Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Faerune View Post
    You seem like a good proponent of freedom of expression, arent you ?

You should not inflate the concept of racism, by using it and branding anyone that uses that concept,

If i tell you that Asians are Yellow, is that a racist concept ?

Have you ever seen a black elf in Tolkien lore ? or have you been to Kenya and seen white africans ?

Well no, because civilisational representations can be associated with a type morphology (even in fiction) and some people feel like some ideology is being forced where it does not belong, it has nothing to do with racism.

You can see this in movies and games where "woke" ideology is being forced,

I always play female characters for example, but I get irritated when I get forced a female character with the underline game screaming at me "FEMALE POWER,WOMEN ARE OPRESSED", you have more a media where it is the story of woman that is a hero, rather then the hero that is a woman,

Admittingly, you can say "who does it bother" ? well it is bothersome to have ideology forced unto you simply put no matter what form it may take,
    That’s a long winded way of saying you’re racist.

Edit: let me elaborate. If you have to go through this long of an explanation to justify your dislike for something as arbitrary as skin color, you might be a racist. I’m not going to bother breaking down your ill conceived response. But it’s rather exposing, no matter how many fancy words you dress it in.
    Last edited by Redlikemyrage; 2020-05-28 at 06:44 AM.

Is it time for red Draeneis then?

Oh, and since everyone got High elves, can you finally fix nightbournes and make them look like Suramar NPC?

Quote Originally Posted by Malhummi View Post
    No, u are just autist.
    The irony...

Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    That’s a long winded way of saying you’re racist.

Edit: let me elaborate. If you have to go through this long of an explanation to justify your dislike for something as arbitrary as skin color, you might be a racist. I’m not going to bother breaking down your ill conceived response. But it’s rather exposing, no matter how many fancy words you dress it in.
    The most racist people are usually those who complain about racism in the first place. They see racism everywhere even where it's not.

Faerune did an excellent post of his views and make absolute sense. You, on the other hand, you still saying he's racist even when he is not, just because you can't handle the fact someone can not like the color of the skin of race in a videogame when it makes no sense. His post is not about racism but about lore impression. It's not about color. If Blizz added green elves I believe he would make the same post as now about black elves.

Immagine a movie from Africa where half of population is white. It would not just make sense. And if you make movie from Europe in 13 century and made half the people black it would be the same bullshit.
    Last edited by kappalol; 2020-05-28 at 07:11 AM.

We are close enough to being able to make a nelf Mr T!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Complaining about dark skin on Blood Elves is definitely irl racism and not based in lore or roleplaying. This is because dark-skinned Thalassian elves already exist in the lore:

Devi is a high elf mage from an alternate universe and the apparent apprentice of Krasus, the alias of the great red dragon Korialstrasz. She is a dark-skinned elf with raven-black hair and has both a curious and inquisitive air about her that some within the Kirin Tor's ranks deem impudent. However, Krasus appreciates her up-front nature.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Devi
    I have to agree with this and I'm a very anti-pc/sjw type but hate racism.

It sickens me that Blizzard put all of this wonderful extra customization options in the game and some people are actually complaining about it (more specifically the skin color options).

Meanwhile mjost other MMOs have had these options for 10+ years before WoW did and were never a problem.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Those darker skins are so damn ugly for the race. Whats the point of making those elves african? Incase people call me out for this simple reaction, I got a darker skin myself.
    I have a feeling this is just to keep the SJW happy haha.

There's no ideological foundation for people who think in terms of SJWs and "racists are actually people who talk about racism." It's just a combination of irl racism, ignorance and online radicalization mostly through memes and online culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatbeaverlol View Post
    Those darker skins are so damn ugly for the race. Whats the point of making those elves african? Incase people call me out for this simple reaction, I got a darker skin myself.
    I have a feeling this is just to keep the SJW happy haha.
    They're adding additional skin colors, to all races (including gnomes, humans, blood elves, void elves, dwarves, etc) that represent human skin tones, ranging from white to very dark brown.

This is to increase character customization. What is difficult to understand about that?

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Eeeeh, even then that's a Felblood Elf, their skin colour has nothing to do with naturally occuring pigmentation. If a player creates a black Blood Elf is it then a Felblood Elf? In their headcanon maybe, in actuality of course not.

I don't particularly care about all these new customization options, more choice is always great, but at the same time I do understand if some would like some sort of reason why a race that has looked one way for 15 years now suddenly looks another way, and I think they'd be fine with a "They've always looked like this" retcon along with some being changed to look different
    Blood Elves' skin color has nothing to do with naturally occurring pigmentation. They are only pink in the first place because of arcane magic screwing with their originally darker skintone (read: Night Elves), and then the latent fel magic in Quel'thalas after the destruction of the sunwell turned their eyes green in ~3 years. Magic is extremely volatile and one of it's most consistent effects, across the entire game, is changing skin color. You don't need to go full felblood elf to get darker skin. Any regular blood elf warlock who dips a bit too much into fel magic is likely to see it effect the color of the skin, and their children's skin (orcs), much the same that green orcs fucking with fel magic will turn red. Any blood elf who lives next to a warlock, or spent too long fighting the Legion, or fucking around in Netherstorm, or being near literally any other large amount of magic, has the potential to turn pretty much any color.

"The lore doesn't support it" is the most retarded claim in existence, when canonically, and continually (across patches, expansions, even games, because we see it in WC3), skin color has been something completely dynamic that can change for hundreds of different reasons at the drop of a hat. Orcs are supposed to be brown but no one lost their shit and complained constantly in Warlords because Kargath's entire clan were light grey. Ditto blood trolls showing up out of nowhere.

Those skin tones were simply accepted because skin tone has never been something consistent or static in warcraft, it's something that changes with the slightest influence.

People don't care about lore. They want to whine because they see this specific change as Blizzard being SJW/progressive/leftist/whatever the fuck, and it annoys them so they feel the need to push back. Look at the complete lack of people whinging about the fact that Trolls are now able to be sand trolls, when those tribes have continually been outright hostile, or at best, neutral and traitorous.

No one is bitching and moaning about Worgen suddenly being able to have tiger stripes, and lord knows there's no lore background for worgen being striped.
    No one is bitching about Pandaren suddenly being able to be blue, or Night Elves nearly a human pink, or orcs having a strangle multicolored green-purple skin that has never been seen anywhere.
    No one is bitching about Tauren suddenly being able to be bleached blonde, despite that never having been a thing anywhere in the game.

tl;dr

It is 100%, purely because this has been politicized as a case of a "white" race getting "dark" skin customization and Blizzard "pandering", not lack of lore. The lore is there. Skintone changes all the time due to magic. They were exposed at some point and got darker.

I honestly don’t mind any of the darker skin tones.
    To each their own...

What genuinly bothers me is that Void Elves are getting Blood Elf skin-tones. There’s no real way to distinguish them from one another anymore (besides the hair).

Alliance basically get Blood Elves now.

I have to say, of all the SJW features, this one is on the very low tier of irksome, not so bothered,

Its rather the bigots who have the Antoine de Saint just axiom "no freedom for the ennemies of freedom" that bother me here, virtue-signalling all the time, and branding everyone in a -ist fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kynario View Post
    To each their own...

What genuinly bothers me is that Void Elves are getting Blood Elf skin-tones. There’s no real way to distinguish them from one another anymore (besides the hair).

You are right. With this customization, there is no obvious way to differentiate them. There will probably be more customization to make night elf and nightborne more similar too.

But I don't think it really matters since we have introduced neutral race panda. You can only tell if they are horde or alliance by their nameplate color.

I like this customization and it won't harm the game in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    The most racist people are usually those who complain about racism in the first place. They see racism everywhere even where it's not.

Faerune did an excellent post of his views and make absolute sense. You, on the other hand, you still saying he's racist even when he is not, just because you can't handle the fact someone can not like the color of the skin of race in a videogame when it makes no sense. His post is not about racism but about lore impression. It's not about color. If Blizz added green elves I believe he would make the same post as now about black elves.

Immagine a movie from Africa where half of population is white. It would not just make sense. And if you make movie from Europe in 13 century and made half the people black it would be the same bullshit.

What is extremely funny about you and the other undercover racist is several other people have explained exactly why it is, and you ignore them and come after my comments in particular. Why? Because I made my point without hand holding and explaining?

Making excuses and spinning some twisted narrative about “lore reasons” and the like is absolutely veiled racism. Especially cause the lore is Blizzards and Blizzards alone. What happens in their game, including skin color choices, is solely up to them. It’s an absolute joke that you and others hide behind this defense.

If skin color bothers you in something as arbitrary as a video game, it bothers you IRL. Whether you want to admit it here or not isn’t up to me, nor do I care. You are what you are.

Also, spout that first sentence nonsense somewhere else, that’s got to be the biggest crock of shit about your entire post. Lemme guess, you are one of the ones who spouted #AllLivesMatter when that whole thing was making the rounds. Just stop. Anyone with any real world societal knowledge can see these defenses for what they are. Racist.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    You are right. With this customization, there is no obvious way to differentiate them. There will probably be more customization to make night elf and nightborne more similar too.

But I don't think it really matters since we have introduced neutral race panda. You can only tell if they are horde or alliance by their nameplate color.

I like this customization and it won't harm the game in any way.
    I appreciate you saying it won’t harm the game in any way and while I agree, I’m s believer if it doesn’t help, it hurts, and I am concerned some of our customization is replacing races, meaning I was looking forward to wildhammers getting their own village of small stony, clover-topped, celtic knot-carved huts nestled in grassy hills along a windy mountain side, fathers teaching lads how to bound and battle rowdily and wild and fee while mothers and lasses forest farmed for mushrooms and berries in nearby woods, while neighbors raised rams and hatched gryphons in pens, and at the end of the day the village comes together around a bubbling stew pot and live music.

I just want our beloved races to get their true place in the game with starting experience, intro, a few quests, and have their inclusion officially, otherwise they really might not be part of the story. I’m probably over thinking it and customization won’t replace races but until I see how these races are represented in game and in cinematics and quests, it’s a concern.
    Last edited by dunkl; 2020-05-28 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    What is extremely funny about you and the other undercover racist is several other people have explained exactly why it is, and you ignore them and come after my comments in particular. Why? Because I made my point without hand holding and explaining?

Making excuses and spinning some twisted narrative about “lore reasons” and the like is absolutely veiled racism. Especially cause the lore is Blizzards and Blizzards alone. What happens in their game, including skin color choices, is solely up to them. It’s an absolute joke that you and others hide behind this defense.

If skin color bothers you in something as arbitrary as a video game, it bothers you IRL. Whether you want to admit it here or not isn’t up to me, nor do I care. You are what you are.

Also, spout that first sentence nonsense somewhere else, that’s got to be the biggest crock of shit about your entire post. Lemme guess, you are one of the ones who spouted #AllLivesMatter when that whole thing was making the rounds. Just stop. Anyone with any real world societal knowledge can see these defenses for what they are. Racist.
    There is no help for you m8. I don't mind black people, Asians, anyone. They are people just like me. But if anyone of them would paint themself blue and start to tell they are fucking smurf and wanted me to accept it and behave like they truly are. There will be a problem. Why? because it doesn't make sense. Just like Black Blood elf.

For liberals like you. Everything and everyone is racist or sexist.

What is racism in the first place?

Racism is the belief that a particular race is superior or inferior to another, that a person’s social and moral traits are predetermined by his or her inborn biological characteristics. Racial separatism is the belief, most of the time based on racism, that different races should remain segregated and apart from one another.

Black blood elf is not about anything of what is written above. It's just about it makes no sense. So just stop making it about racism when it's not.
    Last edited by kappalol; 2020-05-28 at 08:39 AM.

This thread is incredible. I expected people here to be triggered about void elfs getting all blood elf skin options, but instead it's all the racists being butthurt how they are adding dark skinned elfs

Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    There's no ideological foundation for people who think in terms of SJWs and "racists are actually people who talk about racism." It's just a combination of irl racism, ignorance and online radicalization mostly through memes and online culture.

They're adding additional skin colors, to all races (including gnomes, humans, blood elves, void elves, dwarves, etc) that represent human skin tones, ranging from white to very dark brown.

This is to increase character customization. What is difficult to understand about that?

''represent human skin tones'' on elves? yeah oke makes alot of sense haha

Quote Originally Posted by Kynario View Post
    To each their own...

You couldn't distinguish a void elf clad in plate armor from a blood elf clad in plate armor.

Alliance got blood elves in 2017.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Fatbeaverlol View Post
    ''represent human skin tones'' on elves? yeah oke makes alot of sense haha
    Fun Fact: Elfs are fictional characters that are based off of humams and they may look like however the writer of the story wants them to look like.

It's funny how blue elfs are fine, but so many people are losing their minds over black elfs haha and then they try to hide their obvious racism by talking about muh lore even though it's blizz who writes it, not them

Black blood elves are fine. The lore argument is stupid. There were no black humans in WC3 but we still had black humans in WoW.

Anyone who hates black blood elves is a racist and has an obvious agenda.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!