Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Lightbulb Raider.io is almost perfect

They just need to include a statistic that lists how many times someone has ragequit a dungeon (being the first to leave before it’s over) and it would be perfect.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    They just need to include a statistic that lists how many times someone has ragequit a dungeon (being the first to leave before it’s over) and it would be perfect.
    This idea assumes that people are obligated to complete a dungeon no matter what.

Rage quit =/= leaving because the group sucks or someone goes afk.

it has to go away because now its doubling down on absurd requirements for a lower content.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    This idea assumes that people are obligated to complete a dungeon no matter what.

Partially agreed. Everything over 15 is mostly to finish in time. When there is no way to finish it, there is next to no reason to suffer through it UNLESS you do it with a fixed group of people to train.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Talrath View Post
    it has to go away because now its doubling down on absurd requirements for a lower content.
    But i can demand whatever i want for my group.

Too bad.

Learn the dungeons on 2. Raise your io with 7s and 8s. Timing all 7s puts you at nearly 1k io, It's not hard to do and understand. There's too many bads in this game and RIO is a b l e s s i n g

obvious bait thread is obvious.

Pretty sure that wouldn't even be possible to track.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post

People aren’t obligated, yes. And while raider.io has been mostly useful when creating my groups, it would also be useful to see if the person I’m choosing to add is the type that consistently “disconnects” or quits dungeons all the time.
    change can't wait.

I agree that there are some toxic ass.hats that leave a dungeon only because the tank seems to not take the route they want wasting the key and everyones time because they think their time is more important.
    However that's like 1 in a 100.

Most other early quits are often justified..

Leaving before the dungeon is over in no way = rage quit. People are not obligated to run the whole thing.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    They should just add a comment section under everyone's profile.

People aren’t obligated, yes. And while raider.io has been mostly useful when creating my groups, it would also be useful to see if the person I’m choosing to add is the type that consistently “disconnects” or quits dungeons all the time.
    But it is not useful because you have no idea why they quit. For that reason, it would be open to severe abuse.

A metric like that would heavily incentive not being the first to quit at all costs, believe me, you don't want that.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Yeah because that would never be abused in any way.

How about you make your own groups with your own requirements?

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    "If you don't carry my ass through this i'll leave a bad review on your profile".

Can you guys only think 2 centimetres ahead?

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    A metric like that would heavily incentive not being the first to quit at all costs, believe me, you don't want that.
    People have legit reasons to leave. You cannot force people to stay. All youa re doing is trying to get people to conform to how you want to play. That is wrong.

Nah, that is just not true. I think **unless otherwise stated** PUGs are for farming content, and not progressing content. So requiring to have done a +15 AD, I want the person to have atleast one +15 AD done. What is wrong with that? Since I am using r.io I have had much less problems dealing with idiots who have 470+ ilvl but kick like 3 spells in a who Sots run.
    I really think that r.io does help to lower the requirements. If someone has 450 ilvl he is very well equipped to clear a +10 key in time. BUT that would require knowledge of the dungeon, and since I cannot see if he has that, I have to increase the ilvl requirement, because the more gear, the less knowledge is required. If we introduce r.io, i can easily take someone with 450 ilvl if he has multiple keys done in the +10 region.

- - - Updated - - -

I really don't think that this would be a good addition. Because I think I have the right to leave a dungeon if I see at the first boss that it will not be timed, unless otherwise stated (e.g. clear for weekly, e.g. time doesnt matter).

Edit: Image I want to leave, but cant because of some stupid r.io disconnect counter. I'd just wipe the group until someone leaves first.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    "If you don't carry my ass through this i'll leave a bad review on your profile".

Can you guys only think 2 centimetres ahead?
    There's no other way to get compulsive leavers since the system can't catch unfinished dungeons. Unless they make it so you can upload a dungeon log that will show the unfinished dungeon, thus spiting the leaver since it will appear on their page.

That's the whole point.

Your metric does jack-shit to actually tell you WHY they left a dungeon.
    It's not fair to label people as a "leaver" when they left a dungeon because the other 4 people couldn't do mechanics on the first boss and they wiped 4 times, ruining the key at the start. Or if someone has to do "irl" shit and goes afk for 10 mins ruining the key. Or you can probably think up a billion reasons yourself.

So again, define what a rage-quit is.

Because I doubt anyone would ever rage-quit a dungeon if it is going well.
    Mages doing below tank dps? Expect people to leave.