Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    I honestly think Blizzard offered the best compromise they could possibly offer at this point, considering they gave the Alliance the Blood Elf model already with the Void Elves.

I do love elves of all kinds, but even I have to admit that two elven races per faction are enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    If you're so straight up angry about a black skin customization option in a game where you can change the appeareance of your shiny sword to a fucking fish because "it makes no sense", you just might be a racist piece of shit.
    That's actually a good point. I see no issues with any customization options, they are just colors with no meaning. You pick the colors you find appealing. The end.

Racism is not about not liking the color of skin but about people being inferior to others because of the color of skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Options are options, so it's fine for them to add it so that anyone can play anything. That being said,
    not going to lie, it is a bit weird to see black-skinned elves when there's been no precedent. Much like
    how Stormwind is woefully short on anyone not white, and now we're suddenly getting black/asian
    people.

FTR, I'm not against their admission. Just lore-wise, kind of confused about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinbros2 View Post
    To all the anti High Elf haters who have endlessly trolled High Elf threads saying how they would never be added and certainly not on the Alliance. Thank you, now I can go back and screen shot every one of yall and hug those comments knowing you were wrong. We won, we knew if we kept asking and never gave up, we would get High Elves for the Alliance and we did. So thank you for being the opposition, it makes this victory all the more sweet.
    Yeah you're being a bit premature here.

You were asking for a literal separate race called High Elves to look like Blood Elves.

You didn't get that.

Instead, like always, the Void Elves (much like Blood Elves) were Thalassian Elves.
    You did get them, you just didn't get them the way you wanted, which is the look.

Now yes, you finally got them the way you wanted (appearance wise). However, they
    are still called "Void" Elves, not High Elves. And in-game, they're still called Void Elves.
    And apparently, when they're in combat, they turn purple. Which normal Thalassian
    Elves (i.e. "High" Elves) do. So in reality, you got half of what you wanted.

Now step off your podium, you're embarrassing yourself.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2020-05-28 at 09:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    This is not an opinion, but an allegation or a simple lie.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, okay buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    Racism is not about not liking the color of skin but about people being inferior to others because of the color of skin.
    So one can go around hating blacks but as long as he doesn't feel superior to them it's not racism?

Ok mate, quality mental gymnastics there.

10+ Year Old Account
    So one can go around hating blacks but as long as he doesn't feel superior to them it's not racism?

What mental gymnastics is - it's people like you branding others like me a racist just because I pointed out that the offered option is nothing more than RL obligation.

A chasm between that opinion and "hating blacks" is fucking huge, but apparently you don't distinguish. Makes it all more hilarious you are pulling "mental gymnastics" card on others.

I'm not talking about hating. just about not liking. I even don't like Russians. Russian is not a race.

Fun Fact: Elfs are fictional characters that are based off of humams and they may look like however the writer of the story wants them to look like.

It's funny how blue elfs are fine, but so many people are losing their minds over black elfs haha and then they try to hide their obvious racism by talking about muh lore even though it's blizz who writes it, not them

Alright.
    First:
    then they try to hide their obvious racism
    muh lore
    Opinion: discarded.

For a more serious response: clearly, you talk about concepts you don't know anything about. Fantasy world doesn't mean make-believe/everything-is-possible world. Usually, these worlds obey to certain rules, which often differs from ours (that's why it's called fantasy).
    Blizzard have been criticized heavily for bending the rules of their own universe with retcons, shoe-horned plots or for gameplay reasons. The blood elf debacle is no exception: Alliance get black guys, so horde needed to have black guys too. Because symmetry.
    If they want to introduce black elves, to avoid an outrage they need to implement they them rightfully, with proper lore. Elves skin color and traits are explained by the type of magic they rely on. If the black elves do not use any specific one, then it needs to be addressed.

It's not hard to understand. At all.

Also, you seem to be mistaken: yes they're free to do what they want. But they're not free to be criticized. Of course, criticism shouldn't go as far as harassment or worse, but as far as I know, PUBLIC DISCUSSIONS are still a thing in western countries. And we're on a western website. Talking about a western game.
    Do you see where I'm going ?
    Last edited by WoWIsThatAPotato; 2020-05-28 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    What mental gymnastics is - it's people like you branding others like me a racist just because I pointed out that the offered option is nothing more than RL obligation.

A chasm between that opinion and "hating blacks" is fucking huge, but apparently you don't distinguish. Makes it all more hilarious you are pulling "mental gymnastics" card on others.
    No it's fucking not. All the ridiculous lore butchering that happens in the game all the time and people don't seem to mind, black skin customization and all of a sudden your lore is precious again and it's outrageous. Racism has many shapes and forms, it doesn't have to mean full on skinhead violent type. It can be subtle and structural.

Can we get worgens now as alliance just got full access to one of Horde races? I can perfectly see some of Worgens inflicting a curse on few villages of humans somewhere who would get saved by tauren druidic rituals or some voodoo stuff and then join the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it's fucking not. All the ridiculous lore butchering that happens in the game all the time and people don't seem to mind, black skin customization and all of a sudden your lore is precious again and it's outrageous. Racism has many shapes and forms, it doesn't have to mean full on skinhead violent type. It can be subtle and structural.
    You literally insert words into my mouth.

Repeat after me: the added tone option is an obvious obligatory RL insert.

I'm not even talking about "muh precious loar", that one is just further musings dumped by other posters. I'm just stating that simple statement. The end.

No, I don't hide KKK mask under the bed. It IS fine to say that thing in italic, it's not a racist statement by any stretch, so calm your jammies.

Void elves being anything but void touched color makes no sense.

I can take or leave the dark skinned blood elf tbh, i don't think it makes sense but i'm pretty indifferent to it, tbh i really dislike the look of other new skin tone, the yellowly brown one.

I'd rather them add a new race if you want more representation in the character options though if i'm honest.

Im totally doing this for my elfs:
    Priest called Leetah
    Rogue called Cutter and a warrior called Rayek

My elfquest fantasy becoming a thing finallly, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You literally insert words into my mouth.

Repeat after me: the added tone option is an obvious obligatory RL insert.

I'm not even talking about "muh precious loar", that one is just further musings dumped by other posters. I'm just stating that simple statement. The end.

No, I don't hide KKK mask under the bed. It IS fine to say that thing in italic, it's not a racist statement by any stretch, so calm your jammies.
    No I don't, I spoke in general and I didn't mean to imply you have said anything about lore. Should have clarified that, I admit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mitre27 View Post
    Void elves being anything but void touched color makes no sense.

I can take or leave the dark skinned blood elf tbh, i don't think it makes sense but i'm pretty indifferent to it, tbh i really dislike the look of other new skin tone, the yellowly brown one.

I'd rather them add a new race if you want more representation in the character options though if i'm honest.
    That one was just a white flag from Blizzard on the whole High Elf thing. It's just as fine as brown elves, if there is a demand. then so be it. If that gives them a bunch of extra subs while keeping a small community of high knife-ear huggers happy, then it's fine to have pristine pure High Elves masquerading as Void Elves.

I do actually agree that maybe a better touch would just be to add High Elves as allied race for both factions, something like allied race Pandaren, but I guess they decided to just dump a customization pack that lets people get close to that anyway. You could even say there is something nice about it, because Blizz could totally get some nice $$ from all the race changes there, but decided to just give it away.

Frankly, I am just waiting for Blizzard's last Bastion of No to fall and have them finally allow all races all classes combos, because really at this point it's just grasping at straws.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-05-28 at 09:54 AM.

Also, people who complain about the dark skin-tones: We do have India, indonesia and Tamil people who pretty mutch look like white people with a super-Dark complection

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    This is the void elf leader:

And it's your choice if you want to reroll. Nobody is forcing you to do that.

She's a unique character in the game with much more powers then a player character can have...
    We are just players...

If we take a special character as an example, why a druid can't have antlers or bark-skinned arms just like Malfurion or Cenarius... Or! There's Prophet Velen... He's taller and thinner than the avarage Draenei, but I haven't seen any body figure options going to be added for them...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorthalah View Post
    She's a unique character in the game with much more powers then a player character can have...
    We are just players...

If we take a special character as an example, why a druid can't have antlers or bark-skinned arms just like Malfurion or Cenarius... Or! There's Prophet Velen... He's taller and thinner than the avarage Draenei, but I haven't seen any body figure options going to be added for them...
    Pretty sure it's just your plain customization constraints we had for many years. Notable NPCs models are unique, they aren't playing with stock sliders we do.

I do actually think it would be cool to have class specific customization additions, but I guess that is way out of scope at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    Also, people who complain about the dark skin-tones: We do have India, indonesia and Tamil people who pretty mutch look like white people with a super-Dark complection
    I don't think people would complain about dark skin tones on the humans, but changing the fantasy races who have up until now only been shown with one type of skin is a valid complaint tbh.

I'm more annoyed that void elves are going to essentially be the same as blood elves now, there should be a difference between skintones since they're already using the same model