Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    aliance not wiping out the horde after kicking their ass 4 times

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post

Are you Obelisk Kai's less articulate brother now with a vendetta against night elven highborne lore? Night elves have always had mages, do you want to delete all the night elf lore and the race just so the possibilty of night elves having great arcane abilities doens't threaten your sense of horde elf ownership? Really?
    I have no idea who this person is, but I didn't know my feelings annoyed you so much.

Night Elf Warriors, Rogues, Druids, Hunters and Priests are the ones I met in W3 and the ones I liked the most. I like Night Elf Death Knights as they are a mix of controversial and savage.

I don't really care for Night Elf DH's and I hate night elf mages - deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Literally all of BfA. Patch 2.4 was also pretty stupid.

I’d put money on Shadowlands beating both though. Looking at some of the new customisation options it already is.

oh, and azerite.

And how the sword of sargeras was not adressed after N'zoth's demise.

Some WoD stuff was pretty dumb, too, and it was not because of the time/dimensional travel, but what blizz did with Grom.

Especially the ending of WoD when they celebrate all like friends.

What happened to doomhammer in alternate Draenor.

Its pretty difficult to narrow just one down, but how nobody ever realized Sylvanas was a conniving, duplicitous, psychopath despite the numerous events that depicted her as such was pretty silly.

That and N'zoth finally making an appearance just to get obliterated by a single beam of energy was also horribly disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    oh, and azerite.

And how the sword of sargeras was not adressed after N'zoth's demise.

Some WoD stuff was pretty dumb, too, and it was not because of the time/dimensional travel, but what blizz did with Grom.

Especially the ending of WoD when they celebrate all like friends.

What happened to doomhammer in alternate Draenor.
    why would sargeras sword be adressed after n'zoths demise?why would his demise somehow forward any means of getting it out?i dont rly think we can get it out,the wow ingame scale doesnt even do its actual size justice,plus the sword is acting as a wound closer,if you take it out it could cause more damage,not that there even is any being able of doing so...maybe when azeroth is born she can take it out....if we can even survive her ''birth''...cant wait to see how blizz handles THAT one

Quote Originally Posted by Celvira View Post
    Its pretty difficult to narrow just one down, but how nobody ever realized Sylvanas was a conniving, duplicitous, psychopath despite the numerous events that depicted her as such was pretty silly.

That and N'zoth finally making an appearance just to get obliterated by a single beam of energy was also horribly disappointing.
    Sylvanas fans sit there, with surprised Pikachu faces, when she yells "The Horde is Nothing!!"

I'm just here on my Blood Elf Mage, thinking: "You guys really didn't see this coming...?"

15+ Year Old Account
    WoW lore itself is one big stupid, but i've enjoyed it loads to, not my proudest admission.

You mean get rid of their official retcon plot device? And gateway to visit the past as new zones?

If magic is possible, how is the bronze flight anymore retarded than magically waving your hands and food appears? or channelling void (what is that anyway?) or light?

- - - Updated - - -

Are you Obelisk Kai's less articulate brother now with a vendetta against night elven highborne lore? Night elves have always had mages, do you want to delete all the night elf lore and the race just so the possibilty of night elves having great arcane abilities doens't threaten your sense of horde elf ownership? Really?
    hahahah xD Obelsik Kai is a legend, in a negative way

On topic: undead + the old horde + blood elves in one faction
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

I’d say almost the entirety of WoD.

And void elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    I have no idea who this person is, but I didn't know my feelings annoyed you so much.

Night Elf Warriors, Rogues, Druids, Hunters and Priests are the ones I met in W3 and the ones I liked the most. I like Night Elf Death Knights as they are a mix of controversial and savage.

I don't really care for Night Elf DH's and I hate night elf mages - deal with it.
    Sorry tanaria, your feelings don't annoy me, not at all, You do have a right to feel how you feel even if I don't understand and agree. Someitmes it's because i don't and I'm trying to point out to you.

I feel you don't like night elf mages because the idea of night elves as arcnae wielders is unfamilair to you and you feel that it is stepping on blood elf territory.

But the arcane is not an exclusive blood elf thing, it is a core part of the night elf lore and part of their racial make up. Night elves of the current era are survivors of the great genocide of the legion, and while the druids and preists are the most recognised, we also have the highborne and arcane mages and demon hunters who are also a large part of that role.

Perhaps I'm pressed to respond because I can see you're not seeing something here concerning. your hate seems to be purely based on feeling it's taking away from your blood elf identity - but the lore put night elves the origin of elven arcane ablity and mastery, and they've been playable for alliance night elves for more than half of wow's life time, and been a part of that race since its introduction.

But you don't have to like it ifyou don't. I wasn't too keen on other races having glowy eyes like night elves, i'm sure many weren't keen on night elven druids being available ot all genders and the horde too, same with blood elves being available to the horde, just like some aren't keen on void elves getting high elf skins. Most however shrug, and many embrace the change, exploring new opportunities and options opening up, new lore or in the case of playable night elf mages and cities lore brought to the gaming platform.

Arthas just letting the Alliance and Horde take the entirety of Northrend without much of a fight.

The Alliance and Horde waging a war against Illidan's forces for no particular reason after removing the threat of Legion invasion in the first 20 minutes of BC, and Kael switching sides to the Legion when Illidan's forces were wiping the floor with them in Outland.

Varian somehow deciding that a stern warning was all the Horde needed, and the Alliance for some reason deciding that they needed to help the Darkspear rebellion and give them tons of resources instead of just letting the rebellion weaken Org and then wiping Garrosh's forces out.

Sort of the entire plot of Cata, since Deathwing basically spent months flying around not really doing anything instead of just wiping out major cities or actually trying to accomplish anything

The Horde for some reason continuing to appoint warchiefs multiple times in a row as if it wasn't a pants on head retarded system.

People will stupidly meme about BfA's writing because someone told them it was the worst thing ever, but its worst points are less retarded than some of the shit that has happened in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    Panda DKs.
    But we already had undead bears in Hillsbrad, right? Thats close enough.
    I challenge you with undead ferret in shadowlands!

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I think, at least in the short term, the Bronze Dragonflight and Anachronos were looking to fix a mistake that one of their own (Kairozdormu) made when he sided with Garrosh and misused the Bronzes' power as well as the Vision of Time to create/solidify a timeway that should never have been. Essentially Garrosh and Kairoz condemned AU Draenor to the slow death of all alternate timelines, ensuring that the all denizens of that world would eventually die out. At least by helping empower the Vision they ensure some of the AU Orcs can escape the destruction of AU Draenor - and given the state of Yrel and her militant Draenei fanatics they don't really want to extend a bridge to them.

And of course with the Bronze flight there is always some future unknown they're hedging their bets on, which won't be revealed to us unless it becomes relevant later on.
    Do you have a lore source that Alternate timelines die out? I seen it thrown around as a fact, but I haven't seen an official source.
    Was it one of the Chronicles?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Do you have a lore source that Alternate timelines die out? I seen it thrown around as a fact, but I haven't seen an official source.
    Was it one of the Chronicles?
    It's outlined in "Chronicle Vol. 3." Originally it was canon lore in "Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects" but was retconned by the events of WoD, where the developers said that AU timelines were permanent and not temporary as previously depicted in the aforementioned novel. "Chronicle Vol. 3" clarified this and reinstated the TotA canon as concerns AU timelines, with the AU Draenor timeline being an exception due to the actions of Kairoz and the Vision of Time. The Mag'har recruitment scenario also strongly implies that AU Draenor is finally collapsing as well after existing for decades, and is responsible for the cataclysm both the Mag'har and the Lightbound allude to as being the other group's fault.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Sorry tanaria, your feelings don't annoy me, not at all, You do have a right to feel how you feel even if I don't understand and agree. Someitmes it's because i don't and I'm trying to point out to you.

I feel you don't like night elf mages because the idea of night elves as arcnae wielders is unfamilair to you and you feel that it is stepping on blood elf territory.

But the arcane is not an exclusive blood elf thing, it is a core part of the night elf lore and part of their racial make up. Night elves of the current era are survivors of the great genocide of the legion, and while the druids and preists are the most recognised, we also have the highborne and arcane mages and demon hunters who are also a large part of that role.
    But they don't play a large role.
    The Demon hunters are part of the Illidari and as far as the lore goes, they are on Fel Hammer.
    The Mages are such a small branch now - as far as the recent lore goes, and only those who are part of Tyrande's Army, only Mordent remains. 1 Mage remains, considering the Horde are tasked with killing a night elf frost mage, when the Dark Ranger Velonara, sends the Horde players to Darkshore, on the news of kaldorei problems and the moon going black.

We've got Estulan's school who seems to be doing a lot of nothing, since Eldre'Thalas is now, primarily inhabited by Ogres and the Libraries of Shen'dralar are destroyed.
    I can't relate to a race/class combo, that hardly makes an appearance and when they do, they are no better than the average Goblin, Dwarf or Human Mage.

The events of WoD, for sure.

Like most time travel stories in fantasy, it was utterly ridiculous, terribly executed and even more terribly concluded.

In Uldum, Siamat being a servant of Alakir, deathwing and the old gods but curing the locals from the curse if flesh, which was created by the old gods to weaken and corrupt living beings on Azeroth...

At the same time, deathwing who's been his whole life a master manipulator raises to show everyone that he is in fact just one big dumb dragon without any plan whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    why would sargeras sword be adressed after n'zoths demise?why would his demise somehow forward any means of getting it out?i dont rly think we can get it out,the wow ingame scale doesnt even do its actual size justice,plus the sword is acting as a wound closer,if you take it out it could cause more damage,not that there even is any being able of doing so...maybe when azeroth is born she can take it out....if we can even survive her ''birth''...cant wait to see how blizz handles THAT one
    why was it important for magni to save her blood(azerite) from the old god's forces and empower your necklace, to actually hope to defeat N'zoth?

Why should azeroth no longer bleed azerite, even tho the sword is still in silithus?

Answers only the lore devs could provide, but there is no conclusion to that story in the game at all.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    But they don't play a large role.
    The Demon hunters are part of the Illidari and as far as the lore goes, they are on Fel Hammer.
    The Mages are such a small branch now - as far as the recent lore goes, and only those who are part of Tyrande's Army, only Mordent remains. 1 Mage remains, considering the Horde are tasked with killing a night elf frost mage, when the Dark Ranger Velonara, sends the Horde players to Darkshore, on the news of kaldorei problems and the moon going black.

We've got Estulan's school who seems to be doing a lot of nothing, since Eldre'Thalas is now, primarily inhabited by Ogres and the Libraries of Shen'dralar are destroyed.
    I can't relate to a race/class combo, that hardly makes an appearance and when they do, they are no better than the average Goblin, Dwarf or Human Mage.
    I agree with the scarcity but if you want to discuss relatability I think there's much better examples.

- Goblin shamans. Before their little lore travesty, you had to actually serve the elements and preserve them from evil doers. But goblins can just make some sort of deal that makes it cool for them to continue destroying and polluting the environment.

- Forsaken and Void Elf monks, but no Worgen and Goblin monks. The reasoning for the cata races not getting monks is because they can't achieve inner serenity. You're telling me corpses raised by necromancy and elves infused with the maddening essence of the void can though?

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    - Everything with Sylvanas since WC3

- Titans being planet sized beings (then in antorus they are just bigger titan keepers, while Sargeras is planet sized monster just to get reduced in size...)

- Old gods being zits on a planet

- Time travel expansion that totally wasn't time travel

- One legion across multiple dimensions (so there's only one Kil'jaeden but he hunts infinite Velens...)

- Blood elves joining Horde

- Nathanos plot armor

- Bolvar not getting a single hit on Mary Suevanas
    Last edited by Zendhal The Black; 2020-05-28 at 12:32 PM.