Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    If you get high enough numbers to be a concern, the problem is you most likely. Not that all your groups involved someone going afk... it's all about how many you leave within a timespan and if it's done after someone died once or twice.
    is it? i've quit way more groups because of mutual agreement to quit than i have because of leavers.

and there is no good way for blizzard to make a distinction between those two if they wanted to support this in their api.

like if i have 20% failed runs, does that mean i quit pugs all the time or does that mean i push high keys with a fixed group and we reset the key if it goes wrong?

there are just way to many ifs and buts for something like this to work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Let's be fair, even if you have a legit reason to leave and nobody would stop you - you still ruined the run by leaving.
    The run might already be ruined if the other dps are extremely underperforming. If people are expecting to be carried they should state that clearly before the run starts. Otherwise it is THEM that ruins the run.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    The run might already be ruined if the other dps are extremely underperforming. If people are expecting to be carried they should state that clearly before the run starts. Otherwise it is THEM that ruins the run.
    Yep, though if someone's DPS sucks, their score is going to reflect that anyway. I mentioned the "quit because other DPS sucks" earlier, the metric has to be tightly tuned to not punish people who aren't supposed to be punished by it - it shouldn't force people to boost anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    is it? i've quit way more groups because of mutual agreement to quit than i have because of leavers.

and there is no good way for blizzard to make a distinction between those two if they wanted to support this in their api.

like if i have 20% failed runs, does that mean i quit pugs all the time or does that mean i push high keys with a fixed group and we reset the key if it goes wrong?

there are just way to many ifs and buts for something like this to work properly.
    Sure, I'm not saying it's perfect, it has it's problems and I'm not for it...

The guy I quoted talked about leaving because of other players, afk for example...thus that's what I responded too.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    There's no other way to get compulsive leavers since the system can't catch unfinished dungeons. Unless they make it so you can upload a dungeon log that will show the unfinished dungeon, thus spiting the leaver since it will appear on their page.
    Your idea isn't a way either. It causes more harm than good. You really need to think about the potential for abuse. When you do, you will realize just how terrible your idea really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I just know that pugging = risk
    It’s crazy to me how this isn’t clear to some people. If you decide to play with complete strangers tgen you decide to take a risk. You have no idea if the people you just grouped up with are the biggest idiots on the earth. That’s just how it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leavers seems less frequent now that echoes were introduced. At least for keys at 15-20.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    It’s crazy to me how this isn’t clear to some people. If you decide to play with complete strangers tgen you decide to take a risk. You have no idea if the people you just grouped up with are the biggest idiots on the earth. That’s just how it is.
    I mean, this is exactly what raider.io is for though - this is just one of the ways it could be better in helping you determine that before actually experiencing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Leavers seems less frequent now that echoes were introduced. At least for keys at 15-20.
    Simple people are simple.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    probably same amount of leavers, just more non-leavers doing more dungeons again for a while.

how are you guys running into so many leavers? I've had maybe 3 leavers, total, throughout my 2 years of pugging keys on 3-5 tanks (depending on guildie interest) in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    raider.io is CANCER.recount has done a lot of damage to this game, and now raider.io also, just like the 4 raid difficulties since it was much better normal and heroic mode, anyway, blizzard keeps doing things wrong..every time he does everything worse ... and people become more and more elitist ... to the point that nobody invites you to party if you do not have the HC curve or high score of raider.io.and...this is a game?I thought that a good game gave you fun, not frustration at not being able to make the content...I have never done a mithic +, because I do not use raider.io.it is not WOW.that is DIABLO3.(Greater rifts).
    Total sh*t.
    I made at about a year break in the game, therefore I did't have any current curves or rio, but I got to pud raiding and keys in about two weeks (without curve and rio).

If you know how it's working, you can easily boost your rio.
    Week 1: do all dungeons 6-7 in time. Its extremely easy and do not req rio at all.
    Week 2: do all dungeons 10 in time. Since you will have some rio from prev week, you will easily find groups.
    Week 3: boom! You have ~1300 rio, now you can run 12-13's to be closer to 15 reqs.
    Week 4: you have enough rio to run timed 15.
    That applies if you have zero rio. If you have rio from prev season - you can go straight to 10-12+.

Also, rio addon not required to record key runs. Addon just provides info from raider.io website, which takes info from blizz through api. You just need to run keys, nothing more.

Pugging is the worst experience I've had in this game. Even when things go good, it's just not a fun experience, cause there is no social interaction and the game gets really boring when you can't communicate through a bad pull and everything seems to overlap.

And the only thing I miss from raider.io, is having a wall where people can write about you. Yes sure that one kid that feels entitled to be carried after 5 wipes on a boss will leave a badmouth reply on it, but nobody cares about half a page of such guys. Having 4-8 pages of how toxic leaver this guy is, might actually be onto something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really dislike Raider.io. Turning the the process of grouping up into a job application simulator. But I don't know if that's even the worst part. It changed how people view different classes and specs. If your spec isn't seen clearing high-end keys on Raider.io, your spec isn't particularly well received, in any difficulty. Make your own group? "It's an Enh shaman, lol." It's even worse than the Gearscore of old in that regard.

It's fucking cancer, and it just saddens me how WoW community took it in like it did.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

How to track? Just track it through the in game addon. They could made them communique those info. Now if someone constantly disconnect or quit, you get flag as bad reputation at some point. Not if it's happen occasionally, only if it's in you behavior.

Anyway, this should be made default ingame. If you give player tools to make pickup group and you made the content that punitif(no loot, waste of time, lowering of the key) if someone leave, the one leaving should get flag as a bad behavior player.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I really dislike Raider.io. Turning the the process of grouping up into a job application simulator. But I don't know if that's even the worst part. It changed how people view different classes and specs. If your spec isn't seen clearing high-end keys on Raider.io, your spec isn't particularly well received, in any difficulty. Make your own group? "It's an Enh shaman, lol." It's even worse than the Gearscore of old in that regard.

It's fucking cancer, and it just saddens me how WoW community took it in like it did.
    Your alternative, which is what we had in those olden days before gearscore and similar, is that no content beyond Deathbringer on normal was puggable - and pugs that got that far without were seen as fairly successful WITH gearscore as a metric. Before gearscore, what pugs did was Kara, rarely ZA, and maybe Gruul even when BT was out.

You can still do the same with M+ and normal raids today - not many will check raider.io (or care about your spec) for a M+ run below +10, or a normal Nyalotha.
    Last edited by Segus1992; 2020-05-28 at 02:03 PM.

r.io is objectively good but as all objective good things they cannot just be applied to players.

The downside is that if you're not running stuff from day 1 and increase your score immediately, good luck doing it after. If you can get some help from guildmates or friends, everything changes.

The point is that a simple number cannot describe a player. It doesn't count if he leaves after a pull or has an unstable line. It doesn't define skill, only how many times someone has run a dungeon at a certain level and you can buy those pretty easily. Players use it as an artificial filter to "keep out baddies" when maybe someone has just started the expansion/patch very late due to IRL events and its score is low or zero.

Worse than everything, it's just an epeen meter for organized groups and makes life actually more difficult for people that use PUGs, while i'm pretty sure the idea behind it was to streamline and make pugging easier.

Again, i have nothing against r.io, but it certainly didn't make the game better. It's gearscore all over again, and we all know how that ended.

EDIT: i just don't understand all this rank/ladder fixation most players have. All i see is "i want only the best party members so my life is easier". And i'm obviously not talking about organized groups that actually do really high M+ to challenge themselves.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2020-05-28 at 02:03 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post

Players will take to any tool that allows them to lord superiority over others.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    yes you can, but if your demands aren't in line with what the community sees as normal, your group won't fill up. and raider.io and similar systems definitively influence what is seen as normal. which has it's pros and cons.
    Correct. But as long as my group fills up people with this raider.io apparantly still only feel comfortable running keys on that hight with a pug.

An that in turn means people should not skip keyslvls. Work yourself up. You will peak at the hight you can play.

Some classes have difficulty getting in PuGs. Primarly DDs. But that is a problem of the system encouraging (and making it possible) to pull huge packs. That is why my moonkin with a 2.2k rating cannot get into even a +10 key... not becuase of rating. Because of class. My DH gets invited almost isntantily to whatever he wants. And he is at 1.4 only

Quote Originally Posted by iinverse View Post
    -snip-
    Sorry, i missed your post. Since i'm exactly in this situation, i'm defo going to try that. I don't know if i have time to run ALL dungeons in a week (which kinda defeats the plan) but at least it's a checklist i can easily follow and try. I did already a couple of 8s last week, farmed back etc now i'm 450ilvl and this way i should be able to pull my weight.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.