Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yeah, people need to realize, it always takes two sides to have an argument.
    I still want paladins Void Elf Paladins!
    I would imagine that could be coming in the next expansion, along with some other class additions like Nelf Paladins.
    Of course, that being said I have no idea what the Horde could get in the way of new class options. Paladins is the most obvious one to give, but you cannot have too many of those either.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Now that we have Wildhammers, Sand Trolls and High Elfs - some other sub-races that could possible work as "just customizations":

- Blood Trolls
    - Gilgoblins
    - Frost Dwarfes
    - Leper Gnomes

Could even do small quests with us going back there and recruiting them, similiar to how Night Warrior was handled?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I heard they had few days off around memorial day, imo we'll see small Torghast build tomorrow or nothing at all this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Now that we have Wildhammers, Sand Trolls and High Elfs - some other sub-races that could possible work as "just customizations":

- Blood Trolls
    - Gilgoblins
    - Frost Dwarfes
    - Leper Gnomes

Could even do small quests with us going back there and recruiting them, similiar to how Night Warrior was handled?
    I'd take Frost Dwarves if they got dedicated beard and hair textures, ha ha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I heard they had few days off around memorial day, imo we'll see small Torghast build tomorrow or nothing at all this week.
    I imagine we'll see something this week because of the Blood Elf/Void Elf preview.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I imagine we'll see something this week because of the Blood Elf/Void Elf preview.
    This and 9th June stream reveal could be as well "throw them a bone, so they won't stop talking about SL" stuff. As always, some things can be interpret both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Everything they've said has had heavy implications there will be nothing ingame lore or questwise for these new subraces.

I think it could happen in 10.0 (Azeroth) to build out/diversify their NPCs throughout whatever zones are used, but they have essentially been saying "we aren't going to put anything in for your Wildhammer, use your imagination"

I think they added the blood elf skins to the void elfs mainly because its quick and easy. It was a pretty clever move.
    There will be probably no explanation ingame just like for the Wildhammer Tattoos that the Dwarfs got. I rather like them to add more customizations then trying to explain all of them ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    I think they added the blood elf skins to the void elfs mainly because its quick and easy. It was a pretty clever move.
    There will be probably no explanation ingame just like for the Wildhammer Tattoos that the Dwarfs got. I rather like them to add more customizations then trying to explain all of them ingame.
    I think it's ironic that some people will shit themselves over new races/subraces being added (like the new humans, the void elves, etc) but then are cool with sand trolls and multiple dark trolls. People need to get it in their heads that the mass majority of players don't give a fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I think it's ironic that some people will shit themselves over new races/subraces being added (like the new humans, the void elves, etc) but then are cool with sand trolls and multiple dark trolls. People need to get it in their heads that the mass majority of players don't give a fuck.
    I think Blizzard was being kinda silly, more so than usual, with the Dark Troll thing. I'm entirely cool with Dark Troll skins, but why did they even bother with that "the last Dark Troll" notion in BfA? Short-sighted!

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Sand trolls, sure, whatever.

Dark trolls is dumb. Like I'm always fine with more customization but I at least like it when things make sense lorewise. There's no dark trolls left.

Like you could argue maybe there's some remaining underneath Hyjal/Twilight Highlands or whatever but then why show there being one left? Doesn't make sense.

I think Blizzard was being kinda silly, more so than usual, with the Dark Troll thing. I'm entirely cool with Dark Troll skins, but why did they even bother with that "the last Dark Troll" notion in BfA? Short-sighted!
    Thats why they usually don't give us numbers how many of a specific race actually exists, otherwise there would be probably 3 Orcs left or something :P

She got busy on Zandalar.

And Orc Warlocks are known to age up new grunts for for the grinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Thats why they usually don't give us numbers how many of a specific race actually exists, otherwise there would be probably 3 Orcs left or something :P
    We all know Blizzard likes to play fast and loose with numbers.

After the War of Thorns, we're told the Night Elves were almost all wiped out. Bet you in an expansion, they'll still asspull an entire army if they need to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    .. I guess the Zandalari Trolls know how to handle endangered species better than we do in the real world. O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

And Orc Warlocks are known to age up new grunts for for the grinder.
    I guess the expansion wasn't boring for just players.

- - - Updated - - -

.. I guess the Zandalari Trolls know how to handle endangered species better than we do in the real world. O_O
    ...what are you suggesting?

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    ...what are you suggesting?
    N.. nothing.

*whistles innocently*

Or the skin colour is dominant, but they aren't truly Dark Trolls, just dark Trolls. She did note she never pays for drinks, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    So zone tomorrow?
    Word is it's a quiet week this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Saw today's news, all I can do is sigh. So we're at the point now where race means nothing, right? Like you can be a High Elf yet the string says Void Elf or Blood Elf.

I should specify I'm not against this. But if Blizz wanted this they should have just made a neutral High Elf race.
    Is Alleria a High Elf or a Void Elf? She looks like a High Elf, for all intents and purposes she is a High Elf, but she can turn Voidform like the playable Void Elves.

Never complete peace, but this was probably the best we'd ever realistically get.

It'll get even better once the spiteful naysayers that have made it part of their identity to gloat at High Elf fans learn to cope and move on, too.
    I still want to campaign for blonde hair. I mean, that's all that's missing. Why trip on the finish line? So far we've not seen blonde hair suggested for void elves and I have a feeling they won't do it due to how weird blonde hair would look with the purple skin tones. But for the love of god, we're soooooo close

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Is Alleria a High Elf or a Void Elf? She looks like a High Elf, for all intents and purposes she is a High Elf, but she can turn Voidform like the playable Void Elves.
    She is biologically a High Elf. Void Elf is now both a subspecies (Umbric and the others that were forcibly mutated) as well as a political affiliation (for the High Elves and Silvermoon exiles who wish to join them).

All of them will now share the ability to tap into rift portals and phase shift, which is likely something they're considering can be taught to others. I'm not sure they will consider the echo voice for everyone canon (Alleria doesn't have one last I checked).