Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is about what I expected would be done as a compromise, as there are a number of Silvermoon Scholars and High Elf Wayfarers in the Telogrus Rift. Most of them wouldn't have the significant level of void corruption the first wave of void elves do, any more the blood elves have the same level of corruption as the felblood elves. It's also a good compromise since it finally gives the Alliance high elves in everything but name while keeping with the narrative breadcrumbs that the high elves were being phased out in favor of void elves (who, in all blunt honesty, are High Elves But Better since they have a number of powers high elves simply don't).

Looks like void elves as of Shadowlands are officially making the jump from a small, elite cadre working under Umbric and Alleria into a full-fledged elven subspecies with a sustainable population.

edit: Nobody except the histrionic derps here honestly care about black blood elves, you're all insane and need to disconnect from the internet and gain some damn perspective in life. These are fictional characters. Animated pixels in an internet game. If Blizzard wants to retcon in black blood elves, who gives a shit, sincerely? Muh Lore? Because lemme tell you, amigo, skin colors on pointy-eared humanoids is far from the most egregious retcon they've made. It's a pretty harmless one if you can stop yourself from getting triggered for ten seconds.
    Last edited by Thage; 2020-05-28 at 08:43 AM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    I see... only elfness... before me...
    We've reached the final threshold. Two kinds of identical looking pink blue eyed elves colliding on behalf of the Alliance and Horde.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Wait...why even have different elven races when they all look alike?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashina View Post
    Wait...why even have different elven races when they all look alike?
    Because of alliance crybabies

The only thing bothers me that Void Elves get Blood Elf skin tones... It just doesn't make any sense to make an Alliance race look exactly the same as a Horde one, for the first sight. (IMO, hair and beard styles, etc... doesn't matter.)

I have rerolled my Death Knight to role-play a High-Elf fallen to the Scourge and was resurrected by the Valkyr after the siege of Quel'Thalas...
    Now I'm sure I gotta reroll again cos' I don't wanna run into "myself" as an enemy...

Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    There is no help for you m8. I don't mind black people, Asians, anyone. They are people just like me. But if anyone of them would paint themself blue and start to tell they are fucking smurf and wanted me to accept it and behave like they truly are. There will be a problem. Why? because it doesn't make sense. Just like Black Blood elf.

For liberals like you. Everything and everyone is racist or sexist.

What is racism in the first place?

Racism is the belief that a particular race is superior or inferior to another, that a person’s social and moral traits are predetermined by his or her inborn biological characteristics. Racial separatism is the belief, most of the time based on racism, that different races should remain segregated and apart from one another.

Black blood elf is not about anything of what is written above. It's just about it makes no sense. So just stop making it about racism when it's not.
    I ask you again, why target me? You are clearly triggered because I just blatantly called you and others out. And my one formulated response was immediately dismissed with standard undercover racist rhetoric.

How about you take a crack at everyone else who’s called you and others out. Don’t want to because you don’t have empty counters for them? Fine by me, I’m only at fault for leaving myself open for your low brow diatribe by not articulating my stance thoroughly in my first post.

Since you don’t seem to actually have a good argument other than lolore and standard “confederate flag is a historical symbol!” bullshit I’ll me on.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    No one ever asked for black elves.... Ever.. Fucking christ when is this woke millenial shit gonna go away.
    Probably when people stop getting offended by black skin customization option in a videogame. Until then, "woke millenial shit" is needed.

So Blood Elves are back to High Elves now confirmed for good and Void Elves can literally look like High Elves. Poor High Elves, poor Blood Elves, poor Void Elves. They're literally High Elves who use some different kind of magics without major, meaningful consequences for their culture, behaviour etc. Way to ruin three subspecies of elves at once Blizzard. Although i'm not surprised at all looking at those incompetent hags you have as writers responsible for your lore. All these kind of elves lost / lose their unique identities for homogenization. Yikes!

Elves with african black skin tones are nothing more than a retarded SJW lore retcon. Typical for Blizzard. You know who wears the pants over there. Instead of giving african black humans and elves their own proper kingdoms and cultures (you could find so much examples for inspiration in our world for that) and put them into the game in a meaningful way, the black african player community gets fucking skin tones and hair options. But of course if you dislike this cheap garbage you're a racist, which is of course only a bad thing if you're white. Gives me a good laugh.

And i also thought Blizzard knew how to make money. But i guess not. How they could pass the opportunity to bring in High Elves (maybe in combination with Ogre for Horde) as main races into the game is beyond me. Its a no brainer from a business point perspective in regards to faction and race changes alone. That no one in that company is even able to recognize that just shows how far out of touch and disconnected they are with the old lore and the desire and interest for High Elves. Even if you don't like High Elves much ( and i don't, i find them pretty boring and generic, the only kind of elves i was interested in were the TFT Blood Elves which no longer exist and the WC 3 Night Elves somewhat, which only barely exist and who will get pussy whipped by Golden and her ilk through her treasure Anduin) you have to be blind to not see the monetary potential.

Overall, what a pile of garbage on so many levels. What a waste when it comes to these three elf sub species. Not sure what kind of imbeciles work these days at Blizzard who make these decisions, but its mindboggling stupid.
    Last edited by Reinhart11; 2020-05-28 at 09:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People here are totally flying off the handle. So I go ahead and support a point about how that shade is an option that is very likely forced by RL obligation rather than actual lore and suddenly I am Trump-incarnate?

OK guys. Keep pushing your Felblade with their obviously different palette and "this is it there". This shade was added for one reason, it had nothing to do with lore and it's OK to point that out, because it literally what it is.

You can call me racist all you like, but that the reality out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthalah View Post
    The only thing bothers me that Void Elves get Blood Elf skin tones... It just doesn't make any sense to make an Alliance race look exactly the same as a Horde one, for the first sight. (IMO, hair and beard styles, etc... doesn't matter.)

I have rerolled my Death Knight to role-play a High-Elf fallen to the Scourge and was resurrected by the Valkyr after the siege of Quel'Thalas...
    Now I'm sure I gotta reroll again cos' I don't wanna run into "myself" as an enemy...
    This is the void elf leader:

And it's your choice if you want to reroll. Nobody is forcing you to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    This is the void elf leader:

And it's your choice if you want to reroll. Nobody is forcing you to do that.
    Wish we could get marks/tattoos like that.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Fun Fact: Elfs are fictional characters that are based off of humams and they may look like however the writer of the story wants them to look like.

It's funny how blue elfs are fine, but so many people are losing their minds over black elfs haha and then they try to hide their obvious racism by talking about muh lore even though it's blizz who writes it, not them
    For the likes of you every criticism or opinion gets tagged as racism/racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish we could get marks/tattoos like that.
    They might go ahead and do it, it was a thing all the way from WII.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    I ask you again, why target me? You are clearly triggered because I just blatantly called you and others out. And my one formulated response was immediately dismissed with standard undercover racist rhetoric.

How about you take a crack at everyone else who’s called you and others out. Don’t want to because you don’t have empty counters for them? Fine by me, I’m only at fault for leaving myself open for your low brow diatribe by not articulating my stance thoroughly in my first post.

Since you don’t seem to actually have a good argument other than lolore and standard “confederate flag is a historical symbol!” bullshit I’ll me on.
    Like how you are trying to misdirect me to someone else because you don't have any valid arguments. Anyone is welcome to reply to any of my posts and start a discussion I can reply to. I did choose to reply to you because you were one of the last posts here and I didn't want to scroll 15 pages and I strongly disagreed with what you wrote.

Pls, don't do "oh why are you targeting me? why do you harassing me? Boooo" When commenting in the public forum. If you fear discussing things this is no place for you. Also, you didn't answer anything I wrote and just saying all the same thing.

Lore reasons are totally valid reason for something. If blood elves could suddenly be druids. Ofc Blizz can do it. But it would no make fucking sense unless they would make lore for it. And even this would make more sense then suddenly make skin color which wasn't on elven races since they started to exist. Its like adding a 3rd hand to them and saying like they always were a elves that had 3 hands.
    Last edited by kappalol; 2020-05-28 at 09:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorthalah View Post
    This has already been addressed, by and large, by the presence of high and blood elves in the Telogrus Rift learning from Locus-Walker and the void elves. The non-blue void elves are the second wave, those who mastered Locus-Walker's teachings and didn't have a Void entity fucking shit up like in the void elf unlock scenario (prior to the entity's arrival and things going tits-up, Umbric and the others were blood elves with a voidy eye color).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    People here are totally flying off the handle. So I go ahead and support a point about how that shade is an option that is very likely forced by RL obligation rather than actual lore and suddenly I am Trump-incarnate?

OK guys. Keep pushing your Felblade with their obviously different palette and "this is it there". This shade was added for one reason, it had nothing to do with lore and it's OK to point that out, because it literally what it is.

You can call me racist all you like, but that the reality out there.
    You just have no idea what you're talking about, seriously. It is just you and a few others who think that these were added because of an agenda.

Is it really this hard to think that some people just want to have more customisation options and if I dare say, some people want their RPG characters to look similar to themselves IRL? Just the fact that so many people here are bothered by dark skinned blood elves (which btw. did exist in TBC already), while ignoring all the other added skin options just shows that they have a problem with it and this is just laughable. "muh lore" is also just a stupid excuse... because 1.) we have black elfs in the lore already and 2.) it is Blizzard who writes the lore, not you and it's all fiction anyways. They can and will add whatever they want to their own lore. If anything, it's people like you who'd "force" Blizzard to not have their lore the way they like it.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2020-05-28 at 09:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You just have no idea what you're talking about, seriously. It is just you and a few others who think that these were added because of an agenda.
    They absolutely were, that's my opinion.

Is that now a crime to share this opinion? Does that make me racist all of a sudden?

No, it won't inflict mental anguish on me or something for a game race to have that skin option, however forced that may be. But I do reserve the right to call things out as they are, despite triggering various woke nervous breakdowns.

I don’t think anyone here is racist and I don’t think it’s wrong to ask if there is lore.

In a fantasy book or movie or show or game the lore is fun to ponder and delve into, and most stories explain events, appearances (green orcs/drinking blood), etc, are explained, categorized, understood,connected through that world’s lore. Players, readers, watchers, enthusiasts and those who immerse themselves in lore are more or less trained or conditioned to wonder what specifics or likelihood ls or possibilities cause and effect things in worlds such as wow via examine lore. It’s innocent.

Like keeping track of which Pokémon are effective against which types. Or in Harry Potter the invisible horse drawn carts Thresrels, can only be seen by those who have witnessed a passing or or the mists surrounding pandaria and the aha existing due to the blood and negative emotions.

Anyway, can’t really blame lore enthusiasts for bring curious especially when every color of every race in the game has been influenced by, resulted from, and determined by lore’s; evolution, adaptations, affinities, proximity, locations, curses, de-evolution, etc.

people going to blame me for asking about the curse of flesh’s causes and effects of the original mechagnomes’ skin (because I didn’t know the details yet) is not fair to me. I love lore and ponder it to find clues and connections and revelations and don’t use it as an excuse to say gross. So people blaming it calling the racist is not appropriate.

Besides, calling someone racist in wow would be favoring a wow race over another, not equating a wow race within a real life earth race.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    They absolutely were, that's my opinion.

Is that now a crime to share this opinion? Does that make me racist all of a sudden?
    This is not an opinion, but an allegation or a simple lie.

If you're so straight up angry about a black skin customization option in a game where you can change the appeareance of your shiny sword to a fucking fish because "it makes no sense", you just might be a racist piece of shit.