks? Blood elf warlocks would also have the illidari option open up on their warlock selection, but because they can already be normal warlocks, it isn't an extra class-combo.

All I am saying is, this clearly was never about having playable high elves on the alliance. It was, and always has been about skin deep aesthetics.
    It had nothing to do with the lore or anything else.
    I expect this topic will die now.
    Last edited by Broflake; 2020-05-28 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    I also remember saying that the biggest request Void Elf fans kept having were to 'look like Alleria' and we see with changes to Entropic Embrace and today's news that this is exactly what Void Elves are getting.

I remember a certain someone saying that popularity in that regard doesn't matter. They look woefully wrong now!
    Hey Geisl, what are the changes to Entropic Embrace?

Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    All I am saying is, this clearly was never about having playable high elves on the alliance. It was, and always has been about skin deep aesthetics.
    It had nothing to do with the lore or anything else.
    I expect this topic will die now.
    It's resignation mostly. Adding High elf skins to Void elves kills the ability to have a proper High elf...BUT!!!
    It also adds the ability to fully roleplay one.

7+ Year Old Account
    its great to see they finally putting an end to this madness, they literally kick the bucket haha.

Is also great to see that LORE was never a factor here, never mattered, it was just an excuse, what rly mattered was always aesthetic, about white skin and blue-eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    I hope Blizzard is just going to link Blood Elf and Void Elf changes together from now on. That's probably the smartest way to go about things, so when something is added for one add it for either both or add something else for the other. Kind of side steps a lot of the very weird ways people respond to these specific two player races.
    It's elves they do this with. Very similar things happen in the Nightborne/Night elf discussions which peopel have no complaints in the other races and their sub-races, but all of a sudden it's somehow different for snowflake elf fan faves.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    It's resignation mostly. Adding High elf skins to Void elves kills the ability to have a proper High elf...BUT!!!
    Resignation is not met with a "OH YES WE GOT THESE OPTIONS I CAN BE THIS NOW!".
    Again, it was never about lore, it was about aesthetics like I said all along.

Honestly, this really hurts the faction boundary.

Quote Originally Posted by Traycor View Post
    Well I'll be...
    Lol.. I was wondering when you would show up.

How do you feel?

/passes the mic over to Traycor?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Haha, they would be void elves re-skinning their toons, or night elves that swap to void/high elf.

Trust, me as a player that plays both factions, and actually likes the two groups of elves a lot, already having blood elf toons for nearly every class, and void elf ones too, I have no inclination to port my horde toons over to the alliance. Or replace them now my void can be peach skinned. 0 motivation.

High elves will not solve the alliance population crises, people aren't going to start playing alliance because void elves can be high elves now. They will stay with their guilds and communities in the faction that has the best chances of success, or where their friends are. what we will see if hordies who want to mess around on the alliance, and can't stand their races will play a void elf or high elf for kicks, it wont be a seriously played character cos their Belf is in their progress guild on the horde.

[COLOR="#417394"][SIZE=
    Since both factions get access to the blue eyes the alliance will see no positive development aside from the players who are already stuck on the alliance because of their friends and are playing a void elf changing their eye option at the dresser. maybe the horde will get even more players because the high elf hopefuls that stuck with void elf hoping for the option sees that blood elves get the eye option anyway and swap over because why woudl they stay alliance now?

7+ Year Old Account
    Elf... Elf everywhere...
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well... for some people this is a half-assed measure, cause they are still Velves, but still there's many other happy with the addition.
    Yeah, I still want high elves. The character randomly covering with void energy will be annoying. However, in the mean time I can at least customize a void elf to look closer to what I want and try to pretend/ignore the rest. This is certainly an improvement, and I'm happy for these changes. We can call this a win.

It's very interesting that only a very short time ago we were told no blue eyes for blood elves. Just a few weeks later, we're being shown new texture maps. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    its great to see they finally putting an end to this madness, they literally kick the bucket haha.

Is also great to see that LORE was never a factor here, never mattered, it was just an excuse, what rly mattered was always aesthetic, about white skin and blue-eyes
    Usually aesthetic defines lore. Wasn't blood elves going on horde in the first place to give horde an aethetic pleasing race? The lore was created to make that happen, rather than a natural progression of the story from WC3 TFT.

Shouldn't surprise you, NIghtborne going horde was also a similar move, but then the existence of allied/sub-races is for variation and is a design directive that accompanies new expansions that include new areas, new bestiary and new versions of the orignal races. Always been the case. Why all of a sudden people fail to recognise this in the implementation of Nightborne and void elves when it's been the case in every expansion is beyond me. Perhaps it's because they were playable.

Well the High elf megathreads will die out eventually now. But then the change hardly matters too.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Which is probably the best option if you think about it.