Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Wow, calm your tits guys, I was just asking for more in-game lore. I wasn't complaining at all.

I fully agree with the sentiment. I've already seen people discussing whether the blue eyes indicate some High Elves returning to Quel'thalas, or Blood Elves that lost the green of their eyes. With both sides reaching other conclusions. It'll be great if Blizz could just tell us the reasoning.

Same goes for other options we're getting. Specifically those Zandalari, Frost Trolls, and most of all Dark Trolls, of which there seemed to be only 1 left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    While you are at it, skin tones of Voidelves are puzzling me as much. I think it is fine to have lighter and darker tones, but should be within the void hue of what made the original model.

Suddenly you basically cannot differ between a BE and a VE?

But yeah...maybe it is the "Can you sons of b****es please quit your yapping now? Pretty please?" (as @Knight Meta put it so eloquently) - which ofc never happens
    Eh. There are a number of high and blood elves in the Telogrus Rift learning from Locus-Walker and the void elves. The only reason the first wave of void elves were so corrupted was because a Void entity interfered during the unlock scenario and intentionally increased their corruption. Before then, when we see Umbric in the Rift, he and the other elves there are pink-skinned and use the void elf eye color despite how long they'd been researching and dabbling with the Void. The non-blue void elves are the second wave of high elves and Silvermoon exiles who've mastered Alleria and Locus-Walker's teachings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I fully agree with the sentiment. I've already seen people discussing whether the blue eyes indicate some High Elves returning to Quel'thalas, or Blood Elves that lost the green of their eyes. With both sides reaching other conclusions. It'll be great if Blizz could just tell us the reasoning.

Same goes for other options we're getting. Specifically those Zandalari, Frost Trolls, and most of all Dark Trolls, of which there seemed to be only 1 left.
    The dark trolls are the easiest to explain, I think. There are plenty of subterranean tunnels, and one could just say that the dark trolls that joined the Horde were driven out of their tunnels by goblin sappers, only for the night elves to target them mid-rampage, so they join up with all the other trolls for survival's sake. The blood and Sandfury trolls joining up feels a little more awkward, but I'm willing to assume that the Darkspears and Zandalari have been on that hustle while we've been busy doing other stuff.

My main question is, when are we getting Revantusks playable? They've been with the Horde since Classic, and they're visually distinct from the jungle trolls (at least, the males are), but they're still an NPC race, meanwhile completely unaffiliated tribes are being brought into the Horde and made playable before them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LeifErikson View Post
    Wow, calm your tits guys, I was just asking for more in-game lore. I wasn't complaining at all.
    To answer your original question, if memory serves the high elves' blue eye color originally came from the Sunwell's arcane energies (same place the new gold eyes have come from with the Sunwell being infused with the Light back in 2.4). My guess is that the Sunwell currently functions as a font of both arcane and Light energies, and some blood elves are predisposed toward one or the other and that predisposition determines whether they're on the arcane or Light detox program.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Is there a quest explaining why bloodelves have green eyes?
    I personnaly don't remember one.
    No need to make a quest or something to explain why after so many years without fell in the sunwell their eyes have changed color.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    The dark trolls are the easiest to explain, I think. There are plenty of subterranean tunnels, and one could just say that the dark trolls that joined the Horde were driven out of their tunnels by goblin sappers, only for the night elves to target them mid-rampage, so they join up with all the other trolls for survival's sake. The blood and Sandfury trolls joining up feels a little more awkward, but I'm willing to assume that the Darkspears and Zandalari have been on that hustle while we've been busy doing other stuff.

My main question is, when are we getting Revantusks playable? They've been with the Horde since Classic, and they're visually distinct from the jungle trolls (at least, the males are), but they're still an NPC race, meanwhile completely unaffiliated tribes are being brought into the Horde and made playable before them.
    While you make reasonable guesses, they are still guesses and not everyone will agree with your speculation. Hence why it would be great if Blizz could clear it up.

I rather they don't explain further. There are already white elves in Telogrus Rift studying about the Void. That's all that's needed. People who care about lore will do a much better job for the background of their character than what Blizzard did with the original intro Velf quest and what scattered and inconsistent explanation they would come up with further.

For me: my Velf was always a High Elf and never joined the Horde, considers Kael'thas and the Blood Elves traitors. When Alleria, the greatest High Elf hero of the current age returned, she taught him and others how to reach for power and manipulate the Void to their advantage.

So yes, in Telogrus Rift we can see other elves being taught the same, it is already explained. The rest is up to you and your character.
    Last edited by Trumpcat; 2020-05-28 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Is there a quest explaining why bloodelves have green eyes?
    I personnaly don't remember one.
    No need to make a quest or something to explain why after so many years without fell in the sunwell their eyes have changed color.
    There's no lore explaining eye color in game, but it was explained in an ask CDev session in 2012:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    A: The situation regarding blood elf eyes is, in fact, extremely similar to that of the green skin of orcs: just being around heavy use of fel magic turned the eyes of the blood elves green. You could be the most pious of priests or most outdoorsy of Farstriders, chances are, if you were a high elf in Quel’Thalas or Outland following the Third War, you were around fel energies, and your eyes would turn green. Like the orcs’ skin color, such an effect would take a very long time to wear off. Fel magic works a bit like radiation in this sense; it permeates the area and seeps into anything in the vicinity. Anything near a source of fel magic shows signs of slight corruption, it just so happens that high elves and orcs manifest it in a very visual way.

They drank the Spice while in the desert dunes of Arrakis.

7+ Year Old Account
    If someone ends up asking they'll use this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ask CDev Round 2
    Why do blood elves still have green eyes?
    Corruption from fel energies takes a long time to wear off. It's why most orcs are still green even though Mannoroth is dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ask CDev Round 2
    How did the blood elven fel eye glint become so widespread? The Warcraft Encyclopedia suggests that Rommath only taught the blood elves of Azeroth about how to siphon arcane magic, as most of the populace would likely be "horrified" if they knew the true extent of Kael's dealings with Illidan.
    The situation regarding blood elf eyes is, in fact, extremely similar to that of the green skin of orcs: just being around heavy use of fel magic turned the eyes of the blood elves green. You could be the most pious of priests or most outdoorsy of Farstriders, chances are, if you were a high elf in Quel'Thalas or Outland following the Third War, you were around fel energies, and your eyes would turn green. Like the orcs' skin color, such an effect would take a very long time to wear off. Fel magic works a bit like radiation in this sense; it permeates the area and seeps into anything in the vicinity. Anything near a source of fel magic shows signs of slight corruption, it just so happens that high elves and orcs manifest it in a very visual way.

Or a new one like "The Sunwell did it!" or something.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2020-05-28 at 10:16 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    There's no lore explaining eye color in game, but it was explained in an ask CDev session in 2012:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    A: The situation regarding blood elf eyes is, in fact, extremely similar to that of the green skin of orcs: just being around heavy use of fel magic turned the eyes of the blood elves green. You could be the most pious of priests or most outdoorsy of Farstriders, chances are, if you were a high elf in Quel’Thalas or Outland following the Third War, you were around fel energies, and your eyes would turn green. Like the orcs’ skin color, such an effect would take a very long time to wear off. Fel magic works a bit like radiation in this sense; it permeates the area and seeps into anything in the vicinity. Anything near a source of fel magic shows signs of slight corruption, it just so happens that high elves and orcs manifest it in a very visual way.
    A pretty obvious useless and uninteresting response to a pretty stupid question made by someone pretty retarded who just wanted to hear the obvious.
    I really hope that those people will wait 5 years again before that incredible question is officially answered by a blue who just had time to lose.

Hello fellas,

I'd like to say Blizzard should give us an explanation for the new blue elf eyes in both factions. Something similiar as those conversations they put at the end of Legion to explain some of the new allied races.

Do you agree?
    Well we think they should also explain things like wild hammer tatotoos, an d other identifiers of the new options, this includes sand trolls, forest troll options and if they get it Farststrider cusotmisaitons in Thalassians and highborne customisations in Night elves.

- - - Updated - - -

A pretty obvious useless and uninteresting response to a pretty stupid question made by someone pretty retarded who just wanted to hear the obvious.
    I really hope that those people will wait 5 years again before that incredible question is officially answered by a blue who just had time to lose.
    It's the useless forum argumetns that push a person for that. Because you say the thing in forums and some people behave like morons arguing the obvious, this pushes people like htat guy to ask for a clear statement where one shoudl not have been needed becasue his buddies on the forum refuused to agree with him..rather than accept they're bhaving like morons and leave them to their headcanon. as if the eye issue makes much of a difference to anything

- - - Updated - - -

I believe Danuser did, it is basically " you can be who you want"

You can:
    1. Be a high elf who returned to Quel'thalas and becoming sin'dorei ( it doesn't change your eyes to green)
    2. Be a blood elf whose eye colour was restored to blue faster than natural thanks to the Sunwell returning
    3. You could be a high elf that chooses to remain a high elf but live amongst the sin'dorei helping your race but philosophically a high elf.

You really choose. All those scenarios are possible. The people struggling with this are those that have only viewed things in black and white and been unable to go beyond the stated lore while staying in the context of the lore.

Many people like that based on the discussions I have had that veer into territory the game doesn't show or the lore out right state but should be conceivable or possible within the framework and context the lore provide.

Some of those useless forum arguments have small story implications that matter to players. Maybe a quest isn't necessary, but a forum post from a blue can resolve some confusion for the people who are interested in the topic. Surely that's not so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Many people like that based on the discussions I have had that veer into territory the game doesn't show or the lore out right state but should be conceivable or possible within the framework and context the lore provide.
    Yeah well, on the other side people just like to make up whatever headcanon they want and claim it is real, and then spread that information as real, till no one knows what's going on anymore. If the lore doesn't provide it, it's fanfiction. And people are a bad judge about how likely it is, because they will wildly increase the odds of something being true, if it is something they desire to be true. That's how you get into unending discussions. If you're arguing in favor of headcanon and against Blizz just giving us an explanation, we're going to be on opposing sides. And yeah, I'm stating that very black and white, but I'm sure you get where I'm coming from.

The only useless thing I see around is your opinion.

Yeah well, on the other side people just like to make up whatever headcanon they want and claim it is real, and then spread that information as real, till no one knows what's going on anymore. If the lore doesn't provide it, it's fanfiction. And people are a bad judge about how likely it is, because they will wildly increase the odds of something being true, if it is something they desire to be true. That's how you get into unending discussions. If you're arguing in favor of headcanon and against Blizz just giving us an explanation, we're going to be on opposing sides. And yeah, I'm stating that very black and white, but I'm sure you get where I'm coming from.
    But the lore can't state everything, nor is it designed to. IT is intentional for you to be creative, adapt and envision situations that for yourself as long as they stay within the context.

Now you can go to far, if you want to convince yourselfan dotherst hat something is the case that isn't, you'd be in for a nasty shock when developmoent throws in something that basically kills your 10 year misconception.

Also i remember them actively saying they do want gray areas and wiggle room, both for you to have intereting discussions and for them to take directions that can exploit how vague they were initially when they eventually decide where to take certain thing.

Even established lore is not a 100% certainty since we get retcons. At the end of the day, just dont' get too serious about it or caught up in an utlimately pointless argument over something you have no poewr to directly control it's path, but are given some wiggle room.

It's a mmorpg and they finally decided to offer more character customization. There's your explanation.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

The only useless thing I see around is your opinion.
    -Why does blood elves whose sunwell has been corrupted by démons and eat fell energy have green eyes now?
    -Because the sunwell has been corrupted by demonic energies and they eat fell magic.
    -woooooooooooow. Who would have guess?

- why does blood elves whose sunwell has been purified and who stoped eating fell energies for the last 13 years can now have possible blue eyes?
    - that's a complete mystery. We might need a 15 episodes tv show, 3 cinematics with Jaina and the explanation from Bobby Kotick himself about that. We will put Derrick on the case.

All this Azerite in BFA effected them.

-Why does blood elves whose sunwell has been corrupted by démons and eat fell energy have green eyes now?
    -Because the sunwell has been corrupted by demonic energies and they eat fell magic.
    -woooooooooooow. Who would have guess?

- why does blood elves whose sunwell has been purified and who stoped eating fell energies for the last 13 years can now have possible blue eyes?
    - that's a complete mystery. We might need a 15 episodes tv show, 3 cinematics with Jaina and the explanation from Bobby Kotick himself about that. We will put Derrick on the case.
    Mate, you're not getting it. This is about Blizzard showing why there will be high elves in both factions. Besides, it is not a complaint, I'm just saying I'd love to see some more lore in-game. Is that a problem for you? Guess what, we honestly don't care.

You'd better learn to talk to people politely and say your point of view without using disrespectful words.

Mate, you're not getting it. This is about Blizzard showing why there will be high elves in both factions. Besides, it is not a complaint, I'm just saying I'd love to see some more lore in-game. Is that a problem for you? Guess what, we honestly don't care.

You'd better learn to talk to people politely and say your point of view without using disrespectful words.
    High elves does not exist anymore. They have all been renamed blood elves after the scourge. There is blood elves in both factions since the blood elves joined the horde and some decided to stay alliance.
    Now blood elves who stayed near the now purified sunwell got back their blue eyes. Where the fuck is the mystery to solve?