Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    To anyone who still moans about "muh faction identity", let me remind you that this doesn't change anything and that you are 3 years late with your complaint:

What a good looking Blood Elf! Wait..

So disappointed, what an absolute mess... Imagine if they just went Blood Elf for the horde, and High Elf for the alliance.

1. Youre not a High Elf, you wont ever be a High Elf in WoW now. One of the most iconic races going all the way back to Warcraft 3 wont be a thing in WoW. I ask myself how this is possible and why they would ever introduce that abomination of a race in Void Elves.

And before you go: Blood Elves are former High Elves, High Elves of the Silver Covenant are NOT Blood Elves.
    High Elves belong to the Alliance.

2. One of the most iconic classes for a High Elf is a paladin, something you cant do. Even if they add it - Void Elf Paladin? Nah...

3. Imagine pretending being a High Elf, and then that ugly void form racial procs - thats it for the roleplaying if u ask me.

4. Blizzard gave the middlefinger to High Elf fans yet again - Just like the ungoing debate about Corruptions, we wanted to be able to buy them, and once again: "You want something? You can have our fucked up version of it..."

The High Elf dream is officially DEAD. Curse the day they added Void Elves...
    Last edited by nando91; 2020-05-28 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    His entire point was don't let anyone claim your character's story (or in your words, headcanon) is wrong. Not even the game.

If you disagree with his point that's your prerogative. His answer is a general statement, not one specific to Wildhammer only.

We can agree to disagree, futile to continue discussing it further.
    Specific to wildhammer? No. Simply since dwarves are dwarves.
    Same for trolls/sand trols.

Void elves and LF dranei though? Not really, but hey, if a title is what people need to feel like they got everything they desired then more power to them right?

Quote Originally Posted by nando91 View Post
    So disappointed, what an absolute mess... Imagine if they just went Blood Elf for the horde, and High Elf for the alliance.

1. Youre not a High Elf, you wont ever be a High Elf in WoW now. One of the most iconic races going all the way back to Warcraft 3 wont be a thing in WoW. I ask myself how this is possible.

And before you go: Blood Elves are former High Elves, High Elves of the Silver Covenant are NOT Blood Elves.

2. One of the most iconic classes for a High Elf is a paladin, something you cant do. Even if they add it - Void Elf Paladin? Nah...

3. Imagine pretending being a High Elf, and then that ugly void form racial procs - thats it for the roleplaying if u ask me.

4. Blizzard gave the middlefinger to High Elf fans yet again - Just like the ungoing debate about Corruptions, we wanted to be able to buy them, and once again: "You want something? You can have our fucked up version of it..."

I'm gonna stop you right there...I almost completely agree with you except for one thing...When the heck did Paladins become an iconic class for High elves??
    High elf paladins were said to be exceptionally rare. High elf Rangers, Mages and Priests were the iconic classes.

As for the racial, I'm hoping it can be changed with a glyph or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Agreed to, however I think it is coming at the start of the expansion

- - - Updated - - -

@Broflake Give templates with those names in character creation, it's the least they could do.

Farstriders and highborne while not races, are significant enough groups that can have r their own styles to warrant I clusion as templates in the nllod/void and night elf character creation screens
    They can just include such appearances with tattoos and the like. Fartriders are literally just blood elf rangers so you can just make more custom options to fit the look. Same for the night elves who want the highborne look.
    I am sure they'll have those options but they'll probably be something like

Option 30/Option 31.
    This is Blizzard, on the best of days they give you the option but wont say where it is specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by nando91 View Post

1. Youre not a High Elf, you wont ever be a High Elf in WoW now. One of the most iconic races going all the way back to Warcraft 3 wont be a thing in WoW. I ask myself how this is possible and why they would ever introduce that abomination of a race in Void Elves.

The void version only procs if you get in combat.
    Learn to take a win. ^^

Indeed, it's a shame about paladin though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    I'm gonna stop you right there...I almost completely agree with you except for one thing...When the heck did Paladins become an iconic class for High elves??
    High elf paladins were said to be exceptionally rare. High elf Rangers, Mages and Priests were the iconic classes.

As for the racial, I'm hoping it can be changed with a glyph or something.
    People tend to confuse Blood Elf paladins, an order that was founded only after Blood Elves became a thing, and think it is something that has existed forever in High Elven society.

Blizzard literally had to explain Blood Elf Paladins by them sucking up energies from a Naaru, because there never were High Elf paladins. High Elf Paladins are as common as Night Elf Paladins: we have one example for each, both added after Blood Elf Paladins became a thing.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    The hair colours on the Void Elves (and maybe new BE customizations) that are blue, purple etc will fit well with dragon mortal form RP too.

Also the Alliance Vindictive Gladiator set for hunters will look really good on Void Elves going for natural colours.

Quote Originally Posted by Traycor View Post
    On the coding side, you never know, because sometimes coding is just dump. However, it can't be that hard to change the text in a field.

As for necessity, Blizzard is making some fundamental shifts about what "race" means in the game. At the very least, this should be reflected by updated race descriptions on the character select screen.
    I think they said they were changing the race descriptions. I am not sure if theycan change the title of the race character in a dynamic fashion though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    People tend to confuse Blood Elf paladins, an order that was founded only after Blood Elves became a thing, and think it is something that has existed forever in High Elven society.

Blizzard literally had to explain Blood Elf Paladins by them sucking up energies from a Naaru, because there never were High Elf paladins. High Elf Paladins are as common as Night Elf Paladins: we have one example for each, both added after Blood Elf Paladins became a thing.

Yeah I don't understand this either, especially since blood elves have the sunwell which give them the paladin class lore wise.
    Consider void elves are literally made of void, and paladins are inundated with light, they would explode no?

We all realize High Elves as their own race have not been in the cards since at least the addition of Void Elves, if not before that, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Theres a distinct lack of an argumentative someone in this thread now, i wonder why?

OT: SO glad of all these new customisations, I can't wait to try it all out DD

10+ Year Old Account
    My next high elf war mage, member of the Kirin Tor :

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/dres...08vZG808abz87k
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

This is correct. While it's possible that some High Elves were part of the Silver Hand or even could be considered as Paladins (like Nathanos was the only human ranger), being a Paladin was mostly a Human exclusive thing untill WoW Classic. The Blood Knight order was formed at the end of Classic, as Blood Elves were trying to get rid of the undead still roaming the ruins of Silvermoon and the light has proven to be a useful weapon against them.

I think most people confuse "High Elf Paladins" with the Spell Breaker units from WC3 TFT. They are basically battle mages and a Paladin is as close as you can get to this in WoW right now.

Those are still considered Blood Elf units though and not High Elf, their WC3 TFT description is:

Elven warrior trained to disrupt and contort magical energies. These Blood Elven warriors, fresh from the destruction of their homeland, have turned a new eye towards the dying land of Lordaeron. Can it possibly remain their home? Has Spell Immunity. Attacks land units.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    I think they said they were changing the race descriptions. I am not sure if theycan change the title of the race character in a dynamic fashion though.
    Great to hear they might be updating the descriptions. It would be awesome if it explicitly stated that high elves are part of the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Traycor View Post
    Great to hear they might be updating the descriptions. It would be awesome if it explicitly stated that high elves are part of the group.
    It might, but people are fickle.
    I mean, the blood elf descriptor literally calls them high elves and many helfers still would say "well they're not high elves".
    Its more about the title people care about for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    The in-game files would read as completely different races, even though the player would access them from a single interface element.

So, when creating a new character one of the clickable options might be "Dwarf". After you select that option, three clickable flags show up on the screen somewhere that further delineate regional variants (i.e. "Bronzebeard Dwarf", "Dark Iron Dwarf", and "Wildhammer Dwarf").

This allows for each variant to be treated, in the files, as a completely unique race... while still being known, broadly, by a single ethnic demonym (in this case, "Dwarf"/"Dwarves").

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I don't think all that's necessary but dialing down our requests a bit to realistic, some tattoos, regular for blood elves and glow-in-the-dark purple styled ones for void elves would be fun.
    I do like the Alleria tatoos and get up and quite like these concept arts they posted for high elves, I've always felt they would be great on blood elves especially playing to the Farstrider theme which is currently having no specific customisation.

With this current opening up of the Thalassian elves, no one can make arguements that this is high elven not blood elves or anything like that, and I would really like my blood elf to have a wilder more forest theme available for the ranger/farstrider fantasy, these look good.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    You know something tho? I am happy with this, but, something feels off...

These feel kinda rushed -as per the clarification VE's will retain their underwear- if you look at these, they are very simple texture swaps that anyone can do really easily and fast...

This is not about this being a lie, but, what if the reason these dropped so suddenly, it's because bad news are incomming? But they'll go, hey, remember when you got Helves? that was fun!

or is this just paranoia?
    A blue posted that Void Elves would have appropriate underwear in the official thread in case you missed it since making this post.

On the note of race flags. Apparently, transformation items have changed your race flags for a while now. For example, a naga transformation item will make your race tag say "Level x Naga <Class>"

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    We all realize High Elves as their own race have not been in the cards since at least the addition of Void Elves, if not before that, right?
    Idk it sure feels like some people thought otherwise these past few years.